The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
ZSzeFFsKEt4

Estacado
Cant wait!

ares834
The last ME film... Very sad (even if we got two more films then we should have).

quanchi112
A conclusion to a great franchise. I have very high hopes for this film. I was disappointed by the second one save a few scenes.

Firefly218
I hope this one is good.

BruceSkywalker
looks good

Time Immemorial
I hope they pay for waking him up.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
ZSzeFFsKEt4

Can't flipping wait. LoTR and now The Hobbit are one of my favorite film series.

Lord Lucien
I don't think I can get any more underwhelmed.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't think I can get any more underwhelmed.

Why do you hate Hobbits and black people so much?

tang3li2
I've been a fan of LOTR and watch the trilogy, but sometimes i missing those scene and the story, and somehow this "Hobbit" trilogy is giving back the memories of it.

Inhuman
Cant wait for this .

also wish they kept the old title. "From there and back again", but i get that they are trying to let the audience know this movie is action packed.

Esau Cairn
Oh another cgi battle sequence...yawn

Zack Fair
I loved the 2nd movie. Can't fkn wait. This is going to be awesome.

Impediment
The Hobbit trilogy has been padded and inflated beyond forgiveness. I'm not too thrilled for the conclusion after seeing the first and second films, even if we get to see the final battle of the five.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
The Hobbit trilogy has been padded and inflated beyond forgiveness. I'm not too thrilled for the conclusion after seeing the first and second films, even if we get to see the final battle of the five.

Lies and assholery

Lestov16
Meh. I got GoT. I don't need this crappy ass ME story anymore stick out tongue

Flyattractor
All I wanna see is how they pad out the killing of Smaug verses the lackluster way it happened in the book.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lestov16
Meh. I got GoT. I don't need this crappy ass ME story anymore stick out tongue Read a book you illiterate negro.

Robtard
That doesn't make sense. Maybe you should have called him "ignorant".

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Read a book you illiterate negro. He can't.

laughing out loud

shahbazzz
my favourite movie

ares834
iVAgTiBrrDA

"Leave Sauron to me."

eek!

Time Immemorial
looks kick ass

BruceSkywalker
trailer looks kick ass

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Oh another cgi battle sequence...yawn
This basically sums up how I'm feeling about these movies now. They look like f#cking video games. And unless there is a solid 30 or 40 minutes of Gollum in the new one, I'll be in no hurry to suffer another 3 hours.

jaden101
Saw it last night. Decent effort but I've never been a massive fan of Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit. The rescue of Gandalf by Galadriel, Saruman and Elrond is the best bit by a long way.

I'm also failing to see where the 5 armies come from. There's an Elf one. A dwarf one and the orc one but the rabble of humans from Laketown can hardly be called an army and unless you consider the fact that the orc army is split into two as two separate armies then by my count there's only 3 actual armies.

Still. I'll give it a 6/10. Would be more but Peter Jackson obviously doesn't grasp the concept of 'less is more'

ares834
The Five armies in the book were humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Wargs.

The Wargs though are very different then they are in the films which presents them as little more than Orc mounts.

Robtard
I thought the great Eagles were one of the five and the evil forces were considered as one, you could be right though

Gadabout
The five armies were

Humans
Elves
Dwarves
Orcs
Eagles

ares834
Perhaps. Although I doubt their were enough eagles to constintute an army. By contrast their were tons of wargs and wargs were their own society who had allied with the goblins.

But who really knows. The evil forces could just as easily been lumped together.

quanchi112
I will be seeing this tomorrow and will give a quick review on here. Love these films. Sad to see them go. Hopefully, WB works out a deal so we get so see tore Tolkien films under Peter Jackson.

quanchi112
Just got back from seeing it. Pretty solid film and many great moments. I had some minor gripes as I have had in the past from previous Jackson Lotr films but all in all a ton of action. I won't really go into details, obviously.

Lord Lucien
The other two Hobbit films were pretty bad, but f*ck, this last one was head and shoulders deeper in to suck.

Firefly218
Easily the best Hobbit film. It was soooo good, the stupidly overdone CGI didn't bother me as much this time.

Estacado
The ending scene where Gandalf took a seat and started smoking made me lulz.

Lord Lucien
Hands down the best part of the film was Alfred. That guy was an unapologetic c*nt, and I loved it.

Estacado
Am I the only one who was kinda dissapointed with the lack of magic use by Gandalf?
Saruman fought like a boss.
Similar scenes with Gandalf would have been cool.

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

I enjoyed it a lot. I felt that the story was well written and well acted. All of the beats where the action is concerned is well worth it and spot on. Just two gripes. the first is Gandalf should have done magic a lot but thats what the extended cut is for smile .... the only other gripe i have is this should have been the same running time as the others big grin . I would recommend this film to others.. I give this 8/10

quanchi112
Gandalf used the same kinds of magic in the other films. Saruman as the white version was just better than Gandalf the grey. Gandalf's powers and formidability have always been greatly exaggerated here by some.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gandalf used the same kinds of magic in the other films. Saruman as the white version was just better than Gandalf the grey. Gandalf's powers and formidability have always been greatly exaggerated here by some.

