Ventress/Vos Novel 2015

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
So, they're turning the unfinished S6 arc into a novel! Yay!

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/07/del-rey-announced-new-novel-asajj-ventress-quinlan-vos/

ares834
Was excited until I saw it's written by Christen Golden...

King Joker
...Why is that...?

Fated Xtasy
Wow, what's with Ventress's sick new haircut looks kinda cool/hot smile

King Joker
Oh, shit, I didn't even notice she had hair! blink

carthage
Gonna be good go see some closure for Ventress

ares834
Originally posted by King Joker
...Why is that...?

Because her books are awful.

King Joker
Originally posted by ares834
Because her books are awful.
That's unfortunate.

DARTH POWER
Wait, wasn't this the story where we see Maul and Vos fighting/sparring?

Could that mean Maul survives SOD?

King Joker
Yeah, I think so.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Wait, wasn't this the story where we see Maul and Vos fighting/sparring?

Could that mean Maul survives SOD?

Or perhaps this takes place at the same time as SoD, during Maul's and Dooku's partnership.

Also, from the concept art apparently Dooku at some point is defeated by Vos as well, and Ventress is also saved(?) by him.

Let the Vos wank commence!

ares834
Eh, it didn't look like Dooku to me.

http://thewookieegunner.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/season7writersconferencedavenotes-291.jpg?w=927

Yeah, definitely not Dooku unless the artist is terrible at drawing.

NewGuy01
Who else could it possibly be, though? Quinlan Vos stands over him with rays of light shining off of him, victorious under a smoking foe that intensely resembles Count Dooku. And then the next panel depicts him walking away carrying an injured Assaj Ventress into the sunset.

No one else but Dooku could fit in that scenario, man.

ares834
Except it looks nothing like Dooku...

BruceSkywalker
will buy

Q99
Ventress should not have hair! Ahhhhhhh!

deathslash
looks interesting

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Q99
Ventress should not have hair! Ahhhhhhh!

Agreed. Bald is sometimes better.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Or perhaps this takes place at the same time as SoD, during Maul's and Dooku's partnership.

Ah damn Yeah that's possible.

Well now I'll have to read this book hoping they don't kill off Ventress so she could still pop up in Rebels!

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperor Sinious
Lol. Ventress and/or Maul appearing in Rebels would be retarded.

Honestly, considering Luminara Unduli's appearance, its quite likely.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Emperor Sinious
Lol. Ventress and/or Maul appearing in Rebels would be retarded.

No what's retarded is bringing back Maul in animation form, then sealing his final fate in a comic book or novel.

Because fact is for 99% of TCW viewers who won't be reading comics or SW Novels, Maul is still alive and around somewhere.

ares834
No, what is retarded is bringing Maul back in the first place.

Emperordmb
No what was retarded was killing him off in TPM like that in the first place.

Tzeentch
No, what is retarded is bringing Maul back in the first place. thumb up thumb up

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb

thumb up

King Joker
thumb up

Nephthys
wank

thumb up

DARTH POWER

And so now you want them to be even more retarded by not finishing that story off on screen thumb up

red8

thumb up

King Joker
So, it's called 'Dark Disciple'. Sweet.

ares834
Oh great, another Star Wars title with the word "Dark" in it...

Selenial
Eh, it didn't look like Dooku to me.

http://thewookieegunner.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/season7writersconferencedavenotes-291.jpg?w=927

Yeah, definitely not Dooku unless the artist is terrible at drawing.

Looks like those slavers we saw in season 4 (?)...

Trocity
Oh... Golden. Unfortunate.

Nalaniel
Are her novels bad? I do play World of Warcraft, but I've never read one of her Warcraft novels.

King Joker
I hear people saying she's the best WoW novel writer...

Trocity
She's not terrible, she's just not for me I guess. Her books feel rushed to me and she's not very good at character development. I read Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects and her Lich King novel and they did nothing for me.

Darth Abonis
I like that Ventress's new lightsaber is yellow. It distances herself from both the Sith and the Jedi.

|King Joker|
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-dark-disciple-cover-exclusive-reveal

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Q99
Ventress should not have hair! Ahhhhhhh! thumb up x10

ILS
Well, f*ck.

ILS
I at least like Ventress' new design. The yellow lightsaber and hair is a decent change IMO. Keeping Vos similar to his Republic comics appearance was a good move. Now all I'm hoping is that Filoni doesn't stick his dick in it and make Vos sound like an idiot like he did in TCW.

Marco1907
Yellow ? Is she turned to the light side now ? I wonder, but she would be better as a gray jedi tbh.

