Bane vs. Ceasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Bane vs. Ceasar (Dawn of the planet of the apes).

H2H fight, battle takes place in a children's playground.

Kazenji
Haven't seen the new apes movie, Has Ceaser gotten since Dawn?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
Haven't seen the new apes movie, Has Ceaser gotten since Dawn? Caeser's one hell of a fighter. He was the alpha because they admired his strength. He seemed impressive in that movie, and could take some damage, not to mention put it out. The apes in that movie were all above humans pretty comfortably. They seemed to be one-shotting them left and right, and were around the same size (if not a few inches shorter). I could see Caeser winning here.

KingD19
Chimps are like 2-3x humans in real life. And these seem further enhanced. Caesar should be above Bane comfortably.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
Chimps are like 2-3x humans in real life. And these seem further enhanced. Caesar should be above Bane comfortably.

Bane is much stronger than 2-3x human male average.

When Caesar attacked that guy in the first movie, he beat him down, but he wasn't even knocked out. Bane would have floored him with one punch, and he'd have probably had to go to the hospital.

I haven't seen the second movie, but using feats from just the first one? Bane knocks Caesar out.

steverules_2
Yeah I'd give it to Bane

BruceSkywalker
can someone post clips of Ceasar fighting because not sure i will see the new film

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro

When Caesar attacked that guy in the first movie, he beat him down, but he wasn't even knocked out. Bane would have floored him with one punch, and he'd have probably had to go to the hospital.

I haven't seen the second movie, but using feats from just the first one? Bane knocks Caesar out.

Yup. That's why I specified it's Ceasar from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, because his version from Rise didn't really have that impressive fight feats.

FrothByte
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
can someone post clips of Ceasar fighting because not sure i will see the new film

Considering that the movie just came out, it will be hard to find clips online. You should watch it though, it's a very good movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Considering that the movie just came out, it will be hard to find clips online. You should watch it though, it's a very good movie.

any torrents i can use embarrasment big grin

Robtard
Haven't seen DotPotA yet so can't comment on the fight. Caesar is smarter than Bane though going from RotPotA and chimps have notoriously strong skulls, so it's not looking good for Bane, imo.

Chimps are also above 2-3x strength compared to humans. Chimps are designed biologically for maximum muscle output; estimates usually run around x4 average; some as high as x8 with some showings/testing; those being outliers or outright BS.

Arachnid1

I haven't seen the second movie, but using feats from just the first one? Bane knocks Caesar out. Watch the new movie. Caesar has really stepped it up in the 10 years that passed.

jinXed by JaNx
Bane would get destroyed. The only way Bane would be able to beat Ceasar is if he were able to get him into a submission hold. When Ceasar fights he uses is arms to launch his entire body weight into his enemies. For as strong as Bane is, a four hundred pound, Ape throwing itself at him is going to knock him over. Fighting skill means dick when one is fighting a wild animal. Without a weapon of anykind, Bane loses quickly

KingD19
Also Caesar is smart enough to go for the mask, even though it's completely unnecessary.

NemeBro
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Bane would get destroyed. The only way Bane would be able to beat Ceasar is if he were able to get him into a submission hold. When Ceasar fights he uses is arms to launch his entire body weight into his enemies. For as strong as Bane is, a four hundred pound, Ape throwing itself at him is going to knock him over. Fighting skill means dick when one is fighting a wild animal. Without a weapon of anykind, Bane loses quickly I seriously doubt Caesar is four hundred pounds. That would make him heavier than any chimpanzee that has ever lived that I've heard of. Unless Will is extremely strong (Being that he could lift him), there's no way Caesar is that ****ing heavy dude.

Robtard
IMO he might be thinking of one of the guerrilla gorillas.

Though the chimps in the movie look extremely tall/large for chimps:

http://images.techtimes.com/data/images/full/10229/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-clip.png

Arachnid1
That would be a bit on the low end. A normal gorilla weighs around 600 lbs. A normal chimp weighs around 100 lbs. Despite low weight and size, they are stupid strong.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2009/02/how_strong_is_a_chimpanzee.html

Imagine that scaled up to a chimp the size of Caesar. The chimps in that movie were about the same size as humans, except stalkier. I'm assuming that's muscle mass. If a female chimp in real life can pull around 1300 lbs, I cant imagine the power these chimps have. It's no wonder they were oneshotting and beating humans to death left and right. I give this fight comfortably to Caesar.

NemeBro
The 1,300 value is debunked in the very article you posted, lol.

Arachnid1
Your right, it is. I was mostly scanning around for numbers. I should have read through. For what its worth, it does still state that chimps are stronger than humans though, due to muscle structure. "A chimpanzee had, pound for pound, as much as twice the strength of a human when it came to pulling weights." Twice as strong isn't bad, but I'll try to find some actual numbers.

Time Immemorial
Bane gets stomped out hard.

Inhuman

I don't remember this being stated in the movie. Where are you getting this from?
Especially in the Nolan movieverse where he goes out of his way to hide any thing "super" and keep everything grounded in reality.

Movie bane is a strong human. That's it. He is not above human in any way.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Inhuman
I don't remember this being stated in the movie. Where are you getting this from?
Especially in the Nolan movieverse where he goes out of his way to hide any thing "super" and keep everything grounded in reality.

Movie bane is a strong human. That's it. He is not above human in any way. Oh, I don't know, maybe I was tipped off by him picking up a two hundred pound man in body armour by the neck and walking with him, or maybe by him punching through concrete.

A chimp being on average 2-3 times stronger than the average guy doesn't make them nearly as strong as the world's strongest men.

