Question about Toriko...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
I started watching the first volume based off of the rave reviews I've been hearing. The English dialog for the most part has been mindnumbingly cheesy and as of right now the series as a whole seems pretty "meat-headish". Is this series worth continuing, does it get better or does it pretty much stay the same throughout?

Any input is appreciated.

Esomark
I can only vouch for the manga and it's apparently the way to go according to what I've seen a lot of big Toriko fans have said. I haven't seen the anime but I might watch it in the future.

Toriko does exude a lot of testosterone but in between the battles are long arcs of world building and exploration similar to One Piece and Hunter x Hunter so it's more masculine rather than macho. I do wish there were more female characters who get the spotlight, though. It's not in a "I wanna see some ****" way but in that it would be a nice change of pace after constantly seeing muscle bound males beating the snot out of each other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.