Zaheer's Squad vs Aang, Katara, Toph and Azula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based
The four benders from hell take on team Avatar with Azula. They fight on an empty pro bending arena stadium. Who wins?

KingD19
Katara, Toph, and Azula run interference.

Aang goes Avatar State.

Actually, is this the adult versions? Or teenie boppers?

ares834
Zaheer's squad takes this (aside from perhaps AS),

Based
Fvck sorry, no Avatar state. And yes, this is the children team Avatar.

ares834
Then Zaheer's team stomps. TBH, I doubt they could even handle P'Li and one of the other benders.

Sacred 117
This is a little off-topic, but am I the only one that finds Azula taking Zuko's place on Team Avatar slightly off?

KingD19
For most of the series she was better than him. Makes sense.

But end of series Team Avatar I'd say take it. They faced some pretty serious threats and the quality of bending seems to have dropped a bit in the future.

Based
Originally posted by Sacred 117
This is a little off-topic, but am I the only one that finds Azula taking Zuko's place on Team Avatar slightly off?

Cause team Avatar with Zuko and Iroh can't even land a hit on Azula. They're gonna need her a lot more than Zuko.

AuraAngel
Iroh is tougher than Azula. Zuko is more willing to use teamwork.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Iroh is tougher than Azula. Zuko is more willing to use teamwork.

That, and didn't end-series Zuko basically beat Azula (before she f**king cheated, that is)?

Also, (again, off-topic) Iroh should be his own religion. awesome

KingD19
Azula was great at teamwork. She, Ty Lee and Mai were like a well oiled machine. It was out of fear on the other girls part, but you can't say Azula isn't a team player if it meets her goals.

Iroh is a better Firebender though, especially after he gets back in shape.

As for Zuko beating Azula, we didn't see her fight at full potential. She was batshit crazy at the time. Zuko even mentions it and tells Katara something is wrong with his sister, like something is off about her. Although I think he definitely would have matched her or possibly won in a slim victory if she had been 100% due to his intensive training and learning the true meaning of firebending.

ares834
Originally posted by KingD19
But end of series Team Avatar I'd say take it. They faced some pretty serious threats and the quality of bending seems to have dropped a bit in the future.

Combustion Man alone was able to nearly defeat Team Avatar. P'Li and another is more than enough to win this.

KingD19
Originally posted by ares834
Combustion Man alone was able to nearly defeat Team Avatar. P'Li and another is more than enough to win this.

He nearly beat them due to ambush, superior positioning, and them being unaware of his abilities or how to fight him. But in the end Sokka took him out with a boomerang.

Her abilities are copy/paste of Sparky Sparky Boom Man so they know how to fight her. P'li and one more person won't be enough.

Toph can counter anything Ghazan does because she's the best Earthbender/Metalbender period, matched only by Bumi and Aang.

Katara is one of the best Waterbenders ever.

Etc, etc...

ares834
Sokka got lucky when he took him out. Beside that Team Avatar was completely unable to do anything to him and he forced them to run several times.

KingD19
Because he always got the drop on them.

This isn't an ambush where P'li can start off blasting them before they know what's going on. It's a forum fight in a pro bending arena.

The location doesn't favor P'li, but it does favor more than half of team Avatar.

ares834
Didn't notice they were fighting in an arena. Perhaps it will take more than two benders to win this. Still, doesn't change Zaheer's team from winning.

KingD19
How?

They aren't better than the best that Team Avatar has faced.

Do you think Ghazan can beat Toph? Tied for most powerful Earthbender with Bumi and the originator of Metalbending?

Do you think Ming-Hua can beat Katara?

Do you honestly think P'li can beat Azula? Who was essentially untouchable the entirety of the series?

You think Zaheer can beat Aang? Not only one of the best and most creative Airbenders ever, but the Avatar who has access to all forms of bending?

Zaheer's team has been around for 2-4 episodes and have fought mostly mooks with no feats to speak of.

When they did fight people worthy of mention(Zuko, Tanraq, Eska/Desna, Kya) they took advantage of several factors. But due to their impressive, yet limited appearances. It's not wise to claim they're unbeatable especially when Team Avatar has numerous feats to pull from, many of which are equally or more impressive.

ares834
They aren't better than the best that Team Avatar has faced.

