(Holy political correctness batman!) Thor is now a woman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
O...M...G...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/marvel-thor-woman_n_5588107.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

Lek Kuen
Eh, Comics do stuff like this all the time. It's not like it's a permanent change or likely even the true thor. So I wouldn't flip out about PC. Just another temp sale boost tactic like always.

He'll be back in time for Thor 3 or Avengers 2

dmills
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Eh, Comics do stuff like this all the time. It's not like it's a permanent change or likely even the true thor. So I wouldn't flip out about PC. Just another temp sale boost tactic like always.

Lek Kuen
I'll believe it if it sticks for 3 years. And if no sign of change after thor 3

Outside of not believing anything marvel says, I don't think they are that lazy

ares834
Originally posted by dmills
O...M...G...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/marvel-thor-woman_n_5588107.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

LMAO

Newjak
It makes sense for how the hammer is supposed to work.

I have one question is this supposed to be Dr Blake where Thor's spirit resides in the woman or are they going to be separate entities in this arc?

ares834
Separate. Apparently, the real Thor is going to use that one celestial killing axe (forgot it's name).

Newjak
Originally posted by ares834
Separate. Apparently, the real Thor is going to use that one celestial killing axe (forgot it's name). I think this could be an interesting story.

BruceSkywalker
i am interested so will buy..

i do think that Marvel will find some way to bring back Thor in man form though

Mindship
Originally posted by dmills
O...M...G...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/marvel-thor-woman_n_5588107.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment So...Thor is being punished by being turned into a woman.

If she learns her lesson, becoming honorable and worthy, she becomes a man again?

Interesting message here.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindship
So...Thor is being punished by being turned into a woman.

If she learns her lesson, becoming honorable and worthy, she becomes a man again?

Interesting message here. From the sounds of it the woman is going to be a different person than Thor.

So Thor becomes unworthy and some lady picks the hammer and gains the powers of Thor.

ares834
Yep. Ten bucks says it's Angela.

Fallschirmjäger
So the next time that one woman in Whiterun walks by you and asks you if you can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman, I guess we gamers will have to look the other way or face a lawsuit by Jarl O' Donnell? stick out tongue

Galan007
Yep. Ten bucks says it's Angela. first person i thought of, too.

-Pr-
t-minus how long until she sleeps with wolverine?

Fallschirmjäger
My old reply:

"So the next time that one woman in Whiterun walks by you and asks you if you can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman, I guess we gamers will have to look the other way or face a lawsuit by Jarl O' Donnell? stick out tongue."

I'm past the 15 minute editing period, so let me re-phrase this and say that the Nord warrior who looks the wrong way at that woman in Whiterun will have a lawsuit by Jarl O'Donnell, with judges Goldberg and Behar and Couric presiding on a hung jury...

dmills
Anyone know how long Masterson was Thor? In guessing that this is similar to that.

Khazra Reborn
If this lasts longer than like, 3 months I will literally drop every single Marvel book on my pull list. I'm so sick of this bullshit.

pym-ftw
So Thor will still be around, and they are going to have a second character also named Thor thats a woman...

And they honestly dont think people are going to call her "She-Thor"...

Isnt Angela a red head, i guess they could change it but idk, im guessing they want to go with Valkyrie.

Khazra Reborn
They better keep the real Thor's book going, if they cancel T:GOT for this crap I'm going to be so pissed.

ozz81
Just hope they dont depower her and make her some pushover etc..But yeah guess its a temporary thing..

Damborgson
http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think that's actually Thor.

riv6672
Thought it was just me getting that impression...

Q99
Thread title's pretty silly, this doesn't have anything to do with political correctness.

Comic characters regularly mess with their characters- Replacing Thor with Thunderstrike, Superman going Blue, Spider-Armor, Spider-Ock, Teen Tony, etc..

