Doom vs Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
No bfr

DTM
Movie versions, Dr. Doom vs. Kurse? Kurse should win, handily. He beat the crud out of Thor, thats more than stalemating the FF. Now if this were Doom amped with the Power Cosmic, as in FF2, thats a different story. smile

KingD19
Also he has his black hole grenades.

Time Immemorial
Kurse

carver9
Doom

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Doom

Please

TheVaultDweller
Can either of these two even KO each other?

Doom took Johnny's nova flame, and didn't even seem all that bothered by it. It was being rapidly cooled that locked his joints into place. And when they were measuring Johnny's flames, he was approaching Sun temperatures before they had to extinguish him. No one stopped him from pushing his limits against Doom, so those flames were probably much hotter. As for Kurse, the guy beasted through all the Asgardians that got in his way, including Thor, so I don't think there is much of a chance of Doom hurting him in any meaningful way.

I can see Kurse smacking Doom around the whole day, because he has a clear strength advantage, but can he actually KO him for a win?

KingD19
Black holes grenades

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Doom took Johnny's nova flame, and didn't even seem all that bothered by it. It was being rapidly cooled that locked his joints into place. And when they were measuring Johnny's flames, he was approaching Sun temperatures before they had to extinguish him. No one stopped him from pushing his limits against Doom, so those flames were probably much hotter. As for Kurse, the guy beasted through all the Asgardians that got in his way, including Thor, so I don't think there is much of a chance of Doom hurting him in any meaningful way.

I can see Kurse smacking Doom around the whole day, because he has a clear strength advantage, but can he actually KO him for a win?

Maybe not a KO (just like Superman couldn't KO Zod) but maybe a neck snap for the win? Or an armbar or something like that?

I'm not sure about the strength advantage but I'm sure Kurse has a huge advantage in fighting skill.

juggerman
Originally posted by KingD19
Black holes grenades

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
Black holes grenades

Did you not read OP? No BRR.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Did you not read OP? No BRR.

Black hole grenades do not just BFR you. They kill you.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Black hole grenades do not just BFR you. They kill you.

Easy way of a fight, pretty sure kurse would smash him enough. I don't think doom is a fool to get a hit by one of those.

TheVaultDweller
Maybe not a KO (just like Superman couldn't KO Zod) but maybe a neck snap for the win? Or an armbar or something like that?

I'm not sure about the strength advantage but I'm sure Kurse has a huge advantage in fighting skill.

I checked all of Doom's durability feats from the films. The level of damage he tanks is quite absurd. He takes Susan's blasts, that pretty much destroy the wall and windows behind him, and barely stumbled. Then, while fighting the Thing, gets smashed into a wall and has a giant metal board collapse on him, and it slows him down for a few seconds. Both later fall several stories twice, and they both keep fighting while this happens. He also gets hit by a car, thrown by the Thing. This impact is so hard that it sends him and the car flying a couple dozen feet into a bus, and in turn sends that bus skidding a good 50 feet further. And the impact knocked him through the side of the bus, as he steps through the doors. And none of this fazed him. Then of course the nova flame, to which he comments, "Is that the best you can do, a little heat?"

There is also a weird feat in FF2. The blast from the Surfer literally blows him to atoms, which reassemble almost instantly. And given that he'd just blasted the Surfer in the back, resulting in the Surfer looking quite pissed, I somehow doubt the intention of the return blast was to heal Doom. And right at the end of the film, after Johnny destroys the wrist mounted controller for the board, Ben knocks him with a huge ass bar connected to an enormous crane. The impact sends him flying at least several hundred meters, and it doesn't KO or seem to seriously damage him, as we can see his limbs visibly flailing as he sinks.

This is why I am having doubts about him being seriously damaged or KOd. The only thing that had any visible effect on him was the Johnny's fire, and that on its own couldn't stop him.

carver9
Does Thor have better strength fts than Thing? If so, what is it?

maxivitopowe
Fight in NYC

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by carver9
Does Thor have better strength fts than Thing? If so, what is it?

Not really. Thing has one really massive strength feat. The London Eye feat from FF2. In the scene, we can see Sue, from one side, and Reed, from the other, using their abilities to keep the Eye level. But the Thing is actually the one doing the lifting. And the London Eye weighs about 2100 tons. So even if we are generous to Sue and Reed and say they lifted a third of the mass each (which they didn't, going by what we see on screen), that still means Ben lifted 700 tons over his head. Neither Thor, nor even the Hulk, has a strength feat to match that.

Time Immemorial
Not really. Thing has one really massive strength feat. The London Eye feat from FF2. In the scene, we can see Sue, from one side, and Reed, from the other, using their abilities to keep the Eye level. But the Thing is actually the one doing the lifting. And the London Eye weighs about 2100 tons. So even if we are generous to Sue and Reed and say they lifted a third of the mass each (which they didn't, going by what we see on screen), that still means Ben lifted 700 tons over his head. Neither Thor, nor even the Hulk, has a strength feat to match that.

Agreed 100% in terms of feats Thor and Hulk have crap lifting feats. I've never cared about them TBH. However I would never say that a lift feat from thing could take the win from Hulk in say a Thing vs Hulk fight.

TheVaultDweller
Agreed 100% in terms of feats Thor and Hulk have crap lifting feats. I've never cared about them TBH. However I would never say that a lift feat from thing could take the win from Hulk in say a Thing vs Hulk fight.

