Lucy runs the Super Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
1. Spiderman, Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, and Sandman (Raimi version)
2. Fantastic Four + Doom
3. The Avengers (Tony, Cap, Hulk, BW, HE, Thor, Abomination, Kurse, The Destroyer, Winter Soldier, Whiplash, and Killian)
4. X Men (Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Pyro, Weapon XI, and regular Jean Grey)
5. Tetsuo Shima and Phoenix Jean Grey
5. MOS Superman, Zod, and Faora, and Hancock and Mary
6. Green Lantern
7. Doctor Manhattan and Silver Surfer
8. Q
9. The Mask
10. God (Bruce Almighty)

Lucy is at 99% brain power
Bloodlusted deathmatch/ no PIS/CIS
All fights take place in Times Square
Lucy gets a full health recharge after each round

Who takes this?

Zack Fair
Uh..haven't seen the movie. Didn't you say she was a glass jaw? By Glass Jaw....how glass? And ...if she were to die, would it be over for her? Cause she ends up being omnipotent and shit, doesn't she?

Lestov16
I will list her feats best as I can remember them:

When she is first affected by the CPH4, she defies gravity and convulses on the wall and ceiling

Advanced intellect, reads thousands of pages of study in moments, instantly analyzes medical reports, speaks foreign languages in moments

TK at various points, suspending multiple people in the air, flinging them through rooms, and KOing them with a handwave, along with flipping over multiple cars and holding a pen in mid-air

Eidetic Memory, able to recall the taste of her's mother's breastmilk and being inside her womb

Technopathy, was able to manipulate all the electronics in Freeman's house from countries away; is also able to read electronic information streams and find out info

Telepathy (tactile), reads the memories of people by touching them at various times

Immunity to pain, digs bullets out of her shoulder without a slight wince

Precognition, is able to predict what her friends says before it is spoken (though this may have been the advanced intellect)

Shapeshifting, alters her appearance, and at one point gives herself a "monster" hand and a webbed CFTBL-like hand, and even two hands from the same arm.

Clairvoyance, calls a cop for plot reasons, and is able to discern where the pen is for him to write down the info, again countries away. Is also able to sense when the villains are coming.

Increased senses, can feel the cells growing inside her brain.

At 99%, she explores both space (going to Times Square, the wilderness, and explores several nebulae 2001-style) and time (rewinds time back to the 1800s, then the time of the natives, then the time of hominids, then the time of dinosaurs, and then the formation of Earth itself). It should be noted that she is doing this through her mind, as her body is connected to a supercomputer (that she made out of herself). It should be noted that she was threatened at this point because a gangster was trying to shoot her in the head and she was distracted.

at 100%, she transcends physical existence (causing her to narrowly avoid the bullet)

If I forgot any feats, I'll list them later

But yeah, she's a glass cannon, but only if she is distracted, and the shit she was doing exploring spacetime is a much bigger distraction than most of these opponents can bring.

wakkawakkawakka
She gets to 7 I think assuming the Kryponians aren't immune to mind-raping. Does Lucy have any means of taking out the Doc or Surfer?

Lestov16
Also forgot regarding the TK:
-Creates an invisible wall to trap a baddie
- Freezes him in place and takes the MacGuffin from him

ares834
From the sounds of it, it seems like she doesn't have what it takes to put down characters like Hulk or Superman.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lestov16
I will list her feats best as I can remember them:

When she is first affected by the CPH4, she defies gravity and convulses on the wall and ceiling

Advanced intellect, reads thousands of pages of study in moments, instantly analyzes medical reports, speaks foreign languages in moments

TK at various points, suspending multiple people in the air, flinging them through rooms, and KOing them with a handwave, along with flipping over multiple cars and holding a pen in mid-air

Eidetic Memory, able to recall the taste of her's mother's breastmilk and being inside her womb

Technopathy, was able to manipulate all the electronics in Freeman's house from countries away; is also able to read electronic information streams and find out info

Telepathy (tactile), reads the memories of people by touching them at various times

Immunity to pain, digs bullets out of her shoulder without a slight wince

Precognition, is able to predict what her friends says before it is spoken (though this may have been the advanced intellect)

Shapeshifting, alters her appearance, and at one point gives herself a "monster" hand and a webbed CFTBL-like hand, and even two hands from the same arm.

Clairvoyance, calls a cop for plot reasons, and is able to discern where the pen is for him to write down the info, again countries away. Is also able to sense when the villains are coming.

