THOR NO Hammer vs HULKS (read OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rao Kal El
Thor is going to fight different incarnations of the Hulk with out Mjolnir.

He is fighting them ONE BY ONE (Not in group)

He rest and heals between rounds, How far can He make it?

1.- Grey Hulk (Mr Fixit)

2.- Professor Hulk

3.- Savage Hulk (Highly enraged)

4.- Mindless Hulk (Highly enraged)

5.- Bannerless Hulk

6.- Green Scar (No World Breaker Mode)

RealPizzaBoy
Judging by strength feats and overall fighting feats he stops at 1.

Stoic
From what I saw on panel he stops at 2. They fought in the Arctic, and Thor even had the hammer. It was a stalemate.
Yeah 2 is about right.

RealPizzaBoy
without the hammer thor is poor mans hercules.

riv6672
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
cool THOR NO Hammer vs HULKS (read OP)
Read it. smile

Rao Kal El
Here is the picture reference if needed

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/HULKS_zps1ac9b1c8.png

==============================================

Originally posted by riv6672
Read it. smile

laughing out loud smartass

Stoic
Originally posted by RealPizzaBoy
without the hammer thor is poor mans hercules.

Not at all. An enraged Thor would beat Hercules, and Herc is still pretty powerful.

leonidas
can he still summon lightning or is it JUST h2h? fixit would give him hell btw but yeah, just h2h he stops at 2. it would be a long fight but prof hulk would take him most of the time.

krisblaze
He loses at 3.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
can he still summon lightning or is it JUST h2h? fixit would give him hell btw but yeah, just h2h he stops at 2. it would be a long fight but prof hulk would take him most of the time.

Even with electricity he would stalemate at Merged Hulk which isn't really a bad thing. All of the incarnations of the Hulk are very resistant to the elements, so again lighting wouldn't so much aside from piss him off even more.

Rao Kal El

Hand to hand he is fighting Hulk on Hulk's terms.

Rao Kal El
I think He could make to 2 but he is going to have a hard time at 1

Thor is punching with his fists not his hammer so he is going to have a hard time.

But for sure He does not pass 3 IMO

zopzop
Here is the picture reference if needed

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/HULKS_zps1ac9b1c8.png

==============================================

laughing out loud smartass
Cool graphic big grin
thumb up

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by zopzop
Cool graphic big grin

Thanks smile

Enzeru
Is this some kind of a joke? Are people here really arguing that Thor can't beat PROFESSOR HULK?
Thor has beaten Savage Hulk more often than he has looked bad against Professor Hulk.

Without the hammer he stops at Savage Hulk after a tough fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by Enzeru
Is this some kind of a joke? Are people here really arguing that Thor can't beat PROFESSOR HULK?
Thor has beaten Savage Hulk more often than he has looked bad against Professor Hulk.

They actually fought in the arctic, and Thor had his hammer, and still did not win. Is this another one of those times that you ignore on panel evidence, and go with your gut feeling? The Merged Hulk also starts out a twice the strength level as savage Hulk iirc.

Rao Kal El

Where Has Thor defeated Savage Hulk with out the mallet?

Stoic
Where Has Thor defeated Savage Hulk with out the mallet?

?

Enzeru
Originally posted by Stoic
They actually fought in the arctic, and Thor had his hammer, and still did not win. Is this another one of those times that you ignore on panel evidence, and go with your gut feeling?

Did you choose to ignore valid statements once again in order to make your homeboy Hulk shine?

I stated that Thor has beaten Savage Hulk, a more powerful version of the Hulk more often than he has looked bad against Professor Hulk.

Rao Kal El
?

He might be thinking about Journey into mystery, but that is not Savage Hulk, that one is Gravage Hulk and incarnation between Grey Hulk and Savage Hulk

Stoic
Did you choose to ignore valid statements once again in order to make your homeboy Hulk shine?

I stated that Thor has beaten Savage Hulk, a more powerful version of the Hulk more often than he has looked bad against Professor Hulk.

What valid statements? Did you forget that Thor does not have the hammer here? Did you also realize that the Merged hulk starts out at twice the power level as Savage Hulk? I'm not going to do the favorite thing here, but go on what happened on panel unlike what you do so often. Like I said this is just a gut feeling that you have because your opinion isn't supported by anything that's happened on panel.

He might be thinking about Journey into mystery, but that is not Savage Hulk, that one is Gravage Hulk and incarnation between Grey Hulk and Savage Hulk

Probably, or it's just another one of his gut feelings.

carver9
Thor can beat Professor Hulk...they actually already fought and pretty much stalemated. Remember, Professor Hulk couldn't amp. The madder he gets, the closer he comes to reverting back go banner.

golem370
Wow Classic

riv6672
Originally posted by golem370
Wow Classic
Ha! Thor was Little John in Men in Tights and the dad on Good Luck Charlie!

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Thor can beat Professor Hulk...they actually already fought and pretty much stalemated. Remember, Professor Hulk couldn't amp. The madder he gets, the closer he comes to reverting back go banner.

Not understanding what you're saying here?

leonidas
Not at all. An enraged Thor would beat Hercules, and Herc is still pretty powerful.

wrong thread, but......only if herc wasn't likewise enraged. both have berzerker levels they can go to. enraged v enraged--i'd take herc for a majority. warrior mad v berzerker? no idea how that would go but it would be crazy to see....

and thor has ko'd hulk with lightning shots pretty easily on at least 2 occasions. if thor can use his lightning he would have a much better chance here. but he can't. he can still beat prof hulk, but i don't think he could do it for a majority. prof is still the stronger of the 2 imo and that version had some pretty great healing factor moments. can't see thor winning more than 4/10 vs prof, but each would be really long and really close.

krisblaze
Given how well Thor's done against Savage and Gravage Hulk, I just don't see how the hell he's going down against Professor Hulk.

It's well documented that Thor puts on his retard-pants when fighting the Hulk (like everyone does), but come on stick out tongue
He's saying that Professor Hulk is shit, which he was.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Given how well Thor's done against Savage and Gravage Hulk, I just don't see how the hell he's going down against Professor Hulk.

It's well documented that Thor puts on his retard-pants when fighting the Hulk (like everyone does), but come on stick out tongue

He's saying that Professor Hulk is shit, which he was.

He doesn't have the hammer though, and even with it he didn't win during their battle in the arctic. I think he stalemates against the Merged Hulk who was actually pretty powerful. So if he stalemated against the Merged Hulk with his hammer, how is he going to beat him without the hammer?

carver9

Fist fight between Thor and Professor Hulk. Professor Hulk then claims that he can't amp off rage because it will revert him back to Banner. There's evidence that Grey Hulk is more powerful.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/3.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/4.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/5.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/6.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/7.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/8.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/10.jpg

carver9
wrong thread, but......only if herc wasn't likewise enraged. both have berzerker levels they can go to. enraged v enraged--i'd take herc for a majority. warrior mad v berzerker? no idea how that would go but it would be crazy to see....

and thor has ko'd hulk with lightning shots pretty easily on at least 2 occasions. if thor can use his lightning he would have a much better chance here. but he can't. he can still beat prof hulk, but i don't think he could do it for a majority. prof is still the stronger of the 2 imo and that version had some pretty great healing factor moments. can't see thor winning more than 4/10 vs prof, but each would be really long and really close.

I only remember him dropping Hulk once and there are some instances where Hulk endured it. Even against a pissed Thor.

Enzeru
Like I said this is just a gut feeling that you have because your opinion isn't supported by anything that's happened on panel.

That's so funny, because it's coming from you, a guy who sees the Sentry smiling and thinks that's the perfect reason for the Sentry being stable minded, even though I've provided tons of context that have proven you otherwise.
So judging by that you go by what you want to be the case, while I go by what I know is the case.

And I know that Thor and Savage Hulk have been established as physical equals in the past, while Thor has lost most of the fights, because he is a stupid idiot. However that doesn't change the fact that Thor physically outmatches Professor Hulk.

I've read about most of the fights between Thor and Hulk, if not all of them. In my educated opinion Thor isn't losing to any version of the Hulk that is below Savage Hulk, judging by all the fights Thor has been in against not only Savage Hulk, but also more powerful versions of the Hulk like Mindless Hulk and Nul Hulk.

But to adress your point directly:

It doesn't matter if Thor and Savage Hulk stalemated. It feels like 90% of the comic book fights end in stalemates.
Sentry and Namor ended up in a stalemate, but does that mean that Namor is on Sentry's level now? Hell no.
Many battles are an annoyance to the writers, because they don't do much for the plot and on top of that having a character lose, upsets delusional fans like yourself, who then get all butthurt, because their favorite green goblin on steroids lost.

Savage Hulk > Thor > Professor Hulk ... with or without Mjolnir.