True, but, in a match up like that, strength would just be one factor. Movie Thing is massively strong, but extremely slow and clunky. Hulk easily trumps him in speed and agility.

Time Immemorial
True, but, in a match up like that, strength would just be one factor. Movie Thing is massively strong, but extremely slow and clunky. Hulk easily trumps him in speed and agility.

Yea, it would be like a professional bodybuilder trying to fight a professional boxer, the body builder might be stronger in lifts, but the boxer is going to destroy him.

TheVaultDweller
Yea, it would be like a professional bodybuilder trying to fight a professional boxer, the body builder might be stronger in lifts, but the boxer is going to destroy him.

Not to mention Thing fights like a bit of an idiot. laughing

Hulk has shown the ability to use his surroundings to aid him, like in his fights against the army and Abomination in The Incredible Hulk. Thing just throws haymakers 99% of the time. The most imagination he has shown in a fight was breaking the hydrant during the fight with Doom, and only because Reed was directing him. Though I do think that in a straight up grapple, Thing would have the advantage.

Time Immemorial
Not to mention Thing fights like a bit of an idiot. laughing

Hulk has shown the ability to use his surroundings to aid him, like in his fights against the army and Abomination in The Incredible Hulk. Thing just throws haymakers 99% of the time. The most imagination he has shown in a fight was breaking the hydrant during the fight with Doom, and only because Reed was directing him. Though I do think that in a straight up grapple, Thing would have the advantage.

Hey cmon he's got a rock for a brainlaughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Hey cmon he's got a rock for a brainlaughing out loud

Good point. laughing

He did throw that car at Doom though. Not that it helped him much. So hey ho, that 1% was useless. It's sad that his most creative use of his powers was for comedic purposes, when he turned Johnny's car into a metal scrap ball.

Raisen
why was doom absurdly durable in the movies?

anyway, I don't think kurse would k.o. doom easily but doom doesn't have what it takes to put kurse down. long fight

Genesis-Soldier
kurse would win in a straight up, Doom has a chance but it really would depend on their surroundings. Dooms durability proves he has a incredible oppitunity but if Kurse is using BlackHole grenades and can actually trick Victor then he wins

Arachnid1
The Thing was lifting close to 2000 tons? WTF? That dude needs to be in waaaay more fights on this forum. Holy shit, what a monster. And just because he managed to fight a dude like than 1 on 1 and do great, I'm gonna give this fight to Doom.

Estacado
Doom.
As some said Thing has the most impressive strenght feat in Marvel movieverse and Victor easily whooped him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Estacado
Doom.
As some said Thing has the most impressive strenght feat in Marvel movieverse and Victor easily whooped him.

Well yeah if it's just a strength feat you're looking for. But Kurse completely dominated Thor, Thor who matched the Hulk, and that's a far better fighting feat than either Doom or Thing has ever shown.

And Kurse walks all over Asgardians, and the average Asgardian is strong enough to throw cars.

TheVaultDweller
Well yeah if it's just a strength feat you're looking for. But Kurse completely dominated Thor, Thor who matched the Hulk, and that's a far better fighting feat than either Doom or Thing has ever shown.

And Kurse walks all over Asgardians, and the average Asgardian is strong enough to throw cars.

True, but the point is that it should be regarded as a durability feat for Doom. He tanked punches from someone who, by screen feats, is easily the most physically strong character shown in Marvel movies. Which is why I don't know if Kurse can seriously do any damage to him. Only way I personally see Kurse ending him is via somehow using a black hole grenade against him. I see the average Asgardian getting their asses handed to them by either Doom or Thing with little trouble.

FrothByte
True, but the point is that it should be regarded as a durability feat for Doom. He tanked punches from someone who, by screen feats, is easily the most physically strong character shown in Marvel movies. Which is why I don't know if Kurse can seriously do any damage to him. Only way I personally see Kurse ending him is via somehow using a black hole grenade against him. I see the average Asgardian getting their asses handed to them by either Doom or Thing with little trouble.

Thing has impressive lifting feats but I don't recall him having that many impressive striking/punching feats. Not that I'm saying he's a weak striker, just that we can't automatically assume that since he carried the most weight then he can automatically hit harder than other MCU characters.

For example, he carried more weight than Thor but does he hit harder with his fists than Thor can with Mjolnir?

Maybe, maybe not. But considering we haven't seen Kurse KO'd or even seriously hurt then there's also no proof that Doom can hurt Kurse.

TheVaultDweller
Thing has impressive lifting feats but I don't recall him having that many impressive striking/punching feats. Not that I'm saying he's a weak striker, just that we can't automatically assume that since he carried the most weight then he can automatically hit harder than other MCU characters.

For example, he carried more weight than Thor but does he hit harder with his fists than Thor can with Mjolnir?

Maybe, maybe not. But considering we haven't seen Kurse KO'd or even seriously hurt then there's also no proof that Doom can hurt Kurse.

Exactly, we don't know whether Doom could hurt Kurse. In fact, it is doubtful. Hence my very first post in this thread:

I don't see either of these two being able to put the other one down, barring use of the black hole grenade. And that could possibly go either way, considering it was Loki's use of Kurse's own grenade that killed him. Thing Doom has going for him is range. Chances are that if Kurse tries to throw the grenade at Doom, he could lightning blast it out of the air. Doom's electricity might not be quite up there with Thor's best feats, but it is still quite strong. Casual blasts were blowing up police cars etc.

Placidity
Where is the coward who said Kurse would destroy Doom and Abomination without effort?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.