Strength Ratings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hercules is a solid 100, strength only, how would you rank following characters:

Grey Hulk
Savage Hulk
WWH
WBH
Current Hulk
Maestro
WWH Sentry
VoidSentry
Death Sentry
Gladiator (full confidence)
Silver Surfer, current
Tutinax
Thor
B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)
Of Thor
Thor from the Gorr arc
Thanos, before the IG saga
Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers
Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son
Captain Marvel, pre DCnU
Shazam DCnU
Captain Marvel FC
Black Adam WW3
Black Adam, DCnU
Ultraman, after a nose of knite
Mazahs, before he died
Superman, pre DCnU
Superman, DCnU
Superman, FC
Superman OWAW
Superdoom
Doomsday, DOS
Doomsday, HP
Doomsday, DCnU before being ripped apart by Superman
Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU
Martian Manhunter, DCnU
Wonder Woman, pre DCnU
Wonder Woman, DCnU cuffed
Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed
Aquaman, DCnU
Aquaman, pre DCnU

feel free to add a char if you wish

Rao Kal El
I smell shitstorm

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/162/634/Abandon-thread1.gif

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

laughing out loud

uhuh

laughing

huhu

Inhuman
Whatever characters you like the most are at the top.
The ones you don't like , lowballed at the bottom.

/end thread

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Inhuman

/end thread

I disagree,
even if bias would be involved, ok it will be involved, still yopu would find an average in Marvel chars (from pro-Marvel fans) and an average in DC (from pro-DC fans), combine both to get a result.

riv6672
Thats pretty much how these threads break down.
This is a really long list, too. Hope to get to it eventually.

Rao Kal El
All you need to know is that Aquaman is at the bottom, no pun intended.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I smell shitstorm

laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Inhuman

/end thread yup, that's the intention of this thread.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Insane Titan
yup, that's the intention of this thread.

Nope, you are wrong. I can't force people to answer the way I want to.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Nope, you are wrong. I can't force people to answer the way I want to. it's a thread made by you, therefore it's impossible for me to be wrong.

Prof. T.C McAbe
it's a thread made by you, therefore it's impossible for me to be wrong.
Why the hate? Be constructive, positive, participate and have fun. ^^

Insane Titan
Why the hate? Be constructive, positive, participate and have fun. ^^ hate? It's called truth.

Practice what you preach.

Prof. T.C McAbe
hate? It's called truth.

Practice what you preach.

I made a thread, asked for the ratings others would give. How much more truth do you need?

So do you want to participate or keep on hating?

And if you don't see it, please show me what is wrong with the question I asked smile. In case you didn't notice, I didn't rate, I asked a simple question. wink

Xplosive
I always thought that full confidence Gladiator could beat Thanos at raw strenght, and if necessarely, even WBH,... he is that kind of character.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Xplosive
I always thought that full confidence Gladiator could beat Thanos at raw strenght, and if necessarely, even WBH,... he is that kind of character.

I though so too, at least the part with Thanos. So how would you rate Thanos, WBH and Glads, if Herc is a 100?

Xplosive
I thought so too, at least the part with Thanos. So how would you rate Thanos, WBH and Glads, if Herc is a 100?

I would put WBH and Gladiator above Thanos. If we go into detail, WBH above Gladiator, but only because of Hulk being so popular, but in my opinion, Gladiator could operate at completely those level WBH did in his best showings (this is only strenght wise), overall, he could take down such beings as WBH alone.

Gladiator was always a real deal in my eyes.

Stoic
I would put WBH and Gladiator above Thanos. If we go into detail, WBH above Gladiator, but only because of Hulk being so popular, but in my opinion, Gladiator could operate at completely those level WBH did in his best showings (this is only strenght wise), overall, he could take down such beings as WBH alone.

Gladiator was always a real deal in my eyes.

WBH is far above Gladiator. This is from on panel evidence. Thanos is as well. Gladiator is strong, but he's more on Herc's level. Just ask yourself how well Gladiator would have done in a test of strength with Tyrant. Tyrant would have folded Gladiator IMO. And it wasn't because of popularity either, it's just where Gladiator is in comparison to WBH, and Thanos.

Xplosive
Tyrant already folded Gladiator along with others. Tyrant is completely different leauge, strenght and overall wise.

I just want to say that Gladiator is one of those that could be written that way and wouldn't be blown out of proportions, because he is one of those.

If he can be written to beat Ego down, to tear stars down easily, traveling 100xspeed of light, to contain the power that would destroy half a solar system etc... he was always dangerous.

Even when Hulk beat him in 1997, that was just not real. Gladiator should be too much for that Hulk.

Nowadays... where was WBH far above Gladiator (I have no doubt about that, since Hulk is monstrously over written smile, good that Zeus put him in his place... good that Grek Pak said not even WBH is not level of Zeus)?

Anyway, Gladiator could be written at those level (WBH, Thanos), maybe even was, but we forgot how powerful he can be and to fight with all powers he has, Gladiator is wow.

I know this is strenght wise thread... WBH, WWH, Gladiator > Thanos.

Newjak
Way too many characters and variations on the same character in this thread, and way to many agendas hidden in lineup.

And I'm not talking about the OP but just in general everyone is going to have wildly differing lists based on like and dislike for characters.

You could have a hard time getting people to agree on character levels between the different versions of that character. Although that may be the best way to approach this thread.

Organize the different variations of the characters then try and meld those lists into one coherent one.

Stoic
Originally posted by Newjak
Way too many characters and variations on the same character in this thread, and way to many agendas hidden in lineup.

And I'm not talking about the OP but just in general everyone is going to have wildly differing lists based on like and dislike for characters.

You could have a hard time getting people to agree on character levels between the different versions of that character. Although that may be the best way to approach this thread.

Organize the different variations of the characters then try and meld those lists into one coherent one.

This is what I was thinking as well. There are simply too many characters listed to be worth any form of debate.

Tyrant already folded Gladiator along with others. Tyrant is completely different leauge, strenght and overall wise.

I just want to say that Gladiator is one of those that could be written that way and wouldn't be blown out of proportions, because he is one of those.

If he can be written to beat Ego down, to tear stars down easily, traveling 100xspeed of light, to contain the power that would destroy half a solar system etc... he was always dangerous.

Even when Hulk beat him in 1997, that was just not real. Gladiator should be too much for that Hulk.

Nowadays... where was WBH far above Gladiator (I have no doubt about that, since Hulk is monstrously over written smile, good that Zeus put him in his place... good that Grek Pak said not even WBH is not level of Zeus)?

Anyway, Gladiator could be written at those level (WBH, Thanos), maybe even was, but we forgot how powerful he can be and to fight with all powers he has, Gladiator is wow.

I know this is strenght wise thread... WBH, WWH, Gladiator > Thanos.

Gladiator was folded by Tyrant, Thanos was able to take his measure. This should tell you all that you need to know. Gladiator at full confidence nearly had his arm broken by that ancient alien several years ago when he threw a punch at him. What I get from your post is that this is how you feel about the character, and not what he is capable of doing against a powerful character in a battle of strength. Nova Prime, and even the new Nova is capable of surpassing the speed of light. Nova just traveled 15 light years in less than 20 minutes. Beta Ray Bill was destroying planets in his battle with Stardust. This does not mean that you can place either of these guys on that level.

WB Hulk and Betty destroyed more than just a planet without even touching the real estate that was turned into dust, and boulders. This is a much larger feat than what Gladiator has ever been written up to. When the Hulk wasn't even at world breaker levels he was measured to be over 113 times stronger than Hercules. Zeus is a Sky Father, and he should be able to defeat a Trans level character as easily as a trans level character should be able to beat a Herald level character. The rest of your post seems to be more of a bait and switch, which has no place here.

Xplosive
Thanos wasn't folded by Tyrant and Hulk was easily folded by Zeus, so that means Thanos should be stronger than Hulk, which he isn't and never was and that was time when Hulk would be folded just as all those others against Tyrant were and Hulk today should be folded today by excatly the same Tyrant those six were (even WBH who is far above Thanos strenght wise).

Everything is just written here and there nowadays.

And what you said about Hulk and Betty is not at all a much larger feat than Gladiator tearing stars apart with his bare hands easily.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic
This is what I was thinking as well. There are simply too many characters listed to be worth any form of debate.