Team Avatar never faced a team this powerful.

Originally posted by KingD19 Do you think Ghazan can beat Toph? Tied for most powerful Earthbender with Bumi and the originator of Metalbending?

Bumi>Toph

And considering that Ghazan just beat Zuko I could certainly see him giving Toph one hell of a fight.

Originally posted by KingD19 Do you think Ming-Hua can beat Katara?

Probably not. Although she did effortlessly take out the twins.

Edit: This is probably a toss up now that I think about it.

Originally posted by KingD19 Do you honestly think P'li can beat Azula? Who was essentially untouchable the entirety of the series?

Yes.

no expression

No contest really. The raw power of the combustion blast is pretty much unmatched. Only Bloodbending is a more haxed power. P'Li is the main reason I see her team winning this. She easily took out both the dragon and Tonraq. And I see her doing the same to most of team Avatar.

Originally posted by KingD19 You think Zaheer can beat Aang? Not only one of the best and most creative Airbenders ever, but the Avatar who has access to all forms of bending?

Give him one hell of a fight for sure.

wakkawakkawakka
How does the location not favor P'li? If anything she has an even greater advantage since Toph hardly has anything to work with and considering she countered Dragon fire I have my doubts about Azula unless she gets some lightning out.

Katara appears to be the weakest link of this lineup but Aang could probably compensate.

King Joker
Definitely Zaheer and his group.

marwash22
imo, a more even match would be Zahir's crew vs Iroh's White Lotus crew.

HST Gambit
Since we are only going by how strong they were as kids.

Ghazan<Toph so far

Ming Hua>Katara

P'li>Azula

Zaheer<Aang

King Joker
Originally posted by HST Gambit
Since we are only going by how strong they were as kids.

Ghazan<Toph so far

Ming Hua>Katara

P'li>Azula thumb up

Originally posted by HST Gambit
Zaheer<Aang
Just airbending?

AuraAngel
Gonna be that guy: the Gaang and Azula have better feats than Zaheer and pals lol.

marwash22
better combat feats? i disagree.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Toph has better feats than Ghazan but that's just because she Toph. Aang compositely is also more impressive than Zaheer: I think their airbending is about equal due to Zaheer's more offensive fighting style

Not seeing it for Katara or Azula though.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by marwash22
better combat feats? i disagree.

We're 5 episodes in and they haven't been that impressive.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well Toph has better feats than Ghazan but that's just because she Toph. Aang compositely is also more impressive than Zaheer: I think their airbending is about equal due to Zaheer's more offensive fighting style

Not seeing it for Katara or Azula though.

Toph is actually at a pretty distinct disadvantage due to the lack of earth. Probending area rocks actually kinda suck since they break on impact. Still arguably has the best defense on her team due to being able to sense the opponents moves.

Azula is better than Zuko, who could block Combustion Man's attack. It would knock him back but not hurt him at all. Considering P'Li's was blocked by an ice wall(at least from doing excessive damage) it is likely not much, if at all, stronger than the original third eye.

Katara on the other hand has simply done more than no arms lady. She could take on a whole battleship of people by flooding the darn thing.

Aang is the strongest bender of the old series even without the Avatar State and even in season one could take on ships almost by himself. By the end he could take out a metal airship with a few attacks, though admittedly one of them was a comet powered fire attack.

marwash22
they haven't displayed bending on a large scale, but in terms of pure combat, they've already proved to be leagues above the Aang Gang. Zahir and co. are fighting like Naruto ninja.

King Joker
Ming Hua crushing Eska & Desna is insanely impressive. And Eska & Desna are extremely good waterbenders.

Based

Toph is actually at a pretty distinct disadvantage due to the lack of earth. Probending area rocks actually kinda suck since they break on impact. Still arguably has the best defense on her team due to being able to sense the opponents moves.

Isn't the arena made up of rock? They can't use it in an actual pro bending game but this isn't a game.

KingD19
She didn't really crush them. She surprised them after evading their spike field.

And yes, they're standing on a stone platform, but you can only use the discs during the game. The platform and most of the arena is metal and stone, so Toph and Aang have no problems on that front.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by marwash22
they haven't displayed bending on a large scale, but in terms of pure combat, they've already proved to be leagues above the Aang Gang. Zahir and co. are fighting like Naruto ninja.