Increased senses, can feel the cells growing inside her brain.

At 99%, she explores both space (going to Times Square, the wilderness, and explores several nebulae 2001-style) and time (rewinds time back to the 1800s, then the time of the natives, then the time of hominids, then the time of dinosaurs, and then the formation of Earth itself). It should be noted that she is doing this through her mind, as her body is connected to a supercomputer (that she made out of herself). It should be noted that she was threatened at this point because a gangster was trying to shoot her in the head and she was distracted.

at 100%, she transcends physical existence (causing her to narrowly avoid the bullet)

If I forgot any feats, I'll list them later

But yeah, she's a glass cannon, but only if she is distracted, and the shit she was doing exploring spacetime is a much bigger distraction than most of these opponents can bring.

Dang, this movie sounds completely bonkers.

Lestov16
Also should mention, she was flipping cars out of the way while speeding down the wrong lane to her destination, which shows amazing reflexes. She also lowers a vehicle barrier to get past it, and then raises it again to stop the cops from following her. IIRC she also mentions she's never driven before, although she's doing FATF style-maneuvers.

NemeBro
Based on my brief skimming of her powers because I'm incredibly lazy and you write like Dan Brown, Tetsuo seems much faster and more powerful, if less versatile.

Lestov16
IDK if he's faster. She was scanning hundreds of articles in seconds.

Also forgot to mention, after KOing a roomful of people with her TK, she empties a policeman's clip

NemeBro
Tetsuo has reactions at near lightspeed my son, reacting to actual satellite lasers.

Lestov16
Didn't the laser hit him (causing him to lose his arm), making him overload it? I wouldn't call that lightspeed reflexes.

EDIT: NVM that, he does block it and then fly into space and destroy it. My bad. But he still got hit, so his reflexes aren't absolute.

NemeBro
He deflected it at the last second IIRC, only losing his arm in the process.

Lestov16
pxh-IjxG2KY

NemeBro
I remembered what occurred wrongly, but he did shield against the laser after it fired immediately afterward.

Also Tetsuo is pretty durable. He's still probably a relative glass cannon but he does have superhuman durability.

Lestov16
I would say Lucy does too, considering she reformed after briefly melting/disintegrating, although she was in a hospital afterwards. As mentioned before, she's immune to pain.

Lestov16
Also forgot, she materializes matter by duplicating a pen.

theTANTALIZER
At 99 %..you might as well go for the full 100 %. She unlocked the creation of the Universe or was it earth? Did Testuo created another Universe?

Lestov16
Well at 100% she transcended physical existence, so 99% was the last time she was in physical form. Also, I believe she was viewing the creation of Earth, and then exploring the universe itself.

I do believe Tetsuo created another universe, but at that stage, he was a giant gelatinous infant, so we're not using that stage.

ares834
Also forgot, she materializes matter by duplicating a pen.

Haha. Holy shit this movie sounds stupid.

Lestov16
People are not always expecting Citizen Kane when they go to the movies.

ares834
No. But a premise that doesn't sound like absolute dog shit does help.

Lestov16
I must say, have you seen the film? I hope you're not one of those retards who criticizes films they've never seen.

ares834
Nope. Luckily for me I'm not saying it is awful, just that it sounds awful. And it does.

Lestov16
And you are the authority on objective awfulness?

ares834
Yes.

Lestov16
I'd say I have more authority on the judgement of the film since I actually saw it.

ares834
Sure. But I'm the "authority on objective awfulness". And the film sounds stupid.

Edit: Seriously though, I think the film premise sounds stupid as hell. Obviously this is my opinion, but when I type up a post I don't put an "IMO" after every opinion.

Lestov16
So basically you came to this thread and threw it off topic just to say the film (which you haven't seen) sounds stupid (in your subjective opinion), pretty much attention-whore trolling. How exactly did your opinion merit relevance here?

ares834
lmao

Someone is butt hurt.

Lestov16
and his username is ares834, since he's trolling threads bytching about films he hasn't seen.

ares834
thumb up

Good one. But keep feeding me. I need the subsistence to keep trolling this thread.

NemeBro
So basically you came to this thread and threw it off topic just to say the film (which you haven't seen) sounds stupid (in your subjective opinion), pretty much attention-whore trolling. How exactly did your opinion merit relevance here? Stop being a whiny little ***** just because someone insulted your waifu.

