Hulk run the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3

Arachnid1
Godzilla rocks him, the FF rock him, the X-men rock him, Thor rocks him. Almost everyone here stops him.

Impediment
During the Chitauri invasion, Hulk was being pummeled by a swarm of Chitauri warriors to the point where he was kneeling down and not shown fighting.

Ruffalo Hulk gets stomped.

Time Immemorial
Yea this is pretty much a non gauntlet and spite.

FrothByte
He can probably beat King Kong, and maybe Thor if Thor decides to fight dumb. He's not beating the rest.

Silent Master
I'm not sure the Hulk can win a single fight.

Time Immemorial
Breaking Kongs legs? If that's even possible.

NemeBro
Anyone who thinks Hulk would lose to King Kong should kill themselves.

Kotor3
Wow. Did not expect these responses. Hulk not winning a match I hope is a joke. He seemed pretty unstoppable to me in the Avengers.

juggerman
Originally posted by Kotor3
Wow. Did not expect these responses. Hulk not winning a match I hope is a joke. He seemed pretty unstoppable to me in the Avengers.

Compared to.....?

TheVaultDweller
Hulk can take Kong... that's about it. Maybe a single sentinel.

FF - If Sue goes invisible Hulk can't even see her, so how will he attack her? Same if Johnny goes airborne and uses his flight speed. Maybe a thunderclap could knock him out of the sky, but that is highly unlikely. It is questionable whether he can seriously hurt Mister Fantastic, and Thing has some impressive strength feats himself.

Godzilla - Unless Zilla swallows him and he doesn't get digested or something, and can attack her from the inside, there isn't shit he can do to seriously hurt her.

X-men - WAY too many of them with different powers for him to beat everyone. This one in particular is an absolute shitstomp against him.

Future sentinels - This one is somewhat interesting. I wonder how a sentinel will hold out against a leviathan punch. We've never seen any of the future sentinels take that level of impact. Closest thing we have is the x-jet explosion, and that in fact did seem to destroy some of them.

Thor - If Thor actually uses his full range of abilities, the Hulk is getting his ass kicked.

StealthRanger
King Kong's th only one he could beat

Godzilla and Thor stomp him

The others, well if Chitauri weapons could give him pause, then theose guys could probably at least inconvenience him. X-Men are too fast for him, some of them anyways

DTM
Personally Id say he could solidly beat Kong, probably the FF, possibly Thor, but not All the X-Men, or the future Sentinels, and definately not Godzilla.

Raisen
Originally posted by DTM
Personally Id say he could solidly beat Kong, probably the FF, possibly Thor, but not All the X-Men, or the future Sentinels, and definately not Godzilla.

I agree

TheVaultDweller
Can you guys please explain to me how you think he could possibly beat Thor and the FF, but not a single future sentinel? Because the OP doesn't mention sentinels (plural), just one.

Thor, using only melee, was able to fight on fairly equal terms with an angry Hulk. So if he starts using his flight, weather manip. etc. I don't see Hulk standing much of a chance.

The FF offer too much versatility IMO. No one has even cared to explain how he is going to tag a woman who can turn invisible and has powers that can simulate TK. Or her brother, who can just go airborne, and is fast enough to race heat seeking missiles and keep up with the Surfer. And do this while also contending with Mister Fantastic and The Thing.

Kotor3
I haven't seen Godzilla so I can speak on that one. Thor is the only definite win that I see. X-Men unless Xavier can control him I see no one taking out the Hulk unless they are able to knock him out.

The only thing I see is people pissing the hulk off which will do nothing but make him more angry and stronger. So I don't ever see the sentinels adapting to his strength.

FF. They could win but it will be because of Reed doing something intelligent that renders him KO.

I would like to hear how the Hulk gets stomped.

Newjak
I can see him beating Kong and the Future Sentinel for a high if not total majority.

FrothByte
I haven't seen Godzilla so I can speak on that one. Thor is the only definite win that I see. X-Men unless Xavier can control him I see no one taking out the Hulk unless they are able to knock him out.

The only thing I see is people pissing the hulk off which will do nothing but make him more angry and stronger. So I don't ever see the sentinels adapting to his strength.

FF. They could win but it will be because of Reed doing something intelligent that renders him KO.

I would like to hear how the Hulk gets stomped.

Well you did say it was all X-men members from every version, so does that include Phoenix? Or you could get Rogue to siphon Hulk's powers. Granted, it may probably kill her, but it should weaken Hulk enough that the rest of the members can go for a KO.