A new Thor, worthy of the hammer, is something that happens occasionally. Sooner or later, it makes sense for it to be a woman. This is, what, the fourth worthy hammer-bearer around? Yea, it makes sense. It'd be odd if it didn't happen sooner or later.

This could be fun.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Are you serious Marvel?

First Angela is shoe-horned into Asgardian continuity and we lose 2 months of God of Thunder and AoA. Then it's revealed she is apparently the rightful heir to Odin's throne which completely craps on Thor's birthright and Odin seeking out Gaea to produce the next King of Asgard.

Now we have this?

I'm all for gender equality and more women in comics, but can Marvel please stop ruining Thor to do it? If you want a female Asgardian character being more prominent, there's plenty to choose from. Creating a token female character for a publicity stunt by messing with a current fan favorite does nothing for the cause.

I want to be objective but from the get go I can't help but be cynical about this and slightly pissed. First of all, how can she be called Thor? How does that even make sense? It's like Catwoman becoming Batman and people calling her Bruce Wayne.

Thor will now be called something else? Not only does he lose Mjolnir, the equivalent of his right arm and an iconic symbol of his power, but he can't even have his own name?! News flash, his name is THOR and the God of Thunder title is his birthright. It's not something that goes away even if he loses Mjolnir. He was born being able to control the weather.

But no, Marvel isn't done messing with everyone's favorite Thunder God just yet. He also has his main title, the God of Thunder series, which has been my favorite comic for quite some time, canceled, and the creative team is stolen.

I mean, what the heck man?

Also, I can't wait to see the justification how Agent Solomon (Either her or one of his granddaughters. Jane is too obvious) character will suddenly be worthy of Mjolnir.

The sad thing is, a story arc of Thor without Mjolnir under Aaron (While unoriginal at this point) would have been interesting to see, so would have a female Asgardian getting her own title.

Now I just hope the sales on this gimmick tanks, this female Thor disappears to the sidelines, and we can pretend all of this didn't happen.

80sBaby
^^^^^^Living up to his username.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Please. All my complaints were reasonable and accurate. Thor is being stripped of his birthright, hammer, name, comic book, and awesome creative team.

Imagine if some chick became Superman and they started calling her Clark. There might actually be riots in the streets.

Mindship
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor will now be called something else? Not only does he lose Mjolnir, the equivalent of his right arm and an iconic symbol of his power, but he can't even have his own name?! News flash, his name is THOR and the God of Thunder title is his birthright. Yeah, this is the weird part. At least if Thor, per se, was being turned into a woman, it would make sense "she" keep the name and title.

80sBaby
Please. All my complaints were reasonable and accurate. Thor is being stripped of his birthright, hammer, name, comic book, and awesome creative team.

Imagine if some chick became Superman and they started calling her Clark. There might actually be riots in the streets.

And those Supeerman fanboys would be just as irrational as you (See: Spidey fans regarding Superior.) Not to mention a little thing called Reign of the Supermen already happened.

Thor's still going to be around, albeit changed. It's a freaking story! Do you really think it's permanent?

And you've been enjoying Aaron's run so far, haven't you? Why not see where it goes before raging?

And, for the record, my favorite character is Superboy (Conner Kent) What's happening to Thor is NOTHING in comparison. Count your blessings.

dmills

Are you serious Marvel?

First Angela is shoe-horned into Asgardian continuity and we lose 2 months of God of Thunder and AoA. Then it's revealed she is apparently the rightful heir to Odin's throne which completely craps on Thor's birthright and Odin seeking out Gaea to produce the next King of Asgard.

Now we have this?

I'm all for gender equality and more women in comics, but can Marvel please stop ruining Thor to do it? If you want a female Asgardian character being more prominent, there's plenty to choose from. Creating a token female character for a publicity stunt by messing with a current fan favorite does nothing for the cause.

I want to be objective but from the get go I can't help but be cynical about this and slightly pissed. First of all, how can she be called Thor? How does that even make sense? It's like Catwoman becoming Batman and people calling her Bruce Wayne.