Stoic

He hit the Merged Hulk a couple of times with the lighting, and it didn't put him down. If you're talking about the Savage Hulk I agree the lightning has put him down. What a lot of people aren't understanding is that the Savage Hulk is actually weaker than Merged Hulk with the ability to surpass the Merged Hulk given time. I would have actually placed the Savage hulk below Merged Hulk, because if they fought, and neither were willing to hold back, the Merged Hulk may KO Savage Hulk in the first couple of minutes in before he gained enough power to beat him, or turn the tables on him.

krisblaze
He doesn't have the hammer though, and even with it he didn't win during their battle in the arctic. I think he stalemates against the Merged Hulk who was actually pretty powerful. So if he stalemated against the Merged Hulk with his hammer, how is he going to beat him without the hammer?
I was talking about his hammerless fights.

The hammer's no good unless he's actually using it anyways.

Which is why half a retard would be enough to drain Hulk of gamma energy or just lightning him into oblivion.

Stoic
That's so funny, because it's coming from you, a guy who sees the Sentry smiling and thinks that's the perfect reason for the Sentry being stable minded, even though I've provided tons of context that have proven you otherwise.
So judging by that you go by what you want to be the case, while I go by what I know is the case.

And I know that Thor and Savage Hulk have been established as physical equals in the past, while Thor has lost most of the fights, because he is a stupid idiot. However that doesn't change the fact that Thor physically outmatches Professor Hulk.

I've read about most of the fights between Thor and Hulk, if not all of them. In my educated opinion Thor isn't losing to any version of the Hulk that is below Savage Hulk, judging by all the fights Thor has been in against not only Savage Hulk, but also more powerful versions of the Hulk like Mindless Hulk and Nul Hulk.

But to adress your point directly:

It doesn't matter if Thor and Savage Hulk stalemated. It feels like 90% of the comic book fights end in stalemates.
Sentry and Namor ended up in a stalemate, but does that mean that Namor is on Sentry's level now? Hell no.
Many battles are an annoyance to the writers, because they don't do much for the plot and on top of that having a character lose, upsets delusional fans like yourself, who then get all butthurt, because their favorite green goblin on steroids lost.

Savage Hulk > Thor > Professor Hulk ... with or without Mjolnir.

In your educated guess? Again this is just another phrase for gut feeling. I never said anything about the Savage Hulk stalemating against Thor, I said that the Merged Hulk stalemated against Thor, and Thor had the hammer. Another thing that you failed to take into consideration was that Thor does not have his hammer here, and that the merged hulk starts out 2x greater than the Savage Hulk. Sentry has no place in this thread nor was he brought up except by you.

Stoic
I was talking about his hammerless fights.

The hammer's no good unless he's actually using it anyways.

Which is why half a retard would be enough to drain Hulk of gamma energy or just lightning him into oblivion.

He used other tactics aside from H2H with the Merged Hulk though. Draining takes time, and the Hulk is fast. This is something that is rarely ever spoken of, and people just automatically believe that Thor would have the precious time to accomplish a full energy drain against a guy capable of overtaking F-16 Aircraft. It's pretty difficult to pull off exotics when you have someone throwing punches at you. I'm not saying that this would be a 100% sure case, but many of the times that they have fought, Thor didn't have a whole lot of time to do some of the things that people say that he should have.

carver9
Thor has used his lightning against Hulk and Hulk still fought on. Don't know where people keep getting this "he doesn't use his powers" from.

leonidas
He hit the Merged Hulk a couple of times with the lighting, and it didn't put him down. If you're talking about the Savage Hulk I agree the lightning has put him down. What a lot of people aren't understanding is that the Savage Hulk is actually weaker than Merged Hulk with the ability to surpass the Merged Hulk given time. I would have actually placed the Savage hulk below Merged Hulk, because if they fought, and neither were willing to hold back, the Merged Hulk may KO Savage Hulk in the first couple of minutes in before he gained enough power to beat him, or turn the tables on him.

yeah, david's hulk had some really good feats. he is the one who chumped juggs, after all. even drax with the pg couldn't take him out and like i said, his healing factor was off the charts. that hulk never really got the respect he deserved. i loved that run.

krisblaze
Using 1 lightningbolt is not using all of his powers.

When the alleged "warrior madness" Thor was fighting Maestro he hit him with a lightning bolt once. It brought Hulk to his knees and then Thor flew over to him. Brilliant. Not only did Hulk's idiot-writers get the WM thing wrong, but they more or less claimed that Thor's lightning was purely electrical, when it's also magical no expression AND downplayed the power.

Gravage or Savage was knocked out by 1 lightningbolt to the head.

And these have been ordinary attacks, not the real hell he can summon.

He used other tactics aside from H2H with the Merged Hulk though. Draining takes time, and the Hulk is fast. This is something that is rarely ever spoken of, and people just automatically believe that Thor would have the precious time to accomplish a full energy drain against a guy capable of overtaking F-16 Aircraft. It's pretty difficult to pull off exotics when you have someone throwing punches at you. I'm not saying that this would be a 100% sure case, but many of the times that they have fought, Thor didn't have a whole lot of time to do some of the things that people say that he should have.

During Kang's conquest of Earth his drain practically killed a guy that had been stomping the Avengers. It took him out in like 2 seconds and the effects of the drain was instanteneous no expression

carver9

When the alleged "warrior madness" Thor was fighting Maestro he hit him with a lightning bolt once. It brought Hulk to his knees and then Thor flew over to him. Brilliant. Not only did Hulk's idiot-writers get the WM thing wrong, but they more or less claimed that Thor's lightning was purely electrical, when it's also magical no expression AND downplayed the power.

During Kang's conquest of Earth his drain practically killed a guy that had been stomping the Avengers. It took him out in like 2 seconds and the effects of the drain was instanteneous no expression

Hulk recovered in seconds after being hit by that blast. Glad you brought up that fight. Thor went Warrior Madness in that same fight and Hulk overpowered him with one hand.

krisblaze
Hulk recovered in seconds after being hit by that blast. Glad you brought up that fight. Thor went Warrior Madness in that same fight and Hulk overpowered him with one hand.
Thor couldn't go Warrior Madness.

And the 'Warrior Madness' apparently passed 10 seconds after the fight.

Amazing insight, I expect nothing less.

leonidas
ss has insta-drained hulk too in the past. if thor unleashed the type of lightning strike he did to open the 10th realm, then yeah, hulk is f'd but of course that isn't thor's style. no one is saying (except maybe carver) that thor w/hammer doesn't win, but without is simply in hulk's wheelhouse. any hulk's really....

psycho gundam
Are we all still pretending that's not Ilagrok?

Stoic

The character that this happened to may not have had the amount of power that the Hulk taps from. Plus it may have been written by another writer. Like I said, i am not trying to say that Thor wouldn't be able to pull off exotics sometimes against the Hulk, but he shouldn't be able to pull them off all of the time. There are factors to consider on both sides. One being a moving target, and having the power to literally stay in Thor's face for the entire fight. The Hulk can tunnel underground very fast as seen during the Onslaught arc, and has an uncanny ability of coming out precisely where he wants to as if he can see through the feet of earth covering him. It's not as simple as point click, and it's done. That was also not Maestro if was Merged Hulk pretending to be Maestro. Plus it was a strong attack, so dropping to his knees would have happened to a whole lot of character, if not right out flash frying them to ash.

My point here is that Thor had the hammer in that book, and he doesn't have it here. If the Merged Hulk could do so well to the point of stalemate against Thor with the hammer, how well would he do against Thor if Thor did not have a hammer, and it was purely a slugfest? This is all that I'm saying.

krisblaze
Energy drain doesn't have to be aimed. And Thor doesn't do it because it would kill Banner.

Given hammerless Thor's track-record against Savage and Gravage, and his hammerless track-record against anyone, he would beat Professor Hulk.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Are we all still pretending that's not Ilagrok?

Who's pretending uhuh

I'm back ahah

carver9
Thor couldn't go Warrior Madness.

And the 'Warrior Madness' apparently passed 10 seconds after the fight.

Amazing insight, I expect nothing less.

He can't?

This scene CLEARLY states he went Warrior Madness?

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/10.jpg

Is denial your best friend?

carver9
ss has insta-drained hulk too in the past. if thor unleashed the type of lightning strike he did to open the 10th realm, then yeah, hulk is f'd but of course that isn't thor's style. no one is saying (except maybe carver) that thor w/hammer doesn't win, but without is simply in hulk's wheelhouse. any hulk's really....

Never said Thor couldn't pull some wins against Savage Hulk with his hammer. Never said draining wouldn't work.

leonidas
which is why i said maybe...... thumb up

psycho gundam
Who's pretending uhuh

I'm back ahah Originally posted by krisblaze
No BFR, but that doesn't mean they can't use teleportation IN the battlefield.

