Bastila Shan & Dark Jedi vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Bastila Shan (Dark Side): Knights of the Old Republic
Sith Empire Dark Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic
--- versus ---
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Revenge of the Sith
--- --- ---
Battleground: Star Forge Observation Deck
Note: Obi-Wan Kenobi is not affected by the nexus
--- --- ---
Bonus Round: The loser gets an additional companion
Note: The Sith get a Dark Jedi or Obi-Wan gets a Jedi

NewGuy01
Obi-Wan Kenobi wins, probably even in the Bonus Round.

EDIT: Wait, you noted that Obi-Wan isn't affected by the Star Forge--Does that mean that Bastila/co. is?

DarthAnt66
Yes, Bastila has an amp.

FreshestSlice
If Bastila can TK Revan, Juhani, and Jolee, she can TK Kenobi long enough for the amped Dark Jedi to at least give them a slight edge.

carthage
Kenobi wins

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
If Bastila can TK Revan, Juhani, and Jolee, she can TK Kenobi long enough for the amped Dark Jedi to at least give them a slight edge.

Agreed.

Nalaniel

thumb up

carthage
Nah. The Jedi have no offensive feats to match Grievous striking speed, Maul's or Anakin's strength, or anything at all to suggest they can break Kenobi's defense. Kenobi has crushed droids into balls and moved Durge's ship with his TK as well as had power enough to smash droid's head and break Grievous's plating. He is also faster than any of the mook Jedi.

Kenobi SLAUGHTERHOUSES them all

FreshestSlice
And as Kenobi has never TK'd a Dooku level opponent and Bastila has plus two more Force sensitives, that really means nothing. He also hasn't shown enough defense from anyone Force wise for me to give him a huge edge against amped Jedi. Kenobi couldn't even deal with Maul's TK.

carthage
And as Kenobi has never TK'd a Dooku level opponent and Bastila has plus two more Force sensitives, that really means nothing. He also hasn't shown enough defense from anyone Force wise for me to give him a huge edge against amped Jedi. Kenobi couldn't even deal with Maul's TK.

Why would him tking a "Dooku level opponent" have anything to do with him killing random mook Jedi and someone who isn't renowned for combat? He has a speed advantage, he is stronger, and he is the best Soresu practitioner canonically. Random N cannon Jedi dont have any feats to suggest they can overwhelm his defense like powerful darkside opponents can be reasoned to, and Bastila is all but worthless aside from battle med. He can down these mooks

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Why would him tking a "Dooku level opponent" have anything to do with him killing random mook Jedi and someone who isn't renowned for combat?

Because Bastila isn't a random mook Jedi and she's fighting with two Jedi veterans of the Mandalorian wars, all shown to be above the average Jedi of their time, while also being amped by the Star Forge. Bastila also was considered to be very powerful and prodigy by the Jedi Order. She wasn't known only for her Battle Meditation.

True enough, except he's facing three opponents with little Force defense showings of his own.

Bastila was able to overwhelm the Force defenses of Revan, Juhani, and Jolee with a very much canonical showing of TK. Revan is a Dooku level opponent alone. She's not useless in a fight by any means, and she's also not alone. Kenobi on the other hand is fighting solo and has the Force defense showings of a brick wall.

carthage
I was talking about the others. She is only useful for battle med, she doesn't have the strength or speed to last against Kenobi. Kenobi has tanked hits from guys who can break durasteel, and he alone has replicated those feats. Amped they have no feats to suggest they can break his defense or overwhelm him. Irritate him probably.

Had any of them shown great force feats, that might be the case. But they havent and his showings with Telekinesis outshow their feats

None of Revan's feats put him on Dooku's level in either dueling or the force, but ok that's not really an issue. While I've never disputed the fact Kenobi has no force defense, none of them have any feats to suggest they can one shot him and go in for the kill. His defense feats with a saber are formidable, and while he'd get pushed back I'm not seeing any of them to react fast enough to someone who can move at his speed

FreshestSlice
I was talking about the others. She is only useful for battle med, she doesn't have the strength or speed to last against Kenobi. Kenobi has tanked hits from guys who can break durasteel, and he alone has replicated those feats. Amped they have no feats to suggest they can break his defense or overwhelm him. Irritate him probably.

Kenobi needs more than a defensive saber style to take on three opponents who rely on the Force.

Kenobi's showing with TK out shows Mauls, and yet he goes flying foot by foot. Force offense does not give you a Force defense. Nyriss is a good example of that.

Plenty of Revan's Force feats are well above Dooku's. But you've already seen those debates and I'm not trying to convince you.

All they need to do is knock him over, which Bastila has shown herself capable of. His recover time is much too slow when recovering from TK.

Not on the ground.

He has never shown himself to recover at a speed that would make pushing him over pointless.

carthage
Kenobi's force showings are sufficient enough to hurt them worse than the contrary. He's collapse droids, moved ships, and sent Anakin flying. None of their force feats indicate the same effectiveness as the darksiders he's faced.

Actually the ship Maul moved was larger, and he has more concrete showings iirc. I know he has bad force defense, there is no need to reiterate that. The problem is these are mook jedi whose force feats don't indicate a comparison with Maul, Ventress, Savage, or Dooku. Kenobi has multiple ways to kill them via his superior speed, superior force feats, and speed.

Valid point. Not sure how this has to relate to mook Jedi who only known run of the mill abilities whose feats don't compare to the darksiders that kicked Kenobi's ass. Might work in theory, but I don't see them being able to replicate PT darksider's feats as they lack showings to substantiate.

He recovered rapidly in the ROTS duel with Anakin stick out tongue

Q99
Even with battle meditation, two Dark Jedi- or three- is not near sufficient backup for taking on RotS Kenobi. Council-level people take more than that to put down.

FreshestSlice
Kenobi's force showings are sufficient enough to hurt them worse than the contrary. He's collapse droids, moved ships, and sent Anakin flying. None of their force feats indicate the same effectiveness as the darksiders he's faced.

Maul's not that great Force wise, so I'd say Bastila is comparable.

Bastila is not a mook Jedi. I doubt that she could take Kenobi on her own, but she's not alone here. And she's amped.

They don't need to. They're trained enough to help the person with combat feats.

Fair enough. Vader's still one person though.

carthage
Bastila has never force pushed someone hard enough that a cave collapsed as a result, moved a mid-large sized space ship with a gesture, collapsed ceilings, destroyed barracks with a force scream, or blasted back droids with TK. Her force showings are sparse, and don't compare with Maul's

She has no combat feats to show that she can contend with Kenobi. Likewise, her companions lack any significant showings unamped even. Its just a bunch of random guys trying to fight one of the best duelists of the Jedi order and someone who can support them while the get cut down. Kenobi is faster, stronger, and his base showings surpass there lack of anything (whether amped or unamped)

Except Bastila pales in comparison to Kenobi as a duelist, and none of the others have any showings to indicate they'd stand a chance. Provide some of their amped feats.

Whose lowest feat is still probably better than any random no name Jedi and Bastila

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.