Opinion: Should Call of Duty Be Made Into a Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
A couple of years ago, Call of Duty was announced to be made into a movie. If so, who should be the director and which CoD should be the film? For me it should be the MW series or Ghosts.

Lord Lucien
A video-game that's about nothing except shooting guns... being turned in to a movie that's about... nothing except shooting guns. Yeah, sounds like a real winner. And the video-game for the movie will be great, I bet.

FinalAnswer
What would be the point?

Lord Lucien
To look f*cking badass, bro!

BruceSkywalker
there is no reason why it shouldn't be..

love or hate the RE films, they've been successful for Sony..

Hitman is being rebooted..

Michael Fassbender is bringing Assassin's Creed to live action

Call of Duty just needs a good actor, director and script

jinXed by JaNx
What is so unique about the call of duty stories that requires a movie? It's war...

Rao Kal El
Watch a war movie on first person? mmm

Firefly218
Maybe it can be some sort I'd supernatural war, where the soldiers can't die. They just keep respawning

Lestov16
I wouldn't mind seeing COD made into a movie. One of the best things about the game is how cinematic and exciting it's story mode is. I think it would be rather easy to convert them into films, provided of course that it isn't Uwe Boll making them.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Firefly218
Maybe it can be some sort I'd supernatural war, where the soldiers can't die. They just keep respawning
laughing out loud

Zack Fair
The only cool story that might somewhat make a shitty movie would be Black Ops 1.

But thats it. lol.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Firefly218

Also a hacker character learns to hack into your suit/helmet that lets you never miss a shot and can see through walls.
And it wouldn't feel like a COD duty movie without the voices in their communication devices sounding like 10 year olds trying to sound tough and using cuss words . That has to be implemented somehow and it will feel like a genuine COD movie that is true to the source material.

TH3_V01D
For all the shit people give to call of duddy, i think their campaings are decent/good unlike shit like battlefield or medal of honor.

0mega Spawn
Yeah id love to see the new soldier getting his ass kicked simply because he's just started and doesn't have access to the good weapons... yes

Or how about the soldier dying as soon as he spawns via weak sniper shooting his hand killing him...

Darth Truculent
They made HALO into a movie (HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn), so in theory if they picked the right actors (or active duty military personnel) and had military advisors, then it could work. If the movie was filmed similar to Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan & Sole Survivor then it would work.

It probably would have to be a series of films similar to Star Wars or Lord of the Rings (in length). It would be really successful if the film/s had combat scenes like this:
http://youtu.be/Dyi-xmdCG1s

War in my opinion have to be fought on American soil

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lestov16
I wouldn't mind seeing COD made into a movie. One of the best things about the game is how cinematic and exciting it's story mode is. I think it would be rather easy to convert them into films, provided of course that it isn't Uwe Boll making them. Which is why there's no creative reason to do so.

Also nice bad taste in videogames. Not because you like CoD itself, but because you like it for how "cinematic" it is, lol. It's monsters like you that gave The Last of Us its undeserved acclaim.

quanchi112
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.