Since Doomsday's attacks are very limited can't they just have one guy running interference with porting and shit while the other two nuke him down?

Given time I'm sure that either of these 3 could take down people above Doomsday's paygrade. I read that and was like "he's pretending to be new so hard"

krisblaze
Are you stalking me? :3

He can't?

This scene CLEARLY states he went Warrior Madness?

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/10.jpg

Is denial your best friend?

No, but poor research is the friend of all Hulk fans and writers alike.

Thor tried to invoke the WM for days before Onslaught, but it wasn't possible. It hasn't been an option since the first time, when he fought Him.

And Warrior Madness doesn't pass. It's a madness.

Thor destroyed a planet in rage the first time and last time he entered it. He doesn't snap out of it because the Hulk punches him out of the arena.

And for ****s sake, that fight even had Thor gritting his teeth because of the cold.

carver9
Are you stalking me? :3

No, but poor research is the friend of all Hulk fans and writers alike.

Thor tried to invoke the WM for days before Onslaught, but it wasn't possible. It hasn't been an option since the first time, when he fought Him.

And Warrior Madness doesn't pass. It's a madness.

Thor destroyed a planet in rage the first time and last time he entered it. He doesn't snap out of it because the Hulk punches him out of the arena.

And for ****s sake, that fight even had Thor gritting his teeth because of the cold.

So the comic lied when it said Thor was in a Warrior Madness state? Makes sense.

There isn't a single thing you can say or do that would override what was said in the comic. Nothing. Wait, it said Hulk was pissed as well, I guess it lied about that also. A calm Hulk challenged and overpowered Thor.

krisblaze
So the comic lied when it said Thor was in a Warrior Madness state? Makes sense.

There isn't a single thing you can say or do that would override what was said in the comic. Nothing. Wait, it said Hulk was pissed as well, I guess it lied about that also. A calm Hulk challenged and overpowered Thor.

I don't need to say anything.

It's been said in other comics, by Thor writers.

Those contradict the one Hulk comic.

RealPizzaBoy

An enraged Hercules would beat thor. whats your point?

Stoic

Okay so we agree to disagree on Thor stopping at the Merged Hulk without Mjolnir. Where does he stop in your opinion?

iceman24567
Energy drain doesn't have to be aimed. And Thor doesn't do it because it would kill Banner.

Given hammerless Thor's track-record against Savage and Gravage, and his hammerless track-record against anyone, he would beat Professor Hulk.

Who's pretending uhuh

I'm back ahah Nice to have you back thumb up

krisblaze
Okay so we agree to disagree on Thor stopping at the Merged Hulk without Mjolnir. Where does he stop in your opinion?

I think he stops at 3.

Zack Fair

1.- Grey Hulk (Mr Fixit)

2.- Professor Hulk

5.- Bannerless Hulk

6.- Green Scar (No World Breaker Mode)

Sops at 2. Might be able to pass it, but not for a majority.

carver9

But in that comic he was warrior madness.

krisblaze
But in that comic he was warrior madness.

Okay.

Some other warrior madness then, that ends quickly and is invoked purely by fighting.

celeyhyga17
Okay.

Some other warrior madness then, that ends quickly and is invoked purely by fighting.
Many forget that Thor was a lesser version of his former self during that period in his history. That itself makes that fight even more inconclusive.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Many forget that Thor was a lesser version of his former self during that period in his history. That itself makes that fight even more inconclusive. Lesser how?

Khazra Reborn
How is it even being debated that Thor was in WM during that Marstro masquerade scene? If you'd read a single issue before or after, you'd know this wasn't the case.

As for this fight, it depends on Thor's mindset, if he's willing to fully, effectively utilize his power set, Mjolnir won't make much difference.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
How is it even being debated that Thor was in WM during that Marstro masquerade scene? If you'd read a single issue before or after, you'd know this wasn't the case.

As for this fight, it depends on Thor's mindset, if he's willing to fully, effectively utilize his power set, Mjolnir won't make much difference.

So how far do you think he gets?

Damborgson
He maybe beats 2. The stips heavily favorite Hulk, a hand to hand is everything he could want against Thor.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Lesser how?

He was mortal and/or weakend iirc.

leonidas
yeah, that was the dumb shirtless thor, right? he WAS weakened by i can't recall why either. rage would know....

h1a8

Who's pretending uhuh

I'm back ahah

Thor doesn't do it because writer's don't think about it.
Remember these characters don't exist. Come back to reality ok lol.

eaebiakuya
Thor has used his lightning against Hulk and Hulk still fought on. Don't know where people keep getting this "he doesn't use his powers" from.

laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why are people saying he stops at 2? We've already seen Thor and Professor Hulk fight. Fighting Thor pushed him to the brink, he almost revered to Banner.

He has a higher base strength then Savage (Elite class 100 when calm) so he can hang but to actually take on Thor evenly or beat him would make him too angry.

And the Hulk he fought in the arctic wasn't Professor Hulk (Technically he was Professor Hulk*) but an enraged/mindless Merged Hulk in the sense that he didn't have a strength/anger cap. They fought for hours, Hulk was super pissed and Samson even said he'd never seen Hulk that angry. I don't remember why he didn't revert to Banner anymore, had to do with him becoming Maestro or whatever (Which was I believe and act to an extent), IIRC it was the shrapnel in the brain.

Anyways, Thor stops at 3 unless he uses his weather powers. Beating Savage Hulk at super pissed levels would require a really good day for Thor or real hand to hand skills.

*Professor Hulk and Merged Hulk are the same incarnation, but people refer to Professor Hulk as weaker because he had the Banner limitation and could not amp infinitely like the Merged or Savage incarnation.

deathlife
I thought Professor Hulk and merged are the same?

Anyways, Thor gets to 3. He can get past it if he uses his other powers (he's KO'd Hulk with lightning pretty easily before).

But in pure hand and hand, Thor isn't beating the Savage Hulk (who is probably the most durable version of a Hulk outside of Worldbreaker and Green Scar).

abhilegend
Merged Hulk beats Thor in h2h. He looked comfortably above Red Norvell (who was equal to Thor in every way and had actually beaten Thor in Thor 276) in strength and durability while calm and tore Glob apart when Savage Hulk couldn't do it. Combine that with his ridiculous HF and I don't think Thor can beat him h2h even with mjolnir.

And merged hulk IS Professor Hulk because Paul Jenkins retconned it. For most of the time like from Hulk 377 to Hulk 426, he was able to amp pretty much as savage hulk so I don't know why we are limiting it for a weakness that existed for only 12 issues aka Hulk 426 to Hulk 438?

abhilegend
Many forget that Thor was a lesser version of his former self during that period in his history. That itself makes that fight even more inconclusive. Originally posted by Zack Fair
Lesser how?
Thor was restored by Leader in strength for that fight.

Newjak
This is Hulk's territory where his dynamic strength and healing factor play a huge part.

Still Thor is no slouch in the strength department. How far he gets I think depends entirely on which Thor shows up.

Will be brawler Thor like we always see against Hulk where he tries to fight Hulk in pure strength and trading blows in a good but ultimately futile fight.

Or will the seasoned warrior Thor show up that is willing to actually use his fighting skill to take it to Hulk like few in that weight class could.

Bentley
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think Thor can beat him h2h even with mjolnir.

Hammer to hand?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Newjak
This is Hulk's territory where his dynamic strength and healing factor play a huge part.

Still Thor is no slouch in the strength department. How far he gets I think depends entirely on which Thor shows up.

Will be brawler Thor like we always see against Hulk where he tries to fight Hulk in pure strength and trading blows in a good but ultimately futile fight.

Or will the seasoned warrior Thor show up that is willing to actually use his fighting skill to take it to Hulk like few in that weight class could. thumb up

Depends on his mindset really.. But on average he can reach or pass 3. It'd be really tough to beat the other iterations of Hulk beyond 3 without calling down lightning or amped lightning punches.

Stoic
thumb up

Depends on his mindset really.. But on average he can reach or pass 3. It'd be really tough to beat the other iterations of Hulk beyond 3 without calling down lightning or amped lightning punches.

Now you're reaching. There is no hammer involved in this fight. I'm wondering how people are forgetting all of the fights that these two have had when Thor had the hammer, and was unable to defeat the Hulk. As it is they are about even with Thor having the hammer. So unless the hammer does squat for Thor, he would have a very hard time beating 2.

The Sorrow
Stops at 2 in pure melee. Might reach 4 if he uses lightning too.

krisblaze
Now you're reaching. There is no hammer involved in this fight. I'm wondering how people are forgetting all of the fights that these two have had when Thor had the hammer, and was unable to defeat the Hulk. As it is they are about even with Thor having the hammer. So unless the hammer does squat for Thor, he would have a very hard time beating 2.

