Ulic Qel Droma, and Darth Thanaton vs. Corran Horn, Kit Fisto, and Aayla Secura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

carthage
Could go either way. Horn's absorption can take Thanton's lightning and I don't see Ulic handling Fisto and Secura at once.

Kalen Sykes
Ulic's the best swordsman in the fight. I could see him dueling Corran and Aayla, while Thanaton disposes of Fisto. Then, he could attack either Corran or Aayla (if both are still alive), allowing Ulic to defeat the other opponent. Finally, Thanaton and Ulic destroy the lone combatant, remaining.

Just as an aside, while Corran has the absorption ability, I don't think it would be a game changing factor in this battle. Thanaton has sorcery, so that would level the playing field, too.

carthage
Was only referencing absorption with regards to Thanaton's lightning, not sure it would work on whatever types of other spells he has. Fisto and Ulic should be close in speed, but with Aayla on him I don't think he'd last long.

Kalen Sykes
I have Fisto fighting Thanaton, while Corran and Aayla fight Ulic. I feel Ulican can hold his own against those two, and I think Thanaton can dospose of Fisto without being pressed too much.

carthage
I'm not seeing how Thanaton can duel and prep a spell at the same time, he isn't Darth Zannah. His lightning can be absorbed, and while he is a competent duelist, I just don't see how he's going to be able to hold one off and still try use his sorcery.

Kalen Sykes
I wasn't saying he would use sorcery, just that he had that as an option. As far as his lightning being absorbed, who has shown the ability to do that, on Team 2?

carthage
Fisto in a straight up duel would gradually overwhelm Thanaton, not enough for a straight up oneshot but he's got better speed feats overall. I got the scenarios mixed up, but even then Ulic would take out Aayla and Corran with high difficulty and would be exhausted and in no place to fight Fisto imo.

carthage
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I wasn't saying he would use sorcery, just that he had that as an option. As far as his lightning being absorbed, who has shown the ability to do that, on Team 2?

Horn

Kalen Sykes
When did Corran absorb Force Lightning?

carthage
He used it to absorb electricity from a shock batton

It wasn't FL but he should be able to replicate it against FL IMO.

Granted, one can certainly make the argument Thanaton's lightning might overwhelm him

Kalen Sykes
He absorbed energy, but he's never absorbed a manifestation of the Force itself, which Force Lightning is. I doubt he would even attempt it. Without prior training, he would open himself up for a killing blast.

carthage
-

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1 would utterly destroy Team 2. This is not a fair contest.

Q99
I think it depends a lot on the matchups. Corran's energy absortion makes him well suited to Darth 'Walking Lightning Artillery.' A charged up Horn is a scary thing.

However, if Corran ends up matched against Ulic, he can put up a good fight, possibly win if he has help, but Thanaton has a high chance of blasting his opponents in that case. Only Corran can withstand lightning of that magnitude.

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
He absorbed energy, but he's never absorbed a manifestation of the Force itself, which Force Lightning is. I doubt he would even attempt it. Without prior training, he would open himself up for a killing blast.

Many characters have absorbed Force Lightning though. Luke, Krayt, Muur, Revan, Wyyrlok... it doesn't seem to be an unusual thing to absorb.

Nephthys
There's also Thanaton's ritual attack to think of.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
There's also Thanaton's ritual attack to think of.

A potential danger, to be sure, but it depends on what he opens with.

S_W_LeGenD
Horn isn't strong enough to contend with either Thanaton and Droma in a one-on-one, Horn's companions are also useless in this contest. Team 2 is utterly outgunned.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
A potential danger, to be sure, but it depends on what he opens with.
Potential danger?

Its a certified insta-win technique for Thanaton, certainly in this contest.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
I think it depends a lot on the matchups. Corran's energy absortion makes him well suited to Darth 'Walking Lightning Artillery.' A charged up Horn is a scary thing.
Actually, a charged up Thanaton is a scary thing.

Its one thing to absorb some random bolts of energy but it is an entirely different matter to absorb Sith lightning of such a caliber that it engulfs the entire body, inflicts great pain and can reduce a body to charred husk due to sheer heat if absorption attempt fails.

Originally posted by Q99
However, if Corran ends up matched against Ulic, he can put up a good fight, possibly win if he has help, but Thanaton has a high chance of blasting his opponents in that case. Only Corran can withstand lightning of that magnitude.
This is a speculation, nothing concrete.

Thanaton isn't some "regular" with Sith lightning, he is awfully proficient in the use of this technique. It is not far-fetched to assume that Thanaton will be literally burn entire Team 2 with just his lightning storms. And I am not even considering his other powers.

Originally posted by Q99
Many characters have absorbed Force Lightning though. Luke, Krayt, Muur, Revan, Wyyrlok... it doesn't seem to be an unusual thing to absorb.
Doesn't seems to be an unusual thing? These are few names.

Even the most powerful of the Jedi struggle at containing Sith lightning with bare hands. Do the math.

Horn doesn't have proven credentials in this respect.

carthage
When did Thanaton turn someone into a charred husk?

Got any scans?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
When did Thanaton turn someone into a charred husk?

Got any scans?
Thanaton (Prime) reduced his younger-self to ash with a casual burst of lightning, in a vision.

carthage
Nice feat

S_W_LeGenD
To add, Thanaton, even during young days, tolerated powerful (potent) bursts of Sith lightning from Exal Kressh in a battle against her. Yet, he is depicted to be no match for his prime-self.

carthage
He's so strong he kicks his own ass.

I didn't know he had Bane level lightning though. If you have scans or quotes you should post them.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
He's so strong he kicks his own ass.

I didn't know he had Bane level lightning though. If you have scans or quotes you should post them.
Some scans:-

http://i42.tinypic.com/71ky2o.jpg

On the top right, you can see (young) Thanaton unleashing a powerful burst of lightning with which he destroys a structure made of metal and hard stuff. Exal Kressh was hiding behind this structure at this point. Keep in mind that this is Thanaton 40 years before his prime.

---

Thanaton (young) tolerated powerful bursts of lightning from Exal Kressh; the latter Sith Lord (Exal Kressh) was so proficient in the use of lightning that she destroyed an entire room with this power inside a Space Station at one point during her battle against the former and overwhelmed former's lightsaber-augmented defenses by disintegrating his lightsaber with sheer intensity of a single burst of lightning at another point during this same battle.

It is very difficult to overwhelm lightsaber-augmented defenses of a powerful Force-user with Sith lightning. Exal Kressh's great proficiency in lightning allowed her to pull this off against a powerful enemy.

---

Here is Thanaton (Prime) casting his lightning on his younger-self:

http://i61.tinypic.com/zx8k78.png

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Q99

When has Corran ever absorbed lightning? Even Luke had to train to learn the technique, so I see no reason to assume Corran would just naturally be able to do it. The Halcyon bloodline does possess a remarkable skill with the absorption ability, but it still needs to be honed before it can be used in this manner, like any other Force power.

As far as sabers go, if Horn is paired up with Fisto, then they could press Ulic and possibly beat him, but I don't see the same result happening with Horn and Secura. Secura's good, make no mistake, but Fisto's better.

My opinion, of course.

P.S. Now, if we're talking Nejaa Halcyon, then that's another story.

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Thanaton (Prime) reduced his younger-self to ash with a casual burst of lightning, in a vision.

He wasn't reduced to ash, he was just burnt.

carthage
Great feats for Thanaton, I remember he also killed some massive horned beast and moved his saber fast enough to form a shield.

Ulic and Thanaton take this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.