Lestov16
Calm your titties, Nemedamus

Zack Fair
Like anyone with an Eva sig can talk about awfulness awesome

NemeBro
Eva is better than Kill la Kill.

Time Immemorial
Stops hard at 1,2 or 3. I don't see her soloing those guys at all. Thats too much firepower.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by NemeBro
Eva is better than Kill la Kill. Eva is nice. It is very out there though, and has that shitty ending of the original series. What a mind **** that was. ****er was doing acid for sure.(besides budget issues)

NemeBro
Eva's ending was great.

FrothByte
It's pretty hard to beat someone who can pause and even rewind time. Can rearrange molecules at a whim or knock you out with a thought.

She can clear the gauntlet, as long as she doesn't space out while in the middle of the fight. Otherwise she only has human durability so one lapse of attention is all it needs to take her off the fight.

But as long as she stays focused, I think she clears this.

edit: Haven't watched Bruce almighty so can't comment on that fight.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
It's pretty hard to beat someone who can pause and even rewind time. Can rearrange molecules at a whim or knock you out with a thought.

She can clear the gauntlet, as long as she doesn't space out while in the middle of the fight. Otherwise she only has human durability so one lapse of attention is all it needs to take her off the fight.

But as long as she stays focused, I think she clears this.

No proof suggesting she can freeze time and then kill anyone. Or handle any of these top level characters.

Kurse/destroyer get knocked out? How does this happen?

Clears gauntlet is a large bluff

Did you read the whole gauntlet?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
No proof suggesting she can freeze time and then kill anyone. Or handle any of these top level characters.

Kurse/destroyer get knocked out? How does this happen?

Clears gauntlet is a large bluff

Did you read the whole gauntlet?

Did you watch the movie? She can easily manipulate molecules and energy around her. She can reform Kurse if she wanted to. What proof do you have that she can't kill someone once she's frozen time? There certainly was no indication that she couldn't interact with the physical environment once time is frozen.

Plus she's near darn omniscient. How is anyone going to beat her if she knows what they're about to do before they do it?

Time Immemorial
Did you watch the movie? She can easily manipulate molecules and energy around her. She can reform Kurse if she wanted to. What proof do you have that she can't kill someone once she's frozen time? There certainly was no indication that she couldn't interact with the physical environment once time is frozen.

I did watch the movie, did you?

FrothByte
I did watch the movie, did you?

Just finished actually. You still have provided no answer for how the others can beat her when she stops time, or when she rearranges their molecules, or how they can fight her when she knows what they're about to do.

Time Immemorial
Just finished actually. You still have provided no answer for how the others can beat her when she stops time, or when she rearranges their molecules, or how they can fight her when she knows what they're about to do.

Who's molecules did she re arrange besides herself and a pen?

When she was traveling through time, did she stop the raptor or bfr herself from it?

Actually DM has the same ability as he sees all time past and present simultaneously, so how does she clear him, and how does she clear Q as well as God?

She has uber powers put who did she go up against that has this power in this line up? DM, SS, Q all have power to re arrange molecules but she clears them as well.

Get real

FrothByte
Why would she need to stop the trex when she wasn't even threatened? When she was finally rearranging molecules she wasn't interested in fighting anyone at that moment. Big difference between her and guys like Ss and Manhattan is SHE CAN FREEZE TIME. they can't.

Time Immemorial
While Lucy was busy traveling through time in her mind, she was pretty much fully occupied by that. Unable to stop what was going on outside right behind her, or the guy walking up to her with a gun about to shoot her.

You are clearly not understanding DM's power level to its fullest. He is able to do the same thing she can however is not bound and burdened while doing it. While he is constantly viewing the past and the future he can operate like nothing is even happening. Making copies of himself, being on Mars and Earth at the same time, building things, having sex, literally doing whatever he wants along with all his other powers.

Sure on the outside if you look at it the fresh new movie up in your face Lucy seems super powerful which she is, however she is only human till 100% and she has very exploitable weakness, especially against upper tier aliens and gods.

As time is relative and the universe is not. If she freezes relative time around her, on say someone who does not exists in our time like like DM or Q or God, how would she kill them? She can't because they are omnipotent beings not is not bound by our plane of time. Stopping time would not stop them because time does not matter to them or affect them.

Lestov16
The only reason she was preoccupied is because she was building a supercomputer to give knowledge to Freeman.

also, Manhattan can't go back to the formation of Earth like Lucy can. She's clearly the superior in terms of temporal manipulation.