He's used lightning without Mjolnir.

They're not 'about even' with Mjolnir.

Stoic
He's used lightning without Mjolnir.

They're not 'about even' with Mjolnir.

You seem to only want to cite the times that Thor has won, but discount the times that he has not won. He never defeated Merged Hulk, not once from what i can remember. He has beaten Savage Hulk though, and vice versa. This was with the hammer. Without it, the Hulk would have a sizable advantage, unless like I said before, the hammer is good for nothing. We both know that it isn't, and that it helps Thor a lot. The problem that you may not be seeing is that the Hulk isn't going to be just standing there waiting for Thor to call down lightning on his head. This is a fight, and even when he did call it down with the hammer, it didn't stop the Merged Hulk. Thor went into the fight weakened, but when did this weakness end? Was it stated when it ended? I recall it being written that he was in a weakened state, but it appeared as if it had worn off the moment that Thor became enraged.

krisblaze
You seem to only want to cite the times that Thor has won, but discount the times that he has not won. He never defeated Merged Hulk, not once from what i can remember. He has beaten Savage Hulk though, and vice versa. This was with the hammer. Without it, the Hulk would have a sizable advantage, unless like I said before, the hammer is good for nothing. We both know that it isn't, and that it helps Thor a lot. The problem that you may not be seeing is that the Hulk isn't going to be just standing there waiting for Thor to call down lightning on his head. This is a fight, and even when he did call it down with the hammer, it didn't stop the Merged Hulk. Thor went into the fight weakened, but when did this weakness end? Was it stated when it ended? I recall it being written that he was in a weakened state, but it appeared as if it had worn off the moment that Thor became enraged.

I only cite the times that Thor has won? How many has won? Like half a time?

They haven't had many conclusive fights.

In their first fight Thor didn't use Mjolnir, and even had to protect. That was a stalemate.

The second only lasted 2 blows from each.

The third was a stalemate where Thor and Hulk held eachother in check for an hour.

The fourth ended with Thor turning into Blake because he was saving humans.

The fifth ended with them being interrupted.

The sixth was Thor winning with his hammer and losing without it.

The seventh was Thor without hammer and hulk in a stalemate.

The eight was 'warrior madness' Thor and Maestro hulk in a stalemate.

The ninth (arguably their third fight) had Thor knock Hulk out, and Hulk beat Thor when he caught him unawares.

In 9 of their fights, Thor used lightning 4 times. 2 in the last one, where he knocked out the Hulk. Once vs Maestro, and background lightning in their fifth.

This is clearly not the full extent of Thor's powers. Regardless of which is stronger, you can not claim that the Hulk has performed evenly against Mjolnir (why would he constantly try to get rid of it/gain control over it?). Nor can I say with any certainty that Thor has been defeating the Hulk.

What I can say, however, is that half a lightning bolt and 1/9th of a whirlwind is not the full extent of a man who can absorb and controls energy, control the weather and teleport.

abhilegend
And then Hulk "caved" Thor's head in with his own hammer in LTBB. Or savage Hulk fought Thor+2 teams evenly in Avengers/Agents of Atlas.

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
And then Hulk "caved" Thor's head in with his own hammer in LTBB. Or savage Hulk fought Thor+2 teams evenly in Avengers/Agents of Atlas.
LTBB was written by a guy who did -one- comic, admitted he just wrote it because he felt that Hulk should get a win AND was a dream.

There's also fatally injured Thor killing amped Thing and knocking out amped Hulk smile

RealPizzaBoy
Thor doesnt get pass number 2 forget about it.

Stoic
The 6th, and 7th seem to be pertinent to this thread in terms of Merged hulk. He wasn't the Maestro either but only pretending to play the part from what I recall, so not sure where you're getting this Maestro from?

Thor also had the hammer in that battle, he does not have it here, nor is the Hulk a sitting target, or slow in any stretch of the imagination. So how is he going to be tagging the Merged Hulk with all of these exotic powers when the Hulk would clearly have enough power to stay right in his face? it's different when his opponent isn't going to stand there there and take a beating, which is what I have been saying all along. Thor wouldn't be fighting an idiot he's actually fighting someone technically smarter than himself in concerns to Merged Hulk. I don't see Merged Hulk winning but i don't see him losing either. I'm honestly wondering when someone will actually say Thor beats Mindless Hulk, or gives the Green Scar a good fight without his hammer?

krisblaze
The 6th, and 7th seem to be pertinent to this thread in terms of Merged hulk. He wasn't the Maestro either but only pretending to play the part from what I recall, so not sure where you're getting this Maestro from?

Thor also had the hammer in that battle, he does not have it here, nor is the Hulk a sitting target, or slow in any stretch of the imagination. So how is he going to be tagging the Merged Hulk with all of these exotic powers when the Hulk would clearly have enough power to stay right in his face? it's different when his opponent isn't going to stand there there and take a beating, which is what I have been saying all along. Thor wouldn't be fighting an idiot he's actually fighting someone technically smarter than himself in concerns to Merged Hulk. I don't see Merged Hulk winning but i don't see him losing either. I'm honestly wondering when someone will actually say Thor beats Mindless Hulk, or gives the Green Scar a good fight without his hammer?

Reread the comic with their fight then if you're hung up on feigning poor memory.

The pertinent attacks do not need to be aimed, and he's hit every lightning bolt, even when the Hulk has been moving.

Thor is still smarter than Banner when it comes to fighting.

Blake created a Thor-clone that was better than Ragnarok in a day. Better than Stark and Reed's month-long work in Civil War smile

I've already said my piece on the thread, I'm refuting your shit claims that Hulk and Thor are equals when Thor's wielding Mjolnir.

Delta1938
Fist fight between Thor and Professor Hulk. Professor Hulk then claims that he can't amp off rage because it will revert him back to Banner. There's evidence that Grey Hulk is more powerful.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/3.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/4.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/5.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/6.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/7.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/8.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/10.jpg

There's nothing there that says Hulk couldn't amp with anger. Simply if he gets too mad he reverts to Banner. Now that comes with other problems, but I see nothing in those scans that say that Hulk doesn't get stronger when he gets madder. Do you have something that actually says that?

I believe he's saying the writer didn't do his research and got Warrior's Madness wrong.

Originally posted by Bentley
Hammer to hand?

Actually, "hand-to-hand" often includes melee weapons like knives, batons/clubs, even using the butt of a riffle or the grip of a pistol to hit people, instead of shooting them. At least by some Military definitions.

Stoic
Reread the comic with their fight then if you're hung up on feigning poor memory.

The pertinent attacks do not need to be aimed, and he's hit every lightning bolt, even when the Hulk has been moving.

Thor is still smarter than Banner when it comes to fighting.

Blake created a Thor-clone that was better than Ragnarok in a day. Better than Stark and Reed's month-long work in Civil War smile

I've already said my piece on the thread, I'm refuting your shit claims that Hulk and Thor are equals when Thor's wielding Mjolnir.

My shit claims as you put it so ignorantly called them are backed by panel showings, and not opinion. You're reasoning is that Thor was fighting like an idiot. How many times do they have to fight, and stalemate for people to understand that the Hulk is simply fast enough to either stop these exotic attacks, or that he simply didn't give Thor enough time to use these exotic attacks? Fine you're done with this thread be done with it. The fight that happened in the Arctic happened a long time ago, so it's quite easy to miss a step or two. From what I recall it wasn't the actual Maestro, but Merged Hulk pretending to be the Maestro. If we are talking about the same Hulk.

Bentley
Originally posted by Delta1938
Actually, "hand-to-hand" often includes melee weapons like knives, batons/clubs, even using the butt of a riffle or the grip of a pistol to hit people, instead of shooting them. At least by some Military definitions.

Of course americans would think a gun is a part of their hand.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Bentley
Of course americans would think a gun is a part of their hand.

Oh, you're from france. My bad about trying to explain fighting to you.

krisblaze
My shit claims as you put it so ignorantly called them are backed by panel showings, and not opinion. You're reasoning is that Thor was fighting like an idiot. How many times do they have to fight, and stalemate for people to understand that the Hulk is simply fast enough to either stop these exotic attacks, or that he simply didn't give Thor enough time to use these exotic attacks? Fine you're done with this thread be done with it. The fight that happened in the Arctic happened a long time ago, so it's quite easy to miss a step or two. From what I recall it wasn't the actual Maestro, but Merged Hulk pretending to be the Maestro. If we are talking about the same Hulk.

Too fast looking at these fights?