Thor will now be called something else? Not only does he lose Mjolnir, the equivalent of his right arm and an iconic symbol of his power, but he can't even have his own name?! News flash, his name is THOR and the God of Thunder title is his birthright. It's not something that goes away even if he loses Mjolnir. He was born being able to control the weather.

But no, Marvel isn't done messing with everyone's favorite Thunder God just yet. He also has his main title, the God of Thunder series, which has been my favorite comic for quite some time, canceled, and the creative team is stolen.

Also, I can't wait to see the justification how Agent Solomon (Either her or one of his granddaughters. Jane is too obvious) character will suddenly be worthy of Mjolnir.

The sad thing is, a story arc of Thor without Mjolnir under Aaron (While unoriginal at this point) would have been interesting to see, so would have a female Asgardian getting her own title.

Now I just hope the sales on this gimmick tanks, this female Thor disappears to the sidelines, and we can pretend all of this didn't happen.

Goodness gracious, man, try to pull yourself together. This post is like an island of desperation amid a sea of despair.

Just messin with ya lol.

Golgo13

Yup. Just another of Marvels gimicks to boost sales. Not too surprising. Next up? Death of wolverine.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 80sBaby
And those Supeerman fanboys would be just as irrational as you (See: Spidey fans regarding Superior.) Not to mention a little thing called Reign of the Supermen already happened.

Thor's still going to be around, albeit changed. It's a freaking story! Do you really think it's permanent?

And you've been enjoying Aaron's run so far, haven't you? Why not see where it goes before raging?

And, for the record, my favorite character is Superboy (Conner Kent) What's happening to Thor is NOTHING in comparison. Count your blessings.

Sure, I am exaggerating to an extent, but all my complaints are valid and rooted in truth

Of course it's not permanent. I'm not worried about it being permanent. What I'm annoyed about is the disruption it causes to the current Thor title. I was enjoying that shit, it was a good comic and now it's canceled and parts of Thor's mythos are probably going to be butchered for a publicity stunt.

Why not? Because this was announced on the View by Jenny McCarthy and Whoopie Goldberg, that's why. It's obviously a marketing gimmick and I'd argue the opposite of the direction Aaron was taking Thor based on the last few arcs.

If we're even putting Thor in the same breath as Superboy, that in itself shows that this shit has gone completely off the track.

JayDaDon
Marvel is wading in a sea of gimicks man some days I think they should just clean house and bring in all new talent.

JayDaDon
This may be one of the top 5 stupidest ideas ive heard of in comics, and wow that sure says alot.

Khazra Reborn

Are you serious Marvel?

Now we have this?

Phucking right man, I agree 100%. The worst part about this IMO, is that this whole 'Unworthy Thor' thing could have made for an epic arc (having Thor master his power without Mjolnir ect.) if they just would have left T:GoT alone, and let this new female Thor shit unravel in it's own book.

I hate Marvel so much.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Phucking right man, I agree 100%. The worst part about this IMO, is that this whole 'Unworthy Thor' thing could have made for an epic arc (having Thor master his power without Mjolnir ect.) if they just would have left T:GoT alone, and let this new female Thor shit unravel in it's own book.

I hate Marvel so much.

Ive pretty much have dropped all of Marvel. I really only read Iron Fist and Thor.

JayDaDon
It feels like most of Marvel reading these days is patiently waiting for them to get a stupid idea out of their system, only to see a new stupider idea follow it.

emporerpants
So who thinks they will take away Thor's weather powers now in order to hype up the new Thor so he doesn't "steal her thunder" so to speak. shifty

celeyhyga17
Sure, I am exaggerating to an extent, but all my complaints are valid and rooted in truth

Of course it's not permanent. I'm not worried about it being permanent. What I'm annoyed about is the disruption it causes to the current Thor title. I was enjoying that shit, it was a good comic and now it's canceled and parts of Thor's mythos are probably going to be butchered for a publicity stunt.

