Dooku vs ROTJ Luke and ANH Obi wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
All out who wins?

Fight take place in the the area in which Dooku for Anakin and Obi wan in ROTS.

Lord Stark
Dooku rolls

carthage
Unique match. Dooku probably wins though

Nalaniel
Dooku.

Kotor3
No love for Luke and Obi.

I don't know. Vader didn't quickly take care of Obi wan so I am not sure if Dooku would either.

My scenario Dooku TK Obi wan in the same way as he did in ROTS. Luke gets pissed and be-heads him like Anakin did.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kotor3
No love for Luke and Obi.

I don't know. Vader didn't quickly take care of Obi wan so I am not sure if Dooku would either.

My scenario Dooku TK Obi wan in the same way as he did in ROTS. Luke gets pissed and be-heads him like Anakin did.

Luke has shown no viable defense against Dooku's TK. Hell Filoni theorizes that any member of the Jedi Council would pwn him.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Luke has shown no viable defense against Dooku's TK. Hell Filoni theorizes that any member of the Jedi Council would pwn him.

Source?

Emperordmb
Hell Filoni theorizes that any member of the Jedi Council would pwn him.
Aint that the shittiest theory you've ever heard of?

King Joker
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Aint that the shittiest theory you've ever heard of?
thumb up

Kotor3
Originally posted by ares834
Source?
thumb up

Lord Stark
Source?

"Because when I was a kid, the Jedi were a much bigger mystery than they are now. We never really saw one except Obi-Wan, and he was old. And then we got to meet Yoda, but he was old. And Luke, let's face it, he was never really the best. I have a notion that anyone on the Council could really kick his butt. He had a lot of heart though, right? He had a lot going for him. And almost it was what he didn't know that made him really dangerous to the Emperor, it's just love for his father -- but he wasn't going to take you out with his lightsaber skills, that was for sure."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/21/star-wars-the-clone-wars-looking-back-at-season-4?page=1

DarthAnt66
The Return of the Jedi comics state that not only was Darth Vader "bringing his full strength and power" against Luke Skywalker, but it was also "a battle of equals".
I take this as far more impressive then Dave Filoni's rambling words trying to hype up his television show. He also said Grievous was weaker then the Council or something like such, iirc.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Return of the Jedi comics state that not only was Darth Vader "bringing his full strength and power" against Luke Skywalker, but it was also "a battle of equals".
I take this as far more impressive then Dave Filoni's rambling words trying to hype up his television show. He also said Grievous was weaker then the Council or something like such, iirc.
Agreed

ares834

thumb up

Not to mention Yoda seems to think that he was capable of defeating not only Vader but the Emperor as well (obviously he couldn't on his own). But that speaks volumes of his skill.

Edit: Anyway, in the nuEU Vader is already stated to be more powerful than Anakin so I'm happy.

Lord Stark

Which is just as canon as Filoni's statements. Except his are more recent and he has regular conversations with Lucas...and the director of a canon source on par with the movies.

Emperordmb
Which is just as canon as Filoni's statements. Except his are more recent and he has regular conversations with Lucas...and the director of a canon source on par with the movies.
A notion isn't exactly a full statement.

ares834
And a non-canon statement at that...

Lord Stark
And a non-canon statement at that...

Again its just as canon as Legends is, except Filoni's statement is more recent. It holds weight. And in fact if we want to go with the previous canon policy TCWs is basically G-canon and as TCWs director Filoni's statements are also G-canon.

DARTH POWER
The Return of the Jedi comics state that not only was Darth Vader "bringing his full strength and power" against Luke Skywalker, but it was also "a battle of equals"..

thumb up

Not to mention Yoda seems to think that he was capable of defeating not only Vader but the Emperor as well (obviously he couldn't on his own). But that speaks volumes of his skill.

Edit: Anyway, in the nuEU Vader is already stated to be more powerful than Anakin so I'm happy.

Yeah great. Except Lucas himself states Luke isn't trained well enough to be a match for Vader - ROTJ DVD Audio Commentary, Scene where Luke visits Yoda.

So yeah Lord Stark is right in that Filoni knows more about power levels and true canon than old Legends comic books and In Universe Fallible characters who are probably lying to Manipulate Luke anyway.

ares834
Filoni's claims aren't canon (except perhaps when pertaining to his show). Especially when he voices it as a "notion".

Arhael
To me it always seemed that Luke mastered saber combat much earlier comparing to his Force capabilities. Between ANH and ROTJ there is big enough years gap for Luke to master saber combat through practice with droids or whatever means. Hence, during saber duel with Vader Luke was described as his equal. Later he faced Lumya and defeated her with shoto. Decades later one would assume he would be able to stomp her, yet, he still felt like he needed shoto to be able to defeat her.

Force wise even 8 years post ANH Luke was easily Force handled by Gedzerion.

So while I do believe that Luke can give a lot of trouble to Dooku, when pared with Kenobi, he is still a fodder for Dooku's Force attacks.

DARTH POWER
Filoni's claims aren't canon (except perhaps when pertaining to his show). Especially when he voices it as a "notion".

Yeah but considering he talked to Lucas daily while creating Star Wars canon for a few years, I'd say his opinion is a pretty important one to consider. He may be wrong, but it's unlikely he's way off on his power scales.

Besides Lucas has already stated Luke was no match for Vader in ROTJ. That alone defeats yours and Darth Ant's claim.

Where's this stated? That makes it even more impossible for ROTJ Luke to be a match for Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.