Abomination vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Both are tied at the wrist with Diana's lasso.
Current version.

Fight in an indestructible snow globe.

bluewaterrider
DCnU Superman doesn't fight fair like pre-Flashpoint Supes would.

DCnU uses heat vision, at which point Abomination is forced to give up.

Branlor Swift
Abom had so much promise... so much.

But anyway he just gets beaten. Imagine a cat handcuffed to a spazzing retard.

celeyhyga17
Clark

Khazra Reborn
Superman gives Blonsky the Doomsday treatment.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman 10/10

Magog
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Both are tied at the wrist with Diana's lasso.
Current version.

Fight in an indestructible snow globe.
A+ for creativity.

Supes 10/10.

carver9
Good fight but eventually Superman wins (depending on which version we are using of Abomination). Pre Reboot Superman wins, DCNU gets crushed.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by carver9
Pre Reboot Superman wins, DCNU gets crushed.

B-but DCnU has world-bench-pressing strength!

What if Clark gets desperate and hugs Blonsky with all his might ??

BruceSkywalker
Kal 1 million/10 destroys

carver9
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
B-but DCnU has world-bench-pressing strength!

What if Clark gets desperate and hugs Blonsky with all his might ??

Blonsky hugs him back with his greater than planetary strength.

h1a8
Blonsky hugs him back with his greater than planetary strength. Are you serious? What feats have Blonsky even surpassing 100,000 tons?

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Are you serious? What feats have Blonsky even surpassing 100,000 tons?

What fts does Doomsday, Grundy, and the General have that proves they could surpass 100k? Provide scans as well.

The Sorrow
Current Abomination as in Waids version? He beat Hulk worse than Sun God did.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Current Abomination as in Waids version? He beat Hulk worse than Sun God did.

There was some context to that fight though (both actually) but he was still extremely powerful.

Zack Fair
So what was the context?

h1a8
What fts does Doomsday, Grundy, and the General have that proves they could surpass 100k? Provide scans as well. Well Superman average is at least that amount and DD overpowered him. Also, it takes more than 100,000 tons of force to overpower Superman and still break his arm.

With that said, DD, Grundy, and General are not proven to exert more than a million tons. Superman is. Remember, character's power levels fluctuate from comic to comic. When Superman fights DD, Grundy, General, neither character is operating above a million tons.

So again, you claimed that Blonsky has planetary power. What feats have him even above 10,000 tons?

Zack Fair
Thread is dead.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thread is dead.

So were Superman, Hulk, Abomination, and Solomon Grundy.

There's been a whole lot of resurrecting going on these past 2 decades ...

mmm

carver9
So what was the context?

Hulk was weakened due to his brain trama and then Abomination had some type of radiation that was emitting from his body that was weakening everyone.

carver9
Well Superman average is at least that amount and DD overpowered him. Also, it takes more than 100,000 tons of force to overpower Superman and still break his arm.

With that said, DD, Grundy, and General are not proven to exert more than a million tons. Superman is. Remember, character's power levels fluctuate from comic to comic. When Superman fights DD, Grundy, General, neither character is operating above a million tons.

So again, you claimed that Blonsky has planetary power. What feats have him even above 10,000 tons?

So you admit that Doomsday doesn't have planetary power? You also admit that Superman powers fluctuates in less than the millions of tons. With that said can this Skaar snatched Superman arm off. I'm talking about the Superman that power fluctuates under the million ton mark.

This Skaar was amped over the 100 trillion ton mark.

http://s980.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/IncredibleHulk611008.jpg.html

Zack Fair
What caused this brain trauma?

The Sorrow
There was some context to that fight though (both actually) but he was still extremely powerful.
I know. My point was Hulk got his ass whipped. Badly.

If this is DCnU Superman he is going to recieve a heavy beating, especially with the stips tipping the fight in Abominations favour.

