Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
A apocalyptic story set in the furthest reaches of our planet, in a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, and most everyone is crazed fighting for the necessities of life. Within this world exist two rebels on the run who just might be able to restore order. There's Max, a man of action and a man of few words, who seeks peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos. And Furiosa, a woman of action and a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Mad_Max_Fury_Road_poster.jpg

Starring: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Zoe Kravitz & Nicholas Hoult.

akX3Is3qBpw

jaden101
Trailer looks ace.

jaden101
hEJnMQG9ev8

New trailer.

Looking better and better

Robtard
Is looking badass, read that the majority of the film is one continuous chase/fight scene

Tzeentch
Much like your mom.

Esau Cairn
Is there a release date yet?

And where's Kaz to point out there's already a thread of this?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

There actually is another one in the Sci-Fi / Fantasy section, Smartass

guess someone could always merge the two threads.

Tzeentch
Or I could merge your face with this fist.

Kazenji
How about i merge my foot with your arse.

BruceSkywalker
Is there a release date yet?

lol its been known, two weeks after age of ultron opens, then this comes out

marwash22
the Dawn of Justice trailer will be attached to this.

gonna buy a ticket, see the trailer, then walk out.

playa1258
Watch it online.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
the Dawn of Justice trailer will be attached to this.

gonna buy a ticket, see the trailer, then walk out.

You're insane.

Golgo13
Easily one of the best trailers this year.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Golgo13
Easily one of the best trailers this year.

Damn, don't tempt me. I'm trying not to watch.

Robtard
Unless you're completely ignorant of what generally happens in a Mad Max movie, there is little in that trailer that will spoil the film for you.

Esau Cairn
Funny...for a post apocalyptic world short on gasoline...there sure is a lot of flame based explosions & flame throwers as well.

Stringer
Looks better than the Jew haters original

Mindset
Originally posted by Stringer
Looks better than the Jew haters original But Robtard wasn't in the original.

Kazenji
Tom Hardy has signed on for 3 more films

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/04/02/tom-hardy-has-signed-on-for-three-more-mad-max-films/

Stringer
No?

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
But Robtard wasn't in the original.

W-what. Wait!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Unless you're completely ignorant of what generally happens in a Mad Max movie, there is little in that trailer that will spoil the film for you.

Trailers almost always spoil movies, especially highly visual and action oriented ones like this.

Tzeentch
The trailer reveals that Max is black.

Stringer
Originally posted by Tzeentch
The trailer reveals that Max is black.

Say it ain't so. Must of been the dirt in his face.

quanchi112
Was never really a fan of this series to this point but the movie is getting strong reviews. I will definitely see this and give it a shot.

Robtard
"Didn't like the series, but popular opinion says I should now, so I will!"

Bandwagoning 101 laughing out loud

quanchi112

Bandwagoning 101 laughing out loud Not at all. I said I'd see it and give it a shot. People love the transformers movies and I loathe them. Into Darkness also was hated on by many including yourself but I absolutely love it.

Start worrying.

Ffs I like the prequels better than the originals of Star Wars. I march to the beat of my own drum.

Robtard
Bandwagoning is just your thing, everyone knows laughing out loud

You hated Star Trek until popular opinion told you to like it. You're doing the same thing with Star Wars "Never really liked Star Wars, but people are super-hyped for EP7, so I better like it too!"

Only natural you move onto this franchise with how thrilling it's looking.

quanchi112
Bandwagoning is just your thing, everyone knows laughing out loud

You hated Star Trek until popular opinion told you to like it. You're doing the same thing with Star Wars "Never really liked Star Wars, but people are hyped for EP7, so I better like it too!"

Only natural you move onto this franchise with how thrilling it's looking. No, I enjoyed a new director changing the approach. That's when I liked it.

The same director which made me fall in love with Star Trek is doing episode seven, dummy.

You always worry about my preferences. I am as objective as it gets. I never loved Star Wars but always preferred it to Star Trek until the new films changed my tune. Abrams might change it back. Stay tuned.

ares834
Currently sitting at 100% on RT... Da fuq? Sure, there is only 25 reviews so far but I was expecting this movie to be terrible.

Mindset

Bandwagoning 101 laughing out loud Nah, I commanded him to watch it; since I'm the Khan of Khans, he obeyed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Currently sitting at 100% on RT... Da fuq? Sure, there is only 25 reviews so far but I was expecting this movie to be terrible. The preview didn't really look that good but I'll give this a watch and see for myself.

quanchi112
Nah, I commanded him to watch it; since I'm the Khan of Khans, he obeyed. I am white so I am Khan. You are black so you are Uhura. Dem's the breaks.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, I enjoyed a new director changing the approach. That's when I liked it.