Gladiator was folded by Tyrant, Thanos was able to take his measure. This should tell you all that you need to know. Gladiator at full confidence nearly had his arm broken by that ancient alien several years ago when he threw a punch at him. What I get from your post is that this is how you feel about the character, and not what he is capable of doing against a powerful character in a battle of strength. Nova Prime, and even the new Nova is capable of surpassing the speed of light. Nova just traveled 15 light years in less than 20 minutes. Beta Ray Bill was destroying planets in his battle with Stardust. This does not mean that you can place either of these guys on that level.

WB Hulk and Betty destroyed more than just a planet without even touching the real estate that was turned into dust, and boulders. This is a much larger feat than what Gladiator has ever been written up to. When the Hulk wasn't even at world breaker levels he was measured to be over 113 times stronger than Hercules. Zeus is a Sky Father, and he should be able to defeat a Trans level character as easily as a trans level character should be able to beat a Herald level character. The rest of your post seems to be more of a bait and switch, which has no place here.

Sorry, so you say that WBH is 11300 in strength if Herc is a 100?

bbrem123
this list needs to be wayyyy shorter

Xplosive
And yes it is a popularity contest... someone like Gladiator to lose against Black Bolt (who is very powerful) twice is only because of that. Gladiator should tear him apart every single time... not to mention Black Bolt trading punches with him smile (who is not 1% on Gladiator level going by strenght) ... they would never write Black Bolt trading punches with WWH and hold his own.

Stoic
Thanos wasn't folded by Tyrant and Hulk was easily folded by Zeus, so that means Thanos should be stronger than Hulk, which he isn't and never was and that was time when Hulk would be folded just as all those others against Tyrant were and Hulk today should be folded today by excatly the same Tyrant those six were (even WBH who is far above Thanos strenght wise).

And what you said about Hulk and Betty is not at all a much larger feat than Gladiator tearing stars apart with his bare hands easily.

Gladiator tore stars apart, but then was torn apart by the Hulk, and a dying one at that. What does that mean to you? I'm really curious. Does it mean that the Hulk could have possessed the amount of strength to also tear apart a similar object? Of course it does, and again that was a Hulk that was dying.

I made a point of Thanos being far above Gladiator by showing you how easily Tyrant dealt with Gladiator while not being able to do the same to Thanos. Please follow what I am saying, and not what you interpret me to be saying.

The Hulk while not even being at world breaker levels was measured to be over 113 times more powerful than Hercules, by taking a hit to his internal organs by a conceptual being named Hope. Gladiator was beaten by Masterson Thor. WB Hulk was completely oblivious to Herald level characters as they hit him in the Dark Dimension. These two aren't comparable.

The difference between what Gladiator did to static object, and what WB Hulk did to them as well as actual opponents on Gladiator's level is pretty clear. One has collateral damage feats, while the other has both collateral damage feats, and combat feats. Before the Hulk was at world breaker levels he ramped up enough power to over power Sakaar's imminent destruction. This is leagues above anything that gladiator has done.

You really don't want to get into a feat war between Gladiator, and the Hulk, because even Savage Hulk of the 70's can more than compete with Gladiator in terms of strength feats. world breaker Hulk was written to be far above this level. Even Mindless Hulk would beat the life out of Gladiator, and he was dying as well. Unless you think Gladiator would be able to beat up on Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, Wonder Man, and Doctor Samson?

And what I said about Betty, and the Hulk was far above anything that Gladiator can do, and has done on panel. Collateral damage only goes so far, when you then compare how well that character does against an actual threat that fights back.

Stoic
Sorry, so you say that WBH is 11300 in strength if Herc is a 100?

Go to the respect thread, and check out what it says in concerns to Hope, and then you tell me. These aren't my words, only what I read in a comic book. Since none of this is real, I don't see why it would be so hard to believe.

Stoic
And yes it is a popularity contest... someone like Gladiator to lose against Black Bolt (who is very powerful) twice is only because of that. Gladiator should tear him apart every single time... not to mention Black Bolt trading punches with him smile (who is not 1% on Gladiator level going by strenght) ... they would never write Black Bolt trading punches with WWH and hold his own.

Gladiator was not able to do any of those things, which means his creators have clearly placed him at that level. You feeling one way or the other about it does not change the canon. You're just a fan like me.

Xplosive
Gladiator tore stars apart, but then was torn apart by the Hulk, and a dying one at that. What does that mean to you?

What does that mean... very very simple... a popularity contest like many many many times happens in comics... someone very very capable isn't written not even close to his abilites... but then in another issue is a completely different level.

Black Bolt trading punches with Gladiator and holding his own is just a joke.

Black Bolt is not 1% of Gladiator going by strenght.

Gladiator was not able to do any of those things, which means his creators have clearly placed him at that level. You feeling one way or the other about it does not change the canon. You're just a fan like me.

Wow... enough said. What can I tell you... you are right and you win.

The Sorrow
WBH was basically the personification of physical power, no one in the trans tier and under will be able to match his might outside of external amps. It took other Hulks amped multiple times over (becoming "Worldbreakers" themselves) to be capable of fighting him head-on and even then it was just Hulk doing what he loves... Smashing. Superman is his only near rival when the story calls for it (OWAW) and someone like Thor with the Odin Force would be next. Thanos is stronger than any of the other heralds imo.

Stoic
What does that mean... very very simple... a popularity contest like many many many times happens in comics... someone very very capable isn't written not even close to his abilites... but then in another issue is a completely different level.

Black Bolt trading punches with Gladiator and holding his own is just a joke.

Black Bolt is not 1% of Gladiator going by strenght.

Wow... enough said. What can I tell you... you are right and you win.

No because collateral damage only goes so far in comics, you have to also take the characters ability at combat against an opponent that can fight back. The Hulk was able to tear through a dimensional barrier more than once. This doesn't mean much if he is unable to do as well against an actual opponent. You want to see it one sided, but refuse to see both sides. This is simple stuff really.

If Gladiator was this powerful, he would have been able to one shot kill a teenage Colossus, but he didn't. The popularity excuse, like the collateral damage argument only goes so far. Canon says that Gladiator is in Black Bolt's league period. Gladiator was measured, and he is simply not the character that you believe that he is. Strong Yes, WB Hulk strong No, not even close.

Xplosive
Originally posted by The Sorrow
WBH was basically the personification of physical power, no one in the trans tier and under will be able to match his might outside of external amps. It took other Hulks amped multiple times over (becoming "Worldbreakers" themselves) to be capable of fighting him head-on and even then it was just Hulk doing what he loves... Smashing. Superman is his only near rival when the story calls for it (OWAW) and someone like Thor with the Odin Force would be next. Thanos is stronger than any of the other heralds imo.

I agree that WBH is strongest in that level.

Xplosive
If Gladiator was this powerful, he would have been able to one shot kill a teenage Colossus, but he didn't.

Would Gladiator be able to one shot and kill teenage Colossus?... yes... will he do it or will happen?... it won't.

Stoic
Would Gladiator be able to one shot and kill teenage Colossus?... yes... will he do it or will happen?... it won't.

If he was capable of doing so, he would have just easily restrained him, and choked him out. He didn't. Marvel never saw him to be above top tier in terms of strength. Look at how strong Thor is. He was able to go at it with guys they would tear Gladiator apart. These two are still top tiers in terms of strength. This isn't a bad thing. The only thing that I'm saying is that Thanos, and the Green Scar, are above top tier at their best. Again collateral damage means nothing. All top tiers have crazy ass collateral damage feats.

Insane Titan
Lol at the Gladiator nonsense

Stoic
Lol at the Gladiator nonsense

Exactly. He's strong, I'll give him that, but he's not Trans tier strong, which has be proven time and time again, and it will be proven again in the future. Bet on it.

