Lucy vs Chronicle TK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Lucy at 99% power.

vs

(Chronicle Movie) Andrew Detmer

Lestov16
Lucy should handily take this. Way more versatile powerset, and she was TKing various cars while driving through Paris (or was it Berlin?), so she should have a similar power output. She's definitely faster.

KingD19
TKing cars isn't comparable to flinging a city bus with ease. When Andrew was still hurt, dazed and confused a shockwave from him sent like 15 cop cars out of his way all at once.

Time Immemorial
I remember his durability being off the chart as well. He could also fly.

marwash22
is this strictly a TK battle?

i haven't seen "Lucy", btw, just wanted it clarified for those who can argue it.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by marwash22
is this strictly a TK battle?

i haven't seen "Lucy", btw, just wanted it clarified for those who can argue it.

Typical one on one, nothing special, all powers applicable.

marwash22
well, based on what I've heard about Lucy, this is spite.

Robtard
Andrew vomits while getting a BJ, he's outclassed here.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard

I dunno man, he was pretty uber and off the charts, durability alone makes him a easy contender.

KingD19
Yeah. As long as they're expecting an attack, they can be pretty much invulnerable(to a degree) against physical trauma. Like they were taking buses to the face and walking it off.

Also their flight is at least supersonic.

But if Lucy has her other powers, I don't think Andrew has a defense against her manipulating his mind and stuff.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. As long as they're expecting an attack, they can be pretty much invulnerable(to a degree) against physical trauma. Like they were taking buses to the face and walking it off.

Also their flight is at least supersonic.

But if Lucy has her other powers, I don't think Andrew has a defense against her manipulating his mind and stuff.

Yea I guess mind rape is an easy way out for the fight.

KingD19
Lucy just has a whole lot of options and while her power output isn't near Andrews nor her durability, her versatility makes things far more in her favor.

Lestov16
TBF, Lucy's TK isn't anything to scoff at either. While it may have not been more powerful onscreen, it was certainly more versatile. Also, at the end of the film, she was outright duplicating matter

EDIT: She's at 99%, oh yeah she rapes

KingD19
Well TK and duplicating matter aren't really interchangeable so that's a moot point.

But how was it shown to be more versatile? Andrew individually plucking all 8 legs from a spider while leaving the body intact. They also showed off some pretty insane skill feats like throwing a baseball and curving it 90 degrees at full speed, and Steve got clocked in the head with it but he had his shield up so he was okay.

There was also the talent show where Andrew used "magic" and showed off a great finesse use of his powers.

I'm not arguing that Andrew would win as Lucy at 99% is unfair. I'm pointing out that his TK is better and in a TK to TK fight he'd win.

Time Immemorial

I'm not arguing that Andrew would win as Lucy at 99% is unfair. I'm pointing out that his TK is better and in a TK to TK fight he'd win.

If 99% is unfair, what % would be fair? 60%? Considering Andrew was uber, I would have thought it would have not been fair to giver her most of her brain power.

FrothByte
All powers included wouldn't be fair. Lucy could simply knock out Andrew with a thought. She's also telepathic, near omniscient actually, so Andrew would find it hard to out maneuver her.

If it was a strictly TK battle then it would be more interesting, with Andrew probably winning.

Lestov16
Well TK and duplicating matter aren't really interchangeable so that's a moot point.

But how was it shown to be more versatile? Andrew individually plucking all 8 legs from a spider while leaving the body intact. They also showed off some pretty insane skill feats like throwing a baseball and curving it 90 degrees at full speed, and Steve got clocked in the head with it but he had his shield up so he was okay.

There was also the talent show where Andrew used "magic" and showed off a great finesse use of his powers.

Duplicating matter is far more powerful than normal TK, is the point I was making.

She was creating invisible walls to trap people and freezing them in place. She was also knocking hallways full of people unconscious with a handwave. Why would Andrew be immune to this? And if you're going to say Andrew blows up her head or something first, please show him use that application of power in the film.

and no, having a baseball chucked at your head does not require more reflexes than speeding at over 100 mph down Parisian streets on the wrong direction, making perfect maneuvers, and split-second TKing other speeding cars out of the way. Lucy is way faster. This is not debatable.