Saruman completely outclasses Gandolf as usual

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Saruman completely outclasses Gandolf as usual Azog was awesome in the film. I loved when he knocked Gandalf down in Desolation and laughed at him.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

I enjoyed it a lot. I felt that the story was well written and well acted. All of the beats where the action is concerned is well worth it and spot on. Just two gripes. the first is Gandalf should have done magic a lot but thats what the extended cut is for smile .... the only other gripe i have is this should have been the same running time as the others big grin . I would recommend this film to others.. I give this 8/10

Best movie yet, very moving.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Hands down the best part of the film was Alfred. That guy was an unapologetic c*nt, and I loved it. thumb up He along with Thranduil and to a lesser extent Dain were the only redeemable qualities in this film. Bilbo wasn't bad so much as he just... wasn't there.

But yeah, pretty terrible film. I'd be disappointed but the last two were ass as well, so my expectations were tempered.

NemeBro
Why was it terrible, iyo?

The_Tempest
Martin Freeman & Christopher Lee rule, but this trilogy has been just decent at the very best imo. A far far far cry from LOTR.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Martin Freeman & Christopher Lee rule, but this trilogy has been just decent at the very best imo. A far far far cry from LOTR.
This is about right. no expression

NemeBro
Martin Freeman & Christopher Lee rule, but this trilogy has been just decent at the very best imo. A far far far cry from LOTR. I'd agree.

I often forget that Blax has terrible taste in films.

Tzeentch
But I loved Man of Steel.

NemeBro
Man of Steel isn't a film. It's Mankind's destiny.

Tzeentch
So is our love.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why was it terrible, iyo? He is terrible for believing it to be terrible. May he stew in his own terribleness.

Lord Lucien
Martin Freeman & Christopher Lee rule, but this trilogy has been just decent at the very best imo. A far far far cry from LOTR. thumb up

Eletara
Wonderful exciting movie!

Daisy Roberts
Pretty good movie, but I like LOTR more)

Kazenji
These movies are returning back to the cinema as EXTENDED EDITIONS

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/extended-editions-of-the-hobbit-trilogy-are-heading-to-theaters-this-fall-196

ares834
Jesus Christ. facepalm

They should release an "abridged" version instead. I'd love to see that in theaters. smile

quanchi112
I saw this the other day. **** that.

Kazenji
The Extended version of Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Will Be R-Rated

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/25/the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-extended-edition-is-r-r/

Esau Cairn
These movies are returning back to the cinema as EXTENDED EDITIONS

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/extended-editions-of-the-hobbit-trilogy-are-heading-to-theaters-this-fall-196

Jack$on learning from Luca$.

Kazenji
Well he already did it with the LOTR trilogy, But at least those didn't get a cinema run.

Ghoulio
It was epic. Much better than the first 2 hobbits and the first lotr. I still think lotr 2 and 3 were better though.

ares834
Originally posted by Ghoulio
Much better than the first 2 hobbits and the first lotr.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif

quanchi112
Check this gem out the director himself admits as much.

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=7760.0

Lotr and the spinoff went downhill thank heavens for Harry Potter. I'm always friggin right.

Robtard
LoL, Herochat. Anywho.

The Hobbit not being as good as LoTR in quality isn't some new revelation, quano. Most people who've seen all the films will tell you this. Welcome to 2014.

StiltmanFTW
The Extended version of Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Will Be R-Rated

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/25/the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-extended-edition-is-r-r/

Is it out yet?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Is it in yet?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Kazenji
Jackson says he "Winged it" with the Hobbit trilogy

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/peter-jackson-says-he-winged-it-with-the-hobbit-trilogy-247

Patient_Leech
^ Hm.. well that's interesting and certainly explains a lot.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, Herochat. Anywho.

The Hobbit not being as good as LoTR in quality isn't some new revelation, quano. Most people who've seen all the films will tell you this. Welcome to 2014. The article shows he wasn't even prepared. Shame, shame. Harry Potter >Lotr. Way to go Peter Jackson.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Is it out yet?

Well, I watched it yesterday, so yes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Well, I watched it yesterday, so yes.

How good is the extended version, exactly?

I remember RotK extension was extremely long and rich. Around 30 minutes, including new scenes and extended ones.

From what I read, TBofFA ev has only 20 minutes of new material?

Ascendancy
30 extra minutes of Legolas defying every imaginable law of physics. I heard he pulls the fabric of space-time out from beneath some orcs in one of the scenes and they fall backwards into a black hole which Legolas then uses as an inkwell to write tales of his greatness.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.