LordofBrooklyn
1)Superman OWAW- Sundipped taken into account.
2)WBH- The 2nd greatest display of strength in comics history.
Current Hulk
3)Ultraman, after a nose of knite- To smash a heralds face with minimal effort says it all. It is similar to what would happen if I grabbed Bada by his snout and exacted justice
4)Superman, pre DCnU- The augmentation at the end of the Pre DCNU places him here.
5)Savage Hulk- Feat after feat of insane strength.
6)Doomsday, HP- The adaptation from DOS puts him here.
7)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
8)WWH- The battles in the arc are impressive as well as the feats.
9)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
10)Doomsday, DOS- Pushing Superman to the point of killing says it all.
11)Superman, DCnU- A recent boost in power justifies the ranking.
12)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
13)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
14)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
15)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
16)Black Adam WW3- There is a WWH effect where the opponents are holding back.
17)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
18)Thor- This seems about right for Thor.
19)WWH Sentry- The calming aura plays a part.
20)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
21)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
22) Silver Surfer- The nature of the character and feats.
23)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
24)Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed- More showings will result in a higher ranking.
25)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
26) Tutinax- I think Tutinax edges Grey Hulk
27) Grey Hulk- Original shade Banner is in the right place.
28)Shazam DCnU- Billy needs more feats.
29)Black Adam DCNU- See above.
30)Martian Manhunter DCNU
31)Aquaman DCNU

* Superman FC & Captain Marvel FC*- Lifting infinity says it all but the more interesting debates involve the other characters/versions.

*Superdoom*- Too early

*Thor from the Gorr arc*- Shared feats and hyperbole make an accurate appraisal difficult.

*Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers*- There weren't many moments to gauge pure strength.

*Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son*- If we got to see Super Saiyan Thanos in action that would change things.

This is the DEFINITIVE list!

I will CRUSH any who challenge the King of Canon's judgement here!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Current Hulk
3)Ultraman, after a nose of knite- To smash a heralds face with minimal effort says it all. It is similar to what would happen if I grabbed Bada by his snout and exacted justice
4)Superman, pre DCnU- The augmentation at the end of the Pre DCNU places him here.
7)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
9)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
12)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
13)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
14)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
15)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
17)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
20)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
21)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
23)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
25)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
31)Aquaman DCNU

* Superman FC & Captain Marvel FC*- Lifting infinity says it all but the more interesting debates involve the other characters/versions.

*Superdoom*- Too early

*Thor from the Gorr arc*- Shared feats and hyperbole make an accurate appraisal difficult.

*Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers*- There weren't many moments to gauge pure strength.

*Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son*- If we got to see Super Saiyan Thanos in action that would change things.

It is a great List but I was hoping for numbers ^^.

riv6672
Wow, surprisingly civil thread so far.
At least until someone ends up crushed...

LordofBrooklyn
It is a great List but I was hoping for numbers ^^.

The numbers are for little people.

The King of Canon has done his job! cool

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
Wow, surprisingly civil thread so far.
At least until someone ends up crushed...

It will remain civil as no one is FOOLISH enough to challenge my rankings!

riv6672
Actually, i'd switch 1 and 2 on your list....angel

Stoic
The numbers are for little people.

The King of Canon has done his job! cool

That shit is all wrong. Where is He-Man? I thought that he was supposed to be infinitely strong? I guess he isn't. Oh and number 2 should be in the number 1 slot.

LordofBrooklyn
Actually, i'd switch 1 and 2 on your list....angel

YOU DARE QUESTION, THE KING OF CANON!

LordofBrooklyn
That shit is all wrong. Where is He-Man? I thought that he was supposed to be infinitely strong? I guess he isn't. Oh and number 2 should be in the number 1 slot.

Perhaps someone hacked into your account and posted that message.

Are you REALLY challenging my list?

Answer carefully! mad

JBL
It will remain civil as no one is FOOLISH enough to challenge my rankings! Don't worry, everyone already knew you would put superman in the number one spot the minute this thread was created for that very reason. smokin'

Stoic
Perhaps someone hacked into your account and posted that message.

Are you REALLY challenging my list?

Answer carefully! mad

You ought to go back through your list. Thanos was able to test his strength against Tyrant, and that's the type of character that punches other characters through planets, and they keep going. Thor is also too low, and so is the Sentry, and WW Hulk. Instead of taking all of these versions of the same character you failed to add Zod, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Brutaal, and Majestic. That's me thinking about it carefully, do you want the wild with reckless abandoned version?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Don't worry, everyone already knew you would put superman in the number one spot the minute this thread was created for that very reason. smokin'

Warworld justifies the ranking.

Give us YOUR list.

Oh wait, that will take actual knowledge of canon of which you have none.

What will your excuse for not making the list be?

-Pr-
Guys, stop the personal shit. Stay on topic.

LordofBrooklyn
You ought to go back through your list. Thanos was able to test his strength against Tyrant, and that's the type of character that punches other characters through planets, and they keep going. Thor is also too low, and so is the Sentry, and WW Hulk. Instead of taking all of these versions of the same character you failed to add Zod, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Brutaal, and Majestic. That's me thinking about it carefully, do you want the wild with reckless abandoned version?

I FAILED at nothing!!!

mad

I took the list as was given.

For your insolence you are now MANDATED to provide a list of your own!

riv6672
YOU DARE QUESTION, THE KING OF CANON!
Pretty much?
Hulk is infinitely strong, so yeah.
The test of the list isnt too bad, though. Lots of variables here.

LordofBrooklyn
Pretty much?
Hulk is infinitely strong, so yeah.
The test of the list isnt too bad, though. Lots of variables here.

Superman pushing Warworld is the greatest strength feat in the history of comics.

Banner's shared feat in the Dark dimension is second.

This justifies the ranking.

psycho gundam

And what you said about Hulk and Betty is not at all a much larger feat than Gladiator tearing stars apart with his bare hands easily. that's silly. merged hulk fought gladiator, thor and drax and all were essentially peers.

you can't power scale gladiator up to the best hulk ever seen. this isn't WWF

celeyhyga17
Superman pushing Warworld is the greatest strength feat in the history of comics.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-om1qpdYxjSs/UQ01Rh_l35I/AAAAAAAALFc/l8NXnTF69KM/s1600/avengers4a+hyperion+two+earths.jpg

Magog
Current Hulk
31)Aquaman DCNU

*Superdoom*- Too early

Not bad, but where's classic Juggs? Easily Top 20.

Drax the Destroyer pre-power down deserves some consideration.

Also, you'd put Aquaman above Hyperion?

JBL
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-om1qpdYxjSs/UQ01Rh_l35I/AAAAAAAALFc/l8NXnTF69KM/s1600/avengers4a+hyperion+two+earths.jpg This makes that warworld feat look like a child pushing his wagon. laughing

LordofBrooklyn
Due to popular demand and NOT an oversight on my part I will add the following update.

Current Hulk
5)Hyperion- Two incredible strength feats along with his treatment of the Hulk place Hyperion here. 6)Savage Hulk- Feat after feat of insane strength.
7)Doomsday, HP- The adaptation from DOS puts him here.
8)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
9)WWH- The battles in the arc are impressive as well as the feats.
10)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
11)Doomsday, DOS- Pushing Superman to the point of killing says it all.
12)Superman, DCnU- A recent boost in power justifies the ranking.
13)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
14)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
15)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
16)ZOD- The general makes his presence known.
17)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
18)Black Adam WW3- There is a WWH effect where the opponents are holding back.
19)Brutaal- Just right for the Superman.
20)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
21)Thor- This seems about right for Thor.
22)Blue Marvel- A few more showings and he will surpass the Odinson .
23)WWH Sentry- The calming aura plays a part.
24)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
25)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
26) Silver Surfer- The nature of the character and feats.
27)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
28)Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed- More showings will result in a higher ranking.
29)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
30) Tutinax- I think Tutinax edges Grey Hulk
31) Grey Hulk- Original shade Banner is in the right place.
32)Shazam DCnU- Billy needs more feats.
33)Black Adam DCNU- See above.
34)Martian Manhunter DCNU
35)Aquaman DCNU

Stoic
I FAILED at nothing!!!

mad

I took the list as was given.

For your insolence you are now MANDATED to provide a list of your own!

laughing out loud I was just kidding with you brother, your list is just fine provided you bump number 2 up to 1, and bump DOS Doomsday down (eliminating Aquaman sorry -Pr-), and place He Man in his slot (DOS Doomsday's slot).

Xplosive

Personally, I don't think that even WBH would last that long as Thanos did against Tyrant, except if Tyrant would toy with him.

Tyrant is just a different league.

Tyrant should return. He really was tyrant.

Originally posted by Magog
Not bad, but where's classic Juggs? Easily Top 20.

What about Apocalypse easily restraining Savage Hulk? Or even almost breaking young Thor with a headbutt?