Inhuman
Oh, I don't know, maybe I was tipped off by him picking up a two hundred pound man in body armour by the neck and walking with him, or maybe by him punching through concrete.

A chimp being on average 2-3 times stronger than the average guy doesn't make them nearly as strong as the world's strongest men.

I can post tons of videos of normal humans that have studied martial arts breaking concrete blocks. No super strength needed.
Picking up 200+ pounds you say. Again nothing a very strong human couldn't replicate. Watch WWE.

Movie bane was a very strong human. That's it.

Time Immemorial
I can post tons of videos of normal humans that have studied martial arts breaking concrete blocks. No super strength needed.
Picking up 200+ pounds you say. Again nothing a very strong human couldn't replicate. Watch WWE.

Bane was a chump compared to this freak.

YjakBg7mLJw

Robtard
LoL, no.

If that pillar in DK was intended to be portrayed as concrete and not the crappy thin plaster that it came off as, punching into a concrete pillar is WAY more impressive than punching through those thin concrete slabs that are not supported at the center.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, no.

If that pillar in DK was intended to be portrayed as concrete and not the crappy thin plaster that it came off as, punching into a concrete pillar is WAY more impressive than punching through those thin concrete slabs that are not supported at the center.

Above was a joke but ur just jealoussmile

Newjak

Movie bane was a very strong human. That's it. Bane picked up a 200 something pound man wearing full body armor with ease.

That is something that a normal human can't do, at least not with the ease Bane did.

Edit Also I haven't seen the new Apes movie but it sounds like Caesar should win this pretty handily.

NemeBro

Concrete blocks? Those blocks are structually unsound and thin. Bane punched a hole in a thick concrete pillar. That's considerably more impressive.

I can't think of a single WWE superstar that has neck-lifted one of their 200 pound contemporaries with a single hand and walked with them. Mark Henry could probably do it.

But guess what?

Mark Henry is much stronger than the average chimpanzee. So is Bane. Whether or not he is superhuman doesn't matter. If Caesar got some good feats in the second movie that's fine, because he sure as hell isn't winning this fight based on first movie feats or based on simply being a chimpanzee.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Newjak
Bane picked up a 200 something pound man wearing full body armor with ease.

That is something that a normal human can't do, at least not with the ease Bane did.

Edit Also I haven't seen the new Apes movie but it sounds like Caesar should win this pretty handily.

Here is a normal human (Hulk Hogan) picking up andre the giant (520+ pounds) with relative ease. (he has to show struggle for showmanship purposes smile )

2H_RbnnX-II

kane and undertaker have picked (choke slammed) 300 to 400 pound people no problem.

here is a vid of 2 people picking up Yokozuna (650 pounds).

A3i-Td1VCMw

Also the strong man competitions that have big guys lifting cars, boulders, tree trunks , etc shit on the WWE feats.
picking up a 200+ pounds while impressive, is not something a very strong human can accomplish.

about the concrete pillar. I can play this game too. "How old was that pillar"? , "How can we see how strong it was"?, "maybe it was falling apart", "what material was it?" , "was it really reinforced concrete?" etc etc.

people have punched through concrete even bended iron boards with punches or their head as well.

So again i dont think Bane had ANY super strength. He is a VERY strong human though. Especially a Bane portrayed in a Nolan movie. Nolan make his trilogy grounded on reality. If you read his old interviews he said something along the lines of "The super hero elements are an obstacle he must overcome so he could make the audience forget they are watching a super hero movie"
So i dont see why people overrate nolan bane so much.

Robtard
Um, you can see those wrestlers pushing off and assisting the lift. It's a fake sport.

Inhuman
Um, you can see those wrestlers pushing off and assisting the lift. It's a fake sport.

I guess strong man competitions that shit on the wrestlers feats and banes feats as well are fake too right?

Lek Kuen
Any humans that can lift cars are stronger then chimps though.

NemeBro
Here is a normal human (Hulk Hogan) picking up andre the giant (520+ pounds) with relative ease. (he has to show struggle for showmanship purposes smile )

2H_RbnnX-II

kane and undertaker have picked (choke slammed) 300 to 400 pound people no problem.

Not as impressive as Bane's feet of lifting over two hundred pounds with an outstretched arm and walking with him. Sustained strength they can't match.

Read above.

They're also stronger than chimpanzees, by and large.

Occam's razor. Look it up.

Super strength? Maybe not. Strength that would make the average chimpanzee blush? Definitely.

jinXed by JaNx
I seriously doubt Caesar is four hundred pounds. That would make him heavier than any chimpanzee that has ever lived that I've heard of. Unless Will is extremely strong (Being that he could lift him), there's no way Caesar is that ****ing heavy dude.

laughing out loud

Yeah, Robtard was right, i was placing Ceasar in the Gorilla class.I still think Ceasar wins with his agility and unpredictability

Robtard
I guess strong man competitions that shit on the wrestlers feats and banes feats as well are fake too right?

You didn't post those, you posted fake wrestling.

Inhuman
You didn't post those, you posted fake wrestling.

look them up. not hard to find

Placidity
look them up. not hard to find

Then why didn't you just post those instead of fakes?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Placidity
Then why didn't you just post those instead of fakes?

Lol some people getting a little too upset over movie bane getting exposed.

Newjak
I guess strong man competitions that shit on the wrestlers feats and banes feats as well are fake too right? You mean the strongmen competition that has hallowed vehicles and dragging other things on wheels. Not trying to take anything away from those guys. They are incredibly strong but if you want to show real world strength look at concrete numbers. Look at the highest overhead press weight. Which is something like 450 to 500 pounds.