The same director which made me fall in love with Star Trek is doing episode seven, dummy.

You always worry about my preferences. I am as objective as it gets. I never loved Star Wars but always preferred it to Star Trek until the new films changed my tune. Abrams might change it back. Stay tuned.

"B-b-but Rotten Tomatoes told me to like it!"

Look at your desperation in trying to excuse away your bandwagoning ways laughing out loud Pathetic.

Mindset
I am white so I am Khan. You are black so you are Uhura. Dem's the breaks. Close your mouth before I crush your head, boy, Khan is speaking.

quanchi112
Close your mouth before I crush your head, boy, Khan is speaking. I am just trying to figure out who is your Spock. My money's on Pr.

quanchi112
"B-b-but Rotten Tomatoes told me to like it!"

Look at your desperation in trying to excuse away your bandwagoning ways laughing out loud Pathetic. Was Into Darkness universally praised ? Nah. Popularity amongst a Trekkers says Wrath of Khan is the best and that movie is just awful to me. You fall more in line with the sheep. Quit going crazy just because I said I'd see a movie based on reviews. I didn't even say I'd love it, short stuff.

Impediment
The reviews are calling this movie a "gut punch of excitement".

I'm on board to see this.

Robtard
Was Into Darkness universally praised ? Nah. Popularity amongst a Trekkers says Wrath of Khan is the best and that movie is just awful to me. You fall more in line with the sheep. Quit going crazy just because I said I'd see a movie based on reviews. I didn't even say I'd love it, short stuff.
RT gave it 87% & 90%; that's all you care about, bandwagoneer laughing out loud

quanchi112
RT gave it 87% & 90%; that's all you care about, bandwagoneer laughing out loud So ? I have heard plenty of bad reviews about it. I also hear many fans say that movie disgusted them. I loved it. My opinion does not change whether the reviews are positive or negative. A movie I was iffy on will get the nod when the reviews are exceptional. That's just who I am. smile

You're still worried I will love the new Abrams Wars because up to this point I haven't loved Star Wars yet.

Robtard
The topic of the thread is "Max Mad: Fury Road"; not "Quanchi's bandwagonning of Star Trek and Star Wars".

So if you're going to focus on your bandwagoning, at least focus on your MM:FR bandwagoning smile

Mindset
I am just trying to figure out who is your Spock. My money's on Pr. How dare you.

quanchi112
The topic of the thread is "Max Mad: Fury Road"; not "Quanchi's bandwagonning of Star Trek and Star Wars".

So if you're going to focus on your bandwagoning, at least focus on your MM:FR bandwagoning smile I shut you down already.

I said I'd go see a movie because the reviews are great thus far and you lost your shit.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Impediment
The reviews are calling this movie a "gut punch of excitement".

I'm on board to see this.

It's at a 100% on RT. Not bad.

Patient_Leech
^Holy shit, 97% still so far...

Psyched for this.

tkitna
The previews look awful. I'm going to wait and see what you guys think first.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tkitna
The previews look awful. I'm going to wait and see what you guys think first. I agree the previews looked bad but man of steel and Dracula flick's previews were well done. Those movies were both lackluster. I'll take a chance and blame the critics if I hate it.

Golgo13
The previews look awful. I'm going to wait and see what you guys think first.

the reviews do not lie.

Inhuman
Didnt think it would be too good. Will watch.

Also, it seems from the trailers like 90% of the movie takes place while in a car chase.

BruceSkywalker
i don't give a rats arse what critics say...

will give arishem judgment friday or saturday

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Inhuman

Also, it seems from the trailers like 90% of the movie takes place while in a car chase.

Have you not seen The Road Warrior? A large portion of it is a big car/truck/dune buggy (whatever the hell else) chase... it's awesome. This basically looks like an updated version of Road Warrior.

Lestov16
From what I hear, Theron steals the show and almost renders Max a secondary character.

Esau Cairn

Yeah granted it's no a Fast & Furious roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
I agree the previews looked bad but man of steel and Dracula flick's previews were well done. Those movies were both lackluster. I'll take a chance and blame the critics if I hate it.
The previews look awesome, Mr. Irelyonwhatpeopletellmeandcantthinkformyself

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lestov16
From what I hear, Theron steals the show and almost renders Max a secondary character.

