best funny foreign movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TinyDancer99
I just saw a preview of L'Auberge Espagnole (it opens on May 16, I think), and it's about these exchange students living together while studying in Barcelona. They party, they drink, they hook-up, they have a good time!

But more importantly, this movie supports my theory that some foreign movies need to be watched with a supply of tissue to wipe away tears of laughter, not tears of sorrow (Blue, I'm looking in your direction!)

So, what do you think are the best funny foreign movies of all time???

mah
Ah! My Goddess - The Movie...well, funny now and then.

Ushgarak
I suppose 'foreign' movie becomes a tricky thing to pin down on a multi-national board.

Thomas H
well, I choose the Norwegian film Elling!

Julie
I dunno

finti
all the movies I watch are foreign movies...........too me. Just watch British or Yank movies

TinyDancer99
Here's a question: what nationality would you attach to the Harry Potter franchise???

Augeybana
Saw BrotherHood of the Wolf and it was pretty awesome.

Corran
Cyrano De Bergerac is the best foreign movie, this is me saying this about something French it must be good.

kychesu
Shaolin Soccer!

lol, i have no clue what my fav is.

Augeybana
saw a trailer to that movie Sholin Soccer and it looks real bad.

kychesu
haha well some ppl hate it, while some ppl love it. it's a classic Stephen Chow-styled movie. it's one of those ones that are so stupid that it's funny. but hey, this movie made the most money out of all Hong Kong movies ever

Augeybana
Life Is beautiful was pretty funny.

charmedFairy
it was a german movie i saw awhile back but cant remember the name confused

Sick Girl
its not a forein-movie for me personally (cos i am from germany big grin )
but this will probably a foreign movie for most of the members here, so i would say:
Knocking on heavens door.
german movie which is always kinda compared to pulp fiction, although I dont see that much of similarities. it's about two guys that are terminally ill and all they want to do before they die is seeing the ocean again.

laughing that doesnt sound very funny, i know, but believe me it is!

starwing
The original French film La Cage Aux Folles I thought was pretty funny. So is the Tall Bond with a BLack Shoe.

starwing
That should read Tall Blond With a Black Shoe .

starwing
Also got some great laughs from the original Japanese movie Shall We Dance. An adorable film and much better than the English remake.

Got some memorable laughs from the long running Yoji Yamada Tora-san movie series (about a bumbling peddler somewhat similar to Charlie Chaplin's the tramp--but still totally different with the humor, culture, and the countryside of Japan.)

pinsleepe
If foreign is also about English, then Monty Python's Life of Brian.

If not, Seksmisja (that would be Sexmission). OMG ENGLISH VERSION! You MUST check it out! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088083/

Enjoy!

Myth
Kung Fu Hustle. Most foreign movies I have seen are more serious.

Cinemaddiction
"Shaolin Soccer", especially Stephen Chow's nod to the Bruce Lee stand-in when the monk goalie has to leave.

Myth
Lee had a small part in SS? I missed that.

Cinemaddiction
Here's the deal.

The goalie in "Shaolin Soccer", Iron Shirt, is supposed to be a gigantic Bruce Lee fan. In the game, he wore this goalie shirt.

http://images.zap2it.com/ltvimages/images/240/shaolinsoccer_240_002.jpg

In "Game of Death", there were 2 Bruce Lee look a like in the first 85 minutes of the movie. They had big bushy hair, and ALWAYS wore these huge child molestor sunglasses.

http://www.dvdzine.nl/itp/screens/3f632a404129dgd7.jpg

The last 10 minutes featured the actual Lee in the yellow jumpsuit. Iron Shirt's jersey was patterned after it, as was The Bride's suit in "Kill Bill". In "Shaolin Soccer", when Iron Shirt had to be taken out after this....

http://www.dvdspecials.nl/recensies/img2/shaolin_soccer_2-disc_edition.jpg

...there was a scene where he was on the stretcher, gave a thumbs up, then put on a set of glasses identical to the ones the Lee double in "Game of Death" wore.

Cinemaddiction
Here's the pic of Iron Shirt putting on the glasses..it's off of my TV/DVD..so pardon the really crappy picture, lol.

BTW, the wrong pic showed up, and I couldn't edit it. The scene where he was taken out when when Team Evil's kick spun him through the goal and into the stands towards the end of the movie.

Wolflet
Shaolin Soccer & Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail

Dregh
Ruby & Quentin

Original Title : Tais Toe! (or sth like that)

saltyjesus
The answer: Kung Fu Hustle, looks bad, but is great and really funny!

Oh yeah, can't forget Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or Life of Brian too.

River Wild
I love the Kung Fu Hussle, you will really laugh when you see this movie!

dj-gigi
hey guys! check out this hilarious British-Egyptian movie!
and let me know what do u think of it and if you know any similar movies??

Synopsis:

Follow Sherif ; a loser from the cafe culture of Cairo on this side splitting journey into the heart of the British establishment.

After training with the mysterious Master as a spy, the naive Egyptian investigates every corner of multicultural London landing himself into some serious hot water. It's a roller coaster ride that takes him from East to West via South America.

The story kicks off when he gets an unexpected visit from the big boys at MI6...

This hilarious story takes a refreshing look at cultural relations in London, cutting through the political correctness to poke fun at the stereotypes of Arabs, Latins, Jews, punk heads, gangstas and whoever else has the misfortune to get in his way...

You can download the trailer from the website - w w w . fromegyptwithlove . c o m

eleveninches
kung fu hustle is f-ing awesome!!!

xkalybr
Two great foreign films that is real funny and sexy...

Y Tu Mama Tambien

French Twist

Check them out. big grin

Nuke Nixon
Police Story, I love goofy Jackie Chan movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.