What about them makes them more impressive?

Originally posted by King Joker
Ming Hua crushing Eska & Desna is insanely impressive. And Eska & Desna are extremely good waterbenders.

Water benders who can't escape being frozen are none too impressive.

King Joker
She didn't really crush them. She surprised them after evading their spike field.
Ming was evading all of their attacks and advancing fast. If they fought again, I don't think the outcome would be much different.

marwash22
this chick has arms made of water... it hasn't been tried yet, but if two or more water benders are unable to restrict her movements it means she's one helluva waterbender.

KingD19
I don't think anyone has tried. Because that would be logical and totally ruin Ming-Hua's badass.

marwash22
What about them makes them more impressive?

visually, they are depicted as better combatants.

Aang, for all his bending prowess was a defensive fighter who can't/won't seriously hurt someone, and i can't really recall him beating anyone of any significance w/o using the AS.

Toph, despite her seismic sense, would be at a disadvantage against every member of Zahir's crew. Ming has already displayed more technical and precise waterbending than Katara.

Azula is the only legit threat to Zahir's crew.

marwash22
I don't think anyone has tried. Because that would be logical and totally ruin Ming-Hua's badass. i hope it is tried and she simply overpowers them, making her more of a badass.

wakkawakkawakka

Azula is better than Zuko, who could block Combustion Man's attack. It would knock him back but not hurt him at all. Considering P'Li's was blocked by an ice wall(at least from doing excessive damage) it is likely not much, if at all, stronger than the original third eye.

Katara on the other hand has simply done more than no arms lady. She could take on a whole battleship of people by flooding the darn thing.

Aang is the strongest bender of the old series even without the Avatar State and even in season one could take on ships almost by himself. By the end he could take out a metal airship with a few attacks, though admittedly one of them was a comet powered fire attack.
Toph's overall the better earthbender but lava would be a pain.

As for Aang , I did agree on him being more impressive than Zaheer however if it's just airbending I'm not entirely set on who's superior.

Didn't P'li block dragon fire which should be greater than Azula's on the grounds of being an original firebender and whatnot

Still not seeing the argument for Katara. While she's done more she's the least combat effective person in this match aside from hax bloodbending. I say from the little we saw of Ming Hua she's still more than enough to handle Katara.

NemeBro
Katara has twice beaten Azula in a fair fight.

She'd crush suitcase sally.

yungz22
We have to wait a see all of the feats zaheers team will perform this season before deciding

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by NemeBro
Katara has twice beaten Azula in a fair fight.

She'd crush suitcase sally.
When did she beat Azula the first time?

NemeBro
Katara was crushing that Fire princess ass during their fight in the season 2 finale. Zuko had to bail her out.

wakkawakkawakka
Wasn't Azula also fighting Aang? I''ll just watch the season 2 finale again. However didn't Katara struggle with Zuko afterwards?

marwash22
Katara had Azula dead to rights using tentacles and Zuko put a fire kick between them to break up Katara's hold. The second fight doesn't count, imo, 'cause Azula was losing her shit.

Azula is a better fighter, i chalk up Katara winning the cavefight to having the elemental advantage.

wakkawakkawakka
Katara was crushing that Fire princess ass during their fight in the season 2 finale. Zuko had to bail her out. Originally posted by marwash22
Katara had Azula dead to rights using tentacles and Zuko put a fire kick between them to break up Katara's hold. The second fight doesn't count, imo, 'cause Azula was losing her shit.

Azula is a better fighter, i chalk up Katara's winning the cavefight to having the elemental advantage.
Alright I did a YouTube check and found out what you folks were talking about.

I still stand by my view on Katara especially when you take the setting into account.

King Joker
Katara was crushing that Fire princess ass during their fight in the season 2 finale. Zuko had to bail her out.
thumb up

Based
Zaheer's team stomps I think after tonight.

King Joker
Originally posted by Based
thumb up x100000000

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by Based

Actually I thought they were less impressive tonight.

Mako, Bolin, Lin, Suyin and her kids along with fodder metalbenders were able to handle them just fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.