Loki Actually Won in Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
http://maskofreason.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/very-good-writing-why-loki-won-in-the-avengers/

This article has an interesting take on how Loki actually won in Avengers. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!!!!

Seriously, read it and tell me what you think.

Newjak
It sounds cool to think about and there maybe some simple truths in there. The most glaring weakness in the entire thought process is that if Loki wanted to be captured and taken to Asgard it could have been much easier for him to do so.

Simply getting in contact with Odin and asking for leniency would have put him in the exact same situation he had been in at the end of Avengers.

Firefly218
I suppose that's true, but Loki likes his games.

Also, it would be more convincing if Loki was forcefully brought to Asgard rather than if he voluntarily came.

erm

Newjak
Originally posted by Firefly218
I suppose that's true, but Loki likes his games.

Also, it would be more convincing if Loki was forcefully brought to Asgard rather than if he voluntarily came.

erm Loki does like games and he may have done it for them.

I don't think it would matter if it was more convincing or not. Loki was going to end up in the same place regardless.

BruceSkywalker
lol.. it's all about how the writers wanted it to be ..

nothing more...nothing less

riv6672
Raiders of the Lost Ark scenario...

Inhuman
Good read and its actually very close to what i thought might be happening. I posted a while back that i think Loki will play the role that mephisto played in the infinity gauntlet ark in the comics.
meaning Loki will be by Thanos's side while he is causing chaos with the infinity gauntlet but in fact loki is waiting for the right opportunity to grab the gauntlet for himself.
This will give more screen time to loki and tie up the ending to Thor 2.

riv6672
Sounds like a solid prediction...

roughrider
Had some validity two years ago, but as we've seen the events of Thor: The Dark World, it doesn't really hold up.

First, did Loki have prior knowledge that now would be right around the time the Dark Elves would return to attack Asgard, because of the coming Convergence? Because it was their attack that set in motion the events that got him freed from prison - they didn't let him out, remember. They cripple Asgard and kill his adopted mother Frigga. Was this something he was banking on in advance? Unless we are chalking all this up to what I would call Joker Theory - that from chaos comes all kinds of opportunity.

Second, if this is all about the long game of getting the Infinity Gauntlet out of Asgard's vault - then remember two important things.

(1) Despite all the publicity shows and appearances for the fans at conventions, alongside all the other Asgardian artifacts created for Thor - let's remember there isn't a single clear shot of the gauntlet in the vault in the film. If something isn't on screen, then it isn't canon. It's possible Marvel Studios changed their minds about the Infinity Gauntlet and wanted to have it introduced in some other way.

(2) Even if the gauntlet could be glimpsed in Thor, that's does not equate it to being the actual Infinity Gauntlet. Especially since Thor: The Dark World shows the individual Infinity Stones/Gems are spread out across the galaxy. The Aether has been established to be the Power Stone/Gem, and the Tesseract is the Space Stone/Gem. The Asgardians don't believe in keeping the Stones/Gems so close together (which is why they present one to the Collector) , so why would they keep a completely intact IG in their vault?

Guardians Of The Galaxy looks to be about the possessing of an artifact that is another Infinity Stone/Gem, so that just lends credence to the idea that a fully intact Infinity Gauntlet was never in the vaults of Asgard.

Scoobless
Maybe just the glove that holds the stones is in asguard

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by roughrider
Had some validity two years ago, but as we've seen the events of Thor: The Dark World, it doesn't really hold up.

First, did Loki have prior knowledge that now would be right around the time the Dark Elves would return to attack Asgard, because of the coming Convergence? Because it was their attack that set in motion the events that got him freed from prison - they didn't let him out, remember. They cripple Asgard and kill his adopted mother Frigga. Was this something he was banking on in advance? Unless we are chalking all this up to what I would call Joker Theory - that from chaos comes all kinds of opportunity.

Second, if this is all about the long game of getting the Infinity Gauntlet out of Asgard's vault - then remember two important things.

(1) Despite all the publicity shows and appearances for the fans at conventions, alongside all the other Asgardian artifacts created for Thor - let's remember there isn't a single clear shot of the gauntlet in the vault in the film. If something isn't on screen, then it isn't canon. It's possible Marvel Studios changed their minds about the Infinity Gauntlet and wanted to have it introduced in some other way.

(2) Even if the gauntlet could be glimpsed in Thor, that's does not equate it to being the actual Infinity Gauntlet. Especially since Thor: The Dark World shows the individual Infinity Stones/Gems are spread out across the galaxy. The Aether has been established to be the Power Stone/Gem, and the Tesseract is the Space Stone/Gem. The Asgardians don't believe in keeping the Stones/Gems so close together (which is why they present one to the Collector) , so why would they keep a completely intact IG in their vault?

Guardians Of The Galaxy looks to be about the possessing of an artifact that is another Infinity Stone/Gem, so that just lends credence to the idea that a fully intact Infinity Gauntlet was never in the vaults of Asgard.

No, I think this might makes sense and the upcoming Ragnarok will change everything line by Feige. I will assume that the plan was going to be breaking Loki out at some point so he could get to Odin. However, the Dark Elves awoke and this inadvertently drove Thor to release Loki. The assumption is that Loki couldn't have broken out of that prison by himself. Loki could have people loyal to him who could have released him any time. We don't know for sure. However, Loki come to Odin in disguise as a guard and the scene is cut away. Later at the end, we see that Loki was impersonating Odin. What happened in between is a mystery. Loki had help or some kind of weapon that allowed him to over power Odin. The Odin who took Thor's hammer and turned him mortal.

If this is the case and then Marvel would have made Thanos and Loki into even greater villains. People assume Ragnarok will feature Surtur but that's yet to be announced.

With that said, I don't think it's the Gauntlet they are after. There's got to be something more to this if Loki actually threw the fight. Unless the Gaunlet shown in Thor was mean to house the gems. The Aether and Cosmic Cube are not in their stone form so maybe they have to be transferred into the stones on the Gauntlet?

DARTH POWER
It would be great if at some point Loki explains this was his whole plan from the beginning, and he references events going back to Avengers 1.

WhiteWitchKing
The thing is they still can do so. Thor Ragnarok is still years away.

SamZED
Fun read but makes no sense. If Loki only wanted to be captured he would've just faced Thor who's primary goal was to bring him back to Asgard "to answer for his sins", not to mention with the cosmic cube he could've just ported there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.