Thor hit him with his slower attacks, had opportunities where he checked to see if the Hulk was injured, saved other people, but you don't believe that he can land the attacks that do not need to be aimed?

And you think that what's been happening in these fights is that the Hulk is too fast for Thor to use these exotic attacks?

Thor generally doesn't use energy attacks on Earth as he's there to help people not destroy cities. Try reading some Thor comics and you'll see. Try reading Tarene's issues for Thor's explanation as to why he does not let loose enegy attacks in the middle of the ****ing city.

I'm referring to specifics and you're just avoiding my points.

abhilegend
LTBB was written by a guy who did -one- comic, admitted he just wrote it because he felt that Hulk should get a win AND was a dream.

There's also fatally injured Thor killing amped Thing and knocking out amped Hulk smile
You could make all the excuses, it wouldn't mean anything. Oh and it was definitely not a dream. It was shown in newspaper.

The returning enchatntment of mjolnir and Thor saying "I can't beat you, I never could." didn't reach to you?

Newjak
thumb up

Depends on his mindset really.. But on average he can reach or pass 3. It'd be really tough to beat the other iterations of Hulk beyond 3 without calling down lightning or amped lightning punches. Maybe this type of battle still lends itself well to Hulk's powerset.

Greater Strength, Damage Soak, and a massive healing factor advantage.

In any fight against Hulk Thor will most likely lose in a straight up brawl over time based on those factors.

That being said I think a Thor going all out against Hulk while not holding back and actually using his much higher skill level can give any of these Hulks a run for their money until the advantages just over take Thor.

celeyhyga17
Ermm.. Reaching? Savage Hulk has been put down by far less. Thor w/Mjolnir has also almost killed Hulk in a fight semi off-panel which lends to the fact that he usually holds back for fear of killing. We take averages here.

Stoic
Ermm.. Reaching? Savage Hulk has been put down by far less. Thor w/Mjolnir has also almost killed Hulk in a fight semi off-panel which lends to the fact that he usually holds back for fear of killing. We take averages here.

And averages dictate what exactly? When has Thor made it seem as if any battle with the Hulk was a walk in the park, and the same thing can be said of the Hulk. The reason why he hasn't gone completely nut shit in many of his fights is because he isn't a murderer either. They wear the same shoe when it comes to killing. Look at how a crazed Hulk tore Onslaught's physical sell apart. So yes I agree lets talk about averages.

Too fast looking at these fights?

Thor hit him with his slower attacks, had opportunities where he checked to see if the Hulk was injured, saved other people, but you don't believe that he can land the attacks that do not need to be aimed?

And you think that what's been happening in these fights is that the Hulk is too fast for Thor to use these exotic attacks?

Thor generally doesn't use energy attacks on Earth as he's there to help people not destroy cities. Try reading some Thor comics and you'll see. Try reading Tarene's issues for Thor's explanation as to why he does not let loose enegy attacks in the middle of the ****ing city.

I'm referring to specifics and you're just avoiding my points.

Thor isn't a speedster, and he certainly isn't outrunning the Hulk who has time and again been said to have the mightiest legs on Earth. What does leg strength have to do with land speed? Ask yourself this question. I was not ignoring your points, only the ones that claim that Thor always holds back, while not taking into account that the Hulk holds back as well. What part about rage increasing his strength failed to capture your mind? If the Hulk becomes stronger with rage, it only goes to show that he holds back against Thor if they sit there having a test of strength for hours on end. Who won the test of strength when they were in the Arctic? Who was being flung around, and stated that the next time they fell would be the last? I'd really love to see scans of that entire battle. Tell me something, was it the same Maestro that fought the Merged Hulk during Future Imperfect that fought against Thor in the Arctic? Or was that the Merged Hulk pretending to be Maestro? I'm asking because from what I remember of the story it was the Merged Hulk pretending to be Maestro.

Delta1938
Thor isn't a speedster, and he certainly isn't outrunning the Hulk who has time and again been said to have the mightiest legs on Earth. What does leg strength have to do with land speed?

I've seen Professor Hulk fail to overtake General Ross while chasing him on foot.

celeyhyga17
And averages dictate what exactly? When has Thor made it seem as if any battle with the Hulk was a walk in the park, and the same thing can be said of the Hulk. The reason why he hasn't gone completely nut shit in many of his fights is because he isn't a murderer either. They wear the same shoe when it comes to killing. Look at how a crazed Hulk tore Onslaught's physical sell apart. So yes I agree lets talk about averages.

For one how do you have Thor not beating 2 when Proff Hulk would revert to Banner if he gets too angry? Doesn't make sense to me.

You make it seem like Savage Hulk is unbeatable when far less than a solid top tier has taken him down. It's not inconceivable that Thor can pass 3 with the proper mindset.

Stoic
I've seen Professor Hulk fail to overtake General Ross while chasing him on foot.

I've seen some pretty dumb things in comics as well, like Superman being KO'd by a gas station explosion, or the Silver Surfer being hurt by a Carpenter's hammer, how about the time that Thanos was arrested? These things happen.

Delta1938
I've seen some pretty dumb things in comics as well, like Superman being KO'd by a gas station explosion, or the Silver Surfer being hurt by a Carpenter's hammer, how about the time that Thanos was arrested? These things happen.

Superman one is out of context. But anyways, any actual examples of Hulk running at great speeds before the current trend? That was the lowest example the guy posted, but not the only one of Hulk not being that fast.

Stoic
For one how do you have Thor not beating 2 when Proff Hulk would revert to Banner if he gets too angry? Doesn't make sense to me.

You make it seem like Savage Hulk is unbeatable when far less than a solid top tier has taken him down. It's not inconceivable that Thor can pass 3 with the proper mindset.

I don't believe that Savage Hulk is in the right place, and should actually be in the 2 slot. I also believe that the merged Hulk slightly edges Thor out in the strength department so he shouldn't have to increase in strength to stalemate him like he did in the Arctic. You saying that Thor can pass 3 with the proper mindset is almost like saying that Thor has always allowed the Hulk to stay conscious during all of the fights that they have had, while what happened on panel disagrees with that.

Stoic
Superman one is out of context. But anyways, any actual examples of Hulk running at great speeds before the current trend? That was the lowest example the guy posted, but not the only one of Hulk not being that fast.

What don't you understand about having the mightiest leg muscles on the face of the Earth? He could have always been portrayed to run fast because of this citation. I'm not going to apologize for the things that writers omit, or do not showcase. Superman was hurt by a thug with a baseball bat in the Pre Crisis days. nonsense happens all of the time in comics.

Delta1938
What don't you understand about having the mightiest leg muscles on the face of the Earth? He could have always been portrayed to run fast because of this citation. I'm not going to apologize for the things that writers omit, or do not showcase. Superman was hurt by a thug with a baseball bat in the Pre Crisis days. nonsense happens all of the time in comics.

I'll take that as a "No, I don't have any examples before the current trend."

Stoic
I'll take that as a "No, I don't have any examples before the current trend."

To propel oneself forward means what to you? Jumping and running are the same thing, and the hulk has overtaken fighter aircraft. I'm going to take it as if you didn't see them as one and the same.

Delta1938
To propel oneself forward means what to you? Jumping and running are the same thing, and the hulk has overtaken fighter aircraft. I'm going to take it as if you didn't see them as one and the same.

I know he can jump and send himself at fast speeds. But I've seen numerous examples of him not having great running speed before the current trend. The funny thing is General Ross and the other examples were posted by a Hulk fan in response to someone arguing Hulk MUST have super speed because he's fought Gladiator and others, and used the same logic you used that having super speed means Gladiator(and others) must have been fighting at super speed.

So, since you're giving reasons why Hulk SHOULD be able to run really fast instead of answering if you have any examples before the current trend, I'm going to take it as a "no."

Stoic
I know he can jump and send himself at fast speeds. But I've seen numerous examples of him not having great running speed before the current trend. The funny thing is General Ross and the other examples were posted by a Hulk fan in response to someone arguing Hulk MUST have super speed because he's fought Gladiator and others, and used the same logic you used that having super speed means Gladiator(and others) must have been fighting at super speed.

So, since you're giving reasons why Hulk SHOULD be able to run really fast instead of answering if you have any examples before the current trend, I'm going to take it as a "no."

Didn't I just give you an example of him running fast? What do you think jumping technically is? It isn't flying, it's running except that each gate is so powerful that he actually takes far less to get from one point to the other. Some writers have no clue when it comes to these things, and thus it can only be expected that things will change as people with brains take up the pen, and write about guys with super strength. Even Spider Man should be able to run as fast or faster than a Porche at full speed. But like I said, I gave you an example of the Hulk running very fast, if you don't see it don't blame me, I can't make you see things that you are unwilling to see.