Think about the fact this is a human being exerting their max abilities for one rep and then realize Bane casually and easily picked up a man probably weighing somewhere around 275 with all the armor over his head and held him there like a baby.

Also think about the fact he also causally picked up said man with one hand and walked around with him.

I think the best strongman in the world could do Bane's first feat but not with the same ease, I doubt any of them would be able to do the second one.

Inhuman
I dont even have to post extremes.
here are 2 women picking up men over their heads. The black and white one even sustains the weight of the man with one hand.

nCepQQdloWw I0exg6ei3Lw

i dont even have to post super extremes like to prove bane is in the same ball park as strong humans.
but here is one that poped up in my random search. Like i said there are lots of similar feats by normal humans.
CqX5Kj2E4n8

I can post videos of people breaking concrete or bending iron with their punches too. Even if i cant find one of someone punching the an EXACT concrete column like the bane did its not hard to see that he is in the same category as very strong humans. Unless you want to overrate movie bane to more than he really was .

Inhuman
You mean the strongmen competition that has hallowed vehicles and dragging other things on wheels. Not trying to take anything away from those guys. They are incredibly strong but if you want to show real world strength look at concrete numbers. Look at the highest overhead press weight. Which is something like 450 to 500 pounds.

Think about the fact this is a human being exerting their max abilities for one rep and then realize Bane casually and easily picked up a man probably weighing somewhere around 275 with all the armor over his head and held him there like a baby.

Also think about the fact he also causally picked up said man with one hand and walked around with him.

I think the best strongman in the world could do Bane's first feat but not with the same ease, I doubt any of them would be able to do the second one.

Again i can post feats all day by normal humans that are similar to what bane did. They may not be EXACT but they are in the same ball park.
With that , all im saying is that he is in the same level as VERY strong humans.
What exactly are you arguing here? That movie bane had super strength by what he displayed in the dark knight movie? That he is well above any super strong human?
If thats the case. what level of superhuman strength do you think movie bane has? Captain America tier? Above Cap?

Newjak
Again i can post feats all day by normal humans that are similar to what bane did. They may not be EXACT but they are in the same ball park.
With that , all im saying is that he is in the same level as VERY strong humans.
What exactly are you arguing here? That movie bane had super strength by what he displayed in the dark knight movie? That he is well above any super strong human?
If thats the case. what level of superhuman strength do you think movie bane has? Captain America tier? Above Cap? Go ahead and post the feats(Please don't post fake wrestlers).

Once again there are key differences with what Bane did vs what even VERY strong humans can. Namely the ease with which Bane did them. Yes humans can lift more then what Bane was shown lifting I won't argue that. How Bane did them though a normal human being would struggle with duplicating those feats even world class strongmen.

And the straight overpowering ability to pick up a fully armored 220 pound man with one arm and walk around with him like they were a child is not something I would expect a normal human could do.

So do I think Bane has super strength? Yes I do but only just barely and definitely not close to Cap.

Inhuman
Go ahead and post the feats(Please don't post fake wrestlers).

Once again there are key differences with what Bane did vs what even VERY strong humans can. Namely the ease with which Bane did them. Yes humans can lift more then what Bane was shown lifting I won't argue that. How Bane did them though a normal human being would struggle with duplicating those feats even world class strongmen.

And the straight overpowering ability to pick up a fully armored 220 pound man with one arm and walk around with him like they were a child is not something I would expect a normal human could do.

So do I think Bane has super strength? Yes I do but only just barely and definitely not close to Cap.

fair enough.

From what i saw in the movie IMO, movie bane doesn't poses super strength. He is in fact a VERY strong human.

lets just agree to disagree.

FrothByte
Just want to point out that we don't really know how heavy Batman's armor is. A knight's full plate armor would weigh in at around 45-60 lbs ... and considering the way Batman moves I doubt that his kevlar armor weighs anywhere near that (even though modern day body armor and gear could weigh even in excess of that).

Arachnid1
Just want to point out that we don't really know how heavy Batman's armor is. A knight's full plate armor would weigh in at around 45-60 lbs ... and considering the way Batman moves I doubt that his kevlar armor weighs anywhere near that (even though modern day body armor and gear could weigh even in excess of that). The one in Begins was supposed to be heavier. This one was a much more lightweight and lightly armor version that big dogs could tear through. I'd give it 30 lbs max. Bale himself trained to 190lbs for that movie, so Batman had to weigh around 210-220.

Firefly218
Bane is much more skilled than Caesar. If Caesar gets a couple well placed shots in, he could win a couple. But majority goes to Bane, who is equally strong and more skilled. Bane is sort of superhuman too, btw.

Placidity
So far only strength has been discussed.

Assuming their strength levels are not too far apart, skill, speed and durability must be discussed.

My initial take:

Strength: Assume equal until proven
Skill: Bane - But can he apply it to such an unorthodox fight?
Speed: Assuming Chimp
Durability: Assuming Chimp

NemeBro
The notion that Caesar is more durable than someone who can take a punch in the face from Batman without even flinching is laughable.

What strength feats does Caesar have?

Raisen
what if caesar hurls poo with his super strong chimp arm? that's a range attack that gives caesar an advantage.

Lestov16
laughing out loud

Raisen
Originally posted by Lestov16
laughing out loud

a pound of poo hurled by an arm capable of ripping someones face off? it's a viable question bro; even if i'm being facetious lol.