Prof. T.C McAbe
The only List here is great and I didn't include Hyperion and others, because it wasn't about a Top20 only about a comparision. Based on Points, herc being 100, Aquaman current could be 100 too. Etc. This way there could be more top dogs in some minds. ^^

Magog
Should Mangog be given some consideration?

riv6672

It does for you, and thats fine.thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
This is just an example, on the fly, how I though this would turn out, not the numbers but the way you rate it ^^.

Hercules 100

Grey Hulk 80
Savage Hulk 100
WWH 120
WBH 150
Current Hulk 110
Maestro 120
WWH Sentry 120
VoidSentry 130
Death Sentry 140
Gladiator (full confidence) 120
Silver Surfer, current 100
Tutinax 130
Thor 100
B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock) 130
Of Thor 120
Thor from the Gorr arc 110
Thanos, before the IG saga 100
Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers 100
Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son 110
Captain Marvel, pre DCnU 110
Shazam DCnU 100
Captain Marvel FC 120
Black Adam WW3, 120
Black Adam, DCnU,100
Ultraman, after a nose of knite, 130
Mazahs, before he died, 140
Superman, pre DCnU, 110
Superman, DCnU, 120
Superman, FC, 130
Superman OWAW, 150
Superdoom, 140
Doomsday, DOS, 120
Doomsday, HP, 160
Doomsday, DCnU before being ripped apart by Superman, 120
Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU, 100
Martian Manhunter, DCnU, 100
Wonder Woman, pre DCnU, 100
Wonder Woman, DCnU cuffed, 100
Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed, 130
Aquaman, DCnU, 100
Aquaman, pre DCnU, 60
Current Hyperion 110
SunGod 120
Brutaal 130

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Magog
Should Mangog be given some consideration?

Should you make your own list?

Yes. cool

riv6672
So you ADMIT Mangog would throw off the list!stick out tongue

deathlife
That list isn't complete without Luke Cage.

Enzeru
I will be very vague with some of the numbers, because some of the characters don't have a very established level of strength, but their overall power level somewhat makes it possible determining their strength.

I hope that no DC fanboy gets butthurt over my rankings. If you want to ***** about how I have DCnU Superman below Hercules, then first take a look how low I've placed Thanos.

Hercules is a solid 100

Aquaman, DCnU = 20

Aquaman, pre DCnU = 35, hardest one for me to place. Probably higher than that.

Wonder Woman, DCnU cuffed = 40

Shazam DCnU = 40, barely any showings, managed to punch Superman yay.

Black Adam DCnU = 40, barely any showings.

Gray Hulk = 40, let's be serious here... Gray Hulk has better and more established feats than Wonder Woman / Shazam / Black Adam from DCnU.

Doomsday, DCnU before being ripped apart by Superman = 65, Wonder Woman breaking her arms while trying to punch Doomsday is more of a horribly low showing for her rather than a high showing for him.

Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed = 65, gets noticeably stronger, but is still below Superman.

Superman DCnU = 75, as some of you might know I don't take the Earth benchpress feat into count due to its overall WISy nature. Ripping Doomsday apart adds as much value as Void for the Void ripping Ares apart: None... Doomsday is unestablished and Ares is physically weak.

Savage Hulk = 80, base strength and can go up to 120 quickly.

Thor = 95, went even with Hercules, but lost in a wrestling match.

Thor from the Gorr arc = 95, in theory Thor the way he should be written and visibly more powerful, but still the regular Thor without an upgrade, who lost to Hercules in strength competition.

Black Adam WW3 = 95, jobbed here and there to Captain Marvel, but in the end of the day even in that story it has been stated that Black Adam was weaker than some of his opponents, who were holding back, while he wasn't.

Captain Marvel, pre DCnU = 95, according to statements even with Superman, but never really backed that up.

Wonder Woman, pre DCnU = 95

Gladiator (full confidence) = 105, as high as Gladiator can go, but starts declining quickly from there down to 80.

Superman, pre DCnU = 105, imo a full confidence Gladiator. Strong and all that, but still below a Savage Hulk, who gets his strength going and reaches current states.

WWH Sentry = 105, was performing slightly better than Hercules against WW Hulk durability-wise, but went even with WW Hulk mainly due to the energy projection.

Doomsday DOS = 115, somewhat early post retcon, didn't face opponents with more established feats.

Current Hulk = 120, in theory Savage Hulk maxed out.

Juggernaut = 120, went even with WW Hulk and forced Hulk to dodge, but probably due to the magical aspects of his power. Has some very questionable showings as in badly losing to Captain Universe and Hyperion (maybe due to context).

OF Thor = 120, Greg Pak said OF Thor wouldn't have liked it to be in Sentry's position for WW Hulk, so strength-wise I'm rating him lower than WW Hulk, but still far more capable due to the overall effectiveness of the Odin Force.

Thanos, before the IG saga = 120, questionable showings, where Professor Hulk and Thing were punching him around. Still Thanos though. I have him at 120, because he said that he was trying to avoid a fight with the Hulk. Hulk would get stronger and stronger and maybe ultimately reach Thanos' strength.

Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers = 120

Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son = 130, more serious about his approach, but still not a lot of opportunities to shine with strength.

WWH = 150, because he downed Hercules very quickly

B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock) = 150, not sure though.

Superman OWAW = 180, gets additional points due to that specific story arc, where he was portrayed as more powerful than he usually is while sundipped. If you doubt that number, ask yourself just how much damage he could do to WW Hulk / B & T Thor.

Doomsday HP = 220, destroyed Superman and Darkseid.

Void-Sentry = 220, broke Hulk and completely overpowered Thor.

Stable-Sentry = 220, went even with the Void and beat him most of the time.

Death Sentry = 250, amped up by the Death Seed

WBH = 300, Hulk unleashed.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Enzeru
I will be very vague with some of the numbers, because some of the characters don't have a very established level of strength, but their overall power level somewhat makes it possible determining their strength.

I hope that no DC fanboy gets butthurt over my rankings. If you want to ***** about how I have DCnU Superman below Hercules, then first take a look how low I've placed Thanos.

Aquaman, DCnU = 20

Gray Hulk = 40, let's be serious here... Gray Hulk has better and more established feats than Wonder Woman / Shazam / Black Adam from DCnU.

Doomsday, DCnU before being ripped apart by Superman = 65, Wonder Woman breaking her arms while trying to punch Doomsday is more of a horribly low showing for her rather than a high showing for him.

Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed = 65, gets noticeably stronger, but is still below Superman.

Superman DCnU = 75, as some of you might know I don't take the Earth benchpress feat into count due to its overall WISy nature. Ripping Doomsday apart adds as much value as Void for the Void ripping Ares apart: None... Doomsday is unestablished and Ares is physically weak.

Thor from the Gorr arc = 95, in theory Thor the way he should be written and visibly more powerful, but still the regular Thor without an upgrade, who lost to Hercules in strength competition.

Black Adam WW3 = 95, jobbed here and there to Captain Marvel, but in the end of the day even in that story it has been stated that Black Adam was weaker than some of his opponents, who were holding back, while he wasn't.

Captain Marvel, pre DCnU = 95, according to statements even with Superman, but never really backed that up.

Gladiator (full confidence) = 105, as high as Gladiator can go, but starts declining quickly from there down to 80.

Superman, pre DCnU = 105, imo a full confidence Gladiator. Strong and all that, but still below a Savage Hulk, who gets his strength going and reaches current states.

WWH Sentry = 105, was performing slightly better than Hercules against WW Hulk durability-wise, but went even with WW Hulk mainly due to the energy projection.

Doomsday DOS = 115, somewhat early post retcon, didn't face opponents with more established feats.

Juggernaut = 120, went even with WW Hulk and forced Hulk to dodge, but probably due to the magical aspects of his power. Has some very questionable showings as in badly losing to Captain Universe and Hyperion (maybe due to context).

OF Thor = 120, Greg Pak said OF Thor wouldn't have liked it to be in Sentry's position for WW Hulk, so strength-wise I'm rating him lower than WW Hulk, but still far more capable due to the overall effectiveness of the Odin Force.

Thanos, before the IG saga = 120, questionable showings, where Professor Hulk and Thing were punching him around. Still Thanos though. I have him at 120, because he said that he was trying to avoid a fight with the Hulk. Hulk would get stronger and stronger and maybe ultimately reach Thanos' strength.

Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son = 130, more serious about his approach, but still not a lot of opportunities to shine with strength.

B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock) = 150, not sure though.

