General Grievous/Spiderman vs Weapon XI/Captain America: Movie Amalgam Battle 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
They have no Idea what the others powers are
Combined Stats, Powers and Experience

TheVaultDweller
I don't see Grievous' abilities aiding Spidey all that much. He is at least as strong, fast and agile as Grievous (IMO much more so), can already cling to walls, and has webbing and a Spider sense to boot. He also has enough durability to not even be fazed much when hit by speeding vehicles.

So basically it's Spiderman vs Stevepool (Weapon Rogers?). In which case I see the supersoldier weapon taking the win.

Edit: Though are you giving Spidey a pair of sabers? That would actually be useful to him, as he could possibly get a decap if he is fast enough with them, in which case this is a closer fight.

ares834
Lightsabers and four arms? That's pretty helpful.

Weapons XI can probably win on his own though.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by ares834
Lightsabers and four arms? That's pretty helpful.

That's why I asked if he was giving Spiderman the sabers too. He only mentioned combat stats, xp and powers. Not gear. Because without those sabers, I don't see a way for Spiderman getting a kill. With the sabers, he actually has a shot at winning this.

KingD19
A decap wouldn't really help. As seen Deadpool could move his body independently without his head. So it would inconvenience him at most.

But considering speed should be similar due to Wade's bullet scene, and his twin Adamantium blades, a decap would be damn hard to pull off.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
A decap wouldn't really help. As seen Deadpool could move his body independently without his head. So it would inconvenience him at most.

His one hand was awkwardly grasping for his head in that end credit cut scene. Hardly the kind of form to take on Spiderman. All Spiderman has to do (IF he manages a decap) is punt Stevepool's head into the next city block.

But considering speed should be similar due to Wade's bullet scene, and his twin Adamantium blades, a decap would be damn hard to pull off.

Amazing Spiderman (I am assuming we are using the latest one, OP didn't specify) has also dodged bullets at virtual point blank range. He is no slouch by any means.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
His one hand was awkwardly grasping for his head in that end credit cut scene. Hardly the kind of form to take on Spiderman. All Spiderman has to do (IF he manages a decap) is punt Stevepool's head into the next city block.

That's sort of oversimplifying it. His body was 90% buried under tons of rubble from having pretty much the entirety of a nuclear silo falling on him. All that was exposed was his arm and he reached over and quickly found his head. It's not like he could do much else given the circumstances.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Amazing Spiderman (I am assuming we are using the latest one, OP didn't specify) has also dodged bullets at virtual point blank range. He is no slouch by any means.

And I'm aware of Spidey's speed. He did indeed dodge Rhino's bullets while falling toward him. I'm just saying their speed based on how they both react to bullets is similar enough that a decapitation wouldn't be easy for Spidey. Especially since Dead America has twin Adamantium blades in his arms, and his shield.

TheVaultDweller
That's sort of oversimplifying it. His body was 90% buried under tons of rubble from having pretty much the entirety of a nuclear silo falling on him. All that was exposed was his arm and he reached over and quickly found his head. It's not like he could do much else given the circumstances.

Being buried under rubble shouldn't matter to a teleporter. Unless being decapped severely hinders him in using any of his other abilities.

And I'm aware of Spidey's speed. He did indeed dodge Rhino's bullets while falling toward him. I'm just saying their speed based on how they both react to bullets is similar enough that a decapitation wouldn't be easy for Spidey. Especially since Dead America has twin Adamantium blades in his arms, and his shield.

Never said it would be easy. Never even said he would do it. Said he could possibly do it, if he was fast enough. The point I was making here was that Stevepool shitstomps him if he doesn't get a pair of sabers. With a pair of sabers, this is actually a close fight.

KingD19
It probably wouldn't matter if Stryker was still around to command him and his broadcast signal was still active. But with it done the case could be argued that Wade was just now regaining control. He might not have even known he could teleport on his own. That movie was awful though so I won't say anymore about it, lol.

Agreed on the second part.

Robtard
Either character could end the other with a single hit; imo, SM's ridiculously high reaction-time, spider-sense and GG's four-arms + four sabres takes it.

TheVaultDweller
That movie was awful though so I won't say anymore about it, lol.

This I can heartily agree with. Especially that end fight. Without PIS/CIS, Wolverine and Sabretooth would have lost, and lost badly. laughing laughing laughing

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard
Either character could end the other with a single hit; imo, SM's ridiculously high reaction-time, spider-sense and GG's four-arms + four sabres takes it. Agreed. Spidey would solo the other team. I'm not as sure about GG, but if he got a hit, it would be the end.