I also don't care much for another persons opinion of things, because in the end they are either correct, or they aren't. The hulk was able to hit Quick Silver while he was using his super speed on him. This of course has nothing to do with the topic, and I'm wondering why you brought it up? Is Thor a typical speedster?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk's running speed was really shit at times. Which made no sense as under the same writers, his jumping and explosive speed (Including reflexes) were all crazy fast.

How can you jump into orbit or faster than a rocket but not catch normal people in a foot race? no expression

But there were also times when he did display fast foot speed. I've seen him outrun a car and even missiles IIRC.

Like everything else about the Hulk, it could easily be explained away by his dynamic abilities.

Delta1938
Didn't I just give you an example of him running fast? What do you think jumping technically is? It isn't flying, it's running except that each gate is so powerful that he actually takes far less to get from one point to the other. Some writers have no clue when it comes to these things, and thus it can only be expected that things will change as people with brains take up the pen, and write about guys with super strength. Even Spider Man should be able to run as fast or faster than a Porche at full speed. But like I said, I gave you an example of the Hulk running very fast, if you don't see it don't blame me, I can't make you see things that you are unwilling to see.

I also don't care much for another persons opinion of things are, because in the end they are either correct, or they aren't. The hulk was able to hit Quick Silver while he was using his super speed on him. Thjs of course has nothing to do with the topic, and I'm wondering why you brought it up? Is Thor a typical speedster?

Was it an example of Hulk running, or jumping? Based on your follow-up, I'll guess jump, but you can clarify.

It doesn't matter what you argue about jumping if there aren't prior examples of him running really fast and in fact examples of him running about as fast as non-enhanced humans.

Yep, I've seen the fight with Quicksilver(if you mean the one I think you do). Not the best argument since it was more of eventually got a hit in instead of keeping-up speed-wise. Thor isn't a "typical speedster" if you mean actual speedsters like Quicksilver or Flash(as "speedster" normally refers to characters where speed is the primary or only power), but I have seen him operate at some degree of superhuman speed. He has used speed to his advantage against Hulk before(although didn't look to be going more than enhanced human speeds that I recall).

But my point was you were arguing Hulk's running speed, based entirely on leg strength. When I've failed see any examples before the current trend and have actually seen him fail to outrun a 50+ year old man.

Stoic
Was it an example of Hulk running, or jumping? Based on your follow-up, I'll guess jump, but you can clarify.

It doesn't matter what you argue about jumping if there aren't prior examples of him running really fast and in fact examples of him running about as fast as non-enhanced humans.

Yep, I've seen the fight with Quicksilver(if you mean the one I think you do). Not the best argument since it was more of eventually got a hit in instead of keeping-up speed-wise. Thor isn't a "typical speedster" if you mean actual speedsters like Quicksilver or Flash(as "speedster" normally refers to characters where speed is the primary or only power), but I have seen him operate at some degree of superhuman speed. He has used speed to his advantage against Hulk before(although didn't look to be going more than enhanced human speeds that I recall).

But my point was you were arguing Hulk's running speed, based entirely on leg strength. When I've failed see any examples before the current trend and have actually seen him fail to outrun a 50+ year old man.

The reason behind the current trend is because he could always run, and move incredibly fast. They did not remake the character, what they did was point out the obvious. I said that there were, and are writers that are poor at what they do. It should be obvious even to a 6 or 7 year old that if you possess super strength, and a physiques that would allow you to move fast, that you will be super fast. Guys like the thing for instance wouldn't be that fast because their bodies would not allow for them to move at those speeds but the Hulk is different. He has all of the attributes that are required to be able to move fast. There are some feats of his speed that are showcased in his respect section, and those are of the Savage Hulk. I'm a person with a one track mind though, and I do not believe that any of this has any thing at all to do with the topic. If you want to go and look at the respect section go ahead, but again it has nothing at all to do with the topic. Are you able to stay on topic, or should we talk about the Sentry, Gladiator, Quick Silver, the Flash, Ego, Galactus, Quasar, Swamp Thing? I'm really curious. Like I said I have a one track mind, and like to stay on topic.

Delta1938
The reason behind the current trend is because he could always run, and move incredibly fast. They did not remake the character, what they did was point out the obvious. I said that there were, and are writers that are poor at what they do. It should be obvious even to a 6 or 7 year old that if you possess super strength, and a physiques that would allow you to move fast, that you will be super fast. Guys like the thing for instance wouldn't be that fast because their bodies would not allow for them to move at those speeds but the Hulk is different. He has all of the attributes that are required to be able to move fast. There are some feats of his speed that are showcased in his respect section, and those are of the Savage Hulk. I'm a person with a one track mind though, and I do not believe that any of this has any thing at all to do with the topic. If you want to go and look at the respect section go ahead, but again it has nothing at all to do with the topic. Are you able to stay on topic, or should we talk about the Sentry, Gladiator, Quick Silver, the Flash, Ego, Galactus, Quasar, Swamp Thing? I'm really curious. Like I said I have a one track mind, and like to stay on topic.

I pointed-out what I've seen in response to a specific thing you said, you've spent a lot of time and energy coming-up with reasons why that shouldn't be the case but haven't seemed to post anything contradicting it. I asked if there's any examples before the prior trend, and you haven't given me an actual answer or example(and if you did give an example, you didn't clarify it when asked).

It doesn't really matter if that's how things logically should work or not if the comics contradict it. I'm simply pointing how I've seen things, and you've gone out of your way to say they don't without actually giving an example, before saying this is off-topic.

eaebiakuya
Say Thor dont use his powers against Hulk because he has not time to react makes no sense.

Thor alredy summoned a lighting against Hercules when he was going to pass out. The only think he needs to summon a lighting is a tought. The only thing he needs to fly away from Hulk is a tough (and he can fly massively faster than light - in less than 1 second he can be in the Sun if he wants).

Even then, i cant really see Hulk being faster than Thor. But even if he is, how he can be so faster than Thor that he cant use his powers that are triggered by his mind ?

Thor just fight as dumb as possible against Hulk in comics because people want see then fighting, not a stomp. Even some writters said that, like Kieron Gillen in his formspring.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Say Thor dont use his powers against Hulk because he has not time to react makes no sense.

Thor alredy summoned a lighting against Hercules when he was going to pass out. The only think he needs to summon a lighting is a tought. The only thing he needs to fly away from Hulk is a tough (and he can fly massively faster than light - in less than 1 second he can be in the Sun if he wants).

Even then, i cant really see Hulk being faster than Thor. But even if he is, how he can be so faster than Thor that he cant use his powers that are triggered by his mind ?

Thor just fight as dumb as possible against Hulk in comics because people want see then fighting, not a stomp. Even some writters said that, like Kieron Gillen in his formspring.

Show us Thor using speed attacks. Also, Thor fights the Hulk the same way he fought Ulik, Kurse, hell, he went fist cuff against Odin in the Destroyer armor that was beating him down. Went fist cuffs against Doom in the Destroyer armor. Tutinax, the list goes on and on. It's what he does and he is good at it.

krisblaze
Destroyer Odin's not the same Ragnarok cycle as this one.

It has nothing to do with 'speed attacks', that's just how his attacks work. He's not a ****ing sorcerer, there's no cast-time involved in using lightning or energy blasts.

Stoic

Is there a scene that shows Thor flying faster than light without his hammer? For anyone feeling comedic enough to post DS Sentry tossing him, I'm not talking about that time, I'm talking about him flying under his own power.

It does not matter if he can call down lighting against the Hulk, he has done this against the Merged Hulk in their battle in the Arctic. This failed to keep him down. Thor also had his hammer during that battle. If Thor cleaned his clock the way he does with so many others I would say that he wins this without a doubt, but he didn't win that battle, he stalemated the Hulk, and he had his hammer. How does he do better than that without the hammer?

This should be easy for anyone. All of this talk about Thor not wanting to kill his opponent can be said of the Hulk as well. I don't see why they wouldn't stalemate here. Thor has better combat experience, while the Hulk is stronger. This was clearly the case when they fought in the Arctic, and again Thor had his hammer. What I see is that people want to make believe that Thor did better than he actually did. I'm not into this favorite crap. I call it as I see it, and if I thought that Thor would win, I'd say it without hesitation.

krisblaze
The Arctic was one incident of lightning, which hurt Maestro Hulk.

How does one incident of lightning hurting the Hulk somehow prove that he can't hurt the Hulk with it?

carver9
It temporarily hurt him but not enough for it to matter since he was at 100% afterwards. Good ft since he withstood an attack from a Thor that was in Warrior Madness.

krisblaze
It temporarily hurt him but not enough for it to matter since he was at 100% afterwards. Good ft since he withstood an attack from a Thor that was in Warrior Madness.
Prove that he was 100% after.