Superman OWAW = 180, gets additional points due to that specific story arc, where he was portrayed as more powerful than he usually is while sundipped. If you doubt that number, ask yourself just how much damage he could do to WW Hulk / B & T Thor.

Thank you for the contribution, it is interesting and I can agree on some points smile.

carver9

Aquaman, DCnU = 20

Good list. I disagree with some of it though. I do think a Sentry later on after the WWH arc would have done a lot better against WWH. Waaaaaaayyyy better. I'm one of those peeps that views Sentry, even before his current state as above Herald tier.

Insane Titan
Enzerus list is complete wack

Magog
Should you make your own list?

Yes. cool
For the record, I find your list pretty darn solid...just throwing a few other names out there to see what the board thinks.

So far, I'd add to your list the following:

Juggs -classic
Hyperion
Drax -full power
Mangog

Others to consider:

Hercules -after taking 100 viagra (his penis alone could rip apart the universe)
Bane -on negga venom 1 million (giving him WBH strength)
Big Barda -during her time of the month, right after Herc strolls up and calls her "baby cakes"

rock

LordofBrooklyn

Aquaman, DCnU = 20

BLASPHEMY!

You've now made the list!

mad

riv6672
Well everybody ELSE is in this list, multiple times.stick out tongue
What do you rate Enzeru?
I say 15. Definitely below Aquaman.

abhilegend
Haha, no way anyone sane would consider DCnU Superman weaker than Thor. Or Shazam/Black Adam to be on Gray Hulk's level.

But Enzeru's butthurt over Superman benchpressing Earth is getting amusing.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hey let's stay friendly. Opinions differ, live and let live. He has some good points in his list imo. I can get some insights from it. Even when I do not agree with some DC-Marvel scores.

riv6672
Originally posted by abhilegend
Haha, no way anyone sane would consider DCnU Superman weaker than Thor. Or Shazam/Black Adam to be on Gray Hulk's level.

But Enzeru's butthurt over Superman benchpressing Earth is getting amusing.
Well, the results of this thread are important.laughing
This isnt just a chance to goof around and have fun, poling good natured fun at each other.
This thread will influence the way comics are written, and debates are handled here till the end of time!

Enzeru
It's a flaw in the code that even though I have Raj on ignore, I still can read his utter nonsense, when others quote him.

To take care of Raj's butthurt and denial:
http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SvFL

Feel free to show my anything other than the infamous WIS moment, that validates Superman having planetary level strength.

However I will take Superman's showings in the same issue apart:

Here we have Superman taking on a big ass dragon. He says that he he has to end it fast and that he takes no chances. He strikes with a blow, that can topple a small mountain:
http://i.imgur.com/MB2LH.jpg

Here Superman can't break free from the grip of the dragon:
http://i.imgur.com/evrsp.jpg

Now here is my problem with the entire story:
Superman was benchpressing the planet for 5 days straight without any exposure to sunlight (which as I always tend to say is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic in itself, because I personally used to respect Superman for what he was and not for what he lifts, but it looks like things have changed in the new 52).
So Superman must have casually been doing it and stopped at one point. Then he went after a short sundipped. I get that he was exhausted, but judging by other context in stories he wasn't THAT exhausted anymore. So even during day 3 or day 4 he must have had planetary level strength. Even on day 5, but he still couldn't break free from the dragon, even though he went into space for a sundip and he was on Earth for a while, passivly getting solar radiation.

Does this now mean that the Snake has planetary level strength as well?
Does this now also mean that Superman, who is ALWAYS casually capable of benchpressing the Earth only faces opponents, who are capable of doing the same (Wonder Woman, Orion, Shazam, AQUAMAN FFS)?

"But Enzeru, he holds back on them."
But idiot, while he holds back he is passivly causing millions of property damage and endangering the lives of innocents.

On top of all that Superman's punching capability is pathetic. Above in the post you could see the narration stating that his punch can destroy a small mountain. And context tells us that he is not holding back.

Here we have Superman stating that he can destroy mountains with his bare fists and reffers to it as a physical challenge:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114397
/3218216-2013-07-24+07-32-50+-+superman+%282011-%29+022-004_%E7%9C%8B%E5%9B%BE%E7%8E%8B.jpg

Here he once again doesn't hold back and the narration tells us that he could destroy mountains with it:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/79345/2913208-superman__17___page_9.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111116419/3061211-the+true+power+of+superman+%28part+2%29.jpg

AND I'M NOT EVEN LOWBALLING! These are some of Superman's best feats! He has portrayed one ridiculous feat of strength, which didn't serve any purpose to the plot. It was just plain, old hyperbole.
During all of his encounters he has failed to portray such strength. First of all you would expect someone with planetary level strength to dish out more damage by default, but Superman can't do it. Grab onto your seats, DC fanboys, but Superman can't destroy the planet by punching it... SHOCKING, RIGHT?!

In all of the fights Superman was in, he could have used his planetary level strength to simply overwhelm his opponents and choke them out, since if we go by that ONE HYPERBOLIC, PURPOSELESS FEAT, then he is stronger, than he is capable of dishing out damage. That would have saved him from a lot of trouble.
But then if we look at all of his other strength feats (including the one I posted, where he says that he can lift city blocks and referrs to that as a physical challenge as well), then his striking ends up looking better than his overall strength feats, which seems to be the reason why he ends up punching his opponents.

Yes, I don't believe that DCnU Superman can keep up with Thor, when it comes to strength, simply because he hasn't been established yet. He needs more comical, over the top feats, which fit into the story. Right now DCnU characters are vastly below Marvel power houses (who kept their stupidly high feats throughout the decades).
It has nothing to do with me being a Marvel fan and biased towards their characters. I'm biased as in me wanting to see studios making more Marvel movies, or having more success with their comics. When it comes to feats I'm as neutral as it gets and try to look at the context.

Oh and for the record:
When it comes to striking I would even argue that pre DCnU Superman couldn't really keep up with some of the Marvel characters. For example Gladiator, who I have on the same strength level as Superman in this thread (while being at full confidence) seems to have much better striking than Superman, since he was capable of destroying a planet by simply punching it, while Superman and Supergirl and others had to gather momentum by flying at the speed of light in order to destroy planets.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman was not sundipping, just near the proximity of the sun. He didn't recharge fully, he had to go back even though he wanted to store more energy. This Dragon was Kryptonian in nature.

just sayin. g2g.

Enzeru
Superman was not sundipping, just near the proximity of the sun. He didn't recharge fully, he had to go back even though he wanted to store more energy. This Dragon was Kryptonian in nature.

just sayin. g2g.

I know all that, but that wasn't even my point.

My point was that Superman also wasn't sundipped during the fifth day of his Earth-bench-pressing-adventure.
Also him not being sundipped is the benefit of a doubt for him delivering a blow that could topple a small mountain, where he wasn't partially exhausted would have toppled regular mountains =P

But in the end of the day even Spider-Man beating Firelord has more credibility, because even though it was an absolutely WISy moment, it was there for the sake of the plot, just like many other things that happen, even though they shouldn't.
Superman on the other hand did something stupid and it did nothing for the plot. Pureee hyperbole. Just like Spider-Man he never backed that up again and it never shows during his fights.

-Pr-
Yeah, guys, the bashing needs to stop. It'll only end up with people getting banned and threads getting closed.

The lowballing too. Not good.

Just please, post your lists and be done with it.

celeyhyga17

My point was that Superman also wasn't sundipped during the fifth day of his Earth-bench-pressing-adventure.
Also him not being sundipped is the benefit of a doubt for him delivering a blow that could topple a small mountain, where he wasn't partially exhausted would have toppled regular mountains =P

But in the end of the day even Spider-Man beating Firelord has more credibility, because even though it was an absolutely WISy moment, it was there for the sake of the plot, just like many other things that happen, even though they shouldn't.
Superman on the other hand did something stupid and it did nothing for the plot. Pureee hyperbole. Just like Spider-Man he never backed that up again and it never shows during his fights.
That's quite an ignore list you have..
laughing out loud

riv6672
It's a flaw in the code that even though I have Raj on ignore, I still can read his utter nonsense, when others quote him.

You realize that doesnt mean you have to answer him though, right?
I think you'd get a little less flak if you either just took people off ignore, since you still frikkin' answer them, or actually ignored them.
Just saying.

quanchi112

You realize that doesnt mean you have to answer him though, right?
I think you'd get a little less flak if you either just took people off ignore, since you still frikkin' answer them, or actually ignored them.
Just saying. I ignore no one. I face all comers.