Robtard
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. Spidey would solo the other team. I'm not as sure about GG, but if he got a hit, it would be the end.

This is an amalgam fight; so it's one character that has both SM's and GG's best traits. So picture a four-armed SM with lightsabres.

ares834
Agreed. Spidey would solo the other team. I'm not as sure about GG, but if he got a hit, it would be the end.

Spidey wouldn't take Barakapool. With lightsabers though...

maxivitopowe
First fight
Pure H2H

Second fight
With weapons

And the abilities are stacked

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard
This is an amalgam fight; so it's one character that has both SM's and GG's best traits. So picture a four-armed SM with lightsabres. Oh, in that case...

Insta-rape.

Spidey wouldn't take Barakapool. With lightsabers though... Barakapool who struggled with and eventually got taken by Wolverine and Sabretooth? Spidey is significantly stronger, faster, more agile, and has a spidey sense. Pool would never touch him (not even with optic blasts), and would end up drowned in webbing in an instant. If we go bloodlusted, Spidey would finish the fight just as fast.

As for your new rules, a pure hand to hand fight is different. It would be hard to KO Barakapool, since we've never seen it done. It took killing him for Wolvie to put him down. If this is without Spideys willingness to hold back, Spidey/Grievous tear his head off quickly.

With weapons, insta-beheading via lightsabers.

Either way, General Spidey wins.

ares834
Barakapool was deflecting machine gun fire with swords... His reactions are easily on par with Spider-man. Add in the fact that he can teleport, has optic blasts, and a retardedly powerful healing factor and it's quite clear Spider-man doesn't stand a chance.

With lightsabers though he has a chance.

Arachnid1
Barakapool was deflecting machine gun fire with swords... His reactions are easily on par with Spider-man. Add in the fact that he can teleport, has optic blasts, and a retardedly powerful healing factor and it's quite clear Spider-man doesn't stand a chance.

With lightsabers though he has a chance. Barakapool did not deflect machine fun fire. Wade Wilson did. There is nothing to suggest that Pool after his transformation can do similar. On the contrary, he got taken out by Wolvie and Sabretooth. If he was all you make him out to be, he would have diced Sabretooth in an insant and baraged Wolvie win optic blasts from all around so fast he wouldn't be able to block and react to them. Wade post-transformation was a step down in speed and skill.

I compare it to Lord of the Rings, were the Orcs are post-transformation Elves. They are a massive step down in speed and skill, while being stronger.

ares834
Just like Phoinex should have destroyed Wolverine? Let's face it. Their was massive amounts of PIS going on in that fight. And Barakapool was kicking their asses. They only won because he thought he knocked Wolverine off the building allowing Wolverine to pull off a sneak attack.

Arachnid1
Just like Phoinex should have destroyed Wolverine? Let's face it. Their was massive amounts of PIS going on in that fight. And Barakapool was kicking their asses. They only won because he thought he knocked Wolverine off the building allowing Wolverine to pull off a sneak attack. I was always under the impression that Phoenix was holding back at the time because of her love for Logan.

Yes, he was kicking their asses at first. They still managed to parry and dodge a good amount of his attacks. Sabretooth managed to grab him by the neck (twice) and bring him over to Wolverine to get stabbed in the back. He had to back off and fire optic blasts from the other side of the reactor. I have a hard time believing someone as fast as Spidey would have ever been tagged by Wolverine or Sabretooth. Even when he fought Wolverine alone, he was getting parried, dodged, and even stabbed. If he was as fast as Wade, none of that would have transpired. Weapon X showed himself to be much slower than Wade and Spidey. The dude got tagged plenty by Wolvie and Sabretooth. We can try to say it's PIS, but that was Weapon X's only showing.

Compare that final fight to this.

AiibN8EmIxE

Firefly218
Wade can teleport, and has reflexes equal to spiderman. Even with sabers, spidey ain't gettin no decap

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wade can teleport, and has reflexes equal to spiderman. Even with sabers, spidey ain't gettin no decap Wade? Sure. Weapon X? Not so much. Wade and Weapon X are not the same.

Wade wasn't getting touched by a hailstorm of bullets from 8 AK-47 wielding henchmen who all fired simultaneously. He didn't dodge one. He blocked every single shot. Weapon X was getting tagged, parried, and dodged by Wolverine and Sabretooth.

