Man of Steel runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3

NemeBro
Only Silver Surfer will stop him (Of the characters I know, not seen Days of Future Past).

Robtard
Uses his body as a missile and domes Godzilla and King Kong

Sue will be able to hold him for some time, but then the rest of the FF are murdered or BFR'd

Xavier read that Clark isn't a villain and makes him believe that the mutants are not his enemies; they all go out for tacos after

Superman destroys all the Sentinels since an exploding X-Jet can destroy them and they're designed to counter/absorb genetic mutant powers, which Superman isn't.

Kurse is easily BFR'd. Thor will pose a problem; Superman could win.

Stops at Silver Surfer

quanchi112
Stops at one.

Zack Fair
The hate is strong.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The hate is strong. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger.

playa1258
Khan stops at one. He will be able to kill Kong with his phaser cannon, but Godzilla steps on him and that would be all she wrote.

Firefly218
Stops at godzilla and King Kong

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard

Sue will be able to hold him for some time, but then the rest of the FF are murdered or BFR'd

Xavier read that Clark isn't a villain and makes him believe that the mutants are not his enemies; they all go out for tacos after

Superman destroys all the Sentinels since an exploding X-Jet can destroy them and they're designed to counter/absorb genetic mutant powers, which Superman isn't.

Stops at Silver Surfer This.

FrothByte

Stops at Silver Surfer

Pretty much.

BruceSkywalker
is this female thor??? big grin

Firefly218
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
is this female thor??? big grin
You mean like this?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140602011758/disney-infinity/images/b/b3/Thorinfilm.jpg

ares834
Which Godzilla?

If 2014, he gets to either the X-Men or SS.

draxx_tOfU
He clears it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
You mean like this?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140602011758/disney-infinity/images/b/b3/Thorinfilm.jpg

nope..

her..

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/KATSUMOTO121/thor-001-1.jpg

Placidity
Even though I'm not a Thor fan, this is really starting to piss me off.

Firefly218
I honestly couldn't care less

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Placidity
Even though I'm not a Thor fan, this is really starting to piss me off. Yep, I'm pretty pissed.

Robtard
Thor being female changes nothing important as long and the powers/history is left pretty much intact. If anything, it will spice up 'his' relationship with Jane and Lady Sif. Those two better remain female.

Stigma
Thor being female changes nothing important as long and the powers/history is left pretty much intact. If anything, it will spice up 'his' relationship with Jane and Lady Sif. Those two better remain female.
thumb up

Arachnid1
Thor being female changes nothing important as long and the powers/history is left pretty much intact. If anything, it will spice up 'his' relationship with Jane and Lady Sif. Those two better remain female. Oh, people are missunderstanding. Thor himself is still not female. He's just no longer worthy of the hammer. The hammer was given to a girl that is worthy. Him no longer being worthy of his hammer is the part that irks me. I suppose it has good story potential though.

StealthRanger

Placidity

No he discovers that Jane is actually a transvestite, but will love "her" anyway. This will be done to represent our transgender reader base (official statistics show over 34%).

Next, Thor discovers she/he is actually Chinese/Mexican (at this stage, comics will be printed in Chinese text). When Odin realizes he can hide it no longer, he reveals to Thor that he is also actually a woman. Turns out Thor was the first child ever born to lesbian parents.

In the end, he abandons his heritage and converts to Islam. On the way, he learns that the secret to being worthy is actually to castrate his balls, he does this and once again regains Mjolnir (Whor was Thor's real mother/parent 2).

I would be most disappointed if Marvel did not address these other oppressed groups. We will need to start our own professional government-funded KMC activist group - Occupy Marvel.