How does this false warrior madness affect Thor's lightning? The real warrior madness did not.

Are you perhaps a troll spouting nonsense?

carver9
Prove that he was 100% after.

How does this false warrior madness affect Thor's lightning? The real warrior madness did not.

Are you perhaps a troll spouting nonsense?

Here he gets hit by 'Warrior Madness Thor lightning that was stated as being Warrior Madness in this comic'.

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/7.jpg.html

Not even a panel pass and he was up fighting and was more powerful than he was before being hit by the lightning.

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/8.jpg.html

So what we have is Hulk getting right back up more powerful than ever after being hit by lightning.

How do we know he is more powerful? He overpowers Warrior Madness Thor with one freaking hand.

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/9.jpg.html

The next panel after this states "the words don't matter though, only POWER, STRENGTH". Then we see Hulk punching Thor across the state.

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media-full/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/10.jpg.html

Lol...that lightning bolt did nothing to the Hulk but Piss him off.

Stoic
The Arctic was one incident of lightning, which hurt Maestro Hulk.

How does one incident of lightning hurting the Hulk somehow prove that he can't hurt the Hulk with it?

Maestro is the Hulk from Future Imperfect correct? How was Merged Hulk Maestro when he was only pretending to be Maestro Hulk? I asked you this before because I don't recall to full story as it has been years since i read the book. From what I know that was the Merged version of the Hulk.

You ask how does one incident affect things. Were there other times that he fought Thor? I am speaking of the Merged Hulk, and not the Savage Hulk right now. In that one battle they stalemated, saying anything other than that is a lie. Thor also had his hammer there, which he does not have in this scenario. How does he do better without the hammer? Would it make sense that he would do better without it, or is the hammer just a useless trinket? This is why I am saying that they would stalemate. I would also place the Merged hulk above Savage hulk for the simple fact that if they fought a serious non holding back fight (forum style)the Merged Hulk would beat his ass in less time than it would take for him to exceed his power levels.

So yes he does get to 3 if the Savage Hulk weren't, or didn't start out enraged as he is in the OP. Also has there been an instance where Thor has fought an enraged Savage Hulk and won without his hammer? Now if you get upset, and opt out of this topic, that's on you. Just don't forget that this is a public forum, and we all have our opinions on things.

carver9
Maestro is the Hulk from Future Imperfect correct? How was Merged Hulk Maestro when he was only pretending to be Maestro Hulk? I asked you this before because I don't recall to full story as it has been years since i read the book. From what I know that was the Merged version of the Hulk.

You ask how does one incident affect things. Were there other times that he fought Thor? I am speaking of the Merged Hulk, and not the Savage Hulk right now. In that one battle they stalemated, saying anything other than that is a lie. Thor also had his hammer there, which he does not have in this scenario. How does he do better without the hammer? Would it make sense that he would do better without it, or is the hammer just a useless trinket? This is why I am saying that they would stalemate. I would also place the Merged hulk above Savage hulk for the simple fact that if they fought a serious non holding back fight (forum style)the Merged Hulk would beat his ass in less time than it would take for him to exceed his power levels.

So yes he does get to 3 if the Savage Hulk weren't, or didn't start out enraged as he is in the OP. Also has there been an instance where Thor has fought an enraged Savage Hulk and won without his hammer? Now if you get upset, and opt out of this topic, that's on you. Just don't forget that this is a public forum, and we all have our opinions on things.

When Thor and Savage Hulk fight fist cuff without the hammer things doesn't go well for Thor, at all. He isn't beating Savage Hulk, at all. It would be complete domination.

deathlife
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Thor's power reduced when he fought the Maestro Hulk?

I think it was around the time Ellis was writing Thor and he had practically stripped Thor of most of his godly abilities.

If I'm remembering correctly. I'm not sure that fight helps Hulk's case at all.

EDIT: ok, I just re-read the issue and it seems Thor somehow got some power back but he's not at 100%. He actually feels pain when mjolnir is called back to his hand and it comes to him with speed.

Stoic
Originally posted by deathlife
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Thor's power reduced when he fought the Maestro Hulk?

I think it was around the time Ellis was writing Thor and he had practically stripped Thor of most of his godly abilities.

If I'm remembering correctly. I'm not sure that fight helps Hulk's case at all.

EDIT: ok, I just re-read the issue and it seems Thor somehow got some power back but he's not at 100%. He actually feels pain when mjolnir is called back to his hand and it comes to him with speed.

A solid argument can be made for this train of thought, but it would be harder to prove that he wasn't at 100% at around the middle to end of the match. Wasn't Thor at 100% the next time we see him after the fight? It's kind of difficult to tell exactly when he goes back to full power.

DarkOdin
anyone know what version of hulk

King Thor fought when he was got of from the odinpower

I mean granted Thor wouldn't be in the same mindset as that battle however he did defeat both thing and hulk with 1 arm

eaebiakuya
He beat Savage Hulk and Thing in h2h in this issue.

eaebiakuya
Is there a scene that shows Thor flying faster than light without his hammer?

Yes laughing

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/12/124797/3520848-flywithoutmjolnirinspace.jpg

But i understand you said EVEN with hammer he couldnt use his powers against Hulk, because Hulk was too fast for him, and not because PIS/he being stupid, etc.

Im not talking about him without hammer, and in this thread he is forbidden to use any power.

leonidas
^ what issue of thor is that, anyone know....?

carver9
Great showing for Hulk (by the way Leo, I am about to post some scans about what I told you about Hulk being amped). Here we have both Thing and Thor together being unable to open a heavily sealed door. Hulk shows up and open it by himself.

http://share.pho.to/6BGJn

The Sorrow
^I'm surprised people are still having debates about who is stronger between Hulk and Thor. I thought it was established way back in Thor #385 that strength against strength, Hulk has the advantage. If anything the gap has slowly widened since then.

krisblaze
Great showing for Hulk (by the way Leo, I am about to post some scans about what I told you about Hulk being amped). Here we have both Thing and Thor together being unable to open a heavily sealed door. Hulk shows up and open it by himself.

On Franklin's toy earth....

DarkOdin

http://share.pho.to/6BGJn thats not even 616

Deadline
stops at 2

Branlor Swift

1.- Grey Hulk (Mr Fixit)

2.- Professor Hulk

5.- Bannerless Hulk

6.- Green Scar (No World Breaker Mode) An interesting thing to note here is that in the infamous Thor 385 issue, is that Hulk was in a highly enraged Mindless state during the time. As well as Hulk never actually put Thor down and Thor was never close to going out as he tried to throw Mjolnir away to battle h2h again.
Also, Thor was undamaged up until he realized he would destroy the tracks and his attention was diverted by the oncoming train, which allowed Hulk the chance to land 4 full hits on him. In fact, he was matching his strength in the same page.

Also, Hulk hit him on panel 21 times in that comic (counting a throw and some tackles).

So... not as bad as it seems in all honesty.

leonidas

this is not worth the electrons required to type this response, though i get why you tried hiding this...this.... i have no words, but i get why you would have tried hiding this 'proof' in the entirely wrong thread...

sigh..... un-frickin-believable. pr would be proud of you for achieving a new high end low.

HulkIsHulk

There's also fatally injured Tho
r killing amped Thing and knocking out amped Hulk smile
That amped Thing and Hulk got hurt by street levellers who they had no selled before. Same amped. And Thor was the one who ended up Kod there, not Hulk, how much ever you say it to be or want it to be, it won't be true.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/0aae41844eaddbbe740a73fa7fb01eba/tumblr_muo7eeY6B91rjt82ro1_400.gif

HulkIsHulk
Yes laughing

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/12/124797/3520848-flywithoutmjolnirinspace.jpg

But i understand you said EVEN with hammer he couldnt use his powers against Hulk, because Hulk was too fast for him, and not because PIS/he being stupid, etc.

Im not talking about him without hammer, and in this thread he is forbidden to use any power.
can you prove that's faster than light flight?
^ what issue of thor is that, anyone know....?
goota look it up, but i will get the issue

LGU
Remember, Professor Hulk couldn't amp. The madder he gets, the closer he comes to reverting back go banner.

This was only true for a very limited period of time, about 15-20 issues IIRC - a temporary mental fail-safe that did not exist prior to his experiences in Future Imperfect. For the vast bulk of his run (both before and after the "savage Banner" stuff), the merged Hulk had zero problem getting angrier and stronger. Indeed, PAD went to great lengths to highlight that he could tap the madder/stronger dynamic very well unlike previous intelligent Hulks.

The merged Hulk was prone to flying off the handle - he had savage Hulk prominently in his DNA remember.