I highly doubt Lucy would have trouble with the magic show feat, considering she's far smarter

Nah. Lucy would blink and he would be unconscious, just like the people in the hallway. his TK may have manipulated more mass, but her TK is more capable of manipulating people. Lucy will trump Detmer in a pure TK battle

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard

So all she has to do is give him a BJ, and then she wins...so does he actually

Utrigita
He will die a happy man.

KingD19
Originally posted by Lestov16
Duplicating matter is far more powerful than normal TK, is the point I was making.

She was creating invisible walls to trap people and freezing them in place. She was also knocking hallways full of people unconscious with a handwave. Why would Andrew be immune to this? And if you're going to say Andrew blows up her head or something first, please show him use that application of power in the film.

and no, having a baseball chucked at your head does not require more reflexes than speeding at over 100 mph down Parisian streets on the wrong direction, making perfect maneuvers, and split-second TKing other speeding cars out of the way. Lucy is way faster. This is not debatable.

I highly doubt Lucy would have trouble with the magic show feat, considering she's far smarter

Nah. Lucy would blink and he would be unconscious, just like the people in the hallway. his TK may have manipulated more mass, but her TK is more capable of manipulating people. Lucy will trump Detmer in a pure TK battle

Duplicating matter isn't even an aspect of Telekinesis in the first place. Which is why I wasn't sure why you brought it up. Duplicating matter is matter manipulation.

There's no reason to think Andrew couldn't do the same thing with the finesse and skill he showed. He was just so deranged toward the end he was more focused on using brute force than actual skill. And nowhere did I say he was immune to her collapse attack, hell I even pointed out in one of my first posts that with her other powers she could attack his mind.

As for dropping the guys in the hall, that's what I was saying. What proof is there that was TK? It seemed more like she directly attacked their minds with telepathy or bodies or something, because iirc she used TK in that same scene to move stuff around, not just make people fall.

Andrew didn't get hit with the ball. He threw it full speed and curved it while in flight at a perfect angle to hit Steve. And I wasn't aware that showing feats of skill with TK was a contest. But making perfect maneuvers on the street isn't as fast as controlling a lightning bolt to strike someone dead.

And what does Lucy have to do with the magic show? Again I was pointing out that the Chronicle TK can be used in more ways than simply flinging shit around.

But to make this perfectly clear to you, I never said Andrew would win in a battle against this Lucy. 99% with most of her powers? Give me a break.

But TK to TK, Andrew has more power and a helluva lot of control and know how. He could counter if not simply overpower most of the TK she showed.

Daisy Roberts
Lucy

theTANTALIZER
Lucy can manipulate matter, energy, the world's technology, time and space. he is so screwed.

Lestov16
Duplicating matter isn't even an aspect of Telekinesis in the first place. Which is why I wasn't sure why you brought it up. Duplicating matter is matter manipulation.

There's no reason to think Andrew couldn't do the same thing with the finesse and skill he showed. He was just so deranged toward the end he was more focused on using brute force than actual skill. And nowhere did I say he was immune to her collapse attack, hell I even pointed out in one of my first posts that with her other powers she could attack his mind.

As for dropping the guys in the hall, that's what I was saying. What proof is there that was TK? It seemed more like she directly attacked their minds with telepathy or bodies or something, because iirc she used TK in that same scene to move stuff around, not just make people fall.

Andrew didn't get hit with the ball. He threw it full speed and curved it while in flight at a perfect angle to hit Steve. And I wasn't aware that showing feats of skill with TK was a contest. But making perfect maneuvers on the street isn't as fast as controlling a lightning bolt to strike someone dead.

And what does Lucy have to do with the magic show? Again I was pointing out that the Chronicle TK can be used in more ways than simply flinging shit around.

But to make this perfectly clear to you, I never said Andrew would win in a battle against this Lucy. 99% with most of her powers? Give me a break.

But TK to TK, Andrew has more power and a helluva lot of control and know how. He could counter if not simply overpower most of the TK she showed.

TBF, Lucy suffered MASSIVE PIS/CIS. Without it, I doubt anybody short of Doc Manhattan could stop her.

carver9
Lucy stomps but Andrew was shaking the entire city during his rage at the end. He is hellava powerful.

jaden101
I've a feeling some of you are forgetting what she was capable of at 99%
http://youtu.be/i_HZWgH8fsE

http://youtu.be/6TcxQg-bIsE

http://youtu.be/yarp4vgY7FM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.