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1392/95/1392953467012.jpg

NemeBro
There's a difference between transvestites and transgendered people you bigot.

juggerman
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Stalemate, since Godzilla can't tag Supes, though Supes can't harm him. King Kong dies in any case

Speedblitz/heat vision lobotomy

In any case, Supes outclasses them in every stat

On;y chance I can think of is mind**** from Charles. Otherwise Supes blitzes

Don't know, though Supes should outclass any Sentinel individually

>another vs Thor thread

Okay, seriously, can we have this thread and any variation of it banned? This one's been done to death, many times. Superman stomps. Kurze dies as well

Surfer wins handily

Has everything Supes has and some more exotic powers

Agree with this except Supes would rock Zilla and Sentinels

Utrigita

Stops at Silver Surfer

This.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by juggerman
Agree with this except Supes would rock Zilla and Sentinels

Doesn't Godzilla tank city busters though? Can't say I remember Superman being that powerful

And I wasn't sure about the Sentinels, though I do agree Supes outclasses them in any individual context

Time Immemorial

Stops at Silver Surfer

This but IMO he clears surfer as well. Surfer has one thing that could TKO him however that takes himself out as well so that would be a stalemate. Doom had all of SS powers plus his own and still got taken out by good ole punches to the face, easily a feat MoS can replicate, when he does, SS goes down. I don't see him reaching for his Galactus buster because he did that to stop Galactus and save earth.

juggerman
Doesn't Godzilla tank city busters though? Can't say I remember Superman being that powerful

And I wasn't sure about the Sentinels, though I do agree Supes outclasses them in any individual context

Superman tanked that gravity beam while weakened and the vacuum of space. Superman could fly into Zilla's eye and tear his brain apart.

TheVaultDweller
He clears everyone but Surfer. Surfer can use his powers to go intangible (like he did when he flew literally through a building when Johnny was chasing him) and suck things into his board. If he chooses to go intangible and use energy manipulation attacks in return, there is nothing Supes can do to fight back.

Star428
Superman has been shown in the comics to have incredibly strong psychic defenses. I'm not so sure Xavier could control him that easily.

As for the other opponents, only Silver Surfer would have the edge against him. He beats Thor wether Thor fans like it or not as was shown in the JLA/Avengers crossover and please don't tell me that it doesn't count.

StealthRanger
Movie version. Means only movie feats allowed

Comics have nothing to do with it

Star428
Movie version. Means only movie feats allowed

Comics have nothing to do with it

Ok then. My bad... Still, the movie counterparts aren't all that different from their comic versions. I suppose Man of Steel Superman might have a hard time against Godzilla and King Kong at same time though. That version of Supes wasn't as invulnerable as Christopher Reeve version considering how certain military weapons could knock those kryptonians in that movie off their feet while in the Reeve movies it had absolutely no effect on them at all.

Lestov16
The missile only knocked Faora out because her nascent powers gave her temporary sensory overload. MOS Kryptonians were easily tanking far more powerful hits (ex. World Machine and Zod slammed a satellite at Superman at one point)

That being stated, I think he can beat everyone listed except for Surfer, who, considering the logistics of his powerset, is pretty much a corporeal version of Dr. M.

Star428
Originally posted by Lestov16
The missile only knocked Faora out because her nascent powers gave her temporary sensory overload. MOS Kryptonians were easily tanking far more powerful hits (ex. World Machine and Zod slammed a satellite at Superman at one point)

That being stated, I think he can beat everyone listed except for Surfer, who, considering the logistics of his powerset, is pretty much a corporeal version of Dr. M.

I guess I need to refresh my memory by watching MOS again. I could've sworn that I remember Superman and the other Kryptonians having to dodge military fire while those in Superman 2 didn't even flinch.

Werewolf582
Stops at Godzilla and king kong. Beats everybody else except silver surfer.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Star428
I guess I need to refresh my memory by watching MOS again. I could've sworn that I remember Superman and the other Kryptonians having to dodge military fire while those in Superman 2 didn't even flinch. Fact they dodged the military fire doesn't mean they couldn't tank it. Its just more convenient for them to dodge them given they were fighting each other. At one point in the movie Superman tanks a high caliber bullet fired from a chopper mini gun without any trouble at all.

Having said that Superman 2 kryptonians were obviously far more powerful.

The Manga Guru

StealthRanger
Based on what do the X-Men beat Supes?

The Manga Guru
Mind rape

StealthRanger
Before or after they get speedblitzed at Mach triple digits?

The Manga Guru
He cant instantly take off that fast and there are several telepaths. Superman has showed he needs to.concentrate before he takes off. He gets mind raped.

SSJGGogeta
Well, it somewhat depends on the version, but for the most part it would end up with Supe's stuffing King Kong into Godzilla's urethra.