This is why I said this guy is a Maul hater. thumb down

This guy knows. thumb up

ILS
Lightsaber blade colour doesn't necessarily represent alignment. Yellow is kind of neutral though.

Marco1907
Originally posted by ILS
Lightsaber blade colour doesn't necessarily represent alignment. Yellow is kind of neutral though.

Yeah, that Emokin's blue blade and Kun's blue blades though.

Still Ventress's last acts seems to me turning to the light side, helping Kenobi later Ahsoka, Saving little girls etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZjBaah9oeI

ILS
Anakin had a blue blade because he didn't have enough time to change it IIRC, and I think Kun only kept his blue blades because he was trying to convince the fallen Jedi he was still a Jedi himself.

On that note though, Sylvar who was a Jedi used a red blade near the end of TotJ. So it's possible to switch it up.

Fated Xtasy
Many Jedi used red blades, Depa Billaba, Adi Gallia, Ferus Olin and Bruck Chun both used a red blade as padawans and if memory serves me right, i think Plo Koon used one at one point.

ILS
Interesting.

Marco1907
Yeah that's right, when Adi Gallia owned Sing with the force, she was using red blade.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-Omnibus-MenaceRevealed-103_zps67aef54b.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-Omnibus-MenaceRevealed-104_zps38b5714d.jpg

And Hett was using red blade too.

NewGuy01
Decent TK feat for Gallia.

DARTH POWER
Decent TK feat for Gallia.

Well they don't put you on the Jedi Council just for your good looks.

|King Joker|
I like Ventress' new saber.

Still not very fond of the hair.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well they don't put you on the Jedi Council just for your good looks.

http://img1.starwars-holonet.com/holonet/dictionnaire/photos/perso_trebor_coleman.jpg

|King Joker|
laughing out loud

Darth Abonis
Yellow saber is cool, yet Christie Golden is writing so I have 0 expectations.

|King Joker|
Is Golden really that bad?

ILS
Wasn't she the one who wrote/created Abeloth?

NewGuy01
More or less.

ILS
Is she liable to make Vos look like a retard and boost up Ventress?

Nephthys
I can only hope.

ILS
Neph is a confirmed Vos hater

|King Joker|
I doubt Vos will be as ridiculous as he was in S3 of TCW. I think he'll be cool. He can't really have that same dumbass personality alongside Asajj.

ILS
Filoni and Lucas actually made it their mission to make most of my favourite characters look like short-bus passengers in canon and I don't know why.

|King Joker|
It's quite unfortunate. There was so much potential.

|King Joker|

carthage
Didnt Vos have a kid and wife, or is that Legends now?

|King Joker|
He did, but didn't he meet his wife after Order 66?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by |King Joker|
He did, but didn't he meet his wife after Order 66?

No he didn't. He met her while he was working undercover soon after the Clone Wars broke out.

This novel is going to be like the hedgehog tick I once found on my cat, that is it will suck. Quinlan/Khaleen Hentz was one of the best pairings in Star Wars and now they want to screw that up.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by chilled monkey
No he didn't. He met her while he was working undercover soon after the Clone Wars broke out. I think I remember that chick, yeah.

carthage
Genuinely looking forward to the novel even in spite of the fact it's associated with the crap TCW show. Hopefully, they changed some things around for it that are different from how it would've been on the show.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Genuinely looking forward to the novel even in spite of the fact it's associated with the crap TCW show. Hopefully, they changed some things around for it that are different from how it would've been on the show. They're already making it more of an adult novel.

"2:37: Heddle says that it will be more of a novel for adults, and Hidalgo notes that the novel will be able to go deeper in ways that the show could not."

http://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2014-star-wars-a-new-dawn-panel-liveblog

But apparently Golden sucks so I'm not getting my hopes up.

ILS
No he didn't. He met her while he was working undercover soon after the Clone Wars broke out. Eh, nope. His storyline in Republic ends with him, his wife and Korto safely hidden during Order 66.

deathslash
Originally posted by ILS
Eh, nope. His storyline in Republic ends with him, his wife and Korto safely hidden during Order 66. Sorry to say this, but you're right and wrong at the same time. Chilled Monkey was answering the question of when he met Khaleen Hentz, not when his story ended.

ILS
When KJ said "didn't he meet his wife after Order 66" I went on the assumption that people knew they didn't only meet during Order 66. I thought he meant did they rendezvous after Order 66.

DARTH POWER

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ILS
Eh, nope. His storyline in Republic ends with him, his wife and Korto safely hidden during Order 66.

Did you actually read what was said?

Originally posted by ILS
When KJ said "didn't he meet his wife after Order 66" I went on the assumption that people knew they didn't only meet during Order 66. I thought he meant did they rendezvous after Order 66.