-K-M-

Reading Hulk VS. threads.

carver9

Surgery to his head while he was In Banner form. When he woke up he reverted to Hulk but even then his brains was hanging out the back of his head. He eventually passed out and they closed his head up but the damage was so severe that Banner was, how can I say it, retarded. He eventually got his mind back via tech from Tony but it changed him. The last issue of Hulk had him talking like Banner but in a violent way. He was talking about killing everything. I'll post scans. So it's an enraged intelligent Banner in the body of Hulk. Wonder how that is going to play out.

carver9

laughing out loud

I know and I agree.

h1a8
So you admit that Doomsday doesn't have planetary power? You also admit that Superman powers fluctuates in less than the millions of tons. With that said can this Skaar snatched Superman arm off. I'm talking about the Superman that power fluctuates under the million ton mark.

This Skaar was amped over the 100 trillion ton mark.

http://s980.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/IncredibleHulk611008.jpg.html

You are trolling now. Answer my question. Where do you get Blonsky having planetary power from? Or power above 10,000 tons?

carver9
You are trolling now. Answer my question. Where do you get Blonsky having planetary power from? Or power above 10,000 tons?

If I answer your question are you going to answer mine?

Delta1938

Why am I not surprised that Kitty-Cat would produce an answer both to protect Hulk and boost Abomination?

By the way Kitty-Cat, I'm still waiting for your response in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread.

So were Superman, Hulk, Abomination, and Solomon Grundy.

mmm

But Grundy's been a zombie for like a hundred years.

quanchi112
Superman loses.

Delta1938
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman loses.

Urine denial.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Delta1938
Urine denial. Incorrect. Superman loses. Just accept it.

Diesldude
Superman tears his arm off and then beats him with it.

Delta1938
Incorrect. Superman loses. Just accept it.

Urine an idiot.

Which proves URINEcompetent.

bluewaterrider

mmm

But Grundy's been a zombie for like a hundred years.

That's 'cause he hasn't gotten it right yet.

Delta1938
That's 'cause he hasn't gotten it right yet.

It seems you've taken your habit of posting scans out of context to sig making.

leonidas
Originally posted by -K-M-
Reading Hulk VS. threads.

lol thumb up

anyway, superman kills him.

maxivitopowe
Urine denial.
****er

You made me squirt milk out my nose

Delta1938
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
****er

You made me squirt milk out my nose

laughing

bluewaterrider
It seems you've taken your habit of posting scans out of context to sig making.

1. That e-signature brought a smile to your face. Admit it.

2. Is "Context" your new Image Host Provider?

Do you recommend it over Photobucket, or do they have you under exclusive contract?

The boards now require registration to view pictures recorded with its own IHP.
Kinda defeats a major purpose for me originally recording that way, so you'll find I'm cautiously beginning to branch out to non-KMC services ...

confused

Delta1938
1. That e-signature brought a smile to your face. Admit it.

2. Is "Context" your new Image Host Provider?

Do you recommend it over Photobucket, or do they have you under exclusive contract?

The boards now require registration to view pictures recorded with its own IHP.
Kinda defeats a major purpose for me originally recording that way, so you'll find I'm cautiously beginning to branch out to non-KMC services ...

confused

1: nah I've seen it before.

2: I.....am as lost as Kim Kardashian studying quantum physics while hungover.

Diesldude
Urine denial.

laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Urine an idiot

Which proves URINEcompetent.

Urine @sshole? laughing

abhilegend

If this is DCnU Superman he is going to recieve a heavy beating, especially with the stips tipping the fight in Abominations favour.
Not really. Superman tears him in half like he did to doomsday.

quanchi112
Which proves URINEcompetent. No, it just proves you can't debate and wish to bash your way out of this. Abom wins. Accept it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Urine @sshole? laughing Abom wins.

Urinebelievable.

How witty of me.

Rao Kal El
Abom wins.

Urinebelievable.

How witty of me.

Urinecorrect pee-play-boi

quanchi112
Urinecorrect pee-play-boi This isn't hard to do nor is it hard for Abom to win IMO given the circumstances.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not really. Superman tears him in half like he did to doomsday. Incorrect. Abom nor the Hulk doesn't get ripped in half. that is just Doomsday.

Rao Kal El
This isn't hard to do nor is it hard for Abom to win IMO given the circumstances.