Then he'd stomp the fantastic four, meeting I guess a bit of slack with Johnny and Thing, but that again depends on the version.

Then he'd crap on all the x-men, but since he's blood-lusted, Charles couldn't hold him, and since this is the movie, Magneto couldn't hurt him. The biggest threat would end up being Wolverine, and if he's in it, Quicksilver might be able to win(I haven't actually seen Man of steel), but only because the version from Days of Future past is ridiculously faster and therefor more powerful than he is in the comics. In fact, he may be able to damage Supe's enough for the others to take him down, if he can't heal in between. Judging the comic versions though, I'd say the most QS could take down would be around modern and maybe all-star Supe's.

The future sentinels might be able to possibly beat him, but only based on the sole premise that they may be able to absorb/replicate his powers. If not, they get stomped, but if so, they win. It kind of makes sense that they could, because they can replicate genetic abilities, and Superman's abilities are solely genetic.

Again, it depends on the versions, but movie Thor probably loses(Again, I haven't seen Man of steel), based on what I've heard, and Beyonder amped Kurse beats all. Otherwise, he's still stronger than Thor, iirc.

Surfer from the movies should lose, but otherwise has a good shot at winning.

Zack Fair
Quicksilver is in no way, shape or form hurting Superman. The most he is going to do is annoy the hell out of Supes.

SSJGGogeta
Quicksilver is in no way, shape or form hurting Superman. The most he is going to do is annoy the hell out of Supes.

Well like I said, I haven't seen Man of steel, but I think he could definitely hurt him. All he'd have to do is bend his fist into his face and he'd be hurt by punching himself. For the most part though, he'd only be dodging, because a single punch would mean instant death. Given that, and the only way he can hurt Supe's is by making him punch himself, I still don't see him beating Superman, just weakening/injuring him.

NemeBro
Superman is faster than Quicksilver.

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro

What reflex/reaction feats are you basing this on?

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by NemeBro

In MOS? Because Quicksilver from DOFP was able to move faster than the explosions from guns, which are around mach 24, and that's quite major low-balling.

StealthRanger
Superman was able to fly into orbit and around the earth in a minute or something, so around about mach triple digit to low end mach quad digits, in MoS

inb4 herp derp combat speed debate

Yeah, that has about as much merit as BT's "Dante needs to accelerate for a long time to become hypersonic so Kain can think first and TK him" "theory"

Of course mind**** could work, X-Men are just too slow

NemeBro
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
In MOS? Because Quicksilver from DOFP was able to move faster than the explosions from guns, which are around mach 24, and that's quite major low-balling. And Superman can circle a fourth of the globe in a second or two, and later leaves orbit while fighting Zodd.

Massively hypersonic all up in this *****.

Tzeentch
Stops at Xavier, probably. Don't wanna get into the Sentinel- that's a no-limit fallacy waiting to happen.

NemeBro
What stops a bloodlusted Superman from braining Xavier before he can process a thought?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Well like I said, I haven't seen Man of steel, but I think he could definitely hurt him. All he'd have to do is bend his fist into his face and he'd be hurt by punching himself. For the most part though, he'd only be dodging, because a single punch would mean instant death. Given that, and the only way he can hurt Supe's is by making him punch himself, I still don't see him beating Superman, just weakening/injuring him. Problem is Superman is too strong for Quicksilver to do that. Kal can just stand there and let QS attempt anything. It won't happen. Would be cool to see though lol.

StealthRanger
That and MoS can fly so, yeah he can avoid QS' range, and QS has no ranged attacks of note

The Manga Guru
MOS takes at least a second before he can take off. He would get mind phucked. Shaw absorbs supermans physical attacks.

Kotor3
LOL.

When has Xavier ever shown the ability to mind control aliens or anything that is not human?

Zack Fair
Shaw gets easily BFRed. Xavier is a ***** though. He could get owned though.

The Manga Guru
Originally posted by Kotor3
LOL.

When has Xavier ever shown the ability to mind control aliens or anything that is not human? Horrible logic here. If it has a brain it can be mind phucked.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by The Manga Guru
Horrible logic here. If it has a brain it can be mind phucked. That ain't always the case with comics though.

