Your favorite character vs Their appearances

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Branlor Swift
So, with me having a recent revelation regarding Surfer, I thought it'd be interesting reading thoughts on other people's liked/favorite characters without them trying to prove one character is way better than another. This is by no means limited to your favorite character either. I'm just basing this on one of my favorite heroes.

I'll separate them into three segments of my choosing, but by no means is it limited to that (writers, timeframes, forms, etc). You will then pit those characters against each other and see who reigns supreme.

The one I'll be following is:

Their own series. If they don't have one, their main team book.

Their guest appearances in well known books/team books. JLA, Avengers, big known name books, etc.

Their guest appearances in lesser known books. Basically the books that are bordering on cancelation. Or along the veins of Alpha Flight.

----

Surfer's main books: He's portrayed fairly powerful, but with his fair share of losses. This is where most of his high feats come from, as well as his important history is formed.

Surfer's well known appearances: He is usually portrayed in a sketchy light in terms of power and characterization. He is usually a good deal under his normal power in his main books. There's a good chance he is getting knocked out without accomplishing anything. Mind you he has decent Hulk appearances and his appearance in DD had him solely fighting Mephisto. Still, those seem against the grain.
Examples: Thor, Spider-Man, Defenders, early F4 books

Surfer's lesser known appearances (in low starpower books): Ridiculous. He doesn't mess around, and usually is brought in to outright embarrass whoever the threat is or just a deus ex machina to save the day. There are very few times when he'll get a "bad" feat in these appearances. He's basically "high end" Surfer most of the time.
Examples: Cable/Deadpool (debatable but still), Strange Tales, Marvel Comics Presents has some big ones, Clandestine (he appeared solely to send Adam back to Earth), etc.

Surfer's lesser appearances IMO outdo his main books in terms of power on average. While both completely outdo his big name guest appearances.

Based on averages, LKA Surfer beats Main Book Surfer IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.