Why not? Because this was announced on the View by Jenny McCarthy and Whoopie Goldberg, that's why. It's obviously a marketing gimmick and I'd argue the opposite of the direction Aaron was taking Thor based on the last few arcs.

If we're even putting Thor in the same breath as Superboy, that in itself shows that this shit has gone completely off the track. Thor is not going away. Obviously it will only be temporary. I'm actually a bit excited at the prospects of Thor wielding only Jarnbjorn again. He'll be back to relying on his innate godly powers again.
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor The Unworthy...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54067

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Unworthy-Thor.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/15/article-2693269-1FAA40A600000578-394_634x960.jpg

http://media.jrn.com/images/660*938/1e4573b19dc8fb1b590f6a7067002a90.jpg

Khazra Reborn
I too am excited about Unworthy Thor, but the thing that bothers me is, by canceling T: GoT Marvel is forcing us to buy this BS female Thor title in order to hopefully see what real Thor is doing.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I too am excited about Unworthy Thor, but the thing that bothers me is, by canceling T: GoT Marvel is forcing us to buy this BS female Thor title in order to hopefully see what real Thor is doing.
I wonder who the phukk it will be.... Hmm...

JayDaDon
Valkyrie maybe????

ares834
So... Has Thor lost his arm recently or has that not happened yet (I'm behind in GoT)?

celeyhyga17
So... Has Thor lost his arm recently or has that not happened yet (I'm behind in GoT)?
Nope.

Existere
I think comic fans are fair to feel jaded towards gimmicks that boost sales by altering major characters for the sake of increasing race/gender/LGBT visibility. I'm all for promoting diversity in my favorite fictional medium, and I think we genuinely are seeing more prominent female, gay, and colored characters and heroes in comics. Typically though, the most successful examples of these characters aren't the ones featured on the View that involve changing (or usurping the name) of one of the top selling heroes in comics. I think this effort doesn't boost visibility of 'strong female characters' (ugh, hate that term anyways) in comics because we know it's at best a three year change, likely far less - what the comic universe needs are characters that break the mold and that are designed to stick around for the long term. The diverse cast within Young Avengers and Runaways are great examples of what I'm talking about. When major characters are altered for the sake of increased sales by playing a minority card, it feels shallow and does disservice to longstanding icons, and just often isn't written well. Remember when all the papers were reporting on how DC was going to make an 'A-list character' gay, and then they changed Alan Scott, and the writing was poor, and even those fans who really wanted more gay characters in comics saw that the whole thing was kind of a sham?

Anyways, I'm sure I'm only contributing to a lot of overreaction in this thread.

Good things that could come out of this:

1) It's written well. Hopefully it's fun, engaging, and the fight scenes are cool.
2) It either is used to boost the prominence of a pre-existing female character, or at the very least it's a new character with the potential to stick around. Eventually, once 'Thor the Unworthy' runs out of story potential, Thor Odinson should get his powers back, but this new character shouldn't disappear into smoke.
3) More people read comics.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think that's actually Thor.

I'm getting the same vibe after seeing that unworthy Thor

as for the idea of a female Thor i'm fine with it, After all a Thor has been a Frog for ****s sake

Originally posted by Existere

Good things that could come out of this:

1) It's written well. Hopefully it's fun, engaging, and the fight scenes are cool.
2) It either is used to boost the prominence of a pre-existing female character, or at the very least it's a new character with the potential to stick around. Eventually, once 'Thor the Unworthy' runs out of story potential, Thor Odinson should get his powers back, but this new character shouldn't disappear into smoke.
3) More people read comics.

thumb up

as usual the people who are bitching "I don't like dem changes" etc....want things to remain the same for another 10, 20 years and lets things get stale.

Q99
Yea, exactly. It's not like this is a second- or third- tier character dying meaning a decade-or-two drought of stories on them.