TheVaultDweller
I haven't seen Godzilla so I can speak on that one.

If you did, you'd know that that Hulk vs Godzilla is like you in thick boots vs a rabies infested maltese poodle biting at your ankles.

X-Men unless Xavier can control him I see no one taking out the Hulk unless they are able to knock him out.

Hulk doesn't have PIS and an adamantium skeleton going for him, so Phoenix Jean could probably solo.

Hulk doesn't have the versatility to be able to take them all out. He won't even be able to touch the Storm siblings, if both use their brains and powers properly. And the team know how to work together, and have the smartest man on earth as their leader, so should be able to come up with a plan to take down Hulk.

Like I said, Hulk takes Kong solidly and can probably dish out enough damage to beat a single future sentinel, but the rest beat him.

Kotor3
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well you did say it was all X-men members from every version, so does that include Phoenix? Or you could get Rogue to siphon Hulk's powers. Granted, it may probably kill her, but it should weaken Hulk enough that the rest of the members can go for a KO.

Ok. Well the X-Men definitely can pull off a win but I was hearing stomping on the Hulk. At the same time I am sure Rogue would be able to maintain an hold on the hulk long enough to weaken him.

Either way I could see the X-Men winning and losing. Yes you can include the Phoenix if you want. The X-Men are not going to win if they try to match brute for brute or confront the Hulk straight on.

Newjak
Would we include future Magneto from DOFP as an X-Men?

TheVaultDweller
Ok. Well the X-Men definitely can pull off a win but I was hearing stomping on the Hulk.

If you allow for Phoenix Jean, it is a stomp. There is nothing Hulk can do to counter her. She could spend the whole day flinging him around like a rag doll, and then use TK to rip his head off once she is bored.

Newjak
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
If you allow for Phoenix Jean, it is a stomp. There is nothing Hulk can do to counter her. She could spend the whole day flinging him around like a rag doll, and then use TK to rip his head off once she is bored. The Hulk is fairly durable so I don't think it would be something she could easily

Silent Master
Movie Hulk has zero TP resistance and the X-men has TP users, it's not hard to figure out who wins.

Kotor3

Kotor3
Originally posted by Silent Master
Movie Hulk has zero TP resistance and the X-men has TP users, it's not hard to figure out who wins.

Why you have seen someone control the Hulk through TP?

Kotor3
If you allow for Phoenix Jean, it is a stomp. There is nothing Hulk can do to counter her. She could spend the whole day flinging him around like a rag doll, and then use TK to rip his head off once she is bored.

Totally disagree. She has shown nothing that shows she would be able to just rip the Hulks head off. Her attacks would do nothing but piss the Hulk off which just adds to his power.

Time Immemorial

He is controlled by his emotions and those people around him, someone who can control his conscious and dictate what he sees's and how he feels is an easy task.

Time Immemorial
Totally disagree. She has shown nothing that shows she would be able to just rip the Hulks head off. Her attacks would do nothing but piss the Hulk off which just adds to his power.

Avengers Hulk does not have the madder he gets the stronger he gets feature. He was subdued by Chirari laser fire.

Phoenix Force>Chitari Lasers>Hulk

Silent Master

Loki.

Robtard
-Hulk takes out Kong

-Thing could likely stalemate with Hulk for a while, enough for Sue to lock him in a force-field; then Torch can super-nova.

-Hulk could likely take out Godzilla in time, since Godzilla would likely never hit something that small and mobile. Might be a stalemate.

-Xavier calms Hulk and reverts him back to Banner; they all go out for ice-cream afterward.

-An exploding X-jet was able to destroy multiple Sentinels, I see no reason why Hulk couldn't smash one to pieces, especially considering they're designed to absorb/counter genetic mutant powers, which Hulk isn't.

-We already saw the Thor fight.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
He is controlled by his emotions and those people around him, someone who can control his conscious and dictate what he sees's and how he feels is an easy task.

You mean a particular emotion, 'Anger'. Love is the only other one I recall seeing which can calm him down.

So, if Xavier can control his mind then the fight is over if not then the X-Men are in trouble. Since the Hulk's mind is such a small fragment of what Banner's is, I have no idea if TP would work on him.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Avengers Hulk does not have the madder he gets the stronger he gets feature. He was subdued by Chirari laser fire.

Phoenix Force>Chitari Lasers>Hulk

Subdued: to conquer and bring into subjection.

I do not recall this. When did this occur? Subdued is a strong word. Delaying an individual is not subduing. Please refresh my memory.

