World War?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Could this latest incident lead us to another World War started in Europe?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/559600/20140718/malaysia-airlines-mh17-global-war-u-s.htm#.U8oZ5YBdXp8

Epicurus
In today's day and age, with at least 7 nations having nuclear arsenals and a number of others having the capability to build them, a world war is extremely unfeasible. Likely won't happen.

Mindship
A confrontation unlike any other, World War III began on 9.11.01, with no end in sight and the best yet to come.

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Could this latest incident lead us to another World War started in Europe?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/559600/20140718/malaysia-airlines-mh17-global-war-u-s.htm#.U8oZ5YBdXp8

Probably not the best thing to say, but if Germany had defeated
the Russians in WW2, maybe this incident (and the entire spread of post WW2 Communism) might not have happened, at least not on Soviet terms. I say "not on Soviet terms" because Russia wouldn't be Communist.

Other countries who were influenced by Communism might have reared their heads, but wouldn't last that long due to mainland Russia no longer being their supplier for weapons and political and logistical support.

Would a WW2 German victory in the Soviet Union have rid the world of true Communism? And would we be looking at the possibility of a new World War at the hands of our old enemies? Just a thought..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
A confrontation unlike any other, World War III began on 9.11.01, with no end in sight and the best yet to come.

Some might argue It began on November 4, 1979.

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Some might argue It began on November 4, 1979.

The Iranian hostage crisis. I was around 15 when that happened. One of the hostages positively identified "Ahme-nutjob" as one of the hijackers. The same "Ahme-nutjob" that everyone at the U.N. walks out on when he starts his ranting at the General Assembly meetings.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Epicurus
In today's day and age, with at least 7 nations having nuclear arsenals and a number of others having the capability to build them, a world war is extremely unfeasible. Likely won't happen.

World War is inevitable, regardless if we use the Nukes or not. Nukes only ensure MAD stance.

Time Immemorial

Lord Lucien
World War is inevitable Why?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Why?

The whole world is pretty much at war at all times as it is. Middle East, Ukraine, AfricaIt would not take much more considering the current crisis to make it a massive global war taking sides. This scenario has been used before pre WW1.

Lord Lucien
In the past 6,000 years or so of human civilization, there's only been something like 240 years of peace. Humans have been in a state of near-constant warfare since forever. That we managed to get through 40+ years of the Cold War with only proxy wars and not a single of the then 50,000+ nukes dropped on another state, I think that the current set of crises is hardly much of an indicator of all "world war." Every generation thinks their time is THE time. The time for big change, revolution, war, etc. Frankly, as much I don't want to underplay the conflicts of the various people who are engaged in conflict to genuinely seek change and/or peace, there's just not much of it right now, all things considered.

The world's nations are too tightly interwoven in economics for war between them to be worthwhile and profitable. It's all about proxy wars these days, supporting various factions in weaker countries that are fighting between themselves. Or invading third-tier powers on floppy pretexts.

World war isn't good for business anymore. Skirmishes, baby. That's where the cheddah is.

Fallschirmjäger

Epicurus
World War is inevitable, regardless if we use the Nukes or not. Nukes only ensure MAD stance.
No it's not. Not in today's globalized world.

Shakyamunison
It's looking more like it everyday.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
In the past 6,000 years or so of human civilization, there's only been something like 240 years of peace. Humans have been in a state of near-constant warfare since forever. That we managed to get through 40+ years of the Cold War with only proxy wars and not a single of the then 50,000+ nukes dropped on another state, I think that the current set of crises is hardly much of an indicator of all "world war." Every generation thinks their time is THE time. The time for big change, revolution, war, etc. Frankly, as much I don't want to underplay the conflicts of the various people who are engaged in conflict to genuinely seek change and/or peace, there's just not much of it right now, all things considered.

The world's nations are too tightly interwoven in economics for war between them to be worthwhile and profitable. It's all about proxy wars these days, supporting various factions in weaker countries that are fighting between themselves. Or invading third-tier powers on floppy pretexts.

World war isn't good for business anymore. Skirmishes, baby. That's where the cheddah is.
I don't think there's been a single day of peace, unless you set the bar for what constitutes 'war' rather high, like say a conflict between nation states or large armies that leaves more than ten thousand people dead.

dadudemon

Vacuum Bombs have the yield of low end nukes without the shitty side effects of fallout and radiation.

Basically, Nukes being a MAD argument no longer works because we have advanced enough that we don't even need to use fissile materials to get big booms.

Rao Kal El

Clovie

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by Clovie
If USA and UK havent SOLD us OUT to Stalin, there would be no cold war as well erm

Very good my friend. Someone who did their homework. Yalta conference was a sham. Not to mention FDR allowing 11 Billion in aid to stop Germany. FDR would grandstand about Stalin and then he gave him American taxpayer money..

If Hitler had been killed and replaced with more moderate leadership, we might not have even needed a Yalta conference except for the possible division of Russia, half German, half Allied to prevent the return of Communism much in the way Germany was split after WW2. Some interesting thoughts there.

Clovie
http://itwasntagame.com/ < watch it

And it's hard not to notice when you live in a country "behind the iron curtain" erm

dadudemon

And it's hard not to notice when you live in a country "behind the iron curtain" erm

I am at work but will check it out when I get home. What is this about?

Clovie
70th aniversary of uprising.

Fallschirmjäger

I've known about that for quite some time. My perspective about a German-controlled Europe is assuming that the General Staff did manage to kill Hitler and replace him with competent leadership that would have destroyed Russia and effectively ended WW2 in Europe.

Germany and Russia is still an unfinished matter.

And I mention this because if WW3 does happen, there will eventually be a clash between Germany and Russia over old hostilities and Russia's elimination (or victory) will once more re-shape and re-define Europe's borders, and if they win, Russia won't be in the next Yalta conference, they'll be the Yalta conference.

So in the long run, it was and still is the case of the hammer or the nail. Or in this case, the Hammer and Sickle or the Nail.....

dadudemon
70th aniversary of uprising.

BTW, thanks for sharing. I wish more stuff like this was posted.

Time Immemorial
Well here we are wondering when Putin is gonna pull the trigger on Ukraine.

Robtard
Wednesday

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Wednesday

This is gonna be insane.

In other news, ISIS it going crazy, and we armed them...

It's xyz!
I think Putin is gonna act on Belarus next cos there needs to be more countries that border Russia!

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by It's xyz!
I think Putin is gonna act on Belarus next cos there needs to be more countries that border Russia!

Why would he act against his own vassal state?

Time Immemorial
USA ad EU not gonna do a damn thing about it, amabO is a coward, and the EU gets most of their oil from Russia.

skybandit
Not to take away from your conversation, but this is a video i found recently that made me question several of my beliefs through what I was taught in school. Im not going to preach, or look to change anyones mind, as I myself am still trying to wrap my head around it and understand it myself...while doing my own research.
Watch with an open mind...it seems history does have a way of repeating itself, unfinished business perhaps?

hxxps://xxx.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGfCTA_6wA

Clovie
People consider Belarus a vasal state to Russia, but they are independent (in their dictatorship way) and they don't wanna be once again only a part of russia erm at least that's what i understood. and i haven't noticed in the media any statment about belarus gov taking sides erm

popoyez
i pray to god that here will no world war again in this earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.