This is a shake-things-up temporarily event, and it's a better one than killing off Thor *again*

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/1_500_zps02547dc0.jpg~original

pym-ftw
I Just wish she wasn't called Thor, that's the really dumb part.

ares834
Originally posted by Kazenji
thumb up

as usual the people who are bitching "I don't like dem changes" etc....want things to remain the same for another 10, 20 years and lets things get stale.

Lmao

No. I (and I'm sure many others) don't mind changes. What we don't like is the character that we enjoy being shoved aside for another.

But keep throwing around straw mans rather than responding to others well reasoned points. thumb up

Kazenji
Lmao

No. I (and I'm sure many others) don't mind changes. What we don't like is the character that we enjoy being shoved aside for another.
:

Doesn't seem to be being pushed aside if you've seen the picture of that unworthy Thor

i think there's something else going on which hasn't been said/revealed.

Oh look its the opinion police.

ares834
laughing out loud

I'm the opinion police?! Lmao. I never once insulted anyone's opinion. If you think this is a cool idea, then more power to you. I simply called you out your blatant straw man.

Kazenji
laughing out loud

I'm the opinion police?! Lmao. I never once insulted anyone's opinion. If you think this is a cool idea, then more power to you. I simply called you out your blatant straw man.

Sorry for giving my view on the whole situation roll eyes (sarcastic) didn't realise it was some sort of internet crime, Jackass

Seriously this whole thing reminds me of 'Tanarus God of Thunder'...oh no Thor is being replaced for the long run, Which of course didn't it didn't happened.

abhilegend
Bwahaha. That's just hilarious for so many reasons.

JayDaDon
Lol I kind of wish things would stay the same for like 2 seconds. Things have been ALL over the map in Marvel for the most part since Civil War. There have been very little stale moments or status quo. It's been SOOOO many gimmicks.

Kazenji
I liked it back when Dark Reign was happening the most.

krisblaze
Disappointed to see this after the Tanarus disaster.

Branlor Swift
I can't wait until Rage changes his tone and starts defending Shor on the forums. It'll be even better once Male Thor beats the totally real woman Thor akin to Ulik Thor.

All this and Angela is going to really test his Asgardian religion in the coming months.

abhilegend
Shor?

crylaugh

Q99
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Lol I kind of wish things would stay the same for like 2 seconds. Things have been ALL over the map in Marvel for the most part since Civil War. There have been very little stale moments or status quo. It's been SOOOO many gimmicks.

That's their business plan at the moment. Do an event, keep the status quote, minor changes every 6 months, major changes ever 2 years.

Bentley
The only real Thor is Otto Octavius, or Ben Railly, your pick.

leonidas
i REALLLLY hope it's not angela. can't see it tbh. i wanted her to be a strong character on her own, not become the next big money grab. could this work though? absolutely. i do wonder if she'll just keep her own hammer at the end ala bill. the best part of this is the editor referencing marvel's strongest female characters and naming ms marvel, storm and black widow. prior to the avengers movie bw was no where near a household name. storm is likely the most prominent of the marvel females still, least imo, but is no where even close to her male counterparts and of course, me marvel, while a decent character imo, does not even rate a mention in terms of prominent characters in marvel. that he names those 3 really goes a long way to show the straits marvel is in regarding female charatcers. maybe this new girl (once she gets her own f'n name ffs) will help change that.....

Mindship
If there's a movie, Gal Godot's got another job.

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
i REALLLLY hope it's not angela. can't see it tbh. i wanted her to be a strong character on her own, not become the next big money grab. could this work though? absolutely. i do wonder if she'll just keep her own hammer at the end ala bill. the best part of this is the editor referencing marvel's strongest female characters and naming ms marvel, storm and black widow. prior to the avengers movie bw was no where near a household name. storm is likely the most prominent of the marvel females still, least imo, but is no where even close to her male counterparts and of course, me marvel, while a decent character imo, does not even rate a mention in terms of prominent characters in marvel. that he names those 3 really goes a long way to show the straits marvel is in regarding female charatcers. maybe this new girl (once she gets her own f'n name ffs) will help change that.....