You are not making any sense, urinecoherent

quanchi112
You are not making any sense, urinecoherent I am making complete sense.

You need to let go of the puns. You killed any humor derived from these jokes about ten or so posts ago.

carver9
Lol

Rao Kal El
I am making complete sense.

You need to let go of the puns. You killed any humor derived from these jokes about ten or so posts ago.

Are you pissed? smokin'

quanchi112
Are you pissed? smokin' No, but be careful when you poke a dragon you might get burned.

Rao Kal El
No, but be careful when you poke a dragon you might get burned.

Nah! I'll just piss on his mouth laughing

Btw "dragon"ette, ready to take the challenge or going beta again?

quanchi112
Nah! I'll just piss on his mouth laughing

Btw "dragon"ette, ready to take the challenge or going beta again? Hush, little doggie. Stick to the thread topic and quite not to take everything so personally.

The Manga Guru
Superman

Rao Kal El
Hush, little doggie. Stick to the thread topic and quite not to take everything so personally.

No again uh? Chin up

quanchi112
No again uh? Chin up I have no idea what you're even talking about. Abom wins. Irony.

Rao Kal El
I have no idea what you're even talking about. Abom wins. Irony.

Don't lie beta male, supes btw

quanchi112
Don't lie beta male, supes btw irony. Abom wins, pretender.

Rao Kal El
irony. Abom wins, pretender.

Pretender? laughing out loud

When you decide to man up, I am here bro, in the mean time keep beta behaving.

quanchi112
Pretender? laughing out loud

When you decide to man up, I am here bro, in the mean time keep beta behaving. Irony.

Stick to the topic and quit making things up.

abhilegend
How the **** would anybody pick Abomination here? Dude is a jobber through and through. The recent "abomination" wasn't even abomination to begin with, he was a clone with Hulk's DNA mixed up.

erm

Anybody who gets oneshotted by Hercules or Thor or get beaten by Wonder Man is supposed to be winning over Superman? ***** please.

The Manga Guru
Why you mad?

abhilegend
Originally posted by The Manga Guru
Why you mad?
Mad?

blink

-Pr-
Guys, stay on topic.

quanchi112
How the **** would anybody pick Abomination here? Dude is a jobber through and through. The recent "abomination" wasn't even abomination to begin with, he was a clone with Hulk's DNA mixed up.

erm

Anybody who gets oneshotted by Hercules or Thor or get beaten by Wonder Man is supposed to be winning over Superman? ***** please. You claimed abomination was Cheapshotted by Thor. I personally don't think one showing defines abominations entire history. I feel given the op abomination wins.

abhilegend
Yeah, the guy who gets oneshotted by Hercules and choked up by Namor is going to beat Superman in strength.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117763/2688609-hercules__3___page_22.jpg

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533428_NamorTheSub-Mariner59a.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533429_NamorTheSub-Mariner59b.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533430_NamorTheSub-Mariner59c.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533431_NamorTheSub-Mariner59d.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533432_NamorTheSub-Mariner59e.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533433_NamorTheSub-Mariner59f.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533434_NamorTheSub-Mariner59g.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533435_NamorTheSub-Mariner59h.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533436_NamorTheSub-Mariner59i.jpg

Get real.

abhilegend
Hell, at one point Rhino and Abomination koed each other.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19533441_HulkvsAbomination15.jpg

Lulz.

abhilegend
This was just lulzworthy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/29968/936552-abomxz4.jpg

laughing out loud

The Sorrow
Not really. Superman tears him in half like he did to doomsday.
Or Abomination beats the crap out of him like he did to Hulk and the Avengers.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Abomination lacks the feats, strengthwise, speedwise, durabilitywise to stand a chance against someone like Superman.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Abomination lacks the feats, strengthwise, speedwise, durabilitywise to stand a chance against someone like Superman.
If it is Waids version (most recent depiction of an Abomination) and not Emil Blonsky then beating up Hulk the way he did who had help from Iron Man, Cap Marvel, Sunspot and Cap America is enough. Emil would lose though.

DarkSaint85
Question:

Sunspot absorbs and fires solaar radiation, correct?