Kotor3
Loki.

What scene in Avengers did this occur in? I do not remember.

Silent Master
What scene in Avengers did this occur in? I do not remember.

The scene where Loki was amping the entire teams anger and caused Banner to lose control and attack his teammates on the helicarrier.

TheVaultDweller

quanchi112
Hulk clears.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk clears.

Mail me some of whatever you've been smoking. Sounds like quite a trip from reality.

quanchi112
Mail me some of whatever you've been smoking. Sounds like quite a trip from reality. I don't do drugs. That is the way of the weak who avoid perils and problems like Robbie.

Kotor3
The scene where Loki was amping the entire teams anger and caused Banner to lose control and attack his teammates on the helicarrier.

I will review. I do not recall the scene in the way you do. I will re-watch the scene again.

Kotor3

juggerman
Hulk has never shown a significant healing factor or the ability to amp his strength the angrier he gets in the movies. Comics yes but not movies.

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Hulk has never shown a significant healing factor or the ability to amp his strength the angrier he gets in the movies. Comics yes but not movies.

He did the 'anger = strength' in the 2008 flick, which is connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

But with Ruffalo's depiction of Banner being in control, he seems to be extremely strong already right at transformation.

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
He did the 'anger = strength' in the 2008 flick, which is connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

You're right. It wasn't a dynamic shift though.

Originally posted by Robtard
But with Ruffalo's depiction of Banner being in control, he seems to be extremely strong already right at transformation.

Like comic Hulk

TheVaultDweller

Kotor3
Do you really think Phoenix, who can levitate a house (before she even really cut loose at the end of the film) is going to have an issue levitating the Hulk?

Well, judging by what she was doing at the end of X3, I personally believe that she has more than enough power to hurt the Hulk. If Abomination's spikes can get through his skin, I believe she can.

Clearly we are going to have to agree to disagree. I also disagree that 90% of that team is going to be irrelevant.

As for a strategy: Blink opens a portal. Phoenix tk lifts Hulk so just his head is sticking through. Blink closes the portal. Hulk gets decapitated. Unless you are going to suggest that Blink won't be able to close the portal because of Hulk's neck muscles.

My point is we have more than enough people on this team that equal or trumps Sidious in various areas:
Jean > Sidious in TK
Xavier & Jean > Sidious in TP
Storm > Sidious in electrical blast
Havoks energy rings were shown to cut through solid metal statues with ease ala lightsaber.

But irrelevant, because Blink + Phoenix can take out the Hulk, even if Phoenix can't pierce his skin on her own.

Johnny's supernova contained within Sue's shield is likely to at least KO him. As to Thing, I base this on the fact that nothing has actually been shown to seriously hurt him. Rock him (see what I did there), sure. But not much more than that.

I am well aware of that scene. I have watched that film multiple times. But the way Hulk uses his anger in the 2 films is totally different. In the Incredible Hulk, all Bruce could do, in his own words, was aim the Hulk at something. He had no more control than that. Hulk was on another level in Avengers. He showed to be in control of his anger in Avengers, and as such, never got a rage induced amp in that film. So there is an argument as to whether he even could. But anyway, this is neither here nor there. Even if he does get stronger the angrier he gets, pure physical strength is not going to help him against a lot of the opponents you pitted him against.

Ok. Fair enough. I am going to make a new thread with most of the same characters but someone more powerful than the Hulk.

juggerman
Ok. Fair enough. I am going to make a new thread with most of the same characters but someone more powerful than the Hulk.

Thor? Kurse? Superman? Batfleck?

Kotor3
Thread is made. Take a look.

juggerman
And it's spite against the team

Kotor3
All my threads are spite. I can't win.

juggerman
Well you picked someone that can fly faster than light, reverse time, breathe in space and mind wipe people. It's a little spitey. And by a little I mean a shit load of spite

Kotor3
New thread made. Hope it is more fun.

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
You're right. It wasn't a dynamic shift though.

Pretty much just like how a normal human can get a strength boost with anger.

juggerman
My thoughts exactly

TH3_V01D
LOL at Thor being the ''boss'' here he is lowtier at best compared to something like Godzilla

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Godzilla rocks him, the FF rock him, the X-men rock him, Thor rocks him. Almost everyone here stops him. Indeed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
LOL at Thor being the ''boss'' here he is lowtier at best compared to something like Godzilla Bullshit. Thor would dominate Zilla.

Werewolf582
Hulk loses almost everything here

The Manga Guru
Hulk can only beat kong and Maybe the FF.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.