Well that's pretty daft if you'll pardon my saying so. The question was:

"didn't he meet his wife after Order 66?"

Obviously this means did he meet his wife FOR THE FIRST TIME after Order 66.

When someone says "I met my wife/husband during" or "he/she met his/her wife/husband during" no duh the couple will have had times when they weren't in the exact same area and so had to meet up at multiple different times/places. The only way it makes sense (unless the speaker is referring to very specific instances) is if it refers to their first meeting. It's just common sense.

chilled monkey
Sorry for sounding like a jerk in my last post. I was feeling stressed and I took it out on you. That was out of order.

Again, sorry.

deathslash
Sorry for sounding like a jerk in my last post. I was feeling stressed and I took it out on you. That was out of order.

Again, sorry. look at this guy. All proper and s**t. He comes back to a thread just to apologize when he thinks he sounds rude.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by |King Joker|
They're already making it more of an adult novel.

"2:37: Heddle says that it will be more of a novel for adults, and Hidalgo notes that the novel will be able to go deeper in ways that the show could not."

http://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2014-star-wars-a-new-dawn-panel-liveblog

But apparently Golden sucks so I'm not getting my hopes up. Flowery purple prose sex scenes between Vos and Ventress. Awesome.

|King Joker|
What sane individual wouldn't want that?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by deathslash
look at this guy. All proper and s**t. He comes back to a thread just to apologize when he thinks he sounds rude.

Yes.

|King Joker|

|King Joker|
https://40.media.tumblr.com/e1008e5311faad33656b40f57163d5b0/tumblr_npaaylTk1w1rf94vto1_500.jpg

carthage
Cant wait for it

Aurbere

|King Joker|
I really hope this is at least a decent novel. I've heard less than flattering thing about Golden's writing ability. And needless to say, using characters like Quinlan Vos or Asajj Ventress and having them be portrayed well and accurately requires a pretty great writer.

Beniboybling
If it was written well I would be VentressxVos would be OK, however the preview from Lords of the Sith suggest's Golden's talents as a writer leave much to be desired...

Bad romance is bad...

Aurbere
I haven't heard flattering things regarding Golden's writing, so I don't have high hopes. Honestly, I'm primarily going to read it just because Dooku's in it, but I don't have much faith that Golden will write a good Dooku. At least, not to the same level Sean Stewart did in Dark Rendezvous.

The idea for the romance was also really bad. If it's executed right, it could be good. Reserving my thoughts on it, however.

ILS
In interviews it's made clear that the whole conflict in Force alignment, character development side of things is tilted pretty heavily on Ventress' side. Even traits that are more important to Vos' character than hers. Not getting my hopes up for it.

Galan007
http://s14.postimg.org/y6si016td/insider158_61.png

I know it won't be popular, but I am really looking forward to this novel.

DARTH POWER
^ This whole mission set up by the Jedi Council adds more weight to Skywalker taking Dooku out in ROTS.

Total Warrior
Ehi guys, did you read the first 60 pages now available on the net? What do you think? I liked this beginning and i look forward to buying it next month

DarthAnt66
link

Total Warrior
http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2015/06/60-seitige-vorschau-auf-dark-disciple-von-christie-golden/

Trocity
She will write Ventress way better than she does Vos.

She always puts a lot more effort into female characters.

Lord Stark

ILS
Originally posted by Trocity

She always puts a lot more effort into female characters. This was one of my concerns. Ugh.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Trocity

She always puts a lot more effort into female characters. You've read her books?

ares834
Just read some major spoilers.

Vos fully turns to the dark side and become Dooku's new apprentice. Ventress dies.

no expression

Hopefully we get another book though detailing Vos's redemption as that needs to happen before RotS.

carthage
Does she die to Dooku?

Who kills her?

ares834
Spoiler tag that shit.

Dooku kills her.

That's all I really know about that.

Zenwolf
Interesting, though I kind of figured something like that would happen considering who they were fighting.

ares834
Also Ventress killed Tholme who is once more Vos's master.

|King Joker|

Vos fully turns to the dark side and become Dooku's new apprentice. Ventress dies.

no expression

Hopefully we get another book though detailing Vos's redemption as that needs to happen before RotS. This makes me want to bash my head into a ****ing wall.

Also Ventress killed Tholme who is once more Vos's master. And lol

Galan007

no expression I don't mind this at all, tbh. I just wish it would have been Vos that killed her, instead of Dooku.

...Though I suppose that might have made future redemption unobtainable for the former. /shrug

Emperordmb
Source for these revelations?