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
any torrents i can use embarrasment big grin

THEIF!!! uhuh

Firefly218
Originally posted by steverules_2
THEIF!!! uhuh
SHHHHH!!!!

FrothByte
The notion that Caesar is more durable than someone who can take a punch in the face from Batman without even flinching is laughable.

What strength feats does Caesar have?

Durability feats: falling without injury from heights that would normally leave a human with broken bones

And though not Ceasar's feats, these are some of the feats of the other chimps in the movie:

breaking shackles and chains
launching humans in the air with a single punch

quanchi112
Caesar dominates the man with the relationship similar to robs domestic situation.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Caesar dominates the man with the relationship similar to robs domestic situation.

You forgot the apostrophe, pee-play-boi.

quanchi112
You forgot the apostrophe, pee-play-boi. You don't contest to it being similar and want to talk about grammar. All too telling.

Caesar wins.

Robtard
You don't contest to it being similar and want to talk about grammar. All too telling.

Caesar wins.

I'm glad you care enough to listen to whatever I tell you and have now started using the apostrophe. #robtardwinsagain

quanchi112
I'm glad you care enough to listen to whatever I tell you and have now started using the apostrophe. #robtardwinsagain If you honestly believe I listen to you you're dumber than I thought.

Caesar wins. This isn't about you, roberta. Stick to the topic.

Robtard
Maybe stop making everything about me then, obsessedboi.

quanchi112
Maybe stop making everything about me then, obsessedboi. Caesar crushing Bane has nothing to do with you, egomaniac.

Werewolf582
Bane

quanchi112
Originally posted by Werewolf582
Bane Based on what ?

Werewolf582
Based on what ? Stronger and more skilled.

quanchi112
Stronger and more skilled. How is he stronger ?

He isn't quicker or more athletic either. Bane got hit all the time. Caesar also exploits weaknesses as in his mask.

Werewolf582
How is he stronger ?

He isn't quicker or more athletic either. Bane got hit all the time. Caesar also exploits weaknesses as in his mask.

Batman knocked joker through a brick wall. Bane easily overpowered him. Batman also wears armor and was still getting hurt.

Never said he was quicker.

quanchi112
Batman knocked joker through a brick wall. Bane easily overpowered him. Batman also wears armor and was still getting hurt.

Never said he was quicker. Ra's also hurt him and got the better of batman in his armor temporarily..

Batman was hurt by unskilled thugs and had huge bruising all over his body.

Caesar would have a field day with Bane. Apes are a lot stronger than humans.

FrothByte
The chimps in Dawn were strong enough to break manacles and chains. Just saying...

Werewolf582
Ra's also hurt him and got the better of batman in his armor temporarily..

Batman was hurt by unskilled thugs and had huge bruising all over his body.

Caesar would have a field day with Bane. Apes are a lot stronger than humans.

Point?

And bane did better than all those thugs.

So is bane.

quanchi112
Point?

And bane did better than all those thugs.

So is bane. If unskilled thugs can badly bruise his body then it isn't that impressive.

Not to the point of Caesar strength.

quanchi112
The chimps in Dawn were strong enough to break manacles and chains. Just saying... thumb up

Werewolf582
The chimps in Dawn were strong enough to break manacles and chains. Just saying... Bane easily overpowered a guy who can crush cars by landing on them unharmed and can knock people through brick walls.

Werewolf582
If unskilled thugs can badly bruise his body then it isn't that impressive.

Not to the point of Caesar strength.

Chimps are about 2x stronger than the average human. Bane is above that.

quanchi112
Bane easily overpowered a guy who can crush cars by landing on them unharmed and can knock people through brick walls. Bane also got his ass kicked in the second fight. He has a huge exploitable weakness on his face. Batman was also far from his prime when they fought.

smile

NemeBro
Batman is actually stronger than any man alive.

He curled Liam Neeson, an over two hundred pound man, with one arm from over a cliff.

The Thomas Inch dumbell weighs 178 pounds and is hard as **** to handle. To date, only Mark Henry has lifted it with one hand.

Bane is stronger, and similarly lifts the over two hundred pound Batman with an outstretched hand and walks with him.

Idk how strong Caesar is though.

Werewolf582
Bane also got his ass kicked in the second fight. He has a huge exploitable weakness on his face. Batman was also far from his prime when they fought.

smile 2nd fight was a trained batman. Batman is more skilled then the apes. Caesar doesn't know anything about banes weakness.

FrothByte
Bane easily overpowered a guy who can crush cars by landing on them unharmed and can knock people through brick walls.

Uh, crushing cars by landing on them is not a strength feat. Heck I can easily dent a car's roof by just jumping up and down.

Bane overpowered an old and out of shape Batman. Still impressive but not exactly an incredible feat of strength.

quanchi112
Batman is actually stronger than any man alive.

He curled Liam Neeson, an over two hundred pound man, with one arm from over a cliff.

The Thomas Inch dumbell weighs 178 pounds and is hard as **** to handle. To date, only Mark Henry has lifted it with one hand.

Bane is stronger, and similarly lifts the over two hundred pound Batman with an outstretched hand and walks with him.

Idk how strong Caesar is though. Caesar is definitively stronger but you already admitted your ignorance. You are dismissed, fanboy.

Werewolf582
Uh, crushing cars by landing on them is not a strength feat. Heck I can easily dent a car's roof by just jumping up and down.

Bane overpowered an old and out of shape Batman. Still impressive but not exactly an incredible feat of strength. batman knocked joker through a brick wall and bane easily overpowered him. Batman also has armored fist and they weren't even affecting bane.

