Depowered Thor vs Batroc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Thor

Vs

Batroc

H2H

FrothByte
I'm going with Batroc on this one. Anyone who can go toe to toe with Cap should be near superhuman himself. Thor will put up a fight though.

TheVaultDweller
Batroc should take this. It will be a tough fight, but Batroc seems too fast, skilled and acrobatic for Thor. And if he can take hits from Cap and still keep going, I don't see how depowered Thor is putting him down.

Robtard
GSP FTW

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Batroc should take this. It will be a tough fight, but Batroc seems too fast, skilled and acrobatic for Thor. And if he can take hits from Cap and still keep going, I don't see how depowered Thor is putting him down.

Grabbing him and choking him outsmile Batroc isn't really strong enough to do damage to him.

KingD19
If Thor could even do that. Batroc would punish him for his troubles.

Firefly218
It's hard to evaluate all these Batroc threads, considering his lack of screen time. Also, depowered Thor doesn't have many skill feats. I'll go with Batroc

Arachnid1
I'm gonna go with Batroc.

Time Immemorial
Nah Thor would say enough is enough and smash him.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Nah Thor would say enough is enough and smash him. Eh, can Thor beat Bane or Batman? Sure. Both of them are at least comfortably achievable in the real world, in terms of physical ability.

A dude who went toe to toe with Captain America and actually did pretty good though? That's something else entirely.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Eh, can Thor beat Bane or Batman? Sure. Both of them are at least comfortably achievable in the real world, in terms of physical ability.

A dude who went toe to toe with Captain America and actually did pretty good though? That's something else entirely.

Cap was not trying, Batroc challenged him then Cap put him down. After Batroc taunted him it was dead obvious what was going on. Watch the fight for what it was, not what you think it was.

marwash22
Batroc beats him to death, and it has nothing to do with Strength, but everything to do with skill.

Batroc was likely more skilled than Cap, but got pissed on due to the stat difference. Thor isn't on his level in terms of skill and his strength advantage is negligible.

BruceSkywalker
Batroc beats up depowered thor here...

TheVaultDweller
Grabbing him and choking him outsmile Batroc isn't really strong enough to do damage to him.

Sure, if Thor can get him into a grapple, which will neutralize Batroc's speed and agility and bring Thor's strength into play, I can see him pulling off a win here. But I don't see him getting close without getting kicked in the face by the bouncy Frenchman.

TheVaultDweller
Having another look at depowered Thor's scenes on my copy of the movie, there is actually a case for whether Batroc can in fact actually seriously hurt Thor or not.

That big SHIELD agent didn't actually do so well, when I looked at it now. His most effective hit was a cheap shot, when Thor was focused on his hammer, and none of his blows did anything more than stagger Thor for a second or two. Thor, on the other hand, dropped him in return with 2 elbows to the stomach and 2 kicks.

Thor also tanked getting hit by van in the beginning of the film, and didn't actually sustain any visible injuries. So even depowered Thor has some serious durability/damage soak going for him.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Having another look at depowered Thor's scenes on my copy of the movie, there is actually a case for whether Batroc can in fact actually seriously hurt Thor or not.

That big SHIELD agent didn't actually do so well, when I looked at it now. His most effective hit was a cheap shot, when Thor was focused on his hammer, and none of his blows did anything more than stagger Thor for a second or two. Thor, on the other hand, dropped him in return with 2 elbows to the stomach and 2 kicks.

Thor also tanked getting hit by van in the beginning of the film, and didn't actually sustain any visible injuries. So even depowered Thor has some serious durability/damage soak going for him. True, but not as much as Cap, and Cap was visibly hurt by this guys hits. Thats impressive.

Time Immemorial
True, but not as much as Cap, and Cap was visibly hurt by this guys hits. Thats impressive.

Hurt? If you call smiling hurt then yea he was hurt.

Arachnid1
Hurt? If you call smiling hurt then yea he was hurt. I call grunting in pain after being floored twice hurting. Ya, he kicked the shit out of Batroc after that. but Cap obviously felt Batrocs hits.

Time Immemorial
I call grunting in pain after being floored twice hurting. Ya, he kicked the shit out of Batroc after that. but Cap obviously felt Batrocs hits.

Nah him hurting was possibly when Loki beat him down. Batroc was sport and he was not grunting in pain. Re watch the fight again. I would consider what Loki possibly did to him as hurt and defiantly what Buckey did, but Batroc did not hurt him one bit.

TheVaultDweller
True, but not as much as Cap, and Cap was visibly hurt by this guys hits. Thats impressive.

I think Cap was more surprised that the guy could tag him than anything else. And even then, I am talking about KO level kind of hurt. Getting hit by a van KOd Thor for a few seconds, and when he got up his hair was barely mussed. I just don't know if Batroc has enough strength behind his hits to put Thor down before Thor can get his hands on him. It's still a toss up to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.