The sad part is the lack of She-Hulk in that list, BW actually has had a nice amount of minis under her belt, many more than other famed female characters in Marvel - Sue Storm comes to mind-.

80sBaby
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/1_500_zps02547dc0.jpg~original

Hahaha awesome

80sBaby
Originally posted by abhilegend
Shor?

crylaugh

I'm calling her Thot. :-)

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Bentley
The only real Thor is Otto Octavius, or Ben Railly, your pick.

Lol only a Kang fan.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
Originally posted by Bentley
The sad part is the lack of She-Hulk in that list, BW actually has had a nice amount of minis under her belt, many more than other famed female characters in Marvel - Sue Storm comes to mind-.

i read one mini and liked it. not sure about the others. sue should have been mentioned and has become a solid character. she hulk has fallen off the map completely. elekra at least had her own movie and her own series briefly as well as some minis. but still we're both reaching a little. fact is the females<<<<<<<<<<<<<<males in marvel. at least dc has wonderwoman. her name recognition globally would literally dwarf any female marvel character i'd wager.

i just hope this thor-girl (how lame is that?? lol) turns out better than the last one. speaking of, whatever DID happen to tarene??

krisblaze
Originally posted by leonidas

i just hope this thor-girl (how lame is that?? lol) turns out better than the last one. speaking of, whatever DID happen to tarene??

She joined the initiative and had this terrible appearance in WWH.

Then she had another dumb appearance in Fear Itself, got her powers back, deemed earth 'unworthy' and took off.

leonidas
lol glorious ending to her career....

Epicurus
Separate. Apparently, the real Thor is going to use that one celestial killing axe (forgot it's name).
Jarnbjorn.

emporerpants
Well, in an interview, the writer for Thor said that Thor will fight this new Thor at some point. It's pretty obvious they are going to make Dude Thor lose that fight to hype up the new Thor. *sigh*

MF DELPH
Wait til this female Thor has a threesome with Sif and Amora.

God flow scissoring.

Placidity
Haha eat it Thor fans.

At least they'll never change SuperMAN or BatMAN into a woman.

The feminism is strong with Disney. Even stronger than DC's Wonder Woman, that is truly amazing.

I hope we get to see Whor getting smashed by Hulk.

Kazenji
^

But they haven't changed Thor into a woman, The original is still Thor Odinson.

Existere
Originally posted by Placidity
Haha eat it Thor fans.

no expression

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/6.5_Supergirls.png

Combined, I think there are over a dozen iterations of Supergirl and Superwoman.

Half a dozen iterations of Batwoman and Batgirl.

This is a female taking on the Thor mantle. The same happens more often to either Bruce or Clark than perhaps any other comic book character ever.

Placidity
Originally posted by Existere
no expression

Supergirl and Superwoman.

Batwoman and Batgirl.

(Kazenji has a point though).

Kazenji
Its in a link from Jason Aaron

it explains some of it

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54083

so we have the original Thor (Thor Odinson) and now this new Female character which will be also be cal;ed Thor blink

i find it odd that they're treating the Thor name as some sort of code name

Rao Kal El
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/superman-thor_zpsf2300609.jpg

krisblaze
That would be funnier if Thor actually turned into a woman.

He didn't.

Placidity

I'm all for gender equality and more women in comics

That would be foolish. It never stops at "equality".

First of all, how can she be called Thor? How does that even make sense? It's like Catwoman becoming Batman and people calling her Bruce Wayne.

laughing

Raisen
you guys didn't hear that this change was fan based?

Placidity
Don't be naive.

I hope Marvel loses A LOT of money. Hopefully they will learn. But probably not.

Raisen
Don't be naive.

I hope Marvel loses A LOT of money.

there's an article that it was fan voted.