NemeBro
Caesar is definitively stronger Prove it pissboy, lol.

Werewolf582
Caesar is definitively stronger but you already admitted your ignorance. You are dismissed, fanboy. Clearly you have no argument. You concede. Also calling me a fanboy when your the most bias person here. Just shows how ignorant you are.

FrothByte
batman knocked joker through a brick wall and bane easily overpowered him. Batman also has armored fist and they weren't even affecting bane.

Batman was in his prime when he fought Joker, which was different from the Batman that Bane fought. And we can break through a brick wall as well, if we're both around 200 lbs and we smash into it hard enough.

Batman has kevlar gauntlets, not steel gauntlets IIRC. Bane not feeling the effects of a kevlar glove is a pain resistance and durability feat, not a strength feat.

Werewolf582
Batman was in his prime when he fought Joker, which was different from the Batman that Bane fought. And we can break through a brick wall as well, if we're both around 200 lbs and we smash into it hard enough.

Batman has kevlar gauntlets, not steel gauntlets IIRC. Bane not feeling the effects of a kevlar glove is a pain resistance and durability feat, not a strength feat. Yeah but someone extremely strong would have to do it.

Well Na Shit. That was what I was saying. Please keep up. I was pointing at a durability feat and you somehow take it for a strength feat.

FrothByte
Yeah but someone extremely strong would have to do it.

Well Na Shit. That was what I was saying. Please keep up. I was pointing at a durability feat and you somehow take it for a strength feat.

You replied to me when we were specifically discussing strength feats. I don't recall you mentioning it as a durability feat.

In any case, I'm not saying Bane isn't strong, just that I don't see him as stronger than the DotpotA chimps. Watch the movie, you'll know what I'm saying.

Bane's key to victory here would be his skill, not his strength.

NemeBro
Sure would be nice to see some ****ing feats in this thread.

Werewolf582
You replied to me when we were specifically discussing strength feats. I don't recall you mentioning it as a durability feat.

In any case, I'm not saying Bane isn't strong, just that I don't see him as stronger than the DotpotA chimps. Watch the movie, you'll know what I'm saying.

Bane's key to victory here would be his skill, not his strength.

Its common sense, getting punched in the face is a durability feat. I thought it was pretty simple. Apparently not.

Those chimps are 2x stronger than the average human. Bane is above that.

Bane does have more skill. I agree with that.

KingD19
It might have been pointed out, but woudn't the apes/chimps massive increase in size make for proportionally greater strength/durability as well?

Robtard

Caesar bit off another chimp's finger, you.

FrothByte

We posted some already. But hey, all you really need to do is watch the movie.

FrothByte
Its common sense, getting punched in the face is a durability feat. I thought it was pretty simple. Apparently not.

Bane does have more skill. I agree with that.

Yes it's common sense that it's a durability feat. Which is why I found it kinda silly that you were using it as an example when we were talking about strength feats. I pointed out that it's a durability feat, and now you're back pedaling and all defensive.

Normal chimps are about 3x stronger than the average human, considering that the normal chimp is around 100 lbs and the normal human around 200 lbs. The chimps in the movie were clearly not normal chimps.

Have you even watched the movie?

Werewolf582
Yes it's common sense that it's a durability feat. Which is why I found it kinda silly that you were using it as an example when we were talking about strength feats. I pointed out that it's a durability feat, and now you're back pedaling and all defensive.

Normal chimps are about 3x stronger than the average human, considering that the normal chimp is around 100 lbs and the normal human around 200 lbs. The chimps in the movie were clearly not normal chimps.

Have you even watched the movie?

I showedthat Caesar will have a difficult time hurting bane. Its like I'm not allowed to change feats because you don't want to.

Flase, the average male chimp is 150 pounds. Chimps are also only 2x the average human in strength. Normal chimps are not we go by feats not what they look like.

Yes. Which is why I'm debating Bane.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Didn't Caesar easily rip the door off an ambulance or whatever in the first movie near the end?

That last fight with Kobo in the second movie was pretty impressive from what I remember. I don't know much about apes but no way were they normal.

Robtard
The orangutan threw a manhole (calm down) cover like a frisbee and the gorilla casually ripped out and threw a parking meter.

Can't remember who ripped open the van doors to free the captured apes. Might have been one of the chimps.

KingD19
Also I'm pretty sure one of them(Gorilla I think), stopped a horse in full charge.

NemeBro
I'm seeing a whole bunch of feats for apes that aren't Caesar.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Quan... who's stronger Ceasar or Khan

Robtard
I'm seeing a whole bunch of feats for apes that aren't Caesar.

Finger biting feat is all Caesar, brah.

Inhuman

I strongly disagree.
I already touched upon this. But anyhow accepting your statement about movie Bane is accepting that he is in the same tier As movie Captain America or close to it.
Movie bane is not peers with Cap. Its not even close. I would put bane MAYBE in the same level as movie Wolverine and still probably put wolverine over bane. The way wolverine has tosses around people is more impressive than a slow lift IMO.

KingD19
Bane's not on Logan's level. In Wolverine he's flipping people through the air with claw swipes, jumping dozens of feet, and blocking hits from a 12 foot tall robot.

Even in Origins he has a few superhuman feats putting him far above Bane.

Werewolf582
Wolverine would be king of the apes.

Inhuman
Originally posted by KingD19
Bane's not on Logan's level. In Wolverine he's flipping people through the air with claw swipes, jumping dozens of feet, and blocking hits from a 12 foot tall robot.

Even in Origins he has a few superhuman feats putting him far above Bane.