Weapon X has two adamantium blades that unsheathe from his arm, as opposed to two swords he caries around. He also has teleportation abilities, optic blasts, a healing factor, and some pretty good agility.

He never once showcased his abilities post-transformation. Its seems to me that the experimentation that completely changed him in every way resulted in him loosing his own abilities. We cant say Weapon X has reflexes equal to Wade or Spidey when he never once showcased it.

ares834
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wade can teleport, and has reflexes equal to spiderman. Even with sabers, spidey ain't gettin no decap

thumb up

maxivitopowe
You guys are forgetting Cap A

KingD19
I think his decrease in performance was more about the fact that he was basically receiving a signal to his brain to fight and wasn't allowed to do it on his own.

I could be wrong though.

Placidity
Even though he blocked all the bullets, he never moved at superhuman speed (arm speed easily measurable so don't argue).

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Placidity
Even though he blocked all the bullets, he never moved at superhuman speed (arm speed easily measurable so don't argue). I disagree. He clearly looked at the last bullet, turned around, and sliced it in half. It moved maybe 2 feet in that time.

And I don't care how fast his arms looked like they were going prior to that, he stopped a f*ckton on bullets from AKs. Not one went through. You can chalk that up to bad filming if you like, but don't even attempt to argue that that's not superhuman. Unless you're willing to post a video of you doing the same at normal speeds, he moved at superhuman speed.

ares834
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
You guys are forgetting Cap A

Cap adds very little. Just a bit more strength and a shield I guess.

Placidity
I disagree. He clearly looked at the last bullet, turned around, and sliced it in half. It moved maybe 2 feet in that time.

And I don't care how fast his arms looked like they were going prior to that, he stopped a f*ckton on bullets from AKs. Not one went through. You can chalk that up to bad filming if you like, but don't even attempt to argue that that's not superhuman. Unless you're willing to post a video of you doing the same at normal speeds, he moved at superhuman speed.

He moved as fast as Ryan Reynolds could in real life. Ryan Reynolds is a human.

I made a post on this very thing before. You can argue both ways, but I put it down to "skill" and some enhanced speed, but not a speedster type of speed, which you would actually require to dodge/cut bullets in real life. What is plainly seen on-screen as intended by the director overrides any theories (however logical) in this case - at least for me. If he was meant to have super-speed (as in Quicksilver type), it would have been easy to apply the necessary special effects/editing.

Arachnid1
He moved as fast as Ryan Reynolds could in real life. Ryan Reynolds is a human.

I made a post on this very thing before. You can argue both ways, but I put it down to "skill" and some enhanced speed, but not a speedster type of speed, which you would actually require to dodge/cut bullets in real life. What is plainly seen on-screen as intended by the director overrides any theories (however logical) in this case - at least for me. If he was meant to have super-speed (as in Quicksilver type), it would have been easy to apply the necessary special effects/editing. "What is plainly seen on-screen as intended by the director overrides any theories."

Agreed. And you plainly see him turn around, look at a bullet, and cut it in half as it moved about two feet in that scene. That is bullet time at its finest. I see no reason not to apply the same ability to every bullet that was blocked. You need a whole lot more than skill to block all those bullets, and he clearly showed he had the speed.

And sure, the special effects would have helped, but with how horrible that movie was overall, it makes more sense that they probably just overlooked it and decided the scene were he clearely was moving in bullet time was enough.

Placidity
"What is plainly seen on-screen as intended by the director overrides any theories."

Agreed. And you plainly see him turn around, look at a bullet, and cut it in half as it moved about two feet in that scene. That is bullet time at its finest. I see no reason not to apply the same ability to every bullet that was blocked. You need a whole lot more than skill to block all those bullets, and he clearly showed he had the speed.

And sure, the special effects would have helped, but with how horrible that movie was overall, it makes more sense that they probably just overlooked it and decided the scene were he clearly was moving in bullet time was enough.

That moment although significant is all that you have to hang on to make a case for superspeed. Every other scene in the movie, he does not display any super speed at all.

Also he was clearly blocking bullets even without superspeed before that moment. Therefore, real world physics does not necessarily apply to that one slow motion scene either.

If you pause the video at the right places in the earlier part of that scene when he WASN'T filmed in slow motion, you can still see the bullets he is deflecting. The movie bullet is clearly slower than a real bullet.

Basically, a case can be made for superspeed, but it takes some inclination and self-convincing.