He absorbed Waidabomination's radiation - solar in nature?

What's to stop Superman from just getting massively amped off Waidabomination? Considering the number of times he's absorbed rads (am sure Abhi has the scans)?

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Question:

What's to stop Superman from just getting massively amped off Waidabomination? Considering the number of times he's absorbed rads (am sure Abhi has the scans)?
That's a bit of a reach imo. Hulk is more adept at absorbing radiation yet it still weakened him. It wasn't stated exactly what type of radiation it was iirc, it certainly wasn't solar energy though.

DarkSaint85
That's a bit of a reach imo. Hulk is more adept at absorbing radiation yet it still weakened him. It wasn't stated exactly what type of radiation it was iirc, it certainly wasn't solar energy though.

Which is why I asked. I always thought Sunspot only did solar.....as in, he's no Spectrum.

Delta1938
No, it just proves you can't debate and wish to bash your way out of this. Abom wins. Accept it.

Urine denial of urinecompetence. You missed how "urine" kind of sounds like "you're an" and stupidly wrote "urine an idiot" owning yourself. It's also funny you say I can't debate considering your history. But urine the closet hoping dearly that Rob accepts your request for a golden shower.

Delta1938

Which is why I asked. I always thought Sunspot only did solar.....as in, he's no Spectrum.

The Sun does produce gamma radiation, although not much. So if it's gamma, it's not a stretch to say Superman(Pre or Post-FLASHPOINT) could absorb it and get an amp.

abhilegend
Or Abomination beats the crap out of him like he did to Hulk and the Avengers.
Doomsday had better draining power than Abomination, we saw what happened to him.

abhilegend
Not really. Doomsday was stated to kill anybody else on planet in ten minutes and dissolved diana's magical sword in seconds. Superman still fought him extensively and tore him in half while heavily weakened. The same doomsday tore phantom zone in half, killed dozens of kryptonians, beat the shit out of Mongul and broke Diana's arms with a single punch. Abomination isn't that powerful.

pym-ftw
@Delta

Absorbing Solar Radiation =/= all the elements of solar radiation. I mean we know he doesnt absorb white light radiation or else he would appear as a black spot in comics.

Bentley
he would appear as a black spot in comics.

Let's not pretend the artists respect physics that much.

Kal wtf-pwns Abom.

carver9
You all are stretching with this radiation thing. If anything it would or baby weaken Superman. Captain Marvel absorbs EVERYTHING from a Black hole, to the sun, along with absorbing super humans powers as well and Abomination powers were weakening her. Superman doesn't have fts anywhere CLOSE to her absorption abilities. With that said, it depends on which version of Abomination we are talking about here.

Bentley
You all are stretching with this radiation thing. If anything it would or baby weaken Superman. Captain Marvel absorbs EVERYTHING from a Black hole, to the sun, along with absorbing super humans powers as well and Abomination powers were weakening her. Superman doesn't have fts anywhere CLOSE to her absorption abilities. With that said, it depends on which version of Abomination we are talking about here.

People were talking about Sunspot though, not Carol.

Delta1938
@Delta

Absorbing Solar Radiation =/= all the elements of solar radiation. I mean we know he doesnt absorb white light radiation or else he would appear as a black spot in comics.

Considering I said "it's not a stretch" and not "he will for sure," what's your point exactly? Also, I thought you had me on ignore?

I'd tell you to stop being so dense, but that would be telling you to stop being yourself. An impossibility.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
People were talking about Sunspot though, not Carol.

Ironman said "you both have the power to absorb radiation". Doesn't sound like a singular statement to me.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-07-25-02-27-37_zpsb355e87b.png.html

carver9
Considering I said "it's not a stretch" and not "he will for sure," what's your point exactly? Also, I thought you had me on ignore?

I'd tell you to stop being so dense, but that would be telling you to stop being yourself. An impossibility.

So DCNU Superman absorption fts are better than Carols?

Delta1938

I'm talking about you in general. So, your reply is an example.

carver9
I'm talking about you in general. So, your reply is an example.

Lol...so you're getting off topic?