Prof. T.C McAbe

He did the feat and it had it's purpose. He tested himself and his limits because he faced an opponent who was superior to his current sate, Hellspont, and was defeated. He needed to find out how powerful he really is without endangering other beings, for the wellbeing of the people. He still needs to hold back else he can kill. And he showed this strength again when he cut loose and ripped a heraldbeing in half with pure strength.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
I ignore no one. I face all comers.

Make a list.

Show us your knowledge.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by quanchi112
I ignore no one. I face all cumers.

We know http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/wink-3_zpscae2e284.gif

-Pr-
Next personal attack gets warned. Maybe even banned if Bada's in a bad enough mood.

Rao Kal El
thumb up got it

abhilegend

To take care of Raj's butthurt and denial:
http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SvFL

Feel free to show my anything other than the infamous WIS moment, that validates Superman having planetary level strength.

However I will take Superman's showings in the same issue apart:

Here we have Superman taking on a big ass dragon. He says that he he has to end it fast and that he takes no chances. He strikes with a blow, that can topple a small mountain:
http://i.imgur.com/MB2LH.jpg

Here Superman can't break free from the grip of the dragon:
http://i.imgur.com/evrsp.jpg

Now here is my problem with the entire story:
Superman was benchpressing the planet for 5 days straight without any exposure to sunlight (which as I always tend to say is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic in itself, because I personally used to respect Superman for what he was and not for what he lifts, but it looks like things have changed in the new 52).
So Superman must have casually been doing it and stopped at one point. Then he went after a short sundipped. I get that he was exhausted, but judging by other context in stories he wasn't THAT exhausted anymore. So even during day 3 or day 4 he must have had planetary level strength. Even on day 5, but he still couldn't break free from the dragon, even though he went into space for a sundip and he was on Earth for a while, passivly getting solar radiation.

Does this now mean that the Snake has planetary level strength as well?
Does this now also mean that Superman, who is ALWAYS casually capable of benchpressing the Earth only faces opponents, who are capable of doing the same (Wonder Woman, Orion, Shazam, AQUAMAN FFS)?

"But Enzeru, he holds back on them."
But idiot, while he holds back he is passivly causing millions of property damage and endangering the lives of innocents.

On top of all that Superman's punching capability is pathetic. Above in the post you could see the narration stating that his punch can destroy a small mountain. And context tells us that he is not holding back.

Here we have Superman stating that he can destroy mountains with his bare fists and reffers to it as a physical challenge:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114397
/3218216-2013-07-24+07-32-50+-+superman+%282011-%29+022-004_%E7%9C%8B%E5%9B%BE%E7%8E%8B.jpg

Here he once again doesn't hold back and the narration tells us that he could destroy mountains with it:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/79345/2913208-superman__17___page_9.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111116419/3061211-the+true+power+of+superman+%28part+2%29.jpg

AND I'M NOT EVEN LOWBALLING! These are some of Superman's best feats! He has portrayed one ridiculous feat of strength, which didn't serve any purpose to the plot. It was just plain, old hyperbole.
During all of his encounters he has failed to portray such strength. First of all you would expect someone with planetary level strength to dish out more damage by default, but Superman can't do it. Grab onto your seats, DC fanboys, but Superman can't destroy the planet by punching it... SHOCKING, RIGHT?!

In all of the fights Superman was in, he could have used his planetary level strength to simply overwhelm his opponents and choke them out, since if we go by that ONE HYPERBOLIC, PURPOSELESS FEAT, then he is stronger, than he is capable of dishing out damage. That would have saved him from a lot of trouble.
But then if we look at all of his other strength feats (including the one I posted, where he says that he can lift city blocks and referrs to that as a physical challenge as well), then his striking ends up looking better than his overall strength feats, which seems to be the reason why he ends up punching his opponents.

Yes, I don't believe that DCnU Superman can keep up with Thor, when it comes to strength, simply because he hasn't been established yet. He needs more comical, over the top feats, which fit into the story. Right now DCnU characters are vastly below Marvel power houses (who kept their stupidly high feats throughout the decades).
It has nothing to do with me being a Marvel fan and biased towards their characters. I'm biased as in me wanting to see studios making more Marvel movies, or having more success with their comics. When it comes to feats I'm as neutral as it gets and try to look at the context.

Oh and for the record:
When it comes to striking I would even argue that pre DCnU Superman couldn't really keep up with some of the Marvel characters. For example Gladiator, who I have on the same strength level as Superman in this thread (while being at full confidence) seems to have much better striking than Superman, since he was capable of destroying a planet by simply punching it, while Superman and Supergirl and others had to gather momentum by flying at the speed of light in order to destroy planets.
And here he tosses a planet the size of Pluto into phantom zone.

Originally posted by abhilegend
So Superman actually pushed Warworld into the phantom zone portal?

http://i.imgur.com/kIxTNOR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Fsn9o09.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GvlMsnJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TGxsu9x.png

That's a pluto sized planet Superman pushed away just after he got a severe beating from Batman due to kryptonite. Not bad Pak, not bad at all.

And its stated again that merely the spores from Doomsday would've killed anyone on the planet including wonder woman. Superman just inhaled them.

http://i.imgur.com/mv7DpJd.jpg

Or batman saying he can punch the moon into dust.

http://i.imgur.com/un828V2.jpg

Or a weakened superman stated to be able to crack the hemisphere in half.

Or Red Hood saying that he can dropkick the moon out of orbit.

Superman saying he can topple mountains or narration saying so doesn't negates his feats just because you don't like them. You can respect Superman or not, it matter nothing. You don't get to dismiss Superman's feats. Simple as that.

carver9
God...didn't like 5 people debunk that Pluto pushing ft? I don't understand you, I really dont.

Delta1938
Originally posted by catver9
God...didn't like 5 people debunk that Pluto pushing ft? I don't understand you, I really dont.

There's much Kitty-Cat fails to understand.

carver9
I know you and ABHI are great friends but I don't think you understand what's going on tbh or you probably do, you're just defending your greatest friend ever. I know one thing, he is dead wrong for posting that scan.

-Pr-
How is it debunked when the comic and the writer both share the same opinion?

Delta1938
Originally posted by catver9
I know you and ABHI are great friends but I don't think you understand what's going on tbh or you probably do, you're just defending your greatest friend ever. I know one thing, he is dead wrong for posting that scan.

I'm talking about you in general. Not defending Abhi. Although it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you're flat-out wrong here too.

And since I have your attention again, what happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread? Or are you gonna go zeta male on me again?

Oh, and your new name is Smelly Cat.

XNXIZuIBJKs

NemeBro
Originally posted by carver9
God...didn't like 5 people debunk that Pluto pushing ft? I don't understand you, I really dont. The writer said he pushed Pluto though.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

The writer said he couldn't remember and there was a lot of context during that scene. A LOT of it.

carver9
Originally posted by NemeBro
The writer said he pushed Pluto though.

The writer was unsure.

Zack Fair
lol

Delta1938

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more this shows just how delusional carter is in doing whatever he can to say "Hulk is better." Unless he can prove that Pak didn't actually say that, he had no problem jumping to his knees and deepthroating Pak when Kitty-Cat made a big deal out of Pak saying "World War Hulk would beat Galactus" or some shit like that, but, assuming that is Pak, we get Pak backing an on-panel feat, not just making some wankery statement that wasn't in a comic, and carter flat-out ignores it.

But then, he did make a big deal to me about ignoring lip service but using stuff that establishes context for a scene, 'cuz he can't see the difference. Not to mention ignoring that it was not the only thing I used to make my argument.

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Ya know, the more I think about it, the more this shows just how delusional carter is in doing whatever he can to say "Hulk is better." Unless he can prove that Pak didn't actually say that, he had no problem jumping to his knees and deepthroating Pak when Kitty-Cat made a big deal out of Pak saying "World War Hulk would beat Galactus" or some shit like that, but, assuming that is Pak, we get Pak backing an on-panel feat, not just making some wankery statement that wasn't in a comic, and carter flat-out ignores it.

But then, he did make a big deal to me about ignoring lip service but using stuff that establishes context for a scene, 'cuz he can't see the difference. Not to mention ignoring that it was not the only thing I used to make my argument.