Arachnid1
That moment although significant is all that you have to hang on to make a case for superspeed. Every other scene in the movie, he does not display any super speed at all.

Also he was clearly blocking bullets even without superspeed before that moment. Therefore, real world physics does not necessarily apply to that one slow motion scene either.

If you pause the video at the right places in the earlier part of that scene when he WASN'T filmed in slow motion, you can still see the bullets he is deflecting. The movie bullet is clearly slower than a real bullet.

Basically, a case can be made for superspeed, but it takes some inclination and self-convincing. All I have? I also have the scene where he blocked a ****ton of AK bullets. Its more believable to think that the clip was slowed down, or to chalk it up to bad filming than to think he blocked bullets from standard AKs that for some reason were going slower without superspeed. Especially when he was clearly shown to be going bullet time in a scene. That was the DEFINITION of bullet time. Do you realize how your argument sounds? Your free to continue arguing all you like, but you're wrong and anyone can see that.

maxivitopowe
Placid is wrong

Placidity
Can you even write something that makes sense?

All I have?

Yes that is all you have.

Lets see if you go on to produce more evidence.

I also have the scene where he blocked a ****ton of AK bullets.

We already talked about this. He is moving at human speed - as seen on screen. You bring it up again as if I haven't addressed it already - very bad form.

Its more believable to think that the clip was slowed down, or to chalk it up to bad filming than to think he blocked bullets from standard AKs that for some reason were going slower without superspeed.

"More believable" for you because you want to believe. Still waiting for some solid evidence other than your assertion.

Especially when he was clearly shown to be going bullet time in a scene. That was the DEFINITION of bullet time.

So finally you bring up the feat which I said was all you had... so I think that is really all you have then. Thanks for confirming, but all the other fluff text is unnecessary.

Do you realize how your argument sounds? Your free to continue arguing all you like, but you're wrong and anyone can see that.

I'm sure it doesn't make sense to someone who is biased and who isn't very good at logic.

Your style of debate really shows you lack substance. One fallacy after an other, and then ends with an ad hominem and argumentum ad populum.

Arachnid1
Can you even write something that makes sense?

Yes that is all you have.

Lets see if you go on to produce more evidence.

We already talked about this. He is moving at human speed - as seen on screen. You bring it up again as if I haven't addressed it already - very bad form.

"More believable" for you because you want to believe. Still waiting for some solid evidence other than your assertion.

So finally you bring up the feat which I said was all you had... so I think that is really all you have then. Thanks for confirming, but all the other fluff text is unnecessary.

I'm sure it doesn't make sense to someone who is biased and who isn't very good at logic.

Your style of debate really shows you lack substance. One fallacy after an other, and then ends with an ad hominem and argumentum ad populum.

"I'm sure it doesn't make sense to someone who is biased and who isn't very good at logic."

You described yourself 100%. Look at you getting all rustled lol. The director clearly meant that scene to be bullet time. Your free to get as angry as you like, but it wont make you right here. Everyone here besides you agrees he's bullet time, and there's a reason for that. You're wrong. ;D

TheVaultDweller
Please tell me I am missing something, and that Placidity isn't suggesting that a regular human, with normal human speed and reaction times, can stop a barrage of AK bullets being fired at him at close range, using just a pair of swords?

StealthRanger
To be fair, it is possible to dodge sound speed objects from 100 or so meters away, though the reason one couldn't react to bullets because the size of it

Though still, the notion Deadpool doesn't have superhuman speed despite his feat (as well as the whole "herp derp bullets in teh movie go slower than real ones" and "we could see it on TV so it's not even supersonic" lines) is retarded

maxivitopowe
Let's add the Wade feats to weapon XI

Arachnid1
In that case, this gets a lot more interesting. It might go to Captain Pool. That bullet time feat was more impressive than Spidey's. Spidey weaved his way through a barrage of bullets from a minigun, which was cool, but Wade blocked every bullet from a good 8 AKs be fired full auto at him for a good 20 seconds.

General Spidey is probably fast enough to dodge that kind of barrage, but block every single bullet? Holy shit. General Spidey may have 4 arms, a spider sense, and much more strength, but Captain Pool may be fast enough to get a decap. I give it to him 6-7/10.

maxivitopowe
They were in par IMO

X-Men Legends 1
Team 2

maxivitopowe
Can no one ****ing read, it's an amalgam

maxivitopowe
Bump

StiltmanFTW
Proper Grievous should solo T2 and Spiderpussy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.