That wouldn't surprise me, because she is great. However, from what I've seen of Tom Hardy he is really good also, but more in a subtle way. See The Drop, alongside Noomi Rapace. Great little movie.

quanchi112
The previews look awesome, Mr. Irelyonwhatpeopletellmeandcantthinkformyself The preview looks bad. Reviews are great. I'll go see for myself. When have I ever decided the greatness of a movie before I saw it for myself. You're hanging on my every word.

Robtard
You do flips for me every time I ask thumb up

quanchi112
You do flips for me every time I ask thumb up I explained myself. You lost your shit. I laughed.

Robtard
You bandwagoned. I mocked. You did flips. thumb up

quanchi112
You bandwagoned. I mocked. You did flips. thumb up Saying I'll see a movie isn't bandwagoning you simpleton.

Robtard
Look how mad your bandwagoning has made you laughing out loud

quanchi112
Look how mad your bandwagoning has made you laughing out loud You say dumb things. I am not mad but you really obsess over me.

Robtard
"Irony" x2

quanchi112
"Irony" x2 Me saying I'd go see a movie had you flip out. Quit worrying about me.

Robtard
"irony" x2

quanchi112
"irony" x2
#robbieispetrifiedilllikeit

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Have you not seen The Road Warrior? A large portion of it is a big car/truck/dune buggy (whatever the hell else) chase... it's awesome. This basically looks like an updated version of Road Warrior.

Forget where I read it and it was easily 9-10 months ago, but in an interview Miller said this will be about a 2hr chase scene with character development and backstory shown through flashbacks and cut scenes.

edit: Found it, http://www.mtv.com/news/1882851/george-miller-max-fury-road-110-minute-chase-scene/

Inhuman
Yeah granted it's no a Fast & Furious roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have seen the old Mad Max movies. My point was that if this is a a sequel, then a small homage to the desert chase is ok but to redo what was already done in that film doesn't make too much sense to go that route again.
If this is a remake then it makes much more sense.

Anyhow, whatever the case, im sure it will be good.

Robtard
I have seen the old Mad Max movies. My point was that if this is a a sequel, then a small homage to the desert chase is ok but to redo what was already done in that film doesn't make too much sense to go that route again.

It's not a sequel or really a reboot per se, it's a revision of the character/story and I think the events of the first film stand while we get a retake of the story after that going forward.

Miller's said he has scripts for two more flicks should Fury Road be a commercial success. Hardy is contracted for a total of four films, should it be viable.

Esau Cairn

That's why Thunderdome was always considered the weakest link.
Everybody wanted & expected more car chases & not Max walking around for most of the movie.

Inhuman
It's not a sequel or really a reboot per se, it's a revision of the character/story and I think the events of the first film stand while we get a retake of the story after that going forward.

Miller's said he has scripts for two more flicks should Fury Road be a commercial success. Hardy is contracted for a total of four films, should it be viable. Originally posted by Esau Cairn
That's why Thunderdome was always considered the weakest link.
Everybody wanted & expected more car chases & not Max walking around for most of the movie.

Actually I hated the first Mad Max. So its good this new once seems to be inspired by the sequel.

Robtard
Actually I hated the first Mad Max.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/byrnesry/Fifi.png

Inhuman
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/byrnesry/Fifi.png

Ha, i had forgot about that rascal

Mindset
Actually I hated the first Mad Max. So its good this new once seems to be inspired by the sequel. I liked the first the most.

You are obviously a dummy.

Inhuman
I liked the first the most.

You are obviously a dummy.

Twas kinda boring bro . The homoish desert thugs & police force were amusing i guess baka

Esau Cairn
Ha, i had forgot about that rascal

Ha ha that's Ffi!

Real name Roger Ward...believe it or not I worked alongside him a long long time ago!

We worked together in Telesales for Amex. He had a great sounding voice & did alot of commercial voice-overs.

Mindset
Ha ha that's Ffi!

Real name Roger Ward...believe it or not I worked alongside him a long long time ago!

We worked together in Telesales for Amex. He had a great sounding voice & did alot of commercial voice-overs. Did he ever serenade you while you were cradled in his warm embrace?

Esau Cairn
Actually I hated the first Mad Max. So its good this new once seems to be inspired by the sequel.

You need to understand the 1st movie was made on a small budget as a stand alone movie.
George Miller the director never knew he created an iconic cult figure in Max until years later with fans wanting to know what happened to Max when he drove off at the end...

