Loki Actually Won in Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
http://maskofreason.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/very-good-writing-why-loki-won-in-the-avengers/

This article has an interesting take on how Loki actually won in Avengers. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!!!!

Seriously, read it and tell me what you think.

TH3_V01D
LOKI was a pathetic villian that doesnt give a decent fight.

Firefly218
By your definition, Joker was a pathetic villian. Joker never gave batman a decent fight,

Robtard
Meh, not a terrible conclusion imo.

"See, with Loki back in Asgard, and knowing that Odin feels incredibly guilty about Loki in general and usually lets him off with little more than a slap to the wrist, Thanos has the perfect operative within striking distance of the one thing in the whole universe he REALLY wants"

Except in Thor 2, we see that Loki has received a life term in an Asgardian jail. Still though, that doesn't necessarily auto-spoil the plan, if that happens to be it.

juggerman
Still ended up with Loki as king of Asgard. All in all the plan worked.

KingD19
Only that wasn't the plan. The Dark Elves was an unforseen happening that Loki couldn't have predicted. And if not for Malekith deciding a Kurse was necessary, Loki would have been stuck in jail for a very very long time.

Arachnid1
Wow. If that is true, that's pretty amazing. I'm not sure it is true though. Avengers didn't come off as deep story telling. At least not to that degree. If that is the overall plan though, that movie gets elevated in terms of storytelling quality quite a bit.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
LOKI was a pathetic villian that doesnt give a decent fight.

So it would have been a better fight if it was slugfest that destroyed a city and killed thousands?

not all villains have to be brawlers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Comparing Loki to a brawler is silly, he's a mind-villain; fights the hero/heroes with his intellect.

Inhuman
Good read and its actually very close to what i thought might be happening. I posted a while back that i think Loki will play the role that mephisto played in the infinity gauntlet ark in the comics.
meaning Loki will be by Thanos's side while he is causing chaos with the infinity gauntlet but in fact loki is waiting for the right opportunity to grab the gauntlet for himself.
This will give more screen time to loki and tie up the ending to Thor 2.

Firefly218
"Loki knows that Thanos is his greatest threat, even if he rules Asgard, Thanos could just walk in and kill everyone. By letting himself get captured, he allowed the Avengers to created, which is not only thing that could possibly stand a chance against Thanos, but would divert his interest away from Asgard(and the Infinity Guantlet) to Earth. That would give Loki more time to scheme and come up with another plan."

Another possibility big grin

Firefly218
Originally posted by Inhuman
Good read and its actually very close to what i thought might be happening. I posted a while back that i think Loki will play the role that mephisto played in the infinity gauntlet ark in the comics.
meaning Loki will be by Thanos's side while he is causing chaos with the infinity gauntlet but in fact loki is waiting for the right opportunity to grab the gauntlet for himself.
Sounds legit. Loki could definitely have a big role in Avengers 3, assuming it's the Infinity Gauntlet arc.

I'd love it if Thanos' eventual downfall is somewhat a result of Loki's manipulation.

Inhuman
Also since the tesseract is still in Asgard then you bet Thanos will be paying a visit to Odin(loki)

It would be a cool scene if Thanos arrives in Asgard and Odin bows to him (really Loki bowing), and then handing over the tesseract to Thanos. Would be a WTF moment.

Newjak
Originally posted by Firefly218
"Loki knows that Thanos is his greatest threat, even if he rules Asgard, Thanos could just walk in and kill everyone. By letting himself get captured, he allowed the Avengers to created, which is not only thing that could possibly stand a chance against Thanos, but would divert his interest away from Asgard(and the Infinity Guantlet) to Earth. That would give Loki more time to scheme and come up with another plan."

Another possibility big grin This to me is the better thought to me.

Why because it makes Loki's need for creating the Avengers something that actually helps him.

Robtard

That would instantly blow Loki's cover since everyone knows Odin > Thanos.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard
That would instantly blow Loki's cover since everyone knows Odin > Thanos. Not if Loki's smart about it. He's not gonna go bowing to Thanos in front of the Asgardian public.

I think there's a good chance Loki will be using Odin's position to become an ally to Thanos rather than his enemy. Then, when Thanos least expects it, Loki will backstab him in some way.

Robtard
Your angle implies that Loki will be playing Thanos and being his superior the whole way, yeah, I can see that.

The_Tempest
Loki was underwhelming as hell in TA.

steverules_2
So it would have been a better fight if it was slugfest that destroyed a city and killed thousands?

not all villains have to be brawlers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yup heroes never do that, especially that superman guy I mean he managed to save...uhm...Lois Lane...

Robtard
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Loki was underwhelming as hell in TA.

Nah.

He made Captain America look like a child during their fight and played everyone else for fools, with the possible exception of Fury who said "why do I get the impression he's the only one that wants to be here."

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Robtard
Nah.

He made Captain America look like a child during their fight and played everyone else for fools, with the possible exception of Fury who said "why do I get the impression he's the only one that wants to be here."

Black Widow played him and he was humiliated by virtually everyone on the cast at one point or another: Hawkeye, Coulson, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, etc... Beating up Cap isn't enough.

A proper Avengers villain needs to credibly threaten them all. Loki just didn't rise to the challenge imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.