Magneto vs. Yoda, Dooku, Palpatine, Obi Wan, Anakin and Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
The jedi/sith don't get lightsabers

Fight takes place in a parking lot the size of Rhode Island. At least 80,000 cars are parked in total.

Magneto begins at one end, while the jedi/sith begin at the other end. They are at least a couple miles apart.

BEGIN!!!!

COG Veteran
You do realize that you couldn't have made a better scenario for Mags to win in, right?

Kotor3
Jedi and Sith Slaughterhouse. Magneto dies hard.

Firefly218
Originally posted by COG Veteran
You do realize that you couldn't have made a better scenario for Mags to win in, right? I would have thought the sheer advantage in numbers for the Jedi/Sith would somewhat mitigate Magneto's environment advantage.

ares834
Jedi/Sith win.

Lestov16
Jedi/Sith can just force choke him from a distance like Vader did to that admiral over the viewscreen. Of course, it depends on if they can do that before being bombarded with thousands of car parts flying at Mach 4.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Lestov16
Jedi/Sith can just force choke him from a distance like Vader did to that admiral over the viewscreen. Of course, it depends on if they can do that before being bombarded with thousands of car parts flying at Mach 4.
They might be too busy defending themselves from a tornado of cars to focus on force choke.

Also, there are no screen feats that suggest jedi/sith can force choke someone without being able to physically see them.

ares834
Force Users can (and have) used TK without looking at an object (or done so with their eyes closed) so...

COG Veteran
When has anyone been choked when out of line of sight?

Lestov16
Viewing somebody on a screen is not physically seeing them. Physically seeing means seeing the physical object in person with your own eyes.

ares834
Originally posted by COG Veteran
When has anyone been choked when out of line of sight?

Choking is still TK. If they can use TK without seeing then logically they should be able to choke without seeing.

Plus, in RotS, Vader is crushing objects he isn't looking at....

Stigma
The sheer numbers tip the scale in force-users favor, even considering the environment.

Firefly218
Originally posted by ares834
Choking is still TK. If they can use TK without seeing then logically they should be able to choke without seeing.

Plus, in RotS, Vader is crushing objects he isn't looking at....

Yeah, but jedi/sith have to be aware of an object to focus on in order to use tk. Jedi/sith need an approximate location to focus their force energies toward.

Otherwise, if you argue jedi/sith don't need to be aware of the relative position of a person - can a Jedi force choke someone from across the galaxy?

There's a no limits fallacy in your argument.

ares834
Strawman bro. I never said that.

Firefly218
Strawman bro. I never said that.
There are no screen feats that suggest the jedi/sith would be able to sense the approximate location of Magneto and choke him from miles away.

ares834
Who said that they would? Lestov said "from a distance" not "miles away".

And I certainly never claimed that. But Jedi can sense and communicate with others from very long distances.

Arachnid1
Magneto knows where they all are thanks to feeling the metal of their light sabers and whatever they may be wearing. He crushes them all instantly with every car near to them. Even their force choke, if they can even do it from that far, wont take him out quick enough to save them. They're screwed.

Firefly218
Who said that they would? Lestov said "from a distance" not "miles away".

And I certainly never claimed that. But Jedi can sense and communicate with others from very long distances.

OK. So force choke and TK are out, considering the distance would be too vast.

And I certainly remember jedi/sith sensing other jedi/sith. I don't remember jedi/sith sensing particular human beings though. Other than Obi Wan sensing a disturbance in the force when Leia's home planet was destroyed.

ares834
Originally posted by Firefly218
OK. So force choke and TK are out, considering the distance would be too vast.

And I certainly remember jedi/sith sensing other jedi/sith. I don't remember jedi/sith sensing particular human beings though. Other than Obi Wan sensing a disturbance in the force when Leia's home planet was destroyed.

Uh, why are they "out". Vader chocked a man from miles away. All they have to do is sense them.

Of course they can. They can sense lasers, rocks, etc... They most certainly can sense non-force sensitive humans. Now what range they have with this... Who knows.

Firefly218
Uh, why are they "out". Vader chocked a man from miles away. All they have to do is sense them.

Of course they can. They can sense lasers, rocks, etc... They most certainly can sense non-force sensitive humans. Now what range they have with this... Who knows.

When did Vader choke someone from miles away?

Once again, you can't argue range without falling into the same "no limits fallacy" trap.

ares834
Originally posted by Firefly218
When did Vader choke someone from miles away?

Once again, you can't argue range without falling into the same "no limits fallacy" trap.

In ESB, when he chokes Ozzel. Not necessarily miles away, but considering the ship is over 11 miles long there is a good chance. And, in TCW, Sidious chokes Dooku while light years away...

Um, no I didn't. lol Quit strawmaning.

Firefly218
In ESB, when he chokes Ozzel. Not necessarily miles away, but considering the ship is over 11 miles long there is a good chance. And, in TCW, Sidious chokes Dooku while light years away...

Um, no I didn't. lol Quit strawmaning.

But Vader saw Ozzel's location on video, and therefore knew where to focus his force choke. In this situation, the Jedi/Sith don't know the location of Magneto, and consequentially don't have a specific target to focus their energy on.

TCW is irrelevant. This is movie versus.

And don't claim the Jedi/Sith can sense exactly where Magneto is, because their are no feats supporting it.

ares834
facepalm

I didn't claim that either... As I said, "who knows".

Firefly218
facepalm

I didn't claim that either... As I said, "who knows".
I never said you claimed anything. I'm just warning you not to claim it.

SSJGGogeta
Since this is movie Magneto, he looses almost instantly.

Even without their light sabers, the mere advantage they have of numbers with the force is enough to reap a shit-storm of choking on Magneto before he can do anything other than maybe bleed the iron out of one of them.

Either way, he loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.