Thats what im saying. Its even a stretch to put him on Wolverines level. I was being generous to those that think movie bane had way above regular strongman human feats.

Robtard
Wolverine would be king of the apes.

And the wolverines too.

KingD19
And the wolverines too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9106f69b7ffd59a975ee66f64dbeb564/tumblr_mimobdInwl1s6qn2po1_500.gif

FrothByte
I showedthat Caesar will have a difficult time hurting bane. Its like I'm not allowed to change feats because you don't want to.

Flase, the average male chimp is 150 pounds. Chimps are also only 2x the average human in strength. Normal chimps are not we go by feats not what they look like.

Yes. Which is why I'm debating Bane.

Oh you're perfectly allowed to mention any feats you want. Just don't go bitchin about it when people get confused why you're posting durability feats while you're trying to prove strength feats.

150 lbs is the max a chimp can weigh, it's definitely not the average. Average is still somewhere around the 100 lbs mark.

Yes we go by feats, and normal chimps can't break chains like the movie apes did. You'll also need more than 2x human strength to break manacles or jump like those apes jumped.

NemeBro
I strongly disagree.
I already touched upon this.
If you think Bane isn't over twice as strong as the average person you're an idiot. thumb up

Robtard
It was a chimp that easily ripped off one of the double doors to the animal control van in RotPotA. /mysterysolved

Inhuman
If you think Bane isn't over twice as strong as the average person you're an idiot.

likewise if you think bane is superhuman after all the examples i posted.
You are easily impressed or you just want bane to be something he is not so badly.
What exactly are your examples you are clinging on? 2 scenes? the slow lift and the concrete punch?

you think he is stronger than movie wolverine?

Werewolf582
You are easily impressed or you just want bane to be something he is not so badly.
What exactly are your examples you are clinging on? 2 scenes? the slow lift and the concrete punch?

you think he is stronger than movie wolverine? Wolverine is a shit ton stronger than the apes.

NemeBro

you think he is stronger than movie wolverine?

Show me a human lifting a two hundred pound dumbell with one outstretched arm, lol.

Werewolf582
Show me a human lifting a two hundred pound dumbell with one outstretched arm, lol. guys off world strongest man.

Robtard
guys off world strongest man.

I've seen several strongmen comps; don't recall ever seeing this feat. Have seen it using both arms. Do you have a pic or clip?

NemeBro
guys off world strongest man. Funny, because at most three people have been able to manage a 178 pound one.

Robtard
The one I recall was around 200lbs, but they were allowed to use both arms. Magnus Ver Magnusson won it.

Werewolf582
Funny, because at most three people have been able to manage a 178 pound one. I was 22 pounds off.

Inhuman
here is a woman sustaining the weight of a man with one arm.

I0exg6ei3Lw

here is a guy lifting a dumbell that weighs 274 pounds. more than what Bane supposedly lifted

3ubwYcGmNug

im sure there are more impressive feats by humans. I dont feel like searching in order to convince someone who already made up their mind no matter what the evidence.

Even if you further dispute that what bane did was greater than what i posted. He is still in the same ball park as these strong humans. Lets say he is peak human. The strongest human on earth. Fine so be it. but not super human or 2x times human like some are saying.

Another thing i will mention again: People are forgetting that the Nolan batman movies were directed by NOLAN. if you know his opinion on superhero movies you would know damn well he dislikes them and did his best to make his movies "non super". His batman trilogy was as realistic as he could get away with because of his stance on super hero movies.
That alone should tell you that Bane didn't have super strength because he existed in a nolan movie.

Werewolf582
Chimps are 2x stronger than the average human. Some major lifters are actually stronger than most chimps.

KingD19
I'd say easily ripping the door off of a heavy duty vehicle with ease surpasses what Bane did.

dadudemon
Show me a human lifting a two hundred pound dumbell with one outstretched arm, lol.

You've made this point multiple times in this thread.

I'd like to point out that no human alive could pull this feat off because it would break our ****ing arms.

Our bodies are literally not strong enough to sustain forces like those: even "giants" of men.

This is why power lifters and very strong bodybuilders snap their ****ing biceps trying to hit peak-human levels of feats (such as deadlifts and barbell curls). Our bones, tendons, and ligaments simply cannot handle that much stress.

Just ask Branch Warren who snapped his ****ing bicep doing bicep curls with 275. no expression

http://www.about-muscle.com/images/branch-warren4.jpg

I would note that Branch Warren is known in the professional bodybuilding community as one of the strongest and hardest working athletes. If he wanted to, he could retire from bodybuilding and do strongman competitions with minimal practice (but I think he's torn up his body a bit too much, at this point in his life, to make that switch).

So, yeah, while people are trying to downplay Bane in support of Caesar, real world physics are kind of taking a giant shit on some of the points in this thread.

The door-ripping off feat is, imo, Caesar's best strength feat. IIRC, that is significantly better than any other feat he has so it could be chocked up to just shitty writing because the writers/director didn't really know how much force that would require. Regardless, it's a feat and it counts. I don't know how much force it requires but it is a ridiculous amount: definitely superhuman.

Also, I would note that Bane didn't just break the marble-concrete pillar when punching it. He pulverized the material. That is a much much stronger feat of strength than simply breaking it. It takes far more force to pulverize those materials than it does to just simply over come a stress barrier (basically, just causing it to break/crack).

I've gotta give this to Bane. Comparable strength and durability but Bane is the far-far superior H2H combatant. Brains go to Caesar but not by much.