Manhattan, Q, and God should be able to take her if she's only at 99%. IDK how a fight with Surfer would go down, since she's tachyonic

StealthRanger
>Dr Manhattan and Q
>omnipotent

I lol'd

Utrigita
Stops around five imo.

Lestov16
I doubt it. At 99% spacetime was her bytch. I think she gets stopped by Doc

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StealthRanger
>Dr Manhattan and Q
>omnipotent

I lol'd

Lol that you have no clue what omnipotent is. laughing

StealthRanger
No I actually know what omnipotence is

And given how many characters in fiction are called omnipotent and how very few actually have it, well you can see where I'm going

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StealthRanger
No I actually know what omnipotence is

And given how many characters in fiction are called omnipotent and how very few actually have it, well you can see where I'm going

There is very few I agree, however he has immense power given how he was written in fiction there really would be no way to kill him. I feel DM is overlooked a lot cause of the shitty movie about him. From the comics I feel he has opnipotence. Characters like LT have a specific task and have a huge verse to take care of, DM was a man turned god with no real purpose, I feel thats why he is overlooked a lot.

FrothByte
There is very few I agree, however he has immense power given how he was written in fiction there really would be no way to kill him. I feel DM is overlooked a lot cause of the shitty movie about him. From the comics I feel he has opnipotence. Characters like LT have a specific task and have a huge verse to take care of, DM was a man turned god with no real purpose, I feel thats why he is overlooked a lot.

Well yes, but since we're not allowed to use comics all we really have are his movie feats...

Lestov16
I feel DM is overlooked a lot cause of the shitty movie about him.

The Watchmen movie wasn't shitty.....

Time Immemorial
Well yes, but since we're not allowed to use comics all we really have are his movie feats...

You realize what you are saying? Example it was never said Silver Surfer had the power cosmic in the movie, so that means that he didn't have it, and we can't say he did because it never said so.

Lestov16
We just call it power cosmic because that's what it was called in the comics and it's easier than calling it "Galactus Power" or something. That doesn't mean he actually has the comic version of that power.

Time Immemorial
We just call it power cosmic because that's what it was called in the comics and it's easier than calling it "Galactus Power" or something. That doesn't mean he actually has the comic version of that power.

Exactly, cause we ain't 5th grader.

FrothByte
You realize what you are saying? Example it was never said Silver Surfer had the power cosmic in the movie, so that means that he didn't have it, and we can't say he did because it never said so.

We may not use the term "power cosmic" but that doesn't mean he didn't have that power in the movie, or at least something very similar to it... since he did show usage of said power.

Claiming SS has power cosmic is one thing, claiming DM is omnipotent is quite another.

Time Immemorial
We may not use the term "power cosmic" but that doesn't mean he didn't have that power in the movie, or at least something very similar to it... since he did show usage of said power.

Claiming SS has power cosmic is one thing, claiming DM is omnipotent is quite another.

I disagree.

Lestov16
Actually FrothByte is right. Power Cosmic is the official term for SS's powers, so that's what we call it. Doc is not officially omnipotent because he was never gauged against anybody else with power and others have better feats. Whereas SS officially has "power cosmic", Doc's "omnipotence" is only hyperbole.

Time Immemorial
Omnipotence implies something extremely powerful or unlimited power. SS say would not be omnipotent because his power has stipulations and can be killed, or hurt, DM's power does not have stipluations nor can he be killed.

Lestov16
That is a no-limits fallacy.

Time Immemorial
No not really. What are his limits?

Lestov16
That is a no-limits fallacy.

FrothByte
Omnipotence means limitless power. Means he should be able to do anything. From creating things out of nothing to curing aids and cancer, so simply deleting an entire species from existence with a thought. DM is very powerful but let's not kid ourselves. Omnipotent he is not.

Plus need I remind you that for all his power, he was outsmarted by a human.

seymourwal
she stops at God

Utrigita
From the comics I feel he has omnipotence.

You felt wrong, Doctor Manhatten has in the comics done nothing to my knowledge that places him above the Silver Surfer.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Utrigita
You felt wrong, Doctor Manhatten has in the comics done nothing to my knowledge that places him above the Silver Surfer. You should read his 'Before Watchmen' run. Its gives you more of an idea of his power instead of leaving it all abstract. He exists throughout multiple universes and realities simultaneously, bounces around through time, creates different realities, destroys them, brings people back to life, creates life, (etc...). There isn't any way to stop him either. He went back in time and stopped his past self from ever getting into that accident. He continued to exist. Comic him is significantly above Surfer and every other Herald combined.