Pak was unsure and Pak also said Hulk could destroy a Galaxy with his fist. He also said nothing short of Galactus could beat WWH. So I'm guessing he thinks WBH would stomp Galactus. You don't see me sprouting that across r he forum. Don't know why you said I preach off writers comments.

Bentley

You're Abhi's greatest friend ahah

Delta1938
Pak was unsure and Pak also said Hulk could destroy a Galaxy with his fist. He also said nothing short of Galactus could beat WWH. So I'm guessing he thinks WBH would stomp Galactus. You don't see me sprouting that across r he forum. Don't know why you said I preach off writers comments.

There's a HUGE difference between a writer talking about a scene he actually wrote and a writer not talking about anything he wrote. And it doesn't matter if Pak was "unsure," he went with Superman did. Now if you can prove that wasn't Pak, that's another matter.

And I'm not surprised at all you've gone zeta male on me, not even trying to pretend to be a beta, and ignoring me asking where you've been on the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread.

Xplosive

smile and then Pak said that Hulk at his best can never beat Zeus and Hulk just got beat and that Zeus is just simply out of WBH league.

Bentley
There's a HUGE difference between a writer talking about a scene he actually wrote and a writer not talking about anything he wrote. And it doesn't matter if Pak was "unsure," he went with Superman did. Now if you can prove that wasn't Pak, that's another matter.

And I'm not surprised at all you've gone zeta male on me, not even trying to pretend to be a beta, and ignoring me asking where you've been on the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread.

Stop with the greek-alphabet-male phrases Quany jr.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Bentley
Stop with the greek-alphabet-male phrases Quany jr.

miffed F*ck you I do what I want!! mad mad

Bentley
miffed F*ck you I do what I want!! mad mad

Ok, I take it back, it was harsh.

With the greek-alphabet-male thing however, you do realize your screen name is Delta, right?

Delta1938
Originally posted by Bentley
Ok, I take it back, it was harsh.

With the greek-alphabet-male thing however, you do realize your screen name is Delta, right?

Yes. It's a reference.

Enzeru
I love this:

Debunking Superman's feats and misconceptions:
http://www.screwattack.com/news/debunking-supermans-feats-and-misconceptions

Prof. T.C McAbe
Carver, your hate and lowballing of Superman should stop. Honestly buddy. Hulk is the top dog strength wise in the Marvel U, so is Superman in the DC U, this is their "Thing". Accept that both are euqals, have dynamic strength and be good with it. You can surely imagine that this is how both companies will always treat them, as equals strength wise, even if Superman has the better strength feats.

Delta1938
I love this:

The irony is with the vast majority of the "debunked" examples, whoever "debunked" them is guilty of the very out of context and blah blah blah BLAH whining he claims is going on. But an idiot like you would be oblivious.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I love this:

Wenn through it and honestly, nothing was debunked. You make at least a case with scans and enough information. This blog is just very purely researched, scans out of context and even in some wrong order and smalles of a butthurt DBZ fan.

wink

riv6672
Carver, your hate and lowballing of Superman should stop. Honestly buddy. Hulk is the top dog strength wise in the Marvel U, so is Superman in the DC U, this is their "Thing". Accept that both are euqals, have dynamic strength and be good with it. You can surely imagine that this is how both companies will always treat them, as equals strength wise, even if Superman has the better strength feats.
I believe this. I just give the edge to Hulk between the two, as everything Hulk does he does without the benefit of Superman's remaining power set.
Logical?
Maybe not, but its my HO.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I believe this. I just give the edge to Hulk between the two, as everything Hulk does he does without the benefit of Superman's remaining power set.
Logical?
Maybe not, but its my HO.

Fair. ^^

If I would need someone to lift something heavy my first choice would be Hulk in Marvel and Superman in DC.

Enzeru
Wenn through it and honestly, nothing was debunked. You make at least a case with scans and enough information. This blog is just very purely researched, scans out of context and even in some wrong order and smalles of a butthurt DBZ fan.

wink

Yeah, **** that guy.

However, what's interesting about that post are the additional scans to certain feats DC fans like to showcase, like the one, where Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter pulled the Earth.
They then say that they're all equally strong and everyone is pulling 1/3 of the planets weight, which is flawed in itself, because nothing tells us that Wonder Woman for example really is pulling 1/3 of the weight. She could be pulling only 1/5 of the weight and Martian Manhunter and Superman are doing all the rest.
The other flaw is that in the next scans you see them admiting that they can't pull the Earth and Green Lantern helps them out.

I just don't like when people are overhyping certain stuff. In a different thread I said that destroying the Earth is not an easy task. If I say that Superman can't destroy the Earth Superman fanboys will come at me and acuse me of lowballing and being biased towards Marvel, while at the same time I say that not even Thanos can destroy the Earth judging by how he wanted to destroy the Earth, but had to rely on a bomb in Infinity.

The same goes for my favorite character the Sentry, where some people say that he is an universe-buster, just because his energy expanded past the Microverse, but that statement is flawed as ****, because there is a lot of context to that certain showing as well, which negates him having an universal power output, even if he gets the chance to cut loose.

The only two characters, where I would agree with planetary level strength (and more) at the moment are Marvel's Hulk and Hyperion. Hulk simply, because he is the Hulk and Hyperion, because he had two very wonky feats.
Hyperion's first feat was him holding two planets apart until the colliding universes themselves destroyed the two planets. I thought that feat was ridiculous as well and expected it to have much more context to it, but that somehow never happened.
Then Hyperion even managed to stop an approaching planet, which looked like it was bigger than the Earth, which again is an insanely high showing, but it had purpose and all that.

So yeah, I disagree with you for Superman trying to test his strength. I of couse understand your argument and it makes sense and all that, but my problem is still that Superman hasn't done anything similar to that before and also not afterwards.
Him ripping Doomsday apart doesn't really validate it in my opinion, because Doomsday hasn't been established. It's not the Doomsday we saw during DOS, who ran through leagues of superheroes with relatively good feats. If DOS Superman ripped that Doomsday apart, it would have been a different story. This Doomsday didn't face the same quality of opponents. He faced Wonder Woman, who is very downgraded in DCnU. It's not Pre DCnU Wonder Woman, but it looks like some people on boards think that DCnU Wonder Woman has access to all the feats of the prior Wonder Woman version additionally to the current version. That's not the case. This new Wonder Woman is a much weaker version.

The only character in DCnU that I view as a serious threat is Darkseid. He has been portrayed as very powerful with his planet busting. Helspont and H'El are quite good as well, but H'El for example is how I imagine Hyperion being in the DCnU. Simply on another level, until the DCnU have caught up with feats.

TL-DR: SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yeah, **** that guy.

However, what's interesting about that post are the additional scans to certain feats DC fans like to showcase, like the one, where Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter pulled the Earth.
They then say that they're all equally strong and everyone is pulling 1/3 of the planets weight, which is flawed in itself, because nothing tells us that Wonder Woman for example really is pulling 1/3 of the weight. She could be pulling only 1/5 of the weight and Martian Manhunter and Superman are doing all the rest.
The other flaw is that in the next scans you see them admiting that they can't pull the Earth and Green Lantern helps them out.

I just don't like when people are overhyping certain stuff. In a different thread I said that destroying the Earth is not an easy task. If I say that Superman can't destroy the Earth Superman fanboys will come at me and acuse me of lowballing and being biased towards Marvel, while at the same time I say that not even Thanos can destroy the Earth judging by how he wanted to destroy the Earth, but had to rely on a bomb in Infinity.

The same goes for my favorite character the Sentry, where some people say that he is an universe-buster, just because his energy expanded past the Microverse, but that statement is flawed as ****, because there is a lot of context to that certain showing as well, which negates him having an universal power output, even if he gets the chance to cut loose.

The only two characters, where I would agree with planetary level strength (and more) at the moment are Marvel's Hulk and Hyperion. Hulk simply, because he is the Hulk and Hyperion, because he had two very wonky feats.
Hyperion's first feat was him holding two planets apart until the colliding universes themselves destroyed the two planets. I thought that feat was ridiculous as well and expected it to have much more context to it, but that somehow never happened.
Then Hyperion even managed to stop an approaching planet, which looked like it was bigger than the Earth, which again is an insanely high showing, but it had purpose and all that.