Esau Cairn
Did he ever serenade you while you were cradled in his warm embrace?

Yes...Oh God yes!!!! big grin

All the marauders in Mad Max 2 were recruited from the local gym down the road.

A lot of them were also gay "hairy bears" who wore their own leathers.

Robtard
Twas kinda boring bro . The homoish desert thugs & police force were amusing i guess baka

Ish? They straight up anally gang-raped a guy. Goose calls him a "Turkey" later on.

Mindset
Nothing gay about raping another man's butt. erm

Inhuman
Typical day in the outback

Patient_Leech
All the marauders in Mad Max 2 were recruited from the local gym down the road.

A lot of them were also gay "hairy bears" who wore their own leathers.

Stop it, you're making me horny... me so horny!! Sucky-sucky Figh dolluh!!

Q99
Oh man, some MRA types are butthurt about Charlize Therons having such a leading role in it.

When will the feminists and SJW learn? wink

Robtard
Don't other yourself with the opinions of a bunch of micro-penis suffers.

jaden101
I have no problem with Mad Maxine.

jaden101
Except Carr. She was a *****.

Q99
Don't other yourself

Heh, honestly, "SJW" tends to translate into "the majority of the sane population," a lot of the time, and especially when used by this type, it's not particularly other-ing when it definitely covers everyone here in the thread easily ^^

Robtard
Yeah, that was a typo, sport. "Bother". Good show thumb up

Q99
Ah yea, that makes more sense ^^

Morridini
Just saw the movie yesterday, and it was a fantastic action movie. Feels to me that it will go down as some of the milestones in action movies (like Die Hard, Terminator 2, Matrix and so on).

Also, I couldn't help thinking about this comic strip: https://xkcd.com/311/, I didn't exactly count, but to me it feels like of the 120 minutes the movie lasted about 110 of those minutes were action scenes.

Golgo13
It was awesome indeed. Best movie thus far in 2015.

wakkawakkawakka
Just saw it. Was a pretty good time to be had.

dynamix
awesome summer flick! i have no idea what the plot was but enjoyed the fck out of it, lol. Dug the action choreography (and camera work) alot. Theron's character was badass. i'd put her in the same vein as Ripley and Sarah Connor.

BruceSkywalker
just got home from seeing this.. I must say as a fan of Tom Hardy I was very very disappointed in this.. The plot was convoluted.. The action scenes could have been better.. Charlize was okay... Rosie and Abbey were the best things about this... I can see why this sat on WB's shelf for 2 years... but looking forward to seeing tom later in the year again

Golgo13
Loved this guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/mad-max-fury-road-guitar-player-actor-doof-warrior-118997835292.html

quanchi112
I saw this last night. Lady friend liked it as she said it kept her interest but I fell asleep and was disappointed. Nothing special at all to me.

Mindset
I saw this last night. Lady friend liked it as she said it kept her interest but I fell asleep and was disappointed. Nothing special at all to me. I roofied you.

Q99
Wow, some people here may not have been thrilled, but it's a 98% (!) on rotten tomatos with critics, and a still very impressive 93% with audience.

That's mad-good for an action flick.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Wow, some people here may not have been thrilled, but it's a 98% (!) on rotten tomatos with critics, and a still very impressive 93% with audience.

That's mad-good for an action flick. I am not saying it is awful but it isn't something I really enjoyed.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Q99

Most people have been loving it. No movie is for everyone though.

Patient_Leech
Just got back from this and it was fantastic. Brilliant action and a brilliantly simple, yet effective premise. It feels like an old school action flick, but enhanced in all the right ways with modern technology. Adrenaline filled... such great action and so well paced that it felt more like an hour and a half instead of the 2 hours that it is. Best Mad Max film yet by far. I didn't realize it had such an enormous budget until I looked it up today before heading to the cinema. $150 million. I'd love to see sequels, but it's honestly a pretty nicely self-contained little film. If they do get the chance to do sequels (which seems unlikely with such a huge budget) separate self-contained stories might be cool.

See it in 3D if possible. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen if you're an action junky.

Mindset
Just got back from this and it was fantastic. Brilliant action and a brilliantly simple, yet effective premise. It feels like an old school action flick, but enhanced in all the right ways with modern technology. Adrenaline filled... such great action and so well paced that it felt more like an hour and a half instead of the 2 hours that it is. Best Mad Max film yet by far. I didn't realize it had such an enormous budget until I looked it up today before heading to the cinema. $150 million. I'd love to see sequels, but it's honestly a pretty nicely self-contained little film. If they do get the chance to do sequels (which seems unlikely with such a huge budget) separate self-contained stories might be cool.

