Strongest anime verse?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bignose30
There are many powerful anime/manga verses(Saint Seiya, DBZ,Bastard!!, etc) But what is the most powerful anime verse?

StealthRanger
Tenchi-verse is the most powerful from what I've heard

Q99
Yea, probably Tenchi.

One that I'll mention that isn't Tenchi high, but is surprising high- Ah! My Goddess. A computer virus inside Yggdrasil can stop all time forever, Earth has countless parallels all run by the goddesses, etc..

NemeBro
Tenchi is the strongest I can think of, but IIRC there are others about that level. Maybe even above.

I'll look into it one day.

Edit: Actually doesn't Digimon have a shit-ton of multiversal characters as well?

Bignose30
Tenchi? As in Tenchi muyo? I've heard about it but what can that verse really do?

KingD19
Digimon can get ridiculously powerful yes.

socool8520
Guren Lagan verse was pretty ridiculous. Big bang level power and attacks hitting people in different time periods and such.

yungz22
Surprised no fan boys said dbz yet

socool8520
I didn't keep up with DBZ after the Cell saga, how far above planet busting are they?

KingD19
Bills is a galaxy(I think, possibly universe) buster. He casually destroys planets that piss him off. Like, he doesn't need to throw a Death Ball at the core of a planet to set off a chain reaction. He snaps his fingers and it blows up. And the guy who trained him is even more powerful, so take that for what you will.

StealthRanger
Bills busting a galaxy is just a statement based on no feats, which makes it questionable at best

Top tiers are at least starbusters

Buu Saga characters are small star busting at least

socool8520
Ahhh. Thanks, I'll have to finish that manga sometime.

danteiscool
Yeah, DBZ is strong, no doubt, but at the very, very best, maybe low end solar system busters and I'm referring to Bills at full power or his master, Whis.

That said, isn't Sailor Moon also surprisingly strong? Like potential galaxy busters or something? I also hear that Slayers has a night-omnipotent entity too.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Bills busting a galaxy is just a statement based on no feats, which makes it questionable at best

Top tiers are at least starbusters

Buu Saga characters are small star busting at least

Where are you getting these estimates?

Buuhan was capable of screaming away "all of creation", and Vegetto punched through a barrier that was therefor stronger than reality, and did so casually.

Bills is a QUADRANT buster, as in "Quadrant... Of the universe, which is what they are called in DBZ.". Whiss' statement was, "You really should be careful about getting Lord Bills upset. When he gets angry, entire quadrants disappear in an instant.". Him being a multi-BILLION year old trainer of gods pretty much merits the statements validity, as it does with Lord Boros in One punch man, and Vegeta in early DBZ.

SSJGGogeta
Just to piss you ho's off, I'm throwing DBZ in here.

Also, Umineko. Which is probably the overall strongest, just because of Featherine, who's a multiveral god, that can span her influence and power, apparently, into any incantation of creation itself. Basically suggesting that she's a god in other series too.

BloodRain
Purely original anime/manga or ones that tie-in to other media?

Going with Tenchi. As mentioned Digimon is up there. The seals being unlocked on Zeed alone could destroy the entire Digimon multiverse.

yungz22
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Where are you getting these estimates?

Buuhan was capable of screaming away "all of creation", and Vegetto punched through a barrier that was therefor stronger than reality, and did so casually.

Bills is a QUADRANT buster, as in "Quadrant... Of the universe, which is what they are called in DBZ.". Whiss' statement was, "You really should be careful about getting Lord Bills upset. When he gets angry, entire quadrants disappear in an instant.". Him being a multi-BILLION year old trainer of gods pretty much merits the statements validity, as it does with Lord Boros in One punch man, and Vegeta in early DBZ.

I think that whole buuhan vegeto thing was filler not sure though.

There is nothing specific in whis's statement so it is still questionable and could be hyperbole.

Quadrants vary and we have no way of knowing how big the part of the universe hes talking. A quadrant can be as big as a solar system or much much larger its too inspecific.

KingD19
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Universe

This might help.

Based
Super Saiyan 4's can't even hold buildings.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Tenchi is essentially TOAA of anime/manga until proven otherwise. I believe the Lord of Nightmares, at least that's what I think dante was referring too, is up there. Didn't know Digimon had such heavy hitters but I''ll bite.

Idk how DBZ even made it here since their best guys are only star busters at the most: and that's giving them at lot more credit than they deserve.

Bignose30
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well Tenchi is essentially TOAA of anime/manga until proven otherwise. I believe the Lord of Nightmares, at least that's what I think dante was referring too, is up there. Didn't know Digimon had such heavy hitters but I''ll bite.

Idk how DBZ even made it here since their best guys are only star busters at the most: and that's giving them at lot more credit than they deserve.
They are a very powerful verse.They at least deserve an honorable mention but based on hype, no one in the DBZ verse can compare to beings like Virgo Shaka or Dark Schneider.

Hmm i should take a look at the manga of Tenchi or something.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Bignose30
They are a very powerful verse.They at least deserve an honorable mention but based on hype, no one in the DBZ verse can compare to beings like Virgo Shaka or Dark Schneider.

Perhaps but there's so much better out.