The Manga Guru
That ain't always the case with comics though. It's not comics though. Doesn't superman have extreme TP resistance in comics.

Zack Fair
It's not comics though. Doesn't superman have extreme TP resistance in comics. I know it ain't comics, but the characters come from comics so it is entirely plausible for them to bring it up/talk about it. But given it has not been brought up/has not happened in the movies then yeah. Now I don't necessarily agree with the idea that Xavier won't be able to mind **** him because he is an alien. And yeah Clark has high TP resistance in comics, but it is not entirely impossible to control him.

Robtard
The pedo-looking Kryptonian scientist was able to read Clark's mind with some equipment.

Zack Fair
Yah. I know. They seemed to be able to put Superman in some sort of illusion/mind state whatever. In Kal's defense he was weakened from the kryptonian atmosphere. I could see Xavier being capable of something similar. Question is if he can do it before his brains get splattered across the hemisphere.

StealthRanger
I thought we didn't count "being alien" as a reason for TP resistance

Huh

Star428
How in the Hell is Wolverine even remotely a threat to Superman? That's an even more ridiculous statement than those made by those in the Viktor vs Marcus thread who think Viktor could defeat Marcus. LOL. Those claws of his won't even scratch Clark I don't care if they're "the hardest substance on earth". Not to mention the fact that Superman is faster than all of the XMEN combined. Only one here who competes with Clark's speed is SS.

Zack Fair
I thought we didn't count "being alien" as a reason for TP resistance

Huh I don't. I can see why some would bring it up though.

StealthRanger
I don't see how anyone could. It's almost on par with the "Luke Skywalker can't mind**** Dante because he's a demon" or "characters from anything other than Star Wars are immune to the force"

Still not seeing what stopping Supes from blitzing the X-Men

Zack Fair
Like I said earlier...comics. There have been numerous instances of telepaths being unable to mess with alien minds. Alien meaning non-human stuff like gods/aliens(lol)/undead/ragefilled monsters(hulk) and the like.

Having said that those have only happened in the comics, and the movies are a whole different ball park. So IMHO it should work until we see it happen in the movies.

Edit Yes Hulk has been controlled before, but there have been versions of him where he has been so pissed/focused that telepathy just does not work.

Kotor3
Horrible logic here. If it has a brain it can be mind phucked.
Really? Prove it. Is there a quote stating that his powers work on all living things? Has Xavier controlled animals, birds, fish, aliens, anything not human? Provide some proof to back it up.

juggerman
Really? Prove it. Is there a quote stating that his powers work on all living things? Has Xavier controlled animals, birds, fish, aliens, anything not human? Provide some proof to back it up.

"Mutants" are not "human" which is why the humans hate and fear them evil face

Kotor3
Originally posted by juggerman
"Mutants" are not "human" which is why the humans hate and fear them evil face

I'm guessing that you are joking?

carver9
Superman loses at the Xmen. Thor and Kurse can beat him and Surfer stomps and like usual, people are over doing Superman combat speed. He isn't a fraction of what Quicksilver is, especially looking at what QS has done on panel vs what has hit Superman with ease.

juggerman
I'm guessing that you are joking?

thumb up

Originally posted by carver9
Superman loses at the Xmen. Thor and Kurse can beat him and Surfer stomps and like usual, people are over doing Superman combat speed. He isn't a fraction of what Quicksilver is, especially looking at what QS has done on panel vs what has hit Superman with ease.

QS being faster doesn't mean he could actually do anything to Supes. I doubt he'd be able to move him an inch. QS does not have super strength or super durability. Meaning his hits would not only not harm Superman but he very well may hurt himself trying.

TH3_V01D
Thor and Kurse can beat him

HAHAHHAHA LMAO this idiot.

StealthRanger
Go away, Carver

NemeBro
Superman loses at the Xmen. Thor and Kurse can beat him and Surfer stomps and like usual, people are over doing Superman combat speed. He isn't a fraction of what Quicksilver is, especially looking at what QS has done on panel vs what has hit Superman with ease. Prove it, lol.

Superman's faster, and by a significant amount. thumb up

God Cloth Seiya
Beats everyone except surfer. Maybe X-Men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.