Time Immemorial
Omnipotence means limitless power. Means he should be able to do anything. From creating things out of nothing to curing aids and cancer, so simply deleting an entire species from existence with a thought. DM is very powerful but let's not kid ourselves. Omnipotent he is not.

Plus need I remind you that for all his power, he was outsmarted by a human.

Him taking the blame without having any repercussions stopped nuclear war. Like he said "A living body has the same amount of particles, there is no difference." He cares less. So he actually was not outsmarted cause his end result was greater then the impending doom of Nuclear War.

He actually was not outsmarted because DM didn't care millions of people died. He said "fck it, I will take the blame leave earth and go create life somewhere else."

Silver Surfer was outsmarted by the smarted human and it ended up saving the planet as well.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You should read his 'Before Watchmen' run. Its gives you more of an idea of his power instead of leaving it all abstract. He exists throughout multiple universes and realities simultaneously, bounces around through time, creates different realities, destroys them, brings people back to life, creates life, (etc...). There isn't any way to stop him either. He went back in time and stopped his past self from ever getting into that accident. He continued to exist. Comic him is significantly above Surfer and every other Herald combined.

Very good post.

FrothByte
Him taking the blame without having any repercussions stopped nuclear war. Like he said "A living body has the same amount of particles, there is no difference." He cares less. So he actually was not outsmarted cause his end result was greater then the impending doom of Nuclear War.

He actually was not outsmarted because DM didn't care millions of people died. He said "fck it, I will take the blame leave earth and go create life somewhere else."

Silver Surfer was outsmarted by the smarted human and it ended up saving the planet as well.

No, DM was outsmarted. He had no idea what Ozy was doing, was caught completely by surprise by Ozy's plan. Later on Ozy explained why he did it and DM agreed, played his part. That still doesn't change the fact that up until Ozy revealed his plan that DM was in the dark and got outsmarted.

Lestov16
DM got outsmarted because Ozy used the tachyons to interfere with his precog.

Time Immemorial
No, DM was outsmarted. He had no idea what Ozy was doing, was caught completely by surprise by Ozy's plan. Later on Ozy explained why he did it and DM agreed, played his part. That still doesn't change the fact that up until Ozy revealed his plan that DM was in the dark and got outsmarted.

Ok let's break if down. Every person on earth could have died and he would not have cared. Adrian actually did care thats why he did something about it cause DM would not. The US planed on him being a nuclear deterrent, however the war was going to happen with or without his intervention. Adrian knew that since DM could care less he tricked the whole world into thinking it was DM to save it. You can't outsmart someone who does not care about anything.

If I throw a penny out the window driving do I even care or will it have any impact on my life ever? Thats the same feeling DM had on if the world burned from nukes, he didn't give two shits cause he was across the star in other places and just wanted to be left alone. Had he actually cares to try and stop it he would have. Adrian knew DM didn't care and a world waste land meant nothing to him. He had to step in cause of indifference.

DM actually outsmarted Adrian because if Adtian had just told him he would have understood instantly and Adrian would not have had go spend 2 billion on Tacheyon research, when he could of just had DM look into the future without blocking his vision. He would have taken the blame anyways cause he wanted to leave earth all along.

When he said the worlds smartest human means as much to him as the worlds smartest termite, he meant it.

God Cloth Seiya
Stops at 3.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You should read his 'Before Watchmen' run. Its gives you more of an idea of his power instead of leaving it all abstract. He exists throughout multiple universes and realities simultaneously, bounces around through time, creates different realities, destroys them, brings people back to life, creates life, (etc...). There isn't any way to stop him either. He went back in time and stopped his past self from ever getting into that accident. He continued to exist. Comic him is significantly above Surfer and every other Herald combined.

Ahh I wasn't aware that they had made a new Watchmen comic. His performance in the main series didn't leave a impression beyond Herald level. Will give before watchmen a read.

Lestov16
Just rewatched the movie. Apparently Lucy is far more powerful than I initially remembered. She is capable of transmuting and disintegrating matter on a trans- quantum level. She'll probably get stopped by Doc, but I can see her taking out the others via mind rape or transmutation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.