So yeah, I disagree with you for Superman trying to test his strength. I of couse understand your argument and it makes sense and all that, but my problem is still that Superman hasn't done anything similar to that before and also not afterwards.
Him ripping Doomsday apart doesn't really validate it in my opinion, because Doomsday hasn't been established. It's not the Doomsday we saw during DOS, who ran through leagues of superheroes with relatively good feats. If DOS Superman ripped that Doomsday apart, it would have been a different story. This Doomsday didn't face the same quality of opponents. He faced Wonder Woman, who is very downgraded in DCnU. It's not Pre DCnU Wonder Woman, but it looks like some people on boards think that DCnU Wonder Woman has access to all the feats of the prior Wonder Woman version additionally to the current version. That's not the case. This new Wonder Woman is a much weaker version.

The only character in DCnU that I view as a serious threat is Darkseid. He has been portrayed as very powerful with his planet busting. Helspont and H'El are quite good as well, but H'El for example is how I imagine Hyperion being in the DCnU. Simply on another level, until the DCnU have caught up with feats.

TL-DR: SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT!

Yeah, he was most likely butthurt about the SrewAttack Superman vs Goku fight. Did you see it and where would you rank Goku? At his best he is a mid herald imo. ^^

I don't remember the story but there might have been context behind it, as is mostly often the case. However, writers are inconsitent and Characters suffer from it a lot, might it be Hulk, Superman, Sentry or Thor. Different writers different opinions and the ones suffering most are those chars who are published a lot.

I think it is easy to destroy Planets in each universe, for heralds at least, but near impossible to destroy earth, because it is the center of all stories. Alternate Earths have been destroyed in Marvel and DC, with ease by Superboy Prime for example.

I agree with Hype, Hulk, would add Thor and Sentry, and in DC some more but this is the point where our opinions differ^^. Which is nothing bad imo.

Superman was never beaten like this before, he was almost helpless against Helspont. It's like overconfident boxers who get beaten for the first time in their live, they train, they doubt, they test, to improve if something like this happens again. Also Darkseid is a thread and Superman needs to expand or find his limits for the sake of all.
The Doomsday threat seemed real enough and sure he didn't fight teams of heroes but we will see what happens with Superdoom, which is also an indicator of Doomsdays power imo. Though the idea of Superdoom ist just plain stupid and unnecessary...

No worries, I read it and prefer a wall of text sometimes, that explains an opinion thoroughly than a poor statement wink.

Enzeru
Yeah, he was most likely butthurt about the SrewAttack Superman vs Goku fight. Did you see it and where would you rank Goku? At his best he is a mid herald imo.

I've seen the Death Battle and I agreed 100% with it.
I have yet to disagree with any Death Battle actually, because they actually invest a lot of time in researching the abilities and feats of all the fighters and go with the most logical outcome.

And Dragonball characters are really hard to place on tier lists. I would never argue against Superman or any other mid to high herald level character in a fight against DB warriors.
DB warriors have a very decent damage output, when it comes to energy attacks. I do see them being planet busters, when it comes to that, but I also see Superman and co. being able to tank more damage than DB warriors can.

For example:
Can Superman survive being shot at with a Kamehame-Ha? Yes.
Can Superman make a move before Goku even manages to gather energy for a Kamehame-Ha? Damn yes, he can.
Can Goku survive Superman's first punch? I really, really doubt that.

What holds DB warriors back is their durability. They might be able to survive the strongest energy blasts, because it's all about their KI energy, flow and disruption of it, but every time you see them engaging in a physical battle they take damage quickly. They take a looot of damage, much more than when they shoot laser beams.
I've seen Goku crying after getting hit by a tiny rock (tossed by Krilin for fun).
That's something Superman and Thor wouldn't even notice. Of course DB warriors can amp their durability up, but the limits to their durability against physical damage are obvious in every single fight. Frieza has been cut open by energy attacks and a sword, even though he is a planet buster, when it comes to energy projection.

I think it is easy to destroy Planets in each universe, for heralds at least, but near impossible to destroy earth, because it is the center of all stories. Alternate Earths have been destroyed in Marvel and DC, with ease by Superboy Prime for example.

Plot wise the Earth has that protection of course, but then again, if you don't look at it as if it was a comic written by a writer and look at it as a different universe, then most of these characters only destroyed unnamed planets. Still a great feat, but it's not Earth and not even Thanos was capable of destroying Earth, but had to rely on tech.

Superboy-Prime is of course a different animal :-)

Superman was never beaten like this before, he was almost helpless against Helspont. It's like overconfident boxers who get beaten for the first time in their live, they train, they doubt, they test, to improve if something like this happens again. Also Darkseid is a thread and Superman needs to expand or find his limits for the sake of all.
The Doomsday threat seemed real enough and sure he didn't fight teams of heroes but we will see what happens with Superdoom, which is also an indicator of Doomsdays power imo. Though the idea of Superdoom ist just plain stupid and unnecessary...

Look at it this way:

Do we agree on the fact that Darkseid wasn't really portrayed as a teambuster in pre DCnU comics?
I've never seen Darkseid engaging the entire Justice League in straight up fights and dominate the majority of them. However, I've seen Darkseid losing to Superman multiple times in straight up 1v1 battles.

Now in DCnU we see Darkseid not only being portrayed as very well capable of facing the entire Justice League, but also capable of beating many, many Superman's in 1v1s and destroying planets on a regular basis.
To me Darkseid is the one, who visibly got an upgrade. And he was introduced for the first time during the early storyline in the comics. It's a new universe after all. Sure, some characters might remember stuff from the past, but at the same time a lot has changed as well. For example Superman establishing himself in Metropolis and becoming Superman, while in pre DCnU he already had the idea of being Superman and having his suit, when he went to Metropolis.

That's why I'm sceptical, when it comes to Doomsday. I don't view Doomsday as the same guy, who wrecked shit in pre DCnU and I also don't view Wonder Woman as the same amazon, who fought in pre DCnU. They got a fresh start and need to establish themselves and so far they haven't really done that.
The way I look at DCnU right now is by taking Superman as the measurement. I personally think that the current Hyperion would beat the current Superman and that's why I don't take Wonder Woman and Doomsday seriously. Now if I had a reason to believe that Doomsday would be able to put up a fight against Hyperion, then it would be an entirely different story, but there is pretty much not even a single reason for me to believe that Doomsday is capable of fighting at such a level. So far he beat Wonder Woman, who is weak and got ripped apart by Superman, who I rate below Hyperion.

And again, it's not lowballing, it's simply how I personally view the current power levels in the DCnU universe. There is no doubt in my mind that over time Superman will get boosted to insanely high level.
If there is one thing I don't like about Marvel comics then it's how their writers don't really give a damn about characters and are not afraid of letting them job, simply to proceed with the story faster. When it comes to DC comics the writers there grew up with Superman and co, view them as their babies and would never allow Superman to have all too many questionable jobbing moments. That's why DC heroes are much more consistant than Marvel ones.

You strike me as a very smart guy, so do this: Imagine that Superman (no matter if pre DCnU or DCnU) was in the Marvel universe. You KNOW that he would have jobbed a lot, simply because the majority of characters on Marvel Earth can't really compete with powerhouses otherwise and would be totally useless.
Look at Secret Invasion. Sentry got sent into deep space by a random Skrull shifting into the Void and telling him to piss off. So Sentry, who could have stopped the entire Secret Invasion judging by his power set, was away for the entire story so that the street level heroes could have their event.

Sometimes it's super annoying being a Marvel fan.

TheOneFirestorm

The large problem with HUlk is if his strength is suppose to be limitless then does that basically make the Hulk steroids unlimited?

-Pr-
Are you guys keeping on topic?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

-Pr-
The writer said he couldn't remember and there was a lot of context during that scene. A LOT of it.

Do tell. Seriously, I'm listening. Or, well, reading.

The writer said he couldn't remember at first, then elaborated. His word doesn't contradict what happens in the comic.

riv6672
Fair. ^^

If I would need someone to lift something heavy my first choice would be Hulk in Marvel and Superman in DC.
The comics version of owning a pick up, eh?

For what its worth (and not being a 500 word essay, probably not much in this thread stick out tongue), to me, Hulk is stronger than Superman. Superman is more powerful, due to his wide range of powers.

Delta1938
Do tell. Seriously, I'm listening. Or, well, reading.

The writer said he couldn't remember at first, then elaborated. His word doesn't contradict what happens in the comic.

But it is Pak saying something that doesn't glorify Hulk, so thus it automatically doesn't count. Deal with it. huhu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.