TCW Kenobi vs. Barsenthor (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Sabers only match

Both are bloodlusted

Battle takes place in the Valley of the Jedi

FreshestSlice
Kenobi. Obviously.

Sinious
Im not sure how capable Barsenthor is with the saber but Kenobi probably takes this.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh, poor Kenobi.......

Kalen Sykes
Obi-Wan wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
oh wait, sabers only? lmfao.

Sinious
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

I was shocked when I read your first post. big grin

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lol, otherwise Kenobi would be obliterated.

Selenial
I want to laugh but that'd be rude.

Kenobi, no contest.

#InB4LeGenD"Barsen'thor"

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Sinious
Im not sure how capable Barsenthor is with the saber

Very good.

Good enough that Qyzen Fess was certain she was his goddess's Herald based on her skill and bravery. I highly doubt he'd think that of just any Jedi.

Good enough to have won numerous lightsabre duels against Jedi Masters, Sith Lords and Children of the Emperor. I know people will go "she won those because of Force abilities," but come on, let's use a little common sense. You don't win that many duels without knowing how to handle a blade.

Sinious
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Very good.

Good enough that Qyzen Fess was certain she was his goddess's Herald based on her skill and bravery. I highly doubt he'd think that of just any Jedi.

Good enough to have won numerous lightsabre duels against Jedi Masters, Sith Lords and Children of the Emperor. I know people will go "she won those because of Force abilities," but come on, let's use a little common sense. You don't win that many duels without knowing how to handle a blade.

Well sure she knew how to fight with the saber but you don't have to be a saber master to win duels. Darth Nihilus and Emperor Vitiate are the two best examples for that.

Emperordmb
Kenobi quite comfortably.

Based
Very good.

Not sure if parody or serious. Regardless Kenobi easily.

chilled monkey
Well sure she knew how to fight with the saber but you don't have to be a saber master to win duels. Darth Nihilus and Emperor Vitiate are the two best examples for that.

True, but in general winning duels requires a combination of Force master and sabre skill (with exceptions of course). Winning purely on superior Force power usually involves a "huge" gap in power/mastery (i.e. Yoda vs. Ventress in that episode of TCW).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that the Barsenthor was one of the greatest duelists ever or anything but at the same time I don't understand why some people seem to be under the impression that she had no sabre skills at all.

Originally posted by Based
Not sure if parody or serious.

Totally serious. What was even remotely "parody-esque" about that?

1) Qyzen Fess declared that the Barsenthor had to be the Scorekeeper's Herald. You think he'd say that about anyone?

2) Like I said, she's won lots of lightsabre duels. What other conclusion can be drawn from that other than she's a good duelist?

FreshestSlice
Being a good duelist isn't enough to defeat Kenobi in a sabers only duel. Especially when the Barsen'thor has next to no saber feats.

Sinious
True, but in general winning duels requires a combination of Force master and sabre skill (with exceptions of course). Winning purely on superior Force power usually involves a "huge" gap in power/mastery (i.e. Yoda vs. Ventress in that episode of TCW).

Sith sorcery has proven to be very useful. Especially in swtor era. Barsenthor is like the light side version of that so with a mediocre saber mastery and immense force powers, it is possible to kill powerful opponents without much saber usage.

Mostly because the character class in swtor is based on force powers and lack of saber skills.

Nalaniel
Kenobi.

S_W_LeGenD
Force ability always influences performance in lightsaber duels. Always.

Technical proficiency comes in handy but Force ability even more-so.

You may pit Bruce Lee in a fight against a well-trained Force-user but the Force-user would anticipate the moves of the opponent faster and deliver more powerful or effective blows by augmenting physical characteristics to great extent. In the end, Bruce Lee would loose.

Notable examples are within mythos as well.

- The infamous B-Team versus Darth Sidious
- Lord Kas'im versus Darth Bane

The infamous B-Team versus Darth Sidious:

No participant was lacking in technical proficiency in bladework in this contest. But gap in Force ability was massive between the two sides and the outcome apparent accordingly.

Lord Kas'im versus Darth Bane:

Both were powerful Force-users. The former had considerable advantage in proficiency in bladework but the latter made-up against this disparity with his relatively superior command of the Force.

---

In the nutshell, I don't know much about Barsen'thor's proficiency in blade-work but I do suspect that gap in power and Force ability is enormous between the combatants in this contest. If Barsen'thor have decent proficiency in bladework, she can more then make-up for the disparity in skills with a lightsaber in this contest and win. This is the same logic that I subscribe to Revan as well, he isn't a master swordsman based on what is known about his swordsmanship skills at the moment but he will kick @ss of majority with his superior power and command of the Force in a duel.

This being said, I fully acknowledge that Obi-Wan Kenobi is a tough cookie to crack in a strictly lightsaber contest.

S_W_LeGenD
Mostly because the character class in swtor is based on force powers and lack of saber skills.
Character classes do not suggest weakness in a particular area, rather greater specialization in a particular area.

Many make the mistake of assuming Consulars are not adept with a lightsaber. In reality, Consulars have the Force as an ever-present ally, reading an opponent's movements, and countering with startling feats of telekinesis. When called upon to use a lightsaber, Consulars strike with elegance, skill, secure in the knowledge that there is no death - only the Force. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

S_W_LeGenD
Above post repeated mistakenly.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
This being said, I fully acknowledge that Obi-Wan Kenobi is a tough cookie to crack in a strictly lightsaber contest.

Mixed metaphor. What you meant is "one tough nut." Nuts... like those of Vitiate's currently marinating in your saliva. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.