Delta1938
Lol...so you're getting off topic?

Now it is that I've had to explain myself. But not my initial post.

And now that I have your attention, what happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread?

DarkSaint85
Ironman said "you both have the power to absorb radiation". Doesn't sound like a singular statement to me.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-07-25-02-27-37_zpsb355e87b.png.html

Lol my point was, which people have forgotten , is that I've only ever seen Sunspot, as his name suggest, absorb and fire solar radiation.

If people have scans of him doing a Spectrum and absorbing other kinds of rads, fine by me.

But if all he has done is solar radiation, then him doing it to Abom is strongly hinting at.....well, that its solar in nature.

Iron Man saying he has the ability to absorb radiation isn't wrong, and it adds nothing to the discussion.

DarkSaint85

In terms of solar rads, yes.

carver9
Lol my point was, which people have forgotten , is that I've only ever seen Sunspot, as his name suggest, absorb and fire solar radiation.

If people have scans of him doing a Spectrum and absorbing other kinds of rads, fine by me.

But if all he has done is solar radiation, then him doing it to Abom is strongly hinting at.....well, that its solar in nature.

Iron Man saying he has the ability to absorb radiation isn't wrong, and it adds nothing to the discussion.

In that same scan they state it was gamma radiation.

confused

carver9
In terms of solar rads, yes.

So Superman heat vision can amp Hulk or Abomination?

Delta1938

confused

The Sun does produce gamma radiation, although not much. So if it's gamma, it's not a stretch to say Superman(Pre or Post-FLASHPOINT) could absorb it and get an amp.

The Sun projects a wide array of energy.

Who knows? And are you going to tell me what happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread?

DarkSaint85

confused

The sun produces gamma too. confused

I thought hitting Hulk with pure gamma amps him confused

I just haven't seen that much of Sunspot. He's a niche character. All I've seen is him working with solar radiation (which has gamma). All his bios state he only works with solar rads....like I said, he's no Spectrum.

So just get a scan proving he does more than solar. Simple, right?

Lol and as for your question about whether Superman's HV amping Hulk/abomination.....Comparing apples and cars. Lol.

carver9
The sun produces gamma too. confused

I thought hitting Hulk with pure gamma amps him confused

I just haven't seen that much of Sunspot. He's a niche character. All I've seen is him working with solar radiation (which has gamma). All his bios state he only works with solar rads....like I said, he's no Spectrum.

So just get a scan proving he does more than solar. Simple, right?

Lol and as for your question about whether Superman's HV amping Hulk/abomination.....Comparing apples and cars. Lol.

Glad we agree heat vision will amp Abomination and Abomination energy will amp Superman. How strong would Abomination radiation make Superman. The last time he amped off solar energy and was glowing all red, he said that he could destroy a mountain. That wouldn't even tickle someone like Abomination.

Delta1938
Glad we agree heat vision will amp Abomination and Abomination energy will amp Superman. How strong would Abomination radiation make Superman. The last time he amped off solar energy and was glowing all red, he said that he could destroy a mountain. That wouldn't even tickle someone like Abomination.

He didn't. He said you comparing heat vision to gamma radiation is comparing apples to cars. And where are you on the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread, zeta male?

Bentley

So now Hulk amps with Gamma radiation? I've seen versions of Hulk killed by that same radiation, as if it were their kryptonite.

DarkSaint85
So you concede your point, because you have no proof? All I'm asking is to be educated here.... And no one has given me any reasons why if Sunspot can absorb it, why can't Superman. Just a load of straw men and NuUh, he can't.

Even a bio or wiki or something saying how he absorbed other types of rads would be good. I'm just interested in the character.

DarkSaint85
So now Hulk amps with Gamma radiation? I've seen versions of Hulk killed by that same radiation, as if it were their kryptonite.

Before he realised it was gamma, carver was absolutely convinced that gamma amped Hulk. Then had to backpedal pretty quickly oncethe comic came out saying it was radiation. It was glorious.

Delta1938
So you concede your point, because you have no proof? All I'm asking is to be educated here.... And no one has given me any reasons why if Sunspot can absorb it, why can't Superman. Just a load of straw men and NuUh, he can't.