I believe anime take precedence for Techi Muyo however find the subs is a pain.

pym-ftw
Yugioh most likely. Atum by the end of the series had the embodiment of God as a summon.

As far as feats Big Venus from Big O warped the universe into a time loop and demonstrated universal reality warping.

Q99
Tenchi? As in Tenchi muyo? I've heard about it but what can that verse really do?

The Goddesses (name, 'Choushin,' literally translates as 'super gods') made countless universes as part of an experiment to create something more powerful than than. They cannot manifest fully in our universe without destroying it, they're simply too powerful. And too 12th dimensional.

Tenchi, in the future, will be even stronger than them. In the present he once temporarily awakened some of his future potential and the galaxy was destroyed, and was in danger of messing up the entire universe. His future self came back and got him out of control.

However, things like 'the galaxy being destroyed' is easily fixed by the Choushin. You see the incident that caused Tenchi to awaken was when Z, a Lighthawk Wing user- Lighthawk Wings being the 'manifestation of god power' and an effectively perfect defense that can translate any amount of incoming fire into a harmless form, though they can be canceled out by other LHWs- from another universe was angry at one of the Choushin for not resetting his universe to undo the death of his family (Only the Goddesses, things that draw on the Goddesses, and the results of the multiversal experiment can make Wings. Goddesses can recreate anything perfectly, even people, with the sole exception of the ability to independently make LHWs, so they won't mess with anything that prevents the occurrence of such an individual or that could kill such an individual).

So, Z shows up, erases the moon and 1/3rd of the earth with a casual gesture, gets in a fight with Tenchi, summons the immortal manifestation of the Goddesses' meddling in the third dimension to keep the goddesses occupied (as, after all, they're limited to their third dimensional forms unless they want to blow up the universe, and it can match them as long as they're limited to not using their power because they don't want to kill the LHW users by blowing up the universe), blah blah blah, Tenchi semi-awakens and the galaxy blows up.

In short, there's at least 4 characters of a multiversal level.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well Tenchi is essentially TOAA of anime/manga until proven otherwise. I believe the Lord of Nightmares, at least that's what I think dante was referring too, is up there.

Yea, the Lord of Nightmares, L-sama, is an infinite sea of chaos with multiple universes emerging from her than she made for fun and is capable of just as easily destroying.

DBZ is an answer for people who don't know the big stuff, pretty much.

Bills has the job of destroying galaxies, but that's not significant to the bigger players in some of the others.

Heck, it's below Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, where you get things like galaxies thrown as shuriken and inexhaustible continually growing energy, and that's not one of the top players either.

The manga doesn't have the big stuff- it's mostly side story and normally deals with light hearted and comedic adventures. Tenchi Muyo, btw, is mostly a comedy-harem show, just where almost all the characters are absurdly powerful, but that doesn't get in the way of most of the series focusing on the comedy stuff. Heck, one translation is 'No Need for Tenchi,' Tenchi even though he's the main character isn't so much the focus most of the time as something for the girls to fight over ^^

The OAV series, especially the third one, is where most of the big stuff happens.

Then there's alternate continuities like the Tenchi Universe TV series, where Washu can make a galaxy-destroying cannon, but it is of course a much less powerful setting.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Based
Super Saiyan 4's can't even hold buildings.

GT reference = fail.

I'm not even sure if that really counts as anime. It belongs on nickelodeon.

Btw, it's not cannon, and wasn't made by Akira Toriyama.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by yungz22
I think that whole buuhan vegeto thing was filler not sure though.

There is nothing specific in whis's statement so it is still questionable and could be hyperbole.

Quadrants vary and we have no way of knowing how big the part of the universe hes talking. A quadrant can be as big as a solar system or much much larger its too inspecific.

It wasn't filler, because it's addressed in Daizenshuu volume 7, but it wasn't originally in the manga. It was added in with consideration from Akira Toriyama. In case you don't know who that is, it's the author of DB/DBZ.

Well he said "quadrant", and they have used that term before, even going as far as discussing the dub error of the term "galaxy" in the english dub of the anime, when King Kai was supposed to be saying that he controls the north QUADRANT, which is meant to be taken as literally as it sounds. Quad means four, and in this case, they govern areas so massive that it takes thousands of light years to get their from Earth, meaning either galaxies in DBZ are hundreds to thousands of times larger than real ones, or their was a simple dubbing error(which their was). Also, everything in BotG's was meant to be as accurate and cannon as possible, being made with very careful consideration and effort by AT.

How could it be hyperbole? Look up what that word means again, I'm not re-educating you in English.

That would't make much sense, would it? Considering that 1. Enemies as early as Frieza were star+ level, and 2. That king kai looked over a span of trillions to possibly even more space, would lead me to presume, that since the largest galaxy is only a few billion light years wide(which is about 50 times larger than the milky way galaxy), there's no way that it could be simply talking about a galaxy here. Those measurements are from Bulma's calculations, and the fact that she could reach mars in some amount of time less than one second from Earth in a spaceship it took a month to reach Namek.

NemeBro
edit

NemeBro
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
It wasn't filler, because it's addressed in Daizenshuu volume 7, but it wasn't originally in the manga. Page?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.