Edit - This is a good thread. I like seeing people use their brains in these types of discussions. Also, it's nice to see Inhuman in these parts of the board. thumb up

NemeBro
Lol.

You think it's all about weight?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ironhistory8.htm

Here is Mark Henry trying and struggling to lift the Thomas Inch Dumbell, a dumbell known to be notoriously hard to lift in strongman circles. IIRC Mark Henry is the only confirmed man to have lifted it (Thomas Inch himself is rumored to have cheated).

It weighs 172 pounds. Why then is it so hard to lift?

Because of how unusually thick the grip is: 2 3/8 inches in diameter.

Far below the diameter of a human neck, or presumably whatever Bruce grabbed to lift Liam Neeson in Batman Begins (I can't remember how he did it to be honest).

The "2x" number is about the average human, who can't even lift curl a hundred pound dumbell. Much less Liam Neeson's entire bodyweight over a cliff, like the weaker Batman managed.

Bane's strength may or may not be greater than IRL peak human but he's near the top, and certainly stronger than the two in the videos you posted. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
You've made this point multiple times in this thread.

I shouldn't have had to.

thumb up

Inhuman
Also to those saying Bane is so skilled at fighting. What scene exactly showcases his skill? all his fights are slow and methodical like how a typical brawler would fight.

Here is the fight with batman. also shows the lift that fake wrestlers like the undertaker and kane had duplicated , even walking with people before the choke slam. I dont see an outstretched arm.

again not outside the realm of very strong humans.

rDuetklFtDQ

ill ask again. you think movie Bane is stronger than movie wolverine?

dadudemon
The "2x" number is about the average human, who can't even lift curl a hundred pound dumbell. Much less Liam Neeson's entire bodyweight over a cliff, like the weaker Batman managed.

I'm stronger than the average chimp. no expression

I'm not that impressed with "chimp-strength." But Caesar's strength is definitely superior to an average chimp.

Bane's strength may or may not be greater than IRL peak human but he's near the top, and certainly stronger than the two in the videos you posted. thumb up

No, Bane is definitely in the superhuman level. Low-superhuman, like around movie Blade levels of superhuman strength. But it is still superhuman.

NemeBro
Fake wrestlers like Kane and the Undertaker use one hand on the ass or pants of their opponent to carry them.

Bane's left hand was dropped to his side.

Robtard

No, Bane is definitely in the superhuman level. Low-superhuman, like around movie Blade levels of superhuman strength. But it is still superhuman.

Nah, Blade is many tiers above Bane.

Grabbing and holding onto a speeding subway train and only sustaining a dislocated shoulder is just one feat that puts him well above Bane.

NemeBro
I'm stronger than the average chimp. no expression

I'm not that impressed with "chimp-strength." But Caesar's strength is definitely superior to an average chimp.

Believe me, I know exactly where you're coming from, but I didn't say the same about myself cause I'd get "herpderp internet tuff guy" for doing so.

Probably from quan, the frail sissy.

Honestly?

I think so too, but when I wrote that I knew I'd be dismissed outright if I said so, and sheepishly backed down like a coward.

Bane is superhuman in strength and endurance though, yeah. thumb up

Edit: Well, maybe not Blade strength. I forget exactly how strong he is but didn't he fight Nomak who tore a vault door or something?

dadudemon
Nah, Blade is many tiers above Bane.

I don't believe so.

Grabbing and holding onto a speeding subway train and only sustaining a dislocated shoulder is just one feat that puts him well about Bane.

No, it would have ripped off his arm, completely.

I talked to Jaden about that feat. It is so far above and beyond everything else he show-cases in strength that I think it should be discarded.

Inhuman

Movie blade, wolverine and others that have displayed low level super human strength in films would tear bane apart. besides his supposed strength , his skill isn't as great as some tend to believe as well.

But whatever to each is own.
its just funny that you think Bane has super strength especially that he is a character in a Nolan film.

Robtard
I don't believe so.

No, it would have ripped off his arm, completely.

I talked to Jaden about that feat. It is so far above and beyond everything else he show-cases in strength that I think it should be discarded. Saying "I don't count that feat because I don't like it" is a silly move.

He also matched strength or there about with Nomak and Drake, who are well above Bane.

Werewolf582
Movie blade, wolverine and others that have displayed low level super human strength in films would tear bane apart. besides his supposed strength , his skill isn't as great as some tend to believe as well.

its just funny that you think Bane has super strength especially that he is a character in a Nolan film. Bith wolverine and Blade are way stronger than the chimps. Don't see your point.

NemeBro
Saying "I don't count that feat because I don't like it" is a silly move. It depends.

Sometimes characters do get feats that operate so much further beyond their norm.

I generally only disregard a higher feat if it's directly contradicted by lower ones.

dadudemon
Believe me, I know exactly where you're coming from, but I didn't say the same about myself cause I'd get "herpderp internet tuff guy" for doing so.

Probably from quan, the frail sissy.

**** the haters. They can eat shit. I'm one strong-ass mother****er. estahuh

Honestly?

I think so too, but when I wrote that I knew I'd be dismissed outright if I said so, and sheepishly backed down like a coward.

Bane is superhuman in strength and endurance though, yeah. thumb up

Edit: Well, maybe not Blade strength. I forget exactly how strong he is but didn't he fight Nomak who tore a vault door or something?

Blade was nowhere near Nomak's strength, iirc. I believe he used his skill to win that fight. Blade's skill and brains, really, is what allows him to constantly fight superior opponents.

NemeBro

its just funny that you think Bane has super strength especially that he is a character in a Nolan film. Remember when Batman got over being a cripple and out of shape for seven years in an unrealistically short amount of time in that Nolan film?