Even a bio or wiki or something saying how he absorbed other types of rads would be good. I'm just interested in the character.

Since Kitty-Cat dodging me too is annoying me, I'm thinking of PMing you his Xbox LIVE gamertag so you can pester him.

Delta1938
Before he realised it was gamma, carver was absolutely convinced that gamma amped Hulk. Then had to backpedal pretty quickly oncethe comic came out saying it was radiation. It was glorious.

Link?

DarkSaint85
Link?

You need to provide proof that radiation weakens Hulk (lol) when we have the same writer turning Hulk into Doomsday with an overdose of radiation.

Lol at Hulk getting weakened by radiation. The same Hulk was hit by a nuke radiation bomb and was turned to this.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot9_zps4082ff04.jpg.html?sort=9&o=153

SMH.

Rao Kal El
I honestly think Carver should get a new hobby, and I don't mean comics.

But his dork crushing dreams are likely to not become real.

carver9

"Hulk is immune to most forms of radiation but GAMMA radiation has been known to trigger his transformation back into the Hulk".

http://postimg.org/image/iykvts2kt/

Marvel is all over the place with this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess it depends on the plot but during this instance against the Abomination, it was stated that the radiation was weakening him while at one point, the same writer had it amping him to unknown levels.

carver9

It depends on the plot. He has amped off gamma radiation before.

carver9

Ironman clearly states he absorbs radiation. No specifics was given.

DarkSaint85
Ironman clearly states he absorbs radiation. No specifics was given.

Yeah, and it proves nothing. We always knew he could absorb radiation.

carver9
Yeah, and it proves nothing. We always knew he could absorb radiation.

Agree to disagree because this isnt getting us anywhere. Also, stop trying to take the easy rout all of the time. With that said, IMO, Abomination would work Superman. IYO, you think the opposite and I don't mind. Abomination stomps if it's the new one. The old one loses the majority.

DarkSaint85
How is it the easy route?

I never even once said it was a way for Superman to win.

I merely asked the question, which nobody has been able to answer:

Question:

Sorrow just said no, it definitely wasn't (no proof);
Carver just....well, started talking about Captain Marvel and Hulk. Neither of whom are in this thread. Then posted scans of IM saying he absorbs rads. WE KNOW.

It's a simple question. Sunspot is a niche character.

I have only ever seen him absorb solar rads. Whenever he does so, he turns black. He's named Sunspot.

He's absorbing Abomination's rads. And turning black.

So.....has he ever absorbed other energies before?

carver9
Has it ever been stated that he couldn't absorb other energies? When was it limited to rays from the sun?

DarkSaint85

No limits fallacy, I see.

I've only ever seen him do solar. All the bios and wikis only say solar. I am ASKING if people have examples of him doing other energies.

Otherwise, its just wild speculation.

carver9

No limits fallacy, I see.

I've only ever seen him do solar. All the bios and wikis only say solar. I am ASKING if people have examples of him doing other energies.

Otherwise, its just wild speculation.

But it was stated in the same comic that Abomination radiation would weaken Sun Spot if he got close. Also, Carol can absorb radiation from the sun as well but Abomination rays weakened her. Think something else happened minus what we are thinking since during the end, Carol said that her and Sunspot need to dump that radiation before they have 'anger' issues.

So what we have here is...Tony telling Sunspot and Carol not to get close to Abomination because his radiation would weaken them (which goes against Sunspot amping statement), we have Carol getting weakened by it (even though she has absorbed radiation from the sun, hell, from any energy source) and we have a comment that makes it seem like it's much more than what we think.

DarkSaint85
So....you have nothing and are just extrapolating and thinking that there's more to it than what was shown, even though it was not shown?

OK.

We go by what's been shown in comics here.

Sunspot absorbs and channels solar rads.
He absorbed and channeled Abom's rads.

I haven't seen aything to suggest he's like Spectrum, or Cap, who can absorb and channel other forms of energy. I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE SHOWN THIS.

Until then, either
A: PIS moment by the writer, who doesn't know what Sunspot can or cannot do, or

B: it was solar.

