Fastest non speedsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Characters who's powers should/do grant them speed faster than the fastest human (23-25 mph), but not for a sprint (or dodging bullets), for an actual sustained period of time and distance.

Spider-man comes to mind. Proportionate speed of a spider.
His old foe the Rhino can move pretty fast.
Who else has greater than human speed?

DarkSaint85
Wolverine
Gambit
Captain America
Deadpool
Omega Red
Sabre tooth

There are quite a few

riv6672
I've seen it argued that while Wolverine can run forever and a day, being weighed down by all the adamantium wouldnt let him run excessively fast.
Obviously you dont think that.
Surprised to see DP listed.

riv6672
As always, thanks for the post, and, DC non speedsters are definitely listable, BTW...

Stoic
The stronger the characters are in terms of shoulder, glutes (buttocks), and leg strength dictates that they would move faster.

This being said

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Thanos, Wonder Woman, Mongul, Aquaman, Namor, and a number of others capable of lifting far above their body weight would/should possess super speed.

riv6672
Ghah, i just had a mental image of an angry Hulk literally chasing someone...eek!

Supermutant
Going by powerset, Toad should have some degree of superspeed but I have yet to see him use it. He has superhuman leg strength and endurance, coordination,balance, and agility.

Also Blade, Werewolf by Night, a lot of supernatural creatures have superhuman speed, reflexes, and endurance.

riv6672
Good one. Thats more what i was thinking.
I cant argue super strong characters having the capacity for extra speed, but i have a hard time seeing most of them moving at length.
Of Stoic's examples for...uh, example, WW, Namor and Arthur are easy for me to imagine going long distances.

LeonBuco666
Hulk can run at Mach speeds? Like sonic booms n shit

maxivitopowe
Beast?

riv6672
Ha, thats actually a great choice, considering he'd most likely knuckle run!

LeonBuco666
Im gonna say Hulk, considering his size & because not many people think of "fast" when they think of Hulk, when he actually is.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Stoic
Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Thanos, Wonder Woman, Mongul, Aquaman, Namor, and a number of others capable of lifting far above their body weight would/should possess super speed. Wonder Woman does posses super-speed. As does Aquaman, on a smaller level.

But yes, that's not how comics work.

DarkSaint85
Juggernaut should have zero air resistance....

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
Good one. Thats more what i was thinking.
I cant argue super strong characters having the capacity for extra speed, but i have a hard time seeing most of them moving at length.
Of Stoic's examples for...uh, example, WW, Namor and Arthur are easy for me to imagine going long distances.

Yeah, like Phil said, usually characters don't have greater than human speed simply because they're superhumanly strong. In regards to just pure muscle strength. Superman's speed has before been at least partially explained by his muscles, but I believe his nervous system an metabolism being charged have also been in there(not positive though). Some superhumanly strong characters can jump long distances at fast speeds, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Triathlon would count. Deathstroke(at least Pre-FLASHPOINT) should have a degree of superhuman speed since he's supposed to be multiple times peak human(although it was attributed to agility, he did a flip through an industrial fan, avoiding the blades). Pre-FLASHPOINT Dakseid occasionally showed at least enhanced speed(the way he moved under Byrne early Post-CRISIS made Superman surprised by his speed, and DS allegedly has a nanosecond reaction time feat). Lobo also got similar reactions Pre-DOS from Superman, but I dunno if there's anything else. Orion has had numerous showings where he looks fairly similar to Spider-Man in avoiding multiple attacks, and he does have some more defined showings under Simonson(like when barely conscious and aware and going on instinct, attacking a patrol on Apokolips too fast for them to see, and another instance where he casually caught a bullet shot at him from behind then threw it back into the gun before the guy could react, IIRC).

I'm not entirely sure though what you mean by "non-speedsters." You mean just characters who don't have super speed as their only/primary power, or are you including characters with super speed similar to Flash as a clear power but don't rely on it, like Superman? If you're including Superman as an example, then I would take Spider-Man out as, while a lot slower, his speed s defined in a similar manner.

carver9
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Im gonna say Hulk, considering his size & because not many people think of "fast" when they think of Hulk, when he actually is.

Hulk does possess Super speed.

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
I'm not entirely sure though what you mean by "non-speedsters." You mean just characters who don't have super speed as their only/primary power, or are you including characters with super speed similar to Flash as a clear power but don't rely on it, like Superman?
You're way overthinking this. laughing out loud
I was pretty clear in the OP, and everyone seems to have gotten it.

