Gorgon vs Snake Eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Each get a masterwork Katana.

Who wins?

AcidZop
Gorgon with ease.

deathslash
The only way that snake eyes could ever win is by calling in all of his friends to help him

cdtm
Snake Eyes beat Starscream and cut up Laserbeak and one of Soundwave's other cassettes.

Hate Snake Eyes.

leonidas
hmm, i recall threads where snake eyes was said to be able to spite stomp guys like logan and even spidey. i don't really recall his feats, but i'd have thought this was a much closer match and initially thought snake eyes would take this....stormshadow also had some uber feats iirc.

OneTruth
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i recall threads where snake eyes was said to be able to spite stomp guys like logan and even spidey. i don't really recall his feats, but i'd have thought this was a much closer match and initially thought snake eyes would take this....stormshadow also had some uber feats iirc. Probably not, at least in the IDW version of Snake Eyes.

Chuck Dixon, who's written extensively for IDW Snake Eyes said at the very best he'd be on par with Batman, and Bruce would most likely lose to Gorgon in a random fight.

leonidas
thumb up

but what about prior incarnations?

cdtm
Originally posted by OneTruth
Probably not, at least in the IDW version of Snake Eyes.

Chuck Dixon, who's written extensively for IDW Snake Eyes said at the very best he'd be on par with Batman, and Bruce would most likely lose to Gorgon in a random fight.

Chuck Dixon wrote a fair Snake Eyes compared to whoever had him and Storm Shadow lose to Wraith back in the early 2k run. But he's still depowered from Marvel days.. I mean, he was struggling with Firefly, and actually looked inferior to Storm Shadow a bit...

Now, the Snake Eyes from Devils Due GI Joe/Transformers was ridiculous.. Granted, in general the Transformers were pretty unimpressive, what with Megatron getting stung by small arms fire, Monstructor getting his head blown off by Joe's with lasers strapped to their backs, and UNICRON backing down from Cobra La, but Snake Eyes treated them like a joke. Two Decepticon kills, and one really bad humiliation of Starscream (which admittedly was pretty funny), and he did it with nothing more then a sword and normal grenade.

OneTruth
Originally posted by cdtm
Chuck Dixon wrote a fair Snake Eyes compared to whoever had him and Storm Shadow lose to Wraith back in the early 2k run. But he's still depowered from Marvel days.. I mean, he was struggling with Firefly, and actually looked inferior to Storm Shadow a bit...

Now, the Snake Eyes from Devils Due GI Joe/Transformers was ridiculous.. Granted, in general the Transformers were pretty unimpressive, what with Megatron getting stung by small arms fire, Monstructor getting his head blown off by Joe's with lasers strapped to their backs, and UNICRON backing down from Cobra La, but Snake Eyes treated them like a joke. Two Decepticon kills, and one really bad humiliation of Starscream (which admittedly was pretty funny), and he did it with nothing more then a sword and normal grenade. Was that Transformers crossover canon? I never really knew weather it was or wasn't.

Is this the Marvel incarnation btw? In this fight

cdtm
I believe it was a self contained canon, specific to the crossover.

Snake Eyes scarred by Starscream, Cobra using Cybertronian tech to rise to power, and the Joe's being formed in response. Which was the best way to do something like that, and why it was so good. (Yeah, the Transformers were fairly weak, but the story itself and characterization were great.)

Anyways, lets go with Marvel Snake Eyes. smile

Lunacyde
1. Gorgon wins.

2. The Transformers Crossover under DDP is not canon. Then again technically neither is the entire run of G.I. Joe under DDP. If we are being technical there is ARAH Continuity to which the Marvel run and ARAH under IDW are considered canon. There is DDP continuity under which the Joe books published under DDP are canon (but not the crossover), and then there is the IDW main continuity under which the G.I. Joe, Cobra, Snake-Eyes, and Special Missions books published under IDW are canon. Personally I always use a composite Snake-Eyes that takes into account all of these different canons, as the character remains basically the same throughout all.

3. I own nearly every comic Snake-Eyes has ever appeared in. He would not beat Spider-Man or Wolverine unless the odds were heavily stacked in his favor.

Lunacyde
I am a huge Snake-Eyes fan and I can tell you him being able to spite stomp Spider-Man or Wolverine is laughable.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lunacyde
1. Gorgon wins.

2. The Transformers Crossover under DDP is not canon. Then again technically neither is the entire run of G.I. Joe under DDP. If we are being technical there is ARAH Continuity to which the Marvel run and ARAH under IDW are considered canon. There is DDP continuity under which the Joe books published under DDP are canon (but not the crossover), and then there is the IDW main continuity under which the G.I. Joe, Cobra, Snake-Eyes, and Special Missions books published under IDW are canon. Personally I always use a composite Snake-Eyes that takes into account all of these different canons, as the character remains basically the same throughout all.

3. I own nearly every comic Snake-Eyes has ever appeared in. He would not beat Spider-Man or Wolverine unless the odds were heavily stacked in his favor.

The crossover doesn't even really use existing continuity.. It's basically a hard reboot of both franchises sharing a history back to day one, with elements cribbed in from cartoon history more then the comics.

No chance of continuity conflicts, when you build the world from the ground up and own it.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lunacyde
I am a huge Snake-Eyes fan and I can tell you him being able to spite stomp Spider-Man or Wolverine is laughable.

Well, Logan and Spidey are on two different levels, in terms of speed, agility, and strength.

Even Storm Shadow was blocking blocking automatic fire with his sword, which is bare minimum on Elektra, or Mr. X and Daredevil levels. All of them could give Logan a good fight, if not beat him, but I wouldn't give them good odds vs Spidey.

Lunacyde
The crossover doesn't even really use existing continuity.. It's basically a hard reboot of both franchises sharing a history back to day one, with elements cribbed in from cartoon history more then the comics.

No chance of continuity conflicts, when you build the world from the ground up and own it.
Right, but it is not canon with any mainstream G.I. Joe continuity is my point.

The point is that Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow are not anywhere capable of stomping either Wolverine or Spider-Man. This is a myth, and one I have seen perpetuated too often.

Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow are highly skilled and on par with those you named, but they are not capable of stomping either, that is just ludicrous.

And of course none of this means he should be able to defeat Gorgon who has punked Wolverine and Elektra at the same time.

cdtm
Taken on his own, how does DD GI Joe/TF Snake Eyes do, in your opinion?

Lunacyde
Taken on his own, how does DD GI Joe/TF Snake Eyes do, in your opinion?

Quite frankly I don't believe he has enough feats to make an accurate assessment, but I really don't know that he could win. I don't really see that version of Snake-Eyes truly being any more skilled or physically impressive than any other version. When he took down Starscream it was through Starscream's hubris. All he did was speed blitz Starscream who underestimated him because he is human, slash his optics, and shove a grenade in. This also only took down Starscream momentarily.

I don't know how Snake-Eyes would get around the fact that Gorgon is just as fast, and has the telepathic ability to read his mind.

cdtm
He also blitzed laserbeak, and spiked another one of the cassettes through the head (Compared with canon Snake Eyes being unable to damage Wraiths power armor)

Lunacyde
Essentially his cutting power is enhanced, but everything else seems basically the same.

It's really all up to the writer. They wanted Wraith to be a big bad and credible threat, so what do they do? They allow him to beat up on the guy everyone knows as the best fighter in the Joe Universe. Meanwhile if he couldn't damage the Transformers there isn't much he could do in the story. Honestly I think the Transformaers durability was just nerfed hardcore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.