A third option, C, where Sunspot was absorbing another form of energy besides solar, is also possible, but there is ZERO proof so far.

carver9
So....you have nothing and are just extrapolating and thinking that there's more to it than what was shown, even though it was not shown?

OK.

We go by what's been shown in comics here.

Sunspot absorbs and channels solar rads.
He absorbed and channeled Abom's rads.

I haven't seen aything to suggest he's like Spectrum, or Cap, who can absorb and channel other forms of energy. I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE SHOWN THIS.

Until then, either
A: PIS moment by the writer, who doesn't know what Sunspot can or cannot do, or

B: it was solar.

A third option, C, where Sunspot was absorbing another form of energy besides solar, is also possible, but there is ZERO proof so far.

That Sunspot couldn't get close to Abomination because It would weaken him? That isn't proof enough? OK then.

DarkSaint85
IIRC, they had to dump it before they got anger issues and started destroying things.

Not the best argument to use. Post the scan of the anger dumping.

carver9
IIRC, they had to dump it before they got anger issues and started destroying things.

Not the best argument to use. Post the scan of the anger dumping.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-07-25-12-07-23_zpsa601116e.png.html

Also, radiation from the sun amps Sun Spot, not weaken him.

DarkSaint85
Lol. The scan just said let's burn it off before it becomes an anager management problem.

All this to-ing and fro-ing is coming to nothing. All I wanted is proof that he can do it to other forms of energy. That is all.

carver9
Lol. The scan just said let's burn it off before it becomes an anager management problem.

All this to-ing and fro-ing is coming to nothing. All I wanted is proof that he can do it to other forms of energy. That is all.

But, radiation from the sun amps him, Sunspot being close to Abomination weakens him. Why can't you grasp this? If Sunspot was unable to amp being close to Abomination, how in the world would Superman be able to amp when both Sunspot and Superman use the same source for their powers? Do you get It now?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman can absorb other forms of energy wink.

carver9
Superman can absorb other forms of energy wink.

Even though I don't think Pre Reboot Superman can absorb Abomination energy, this is current Superman who doesn't have the type of fts you are mentioning.

DarkSaint85
But, radiation from the sun amps him, Sunspot being close to Abomination weakens him. Why can't you grasp this? If Sunspot was unable to amp being close to Abomination, how in the world would Superman be able to amp when both Sunspot and Superman use the same source for their powers? Do you get It now?

Until I see Bobby doing it with other forms of energy, I remain convinced that there are solar components to the rads.

Rao Kal El
Post Crsis Superman has even absorbed chronal energy mmm

carver9
Until I see Bobby doing it with other forms of energy, I remain convinced that there are solar components to the rads.

I already provided you a scan of him doing it against other forms of radiation. He absorbed energy that weakens him and had to release it at a cost.

carver9
Post Crsis Superman has even absorbed chronal energy mmm

Wonder why he can't absorb red sunlight?

Delta1938
So, Carter. What happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread? Or did you post since I went to bed and I missed it?

carver9
So, Carter. What happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread? Or did you post since I went to bed and I missed it?

Yeah, I posted it in another thread but you never answered.

Rao Kal El

Um... He does, it just does not gives him power

DarkSaint85
I already provided you a scan of him doing it against other forms of radiation. He absorbed energy that weakens him and had to release it at a cost.

Lol the cost, from what I saw, was that he would be so angered he would lash out and endanger his teammates/civilians, a la Hulk.

Not somebody you want to be tied to at the wrist with an undestructible rope, and certainly not if they were your strength level with other powers.

So....you kinda shot yourself there.

carver9
Um... He does, it just does not gives him power

So there are forms of gamma radiation that weakens him? Also, Carol absorption fts>>>>>>>>> Superman's and we seen how her absorption abilities faired against Abomination. Thanks for the info though.

DarkSaint85

I wonder that too. Especially as he has been shown to do exactly that.

If he can't absorb it, it would't affect him, dolt.

carver9
Lol the cost, from what I saw, was that he would be so angered he would lash out and endanger his teammates/civilians, a la Hulk.