-K-M-
Won't be the fastest feats but I'll add them

Sasquatch
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/AlphaFlight11-19.jpg

500m/12 hrs
=41.66 mph

Puck
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/puck_zpsd3ffa38d.png

Karate Kid has to be up there near the top

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk does possess Super speed.

Yes, I know......I said that.....what how fast can he move, Its mach speeds I know that much.

cdtm
Karate Kid. smile

He can keep up with speedsters as fast as the Tornado Twins, who left even Superboy in the dust, but you'll never see him sprinting around or doing speedster tricks.

carver9
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Yes, I know......I said that.....what how fast can he move, Its mach speeds I know that much.

Yes. During WWH he was creating sonic booms during the end of his fight with Ghost Rider.

-K-M-
Yes. During WWH he was creating sonic booms during the end of his fight with Ghost Rider.

Where? If your talking about Ghost Rider v6 013 there was no sonic booms due to Hulk moving so fast.

If your talking about the scene where he tricked Ghost Rider and he was looking around and hear booms that was Hulk breaking out from the ground and getting on the skyscraper all of which happened off-panel. Those were not sonic booms due to speed.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by -K-M-
Where? If your talking about Ghost Rider v6 013 there was no sonic booms due to Hulk moving so fast.

If your talking about the scene where he tricked Ghost Rider and he was looking around and hear booms that was Hulk breaking out from the ground and getting on the skyscraper all of which happened off-panel. Those were not sonic booms due to speed. that was awesome. (Clap, Clap, Clap)

Estacado

If your talking about the scene where he tricked Ghost Rider and he was looking around and hear booms that was Hulk breaking out from the ground and getting on the skyscraper all of which happened off-panel. Those were not sonic booms due to speed.
You should know carter by now.

carver9
So Ghost looking in the sky hearing sonic booms means Hulk was breaking down things on the ground. Makes sense.

-K-M-
So Ghost looking in the sky hearing sonic booms means Hulk was breaking down things on the ground. Makes sense.

Clearly you need to reread the issue (shocking), he looked right, left, then down and then up in that order. When he looked up he saw him on the top of the building. He was under ground and didn't know where he was.

Guess Ghost Rider broke the sound barrier too eh? when he landed on the ground it went boom too.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/ghost_zpsa839a6d9.png

Boom is a common sound effect for explosions, hits, etc...does not mean the sound barrier was broke.....especially 4 times in a few seconds. roll eyes (sarcastic) Never seen anyone struggle with basic concepts in comics so much before

Guess Kiss can break the sound barrier too (pun intended)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kvv3fcoXqVE/TTVE2UrZfpI/AAAAAAAAHwo/cbPi8eFg148/s640/kiss+comic+boom.jpg

....Riddler too?
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMG_00222.jpg

Delta1938
roll eyes (sarcastic) Never seen anyone struggle with basic concepts in comics so much before

Carter is the same guy who said he was going to do poorly in a game that requires intelligence.

riv6672
This was informative for me.
Good scans, too!

SamZED
Originally posted by riv6672
I've seen it argued that while Wolverine can run forever and a day, being weighed down by all the adamantium wouldnt let him run excessively fast.
Obviously you dont think that.
Surprised to see DP listed. DP has caught up to a speeding passenger plane that was about to take off. That's easily a 100+ MPH running feat.

Galan007
hulk, definitely. thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by SamZED
DP has caught up to a speeding passenger plane that was about to take off. That's easily a 100+ MPH running feat.
Really?
Thats pretty cool!

Galan007
^ i *think* this is the deadpool feat he's referring to:
http://i.imgur.com/oxGfqQX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Rp9jTWt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nkM2cGB.jpg

Bentley
Originally posted by Delta1938
Carter is the same guy who said he was going to do poorly in a game that requires intelligence. Originally posted by riv6672
This was informative for me.

Stop trolling Carver Riv ahah

biscuits

riv6672
I meant the posts in general, but okay.

Controversy! evil face

-K-M-
Wendigo catches a CF-18 (I think) in mid-flight

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AmazingX-Men2013-009-008_zpse9fdccda.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AmazingX-Men2013-009-009_zps6f03e0b7.jpg

Again Karate Kid wins this thread I imagine

Decimus
I like a bunch of Midnighter's showings he should be around if not the top of non speedsters that has absolutely ridiculous feats even with his physical limitations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.