Boy I do.

Inhuman
Bith wolverine and Blade are way stronger than the chimps. Don't see your point.

blade was brought up in comparison to Bane. wolverine is another character that has displayed low lever of super human strength.
I was just stating that those guys are above Bane.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Didn't Caesar easily rip the door off an ambulance or whatever in the first movie near the end?

That last fight with Kobo in the second movie was pretty impressive from what I remember. I don't know much about apes but no way were they normal. Caesar wasn't at full strength and was clearly injured still yet prevailed.

NemeBro
**** the haters. They can eat shit. I'm one strong-ass mother****er. estahuh

It isn't always easy, being genetically superior.

I'll take your word for it. I don't remember much about that film.

dadudemon
Saying "I don't count that feat because I don't like it" is a silly move.

He also matched strength or there about with Nomak and Drake, who are well above Bane.

He definitely didn't match strength with them.

Also, see this comment on "way far out of character" feats:

It depends.

Sometimes characters do get feats that operate so much further beyond their norm.

I generally only disregard a higher feat if it's directly contradicted by lower ones.

Basically, it really depends on the feat and conditions. Caesar ripping off a door is definitely significantly superior to anything else he's done. But it is not nearly as far out there as Blade's "grabbing a subway" feat. Blade has struggled with far-lower strength feats. It was simply another case of Hollywood not realizing what it would take to pull that off.

If you read my earlier post, I say that you should accept the super high-end feats for characters. Except when they get into the extreme absurd and out-of-character territory.

Werewolf582
blade was brought up in comparison to Bane. wolverine is another character that has displayed low lever of super human strength.
I was just stating what you are stating that those guys are way above Bane. they are not low superhuman.

quanchi112
Clearly you have no argument. You concede. Also calling me a fanboy when your the most bias person here. Just shows how ignorant you are. Based on ?

I didn't concede. Bane has an exploitable weakness so he gets wrecked by Caesar who attacks a weakness because he's smart unlike bane.
Prove it pissboy, lol. You are ignorant to this yet post anyway this proving you're a fanboy and an idiot for believing that edit job.

NemeBro
If you can't prove your case I'm going to go tell Ushgarak.

Urine trouble now quan.

Werewolf582
Based on ?

I didn't concede. Bane has an exploitable weakness so he gets wrecked by Caesar who attacks a weakness because he's smart unlike bane.
You are ignorant to this yet post anyway this proving you're a fanboy and an idiot for believing that edit job.

LOL at bane not being smart. You must be the biggest retard here.

Inhuman
Remember when Batman got over being a cripple and out of shape for seven years in an unrealistically short amount of time in that Nolan film?

Boy I do.

What? he put on his bat-tech knee brace but he was still not 100%. Thus Why bane beat the shit out of him.

they are not low superhuman.

Actually Captain America is low super human. So is blade and wolverine is even lower but still displayed feats above any very strong human.

NemeBro
He escaped prison in a short time by working out, also getting over a pretty ****ed up back in the process.

Nolan's movies aren't "realistic". They're fairly gritty and edgy, but still ultimately a fantasy.

quanchi112
If you can't prove your case I'm going to go tell Ushgarak.

Urine trouble now quan. You are ignorant to the thread topic. Watch the films. Originally posted by Werewolf582
LOL at bane not being smart. You must be the biggest retard here. He wasn't smart hence why batman came back and annihilated him. He was really stupid.

Werewolf582
LOL at bane not being smart. Quan must be the biggest retard here.

quanchi112
LOL at bane not being smart. Quan must be the biggest retard here. Letting batman live no getting crushed by him was moronic. He lost it all. Moron. Caesar led apes over humans and is the forefather to taking over the planet. Not even close. Bane was just another epic failure.

NemeBro
He ended up needing saved by Catwoman. He was already bested and badly by Bane.

Bane has a clean and definitive win. Batman held an advantage due to damaging his mask. Thats it.

If you're going to be a contrarian troll be consistent about it quanpee.

In another thread you referred to Bane as an "uber villain".

Inhuman
He escaped prison in a short time by working out, also getting over a pretty ****ed up back in the process.

Nolan's movies aren't "realistic". They're fairly gritty and edgy, but still ultimately a fantasy.

you were talking about being out of commission for 7 years i responded now you're talking about the broken back recovery?
He had months of recovery. whats your point? I agree it was a nice feat.

I didnt say Nolan movies don't dwell in fantasy. I said Nolan hates the super hero genre. If you read his early interviews you would know this. Also he stated that he wanted to make the audience forget they were watching a super hero movie. (something like that). I know that sounds dumb but that was his feeling on those types of movies.

NemeBro
you were talking about being out of commission for 7 years i responded now you're talking about the broken back recovery?
He had months of recovery. whats your point? I agree it was a nice feat.

I dint say Nolan movies don't dwell in fantasy. I said Nolan hates the super hero genre. If you read his early interviews you would know this. Also he stated that he wanted to make the audience forget they were watching a super hero movie. (something like that). I know that sounds dumb but that was his feeling on those types of movies. It takes more than months to recover from being a cripple, being out of commission for seven years, and later having your back broken, lol.

Not sure why he created a supervillain immune to pain with mildly superhuman strength then.

quanchi112

In another thread you referred to Bane as an "uber villain". in the batman franchise he is but compared to Caesar he's awful. Caesar rapes the idiot.

Werewolf582

In another thread you referred to Bane as an "uber villain". Like I said, Quan is retarded.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>