See it in 3D if possible. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen if you're an action junky. You really think it's better than the first 2?

If you're wrong, expect a bullet.

quanchi112
Best kill him to be safe.

Firefly218
You really think it's better than the first 2?
Well, the first one sucked...

Patient_Leech
You really think it's better than the first 2?

I absolutely think so. The updated effects and action here are extremely impressive. I'm telling ya, this thing is well crafted. The real star of the show is George Miller.

Oh, and f#ck off with the hollow threats. wink

Q99
Most people have been loving it. No movie is for everyone though.

Yep. Even a well-tuned movie can fail to strike a cord.

Tzeentch
Best movie of 2015 so far imo. Too bad it's getting shit on by Pitch Perfect 2 in sales.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Q99

fried green tomatoes err rotten tomatoes is absolutely no guarantee whether or not a film will be a financial success let alone good...

perhaps people need 5150 holds if they want to go by what that goofball trollish site says

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah the film's not doing well at the box office. So a sequel isn't likely unless that turns around. But perhaps it will have legs as strong as Kingsman did.

Robtard
Google tells me 109.4million worldwide opening week.

That's not terrible at all for a franchise that most people haven't really heard about in 30 years and had more of a cult status than mainstream even back then.

Tzeentch
Worldwide sales rarely factor into a film's financial success, unfortunately.

Patient_Leech
Not sure why they gave a niche R-rated movie such a huge budget if they wanted to create a franchise. It seems like $75 - $100 could have been plenty to tell this story, and even that would be pushing it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Firefly218
Well, the first one sucked... Shut up. erm

I absolutely think so. The updated effects and action here are extremely impressive. I'm telling ya, this thing is well crafted. The real star of the show is George Miller.

Oh, and f#ck off with the hollow threats. wink The only thing hollow is the bullet, bruh.

Mindset
Whether it get a sequel or not depends on how much it was to make, I'm guessing it was a lot.

Tzeentch
Budget was 150 million. It's made 45 million domestically so far.

I imagine it'll need to make around 300 million internationally before the studio considers a sequel.

Mindset
Budget was 150 million. It's made 45 million domestically so far. Yup, no sequel.

Shut it down.

Tzeentch
Dark days, brother.

DARTH POWER
Don't forget marketing costs on top of the budget, and the theatre cut from ticket prices (which is much higher internationally- well over 50% in places like China).

So I think $300mill WW would likely be breaking even, and it would need to make at least $350mill for any serious sequel talks.

Tzeentch
Im trying to be optimistic, you soulless englishman.

marwash22
Not sure why they gave a niche R-rated movie such a huge budget if they wanted to create a franchise. It seems like $75 - $100 could have been plenty to tell this story, and even that would be pushing it. hge chunk of the budget is actor salary. Charlize was the best part of this movie, and she's not cheap.

Bardock42
I enjoyed it. Good for what it is.

marwash22
that's like saying a blowjob is good for what it is.

Golgo13
Hardy has already signed on for thee more movies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/03/tom-hardy-signed-for-three-more-mad-max-movies

Tzeentch
Bardock doesn't believe in blow-jobs. They're demeaning to women.

Bardock42
Originally posted by marwash22
that's like saying a blowjob is good for what it is.

I agree with that statement.

Bardock doesn't believe in blow-jobs. They're demeaning to women.

Blowjobs don't have to involve any women, if you know what I mean...

I'm coming on to you.

BruceSkywalker
Not sure why they gave a niche R-rated movie such a huge budget if they wanted to create a franchise. It seems like $75 - $100 could have been plenty to tell this story, and even that would be pushing it.

it didn't help that the film sat on the shelf for a few years

DARTH POWER

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/03/tom-hardy-signed-for-three-more-mad-max-movies

That's great.. If they have any incentive to make a sequel.

Patient_Leech
What's cool about this character/world is that (according to the director) it's sort of mythical and doesn't necessarily need to be thought of as a sequel/prequel or whatever. It's a mythical character so there are many stories told about him. So, they could do smaller budget movies with the same character. They wouldn't all necessarily need to be on the same scale as this one is. I wouldn't mind at all if they cut the budget in half (or more) for a sequel.

That's also what I like about the Riddick series... a similar dark character.

quanchi112

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/03/tom-hardy-signed-for-three-more-mad-max-movies Only 44 million. Doesn't look good.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That's great.. If they have any incentive to make a sequel.

