The Last of Us

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
So, apparently Sam Raimi is producing a "The Last of Us" movie.

Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones) is in talks to play Ellie.

My choices:

Ellie - Ellen Page

Joel - Josh Brolin or Hugh Jackman

Impediment
Massie Williams looks like Harry Potter with Down Syndrome. Not cute at all.

Josh Brolin would be awesome as Joel. He needs to play an awesome character to make up for Oldboy.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Impediment
Massie Williams looks like Harry Potter with Down Syndrome.
That's a little harsh. I wouldn't mind too much if she plays Ellie. She's a great actress.

Zack Fair
Hugh FKN Jackman would be perfect.

Lestov16
Should just get Ellen Page. I remember seeing the trailers for the game and thinking that was her.

Zack Fair
I can't wait to play this on my FKN ps4 ><

Lestov16
I've only played the beginning, but it was awesome. The limited ammo can be a bytch sometimes though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
The limited ammo can be a bytch sometimes though.

That's why its Labelled as "Survival Horror"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules_2
I'm guessing since they aren't in talks with Ellen Page she must be doing something else otherwise I woulda thought she'd be in it since they used her likeness and all that

NemeBro
They might as well just stitch every cutscene together and put it in theaters, to be blunt.

There's no untapped potential for a movie of this game that already relies heavily on a "cinematic experience".

Impediment
Originally posted by Firefly218
That's a little harsh. I wouldn't mind too much if she plays Ellie. She's a great actress.

She looks like the offspring of Harry Potter and Sloth from the Goonies.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
They might as well just stitch every cutscene together and put it in theaters, to be blunt.

There's no untapped potential for a movie of this game that already relies heavily on a "cinematic experience".

thumb up

There is absolutely no reason to make this game a movie. And without the interaction caused by gameplay there is no way the payoff works as well.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Nemesis X

thumb up

Firefly218

It would be a great blockbuster movie for non-game players. At least 90% of the general audience for the movie wouldn't have played the game, and therefore have never experienced the characters or the world.

Agreed though, creatively there's not much new they can add

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Firefly218
It would be a great blockbuster movie for non-game players. At least 90% of the general audience for the movie wouldn't have played the game, and therefore have never experienced the characters or the world.

Agreed though, creatively there's not much new they can add
This movie can still do well like I am Legend, if directed properly and stays true to the story-related elements of the game. It has potential.

Kazenji
I've read the creator of the game will be working with Sam Raimi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.