Not somebody you want to be tied to at the wrist with an undestructible rope, and certainly not if they were your strength level with other powers.

So....you kinda shot yourself there.

I really didn't shoot myself since when Sunspots amps off solar energy, it does nothing to his attitude.

DarkSaint85
So there are forms of gamma radiation that weakens him? Also, Carol absorption fts>>>>>>>>> Superman's and we seen how her absorption abilities faired against Abomination. Thanks for the info though.

No.

Jeez, do you even know what Superman's powers are?

carver9
I wonder that too. Especially as he has been shown to do exactly that.

If he can't absorb it, it would't affect him, dolt.

So some form of gamma radiation weakens him? thumb up

DarkSaint85
I really didn't shoot myself since when Sunspots amps off solar energy, it does nothing to his attitude.

Unless it amps him so much he becomes a raging monster. Which he was on his way to becoming if they didn't bleed it off.

Imagine Superman as a raging monster....

carver9
No.

Jeez, do you even know what Superman's powers are?

So Red sunlight doesn't weaken him? Does he become more powerful?

Delta1938
Originally posted by smelly cat
Yeah, I posted it in another thread but you never answered.

What thread? And why wouldn't you post in the Superman vs Wonder Woman?

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think Carver is trying to make a point, the logic is just beyond our intellectual level.

DarkSaint85
So some form of gamma radiation weakens him? thumb up

FFS.

No. Red sun radiation is NOT gamma. Jesus Christ lol.

You're acting as if we bathe in gamma radiation everytime its sunny outside.

carver9
Unless it amps him so much he becomes a raging monster. Which he was on his way to becoming if they didn't bleed it off.

Imagine Superman as a raging monster....

Where did it say anything about amping him? Again, solar energy doesn't do anything to Sunspot to Sunspot attitude which means what exactly?

DarkSaint85
So Red sunlight doesn't weaken him? Does he become more powerful?

Do you know what solar energy and gamma energy is?

Rao Kal El
So there are forms of gamma radiation that weakens him?

Incorrect, Let me phrase this for you; there are forms or solar radiation that DO NOT GIVE HIM POWERS!

Also, Carol absorption fts>>>>>>>>> Superman's and we seen how her absorption abilities faired against Abomination. Thanks for the info though.

That is relative.

Carol has to concentrate to absorb energy. Superman does not.

Just pointing out the differences between oranges and apples

carver9
FFS.

No. Red sun radiation is NOT gamma. Jesus Christ lol.

You're acting as if we bathe in gamma radiation everytime its sunny outside.

When did i say we bathe in gamma radiation? You all are the ones that is saying Superman absorbs all forms of energy.

Rao Kal El
I don't thing I said ALL forms of radiation

Those ones coming out of the sun, yes, he absorbs ALL of the ones from the sun, it just happens that the ones from a red Sun do not power him, in the sense a yellow or a blue one will.

If kryptonians were not able to absorb Red solar energy they could not have lived in Krypton for millions of years, it does not gives them power, it does not mean that they cannot absorb it.

Delta1938
I think Carver is trying to make a point, the logic is just beyond our intellectual level.

This Carter's world, we're just lucky enough for him to let us live in it. No matter what we say, he's the prettiest girl in the room, and nobody can change that.

carver9
Incorrect, Let me phrase this for you; there are forms or solar radiation that DO NOT GIVE HIM POWERS!

That is relative.

Carol has to concentrate to absorb energy. Superman does not.

Just pointing out the differences between oranges and apples

So there are radiation out there that weakens him?

WTF. Where did you get she had to concentrate in order to absorb energy. Didn't she just absorb energy from a Black Hole not realizing she was doing it, AND, went Binary? There are other instances as well where she went Binary and didn't even actively do it by absorbing energy...like during the time she fought Collective.

DarkSaint85
When did i say we bathe in gamma radiation? You all are the ones that is saying Superman absorbs all forms of energy.

When did I or we say he absorbs all forms?

FFS.

Delta1938
When did I or we say he absorbs all forms?

FFS.

When you cornered Kitty-Cat.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>