Going to the dogs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I guess thats what most of you thought of this site when I was appointed a mod! stick out tongue

No seriously, it was my mates birthday yesterday and we're all going to the dog track on Saturday for a meal, some drinks and a few bets. I plan to get drunk and have a go at that tic-tac stuff, very amusing it looks.

I could do with some handy betting hints, where's Finti when you need him?

Ushgarak
Bet on the one who is going to win.

mechmoggy
*Scribbles down onto notepad*

This is all good stuff Ush, keep it coming.....

Ushgarak
Also number 4. Try it.

mechmoggy
Gotcha. big grin

How about the tic-tac, any veterans know the lingo?

GordonSkywalker
So you are a moderator?

Ushgarak
I bloody hope so, else his closing of threads is disturbing...

GordonSkywalker
How was I supposed to know? I am not exactly on the guest list at the moderator's parties.(This is meant as a joke. Do not take it seriously) laughing out loud

Corran
Number 4 fared well for me last time I went Mech, and it was all Ush's fault he told me to do it.

Member.
crazy dog races.

yerssot
so, you have to guess which one finishes FIRST??
*smacks head*

Gundark
GRRRRRRRRR..... mad

yerssot
either you're against dog races, or you also just found out guessing who ends last isn't how people play this game

Ushgarak
I suspect the first... I am sure Mech means no harm, Gundy!

Mech- perhaps you should call it off and go to that Circus and Zoo place instead...

Julie
why bet.........oh well...have fun

Ushgarak
No point going if he does not bet, Julie

Tex
WOOF WOOF

*giggles*

GordonSkywalker
So have we all gone to the dogs then? I happen to like dogs as they are man's best friends.

Tex
I like dgos too, but I'm more of a cat person.

GordonSkywalker
"Cats are cool and nice, They bite not once but twice" Another effort at rhyming. I am a songwriter you know.

Tex
Move over Maya Angelou!

GordonSkywalker
I do not know who that is I am afraid, Tex.

Tex
Ooo, that's the best HAL I've ever heard!

GordonSkywalker
Sorry I still don't understand.

Tex
Your're starting to sound like Tiny Tim.

GordonSkywalker
Riiight.

Tex
Any chance of bringing Tiny Tim back Raz?

Captain REX
What's wrong with Gundy? Did I miss something?

mechmoggy
Gundy loves dogs, maybe she thinks its cruel? confused

I've never been before so I'm quite looking forward to it. But what I really can't wait to see is the jockey's, how small are they gonna be! big grin

yerssot
don't the dogs ride the jockeys these days?

Corran
I'm going to the Dogs again on 3rd June, mech if you can note down which dogs win which races and let me know the results I would be most grateful.

yerssot
and if not?

Corran
Then I will not be grateful.

yerssot
something no one wants to see!

mechmoggy

Corran
Oh well, I shall have to rely on the tried and trusted method of asking Ush for a number between 1 and 6 just before each race.

yerssot
and associate that number with something first

Corran
OK so tonight's the night. Mech have you remembered the order of the winners yet? If not then I'll need to get picking some numbers.

mechmoggy
I'm not sure if the dogs from B'ham track will be the same at your local track.

And if they are, won't their little legs be tired from the long haul up north? confused

Corran
I'm going to Brighton, am working in Surrey at the moment, so if you look at the map it's a downhill trek for them, shouldn't be too difficult.

mechmoggy
Oh, then thats okay then. big grin

I'd suggest going for the trio bets or straight wins, its not really worth going for a "place" unless the odds are good. The problem with being there is that the odds aren't fixed until just before the race, so you can place a bet at 25-1 but only get 2-1 by the time the race starts!

Corran
I'll be betting mostly at the bookies ring, you can play the odds a little better there. The Tote is no good because it goes up or down depending on what bets are on what dogs.

mechmoggy
Indeed.

Are you having a meal and everything too?

Corran
Well those basket meal things plus free drink and bet, going to win I can feel it in my water.

mechmoggy
Maybe thats a storm coming and not a win. confused

The meals are never anything special, but the beer isn't badly priced.

Corran
The beer's warm and flat down here so I might have to stick to the old Whiskey until I am in a state where warm beer doesn't matter.

mechmoggy
Stick to turbo-shandy's!

Corran
Can't do vodka.

mechmoggy
Try an Incredible Hulk then, its cider and blue curaco.

Tastes like s**t, but gets you p****d. big grin

Corran
We call that something like monkey snot. Or is monkey snot snakebite and blue curacao?

mechmoggy
That sounds good too.

I've heard it called Green Death before too. Snakebites rock, they are without doubt my fave strong drink.

Corran
You get bars that refuse to serve snake-bite so you just order a pint of lager, a pint of cider and a half pint of water, then you, well it's simple isn't it.

mechmoggy
A lot of the bigger pubs won't serve it, but the smaller more local ones don't give a monkeys.

I once ordered a pint of snakebite and was refused, 10 minutes later we were doing tequila shots at the bar from the same barmaid. Where's the logic in that refusal? confused

Corran
barMAID - logic - barMAID - logic, please explain oxymoron.

mechmoggy
big grin

Actually this women is the pub landlady I think. Real odd looking female she is too. She looks like a mish-mash of a number of other women, we've effectionatley named her, "The cut and shut".

Corran
Need to be careful how you say it when drunk.

mechmoggy
Good lord, I wouldn't say it to the lil' poison dwarf, she'd kick my ass!

Corran
Are you a man or a mouse?

mechmoggy
Neither, I'm a mechanical cat creature. big grin

Corran
Oh yes I'd forgotten.

mechmoggy
Its all in the name I tells ya!

Corran
OK so I left here with 60 quid and have returned with the same amount. I am extremely drunk so have spent a fair bit on alcoholic beverages, I believe I did quite well on the dogs,

mechmoggy
You da man C!

Were there any sexy ladies present? wink

yerssot
and were you sober when you noticed them?

Corran
There were a couple of quite nice ladies and by the end of the night they were absolute stunners, funny that!?!?

yerssot
not at all!

GordonSkywalker
Hmmm...I know some guys who have gone to the dogs. Shame really.....They give dogs a bad name.

mechmoggy
Riiiiiight....

Those beer goggles really are useful aren't they Corran? wink

Corran
Standard Issue Beer goggles, can't beat them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.