Mindship
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/superman-thor_zpsf2300609.jpg Yes. Exactly what I was thinking of.

Rao Kal El
On a serious note.

I dont like this change.

Thor should stay a man, if there is any consolation the return of the real thor will be epic, that is something that thorbags can look forward

pym-ftw
Tbf real Thor will probably be busy jobbing to Angela...

Philosophía
Originally posted by krisblaze
That would be funnier if Thor actually turned into a woman.

He didn't. Kris Blaze resurrects, to defend Thor's man parts.

Rage will finally masturbate to Thor without questioning his sexuality.

All is right in the world.

Wei Phoenix
Haha eat it Thor fans.

The feminism is strong with Disney. Even stronger than DC's Wonder Woman, that is truly amazing.

I hope we get to see Whor getting smashed by Hulk.

Quite disturbing.

80sBaby
Eric Masterson was also called Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really the same situation.

Overlooking the fact that Eric was a man, he actually hid his real identity and pretended to be the real Thor. He never pretended he was Thor or whatever as Marvel tried to bill this.

Now that my initial outrage has subsided I don't particularly mind this direction. It's something new at the very least.

As long as this is written and handled well, the quality of GOT doesn't suffer, Thor isn't side-lined and purposefully treated poorly (Whether physically or in terms of personality/character/morality) just to make the Female Thor look good, I'll be fine with this being long term tbh (I.e. 2 years at most).

I just don't see what female character in the Marvel Universe is worthy of Mjolnir.

pym-ftw
I'm guessing Carol

Placidity
Originally posted by Raisen
there's an article that it was fan voted.

Like I said, don't be naive.

Feminists insert and label themselves as "fans" when they don't know jack about it. Same thing happened to video games. A single feminist - who pretended she was a gamer (she wasn't and knew nothing about games), was able to put enough pressure to change a main character into a female. They are invading every medium and planting their feminist flag on it.

How do you decide real readers from these fake fans with an agenda?

The chance of the article having any credibility is 0%. There is also an "article" that says half the reader base is female. Do you believe that as well?

KMC has a good sample size, take a poll of confirmed readers and their genders - and who would vote in favor of this change. Or just based on your experience, has the feedback been positive? Where are all these people that voted for it?

Lek Kuen
Once you said feminists can't be fans of comics or games you lost all credibility and just come off as a sexist jackass.

Hate this change all you want, hate games with females all you want. But the notion that feminist and I'm sure most women can't be comic fans or gamers just because they want more women is ****ing stupid. And you should spread your hate elsewhere. Unless you are going to look into me and my history, all the shit I've played and read and my actual thoughts on things. And tell me I don't like ****ing video games and comics because I happen to be a feminist

-K-M-
I have no problem with females characters taking the spotlight as Marvel does have some great characters. To me this seems forced. They probably will change her name from Thor though. Can't see them keeping it for her.

I bet it will sell very well at the start too.

Placidity
Once you said feminists can't be fans of comics or games you lost all credibility and just come off as a sexist jackass.

Show me where I said that?

You think labeling me as "sexist" is going to work? It's a common feminist tactic - just use shaming labels like "sexist" and "hate" to avoid presenting a legitimate argument - because you have none.

I happen to be a feminist

I hope you are a woman, otherwise its just pathetic.

You lost all credibility when you revealed you follow Sailor Moon. I'm not even going to bother showing you how brainwashed you are.

Lek Kuen
Your talk on how equality is never enough, feminist pretend to be fans and aren't and general hostility show damn well how you think and what you meant. Yeah I'm pathetic for wanting more of something, but wanting less isn't pathetic at all. And nice job equating my liking a tv show with showing open hostility to a gender.

All I'm seeing is another piece of shit mouthing off about how women try to ruin everything, and anyone who wants to see more is a brainwashed tool. Go back to your hate sites if that's all you want to do, with the fellow like minded scum until you die out.

Badabing
Okay, this thread has run its course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.