MM will probably have legs, so I can see them making sequels. For a rated R movie, it did solidly well.

Newjak
This movie was a lot of fun to watch.

tkitna
Was interested in seeing it, but I've read so many split opinions of it that i'll just wait for it to hit HBO.

Here's what I've been reading-

"Saw it today. Pretty good. Enjoyed it. "

"Awesome Action in 3D"

"I saw it today. I thought it was great as action-packed visual junk food"

"saw it. loved it. sinuses were so clogged I couldnt hear hardly any dialogue which is just the way I like it. 2 hours of mayhem and explosions. "

etc,,,,

And then there was -

"Just returned home from seeing it. It sucked"

"It was ok at best"

"Took the family to see it last night and it wasn't "Edward Scissorhands get up and walk out" bad, but more like "sit through the whole thing to see if they can keep upping the level of absurdity" bad."

"Meh.................. "

Patient_Leech
Was interested in seeing it, but I've read so many split opinions of it that i'll just wait for it to hit HBO.

Split opinions? How is 98% on RT split opinions?? It's pretty universally renowned as brilliant.

Go support it. mad

Did I mention this movie is bad fu#king ass..

Patient_Leech
Oh, you edited... Where are reading that shit? Retards anonymous??

playa1258
44 million is actually very good for MM. It should leg its way to over 150 million.

Golgo13

Here's what I've been reading-

"Saw it today. Pretty good. Enjoyed it. "

"Awesome Action in 3D"

"I saw it today. I thought it was great as action-packed visual junk food"

"saw it. loved it. sinuses were so clogged I couldnt hear hardly any dialogue which is just the way I like it. 2 hours of mayhem and explosions. "

etc,,,,

And then there was -

"Just returned home from seeing it. It sucked"

"It was ok at best"

"Took the family to see it last night and it wasn't "Edward Scissorhands get up and walk out" bad, but more like "sit through the whole thing to see if they can keep upping the level of absurdity" bad."

"Meh.................. "

It's #25 on IMDB already. Has one of the highest rated movies of all time. However you can't please everyone. Not everyone is going to like it. The majority however do.

Mindset
It's #25 on IMDB already. Has one of the highest rated movies of all time. However you can't please everyone. Not everyone is going to like it. The majority however do. You realize movies eventually fall on the imdb list after they've been out awhile, right?

Golgo13
You realize movies eventually fall on the imdb list after they've been out awhile, right?

Fall down in position, but not off the list. People were calling TDKR to fall pretty low, but it's still #61. I can see MM being in the top 50.

Mindset
Fall down in position, but not off the list. People were calling TDKR to fall pretty low, but it's still #61. I can see MM being in the top 50. It's list of 250 movies, being just on the list isn't that impressive.

ares834
There are hundreds of thousands of movies... It's very impressive.

Anyway, the movie kicked ass. Easily the best of the year so far.

quanchi112
This movie is so overrated. The major villain was also a pansy.

Golgo13

Anyway, the movie kicked ass. Easily the best of the year so far.

Only the best of the best. cool

However, there are a couple of handful of movies that shouldn't be on the list, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
Split opinions? How is 98% on RT split opinions?? It's pretty universally renowned as brilliant.

Go support it. mad

Did I mention this movie is bad fu#king ass..

Rotten Tomatoes is not the end all, know all.. they do not determine whether or not a film is a financial success or if the film is actually good... the people decide that.. they will go and spend their money and if the like it then they will do multiple times...

It's #25 on IMDB already. Has one of the highest rated movies of all time. However you can't please everyone. Not everyone is going to like it. The majority however do.

nobody cares what IMDB says.. the only people that matter are those that spend their money and see these movies and if they like it , then they shall see it multiple times...

Mindset

Anyway, the movie kicked ass. Easily the best of the year so far. There aren't hundreds of thousands of movies being voting on imdb.

So...

Golgo13
And it looked like the audience liked it. cool

Thanks, Bruce.

jinXed by JaNx
such a micheal bay movie. I wonder when explosions and crashes will become the best of cinema? I suppose it already has. At least with this movie !!!!!!!!! there are certainly no f*#*s givin in this movie. lol

Golgo13
There aren't hundreds of thousands of movies being voting on imdb.

So...

How many movies are being voted on?

ares834
There aren't hundreds of thousands of movies being voting on imdb.

So...

Uh, yes there are...

http://www.imdb.com/stats

Over 300 thousand features.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>