Cheers.

carver9
Originally posted by LGU
This was only true for a very limited period of time, about 15-20 issues IIRC - a temporary mental fail-safe that did not exist prior to his experiences in Future Imperfect. For the vast bulk of his run (both before and after the "savage Banner" stuff), the merged Hulk had zero problem getting angrier and stronger. Indeed, PAD went to great lengths to highlight that he could tap the madder/stronger dynamic very well unlike previous intelligent Hulks.

The merged Hulk was prone to flying off the handle - he had savage Hulk prominently in his DNA remember.

Cheers.

I thought in future Imperfect Merged Hulk was amped?

LGU
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why are people saying he stops at 2? We've already seen Thor and Professor Hulk fight. Fighting Thor pushed him to the brink, he almost revered to Banner.

He has a higher base strength then Savage (Elite class 100 when calm) so he can hang but to actually take on Thor evenly or beat him would make him too angry.

And the Hulk he fought in the arctic wasn't Professor Hulk (Technically he was Professor Hulk*) but an enraged/mindless Merged Hulk in the sense that he didn't have a strength/anger cap. They fought for hours, Hulk was super pissed and Samson even said he'd never seen Hulk that angry. I don't remember why he didn't revert to Banner anymore, had to do with him becoming Maestro or whatever (Which was I believe and act to an extent), IIRC it was the shrapnel in the brain.

Anyways, Thor stops at 3 unless he uses his weather powers. Beating Savage Hulk at super pissed levels would require a really good day for Thor or real hand to hand skills.

*Professor Hulk and Merged Hulk are the same incarnation, but people refer to Professor Hulk as weaker because he had the Banner limitation and could not amp infinitely like the Merged or Savage incarnation.

That isn't true at all. The "Professor" Hulk is just the name Paul Jenkins gave to the incarnation when he ret-conned the existence of the merged Hulk - the "Professor" moniker in no way implies the temporarily limited version.

As I just pointed out above, the "savage Banner" weakness was entirely temporary. Both before and after, the merged Hulk had absolutely no problem tapping the madder/stronger dynamic.

The merged Hulk's combat record is really very good, he gets underrated a lot - the only scene that seems to stick in people's minds is the end of the Onslaught saga for some reason.

He stalemated Thor and Abomination when he had the savage Banner weakness, suggesting his base strength is in the same ballpark as the elite class 100. He destroyed Blonsky in 3 panels flat when he was at his un-restricted levels. Wrecked the Glob easily (who was flat-out stated to be stronger than the savage Hulk) whilst explicitly noting that he himself was stronger than he ever used to be. Looked comprehensively stronger than Norvell, Thor's exact physical peer etc etc.

PAD went out of his way numerous times to state explicitly that the merged Hulk was stronger than the savage Hulk ever used to be, and frankly his combat record backs that up. He might not be able to hit the same peak highs as the savage Hulk, but on average he is easily as strong as him IMHO.

Thor might be able to win in hand to hand if his skill edge was played up, but I wouldn't bet on it. The merged Hulk is solidly stronger than Thor-level guys and was consistently portrayed as such.

Cheers.

LGU
I thought in future Imperfect Merged Hulk was amped?

Nope. The Maestro was the amped one, although PAD seemed to flop back and forth on that one too.

Cheers.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
That amped Thing and Hulk got hurt by street levellers who they had no selled before. Some amped. And Thor was the one who ended up Kod there, not Hulk, how much ever you say it to be or want it to be, it won't be true.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/0aae41844eaddbbe740a73fa7fb01eba/tumblr_muo7eeY6B91rjt82ro1_400.gif
this is what I wanted to say

leonidas
Originally posted by LGU
That isn't true at all. The "Professor" Hulk is just the name Paul Jenkins gave to the incarnation when he ret-conned the existence of the merged Hulk - the "Professor" moniker in no way implies the temporarily limited version.

As I just pointed out above, the "savage Banner" weakness was entirely temporary. Both before and after, the merged Hulk had absolutely no problem tapping the madder/stronger dynamic.

The merged Hulk's combat record is really very good, he gets underrated a lot - the only scene that seems to stick in people's minds is the end of the Onslaught saga for some reason.

He stalemated Thor and Abomination when he had the savage Banner weakness, suggesting his base strength is in the same ballpark as the elite class 100. He destroyed Blonsky in 3 panels flat when he was at his un-restricted levels. Wrecked the Glob easily (who was flat-out stated to be stronger than the savage Hulk) whilst explicitly noting that he himself was stronger than he ever used to be. Looked comprehensively stronger than Norvell, Thor's exact physical peer etc etc.

PAD went out of his way numerous times to state explicitly that the merged Hulk was stronger than the savage Hulk ever used to be, and frankly his combat record backs that up. He might not be able to hit the same peak highs as the savage Hulk, but on average he is easily as strong as him IMHO.

Thor might be able to win in hand to hand if his skill edge was played up, but I wouldn't bet on it. The merged Hulk is solidly stronger than Thor-level guys and was consistently portrayed as such.

Cheers.

nice. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by LGU

Cheers.

Good post. With that said, Merge Hulk stomps. Question, wasn't that Savage Hulk that was fighting Onslaught?

carver9
this is what I wanted to say

Yeah, Nul sucks, bad. Don't know why they did him like that when it was referenced that he was the most powerful amongst the Worthy.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by LGU

Cheers.

Glob I loved that. During the Herb Trimpe era Hulk had a lot of stupid losses. Art is not everything. Prof Hulk beat up Glob so bad that his fright caused Man-Thing to attack Glob.
Against Norvell, didn't seem that stronger. Of course, he allowed Norvell a free shot and then casually grabbed the hammer in Incredible Hulk #422:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/ProfessorHulkBlunt14422.jpg
(as you can see not by the handle) but not that stronger. And unlike what many say, he didn't reach his limit against Thor, he was struggling to control his temper.
And also, the Juggernaut pwnage in Incredible Hulk #404:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/ProfessorHulkStrikingPower06404.jpgg
The part I hated about PAD's run was that he sacrificed the character power showing for character development, sure you need to have the latter, but you also need the former and it shouldn't be underplayed for the latter.
The part I loved was how at times he got back for underplaying Hulk against other characters
Like when Hulk finally got payback against Doc Ock or Havok
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsX-Factor07.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsX-Factor08392.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsX-Factor09.jpg
Though I agree with the rest of your statement
My view on the fight is, Thor takes 8/10 against Fixit, stalemates Prof Hulk (I like that moniker than Merged) and loses to the rest

carver9
Glob I loved that. During the Herb Trimpe era Hulk had a lot of stupid losses. Art is not everything. Prof Hulk beat up Glob so bad that his fright caused Man-Thing to attack Glob.
Against Norvell, didn't seem that stronger. Of course, he allowed Norvell a free shot and then casually grabbed the hammer in Incredible Hulk #422:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/ProfessorHulkBlunt14422.jpg
(as you can see not by the handle) but not that stronger. And unlike what many say, he didn't reach his limit against Thor, he was struggling to control his temper.
And also, the Juggernaut pwnage in Incredible Hulk #404:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/ProfessorHulkStrikingPower06404.jpgg
The part I hated about PAD's run was that he sacrificed the character power showing for character development, sure you need to have the latter, but you also need the former and it shouldn't be underplayed for the latter.
The part I loved was how at times he got back for underplaying Hulk against other characters
Like when Hulk finally got payback against Doc Ock or Havok
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsX-Factor07.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsX-Factor08392.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsX-Factor09.jpg
Though I agree with the rest of your statement
My view on the fight is, Thor takes 8/10 against Fixit, stalemates Prof Hulk (I like that moniker than Merged) and loses to the rest

Disagree with every piece of this. By the way, that was Classic Juggernaut Merge Hulk two pieced.

LGU
Good post. With that said, Merge Hulk stomps. Question, wasn't that Savage Hulk that was fighting Onslaught?

At the end it was. It was the merged Hulk initially, and he stated that he couldn't get mad enough to take down Onslaught without Jean Grey psionically turning Banner (i.e. his rationality) "off." That scene seems to stick in a lot of people's minds and it suggests the merged Hulk is a lot weaker than the savage Hulk. At his extreme highs, that is true... but not at their typical fighting-mad levels.

Cheers.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
and...

He's dead.

Ow, now I feel bad. I said few weeks before to a poster that Sun God is going to die just for the lulz and now it happened
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The funny thing is that Namor seemed to kill the MM analogue all by himself.

Even in another company, in another form, in an alternate universe Martian Manhunter can't catch a break.

Anyway:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=22757
Ouch on both. If only MM fought people like he did against SBP, he'd be highly respected. Like he said "there's a reason why I am the last surviving martian".
But then Supes and Wondy would be mostly useless, so then have to get him out of the action somehow or the other

HulkIsHulk
The Thor flight issue is Thor #164

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.