Normandy Crew vs Megatron (prime)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lek Kuen
Commander Shepard and the party members from all three games, Vs the Transformers Prime incarnation of Megatron. The Normandy crew gets whatever canon weapons they can carry and are given detailed knowledge on all of megatrons weapons and abilities.

The fight takes place in a large junkyard and let's assume some of the cover can withstand at least 1 shot from Megatron before breaking.

This version for those who have forgotten vZEL1hda9K8

StealthRanger
Well Megatron is physically strong enough to destroy Unicron Avatars with his punches and is more durable than Optimus who tanked a heat beam that could melt glaciers overtime

Lek Kuen
At the same time though, the bots in Prime seemed to take damage even if lesser from modern day weaponry when getting attacked by mech. And more normal explosions tend to knock them around cause pain. And guys that they one shot, have been able to do some damage before getting hit.

StealthRanger
MECH so have advanced tech to combat Cybertronians and such and such though (that device they used to KO Breakdown for starters)

Optimus also got KO'ed by a tree wielded by a Vehicon, though we tend to disregard it as a low end

Estacado
Just started watching Prime.
Cool show!
Im halfway through season 2 it's far better then season 1 so far.
Soundwave is such a boss!
Too bad he had only 2 fights...

Anyways in spacejet fighter form Megatron seems to be pretty fast he could avoid most of enemy fire and kill them.

KingD19
Black Widow rifles punch holes in Megs after a few shots. Biotics do major damage to him while the tech hacks screw with his systems.

StealthRanger
Except TFP Megatron is in the Mach triple digits range at least (him flying past Earth's moon to reach his space bridge on the other side of it in several seconds), unless they're that fast, he could easily dodge their lines of fire)

KingD19
Why would he be in his jet mode? They're all on the ground and Megatron being who he is would transform and try to beat the breaks off of them. That's who he is.

StealthRanger
Never said he would be. He's got at least Mach triple digits attacks speed/reactions tho

Or just fly up and carpet bomb them, you know the kind of thing

KingD19
Not in his robot mode. He's been hit numerous times by far slower things. And while he would shoot at them, he wouldn't hit them. He'd miss on purpose to screw with them.

XanatosForever
Air support from the Normandy itself available?

Nephthys
Cain >

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Air support from the Normandy itself available?

Maybe only when Megatron is airborne, seems to much when he's ground based since he has much lower speed in that form.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by KingD19
Not in his robot mode. He's been hit numerous times by far slower things. And while he would shoot at them, he wouldn't hit them. He'd miss on purpose to screw with them.

>combat speed argument

What "slower things"

Lek Kuen
Well not really a bad argument here. In robot form he is a lot slower then in his jet form as soon pretty much anytime he sprints or chases someone without transforming. He just moves slowly all around, though his weapons are likely as fast shooting wise.

KingD19
Optimus. Bumblebee. Most of the Autobots. Blasters. Improvised projectiles. Bullets. Predaking over and over.

Unless you think they're fighting at triple digit mach speed.

StealthRanger
It's a common case in fiction for characters to have a massive level of reactions/attack speed and a far lower level of running speed

Because fiction

KingD19
I don't mean running speed, even though that's obvious in this case as he turns into a f*cking space jet. I mean combat/reaction speed. Have you watched the show? Megatron and all the transformers fight at a much slower speed than they move when in alt modes.

Unless you think they fight in triple digit mach and the humans can still clearly see, react to and hit them.

Like when Miko beat Starscream's ass with the Armor.

StealthRanger
I don't mean running speed, even though that's obvious in this case as he turns into a f*cking space jet. I mean combat/reaction speed.

Yep

Agents in the Matrix bullet time consistently yet their fights don't look that fast

Do we say they're slower in fights because it looked it? Nope, we do not

Why do the same thing for any other verse?

Which is a trope, the humans in the background seeing/not seeing them fight

>uses Apex Armor wearer as an argument to downgrade speed
>same Apex Armor that allowed Starscream to fodderise 2 Optimus level beings

Mmmmm'k then?

Lek Kuen
My point was that in robot form, he would move around slow enough for him to say not speed blitz step on them. Just based on his movement speed being slow enough that they could still evade him if they used the environment, which would keep them in the fight. Since he would kill any of them he hit, unless I'm underestimating mass effect shielding.

KingD19
The Apex Armor increases strength and durability only. It's stated as such. And I brought it up to point out that a human wearing the armor easily reacted to a transformer. Just like they always do, except now Miko could actually fight back.

When has Megatron or any Transformer moved fast enough to easily dodge blaster fire? That argument is hilarious.

And the humans are directly involved in several of the fights. Sometimes the transformers even directly target them. They have never gone, "Hmmm, I wonder what that noise is because these giant robots are moving so fast I can't keep up."

KingD19
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
My point was that in robot form, he would move around slow enough for him to say not speed blitz step on them. Just based on his movement speed being slow enough that they could still evade him if they used the environment, which would keep them in the fight. Since he would kill any of them he hit, unless I'm underestimating mass effect shielding.

The shielding is pretty inconsistent when it comes to gameplay and cutscenes. But I'd say their shields could take a blaster hit from Megs, though not at full power.

StealthRanger
The Apex Armor increases strength and durability only. It's stated as such. And I brought it up to point out that a human wearing the armor easily reacted to a transformer. Just like they always do, except now Miko could actually fight back.

Well statements be damned, it clearly does, based on feats

Humans can percieve ki blasts in DBZ, yet Mr Satan can move so fast he appears to be a blur. Nobody believes this invalidates ki blasts reaching orbit in seconds during the Cell and Buu sagas or that Mr Satan is in the sub relativistic range

Background humans being able to/not being able to react to things is more of a trope

>asks if I've watched the show
>asks for Transformers reacting to blaster fire
>because Wheeljack deflecting blaster fire with his katanas or Transformers regularly dodging them totally didn't happ... oh wait

Good for those Transformers then

Also, are you unifimiliar with powerscaling "Hurr durr oter transformers target and react to tem"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.