Zenwolf

no expression

Hopefully we get another book though detailing Vos's redemption as that needs to happen before RotS.

Sec tho, where did you read those spoilers?

|King Joker|
?v=h5AhCl_2PbI

ares834

ares834
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't mind this at all, tbh. I just wish it would have been Vos that killed her, instead of Dooku.

...Though I suppose that might have made future redemption unobtainable for the former. /shrug

He apparently kills some Jedi. So it really shouldn't make a huge difference IMO.

Zenwolf
Hmm...interesting though tbh, I guess it would fit with Ventress dying as I don't see much else where she could go. Plus it's Dooku so one of them would have to die as I see it.

The_Tempest

|King Joker|
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Wait wait wait

Vos beats DOOKU?! laughing out loud

And everyone thought Vos was just another C-list Jedi. Silly schmucks.

ares834
Not in the novel. But, based on the concept art, that seems to have been what happens in his redemption arc. I didn't think that was Dooku at first even though it looks sorta like him, but after reading spoiler from this novel I think that's likely who it is.

Total Warrior
There is a concept art with Vos fighting Maul. Does it mean in this novel Quinlan will duel and maybe kill Maul?

ares834
He doesn't. But he becomes Dooku's apprentice which explains his eyes. Presumably Dooku/Sidious sends him after Maul sometime after this novel (at least that was the original intent).

The_Tempest
Sounds like a lot of potentially intriguing storylines. It's just too bad that we lost TCW before its endgame.

|King Joker|
thumb up

TerasKasi1023
I swear this is ridiculous, I know it was made clear that all EU material is non-canon and from what I've read it is a good book but I can't help feeling a little melancholy. For years I/we have followed Dark Horse and their story of Quinlan's journey to and from the Dark Side and to have it all just erased is disappointing.

There is some decent stuff coming from this Disney Canon but all in all I still prefer Legends.

ares834
From the sounds of it, it would have been pretty much just a reworking of Vos's story arc from the comics anyway. Just far more epic as it's Dooku and Maul rather than Sora Bulq and Tol Skorr. Hopefully, we get novels or comics based on the rest of it.

Lord Stark
Still wish the Dooku's acolytes were a thing. Bulq was a good lieutenant.

carthage
Any of you guys seen this before?

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/p720x720/11221852_10153416158123713_5318871133407843828_o.jpg

|King Joker|
I've seen it, haven't read it.

ILS
But that fodder Ahsoka is in it

carthage
thumb up

The_Tempest
So a dark side Vos actually does indeed defeat Dooku.

carthage
So a dark side Vos actually does indeed defeat Dooku.

**** really?!?!

Emperordmb
Ew

The_Tempest
Yup. Dooku smacks him around with the Force, but Vos takes it to swords and his "unpredictability" gives him the edge in this particular contest per the narrator.

DarthAnt66
My life is complete.

carthage
Source?

Well RIP Agen Kolar/Darth Bane n their next matchup

The_Tempest
I was personally trolling through an incomplete online edition.

DarthAnt66
Any of you guys seen this before?

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/p720x720/11221852_10153416158123713_5318871133407843828_o.jpg
What insider is that?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What insider is that? Insider 159

The_Tempest
Also Vos meets Sidious and Dooku conspires with Vos to kill him.

carthage
If that happens It's be a great twist

Does Ventress really die?

The_Tempest
Dooku kills Asajj via Force lightning meant for Vos.

Whoops

carthage
Dooku kills Asajj via Force lightning meant for Vos.

Whoops

Omfg

The_Tempest
As expected, this book is turrible. The romance is hackneyed and even the outcome of that duel aside, Dooku is written so badly here.

carthage
Ew

You mad?

And that's great he wins, We can now speak of Vos among high tier duelists now

The_Tempest
He should be. This stuff is almost Karpyshyn level.

Well, I guess that means he should like it. But the rest of us? Yuck.

DarthAnt66
Temp, where are you getting this information?

The_Tempest
I have my ways.

carthage
He ****ed the author

DarthAnt66
Temp be trolling us tbh.

carthage
I'll have to wait and see, even if Temp is yanking my chain

NewGuy01
Was about to say, not sure if srs. If srs, link. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

The_Tempest
I'm not linking lest my source be compromised. It's how I know all about upcoming books. uhuh

You're free to be skeptical. Perhaps it will inure you for what's to come.

Tzeentch
He ****ed the author He is the author.

carthage
I'm not linking lest my source be compromised. It's how I know all about upcoming books. uhuh

You're free to be skeptical. Perhaps it will inure you for what's to come.

Just post the link or I'll report you for socking thumb up

NewGuy01
LOL

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>