Dsentry/Voidtry Vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Fight takes place on earth, both are blood lusted with no holding back/no mental inhibition.

Insane Titan
Odin stomps

Cosmic_Beings
Odin somewhat more powerful and would win after a half decent fight

the Darkone
Odin will rage stomp his a$$, Odin isn't DA MM at all. The All Father will beat SentryVoid so bad, the void itself will beg for death.

quanchi112
Void wins.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Board Walker
Fight takes place on earth, both are blood lusted with no holding back/no mental inhibition.

Don't really know if this is relevant to thread as such but Sentry has gained a new feat in UA #22 (showing he can lift Exitar himself without aid) and manage to fly pretty fast while doing so.

http://gyazo.com/e2139da21566bbdec6ee79f0e96e5624

DarkSaint85
LIES!!!

Rogue helped with 90% of that, using the Hulk's strength!!!

bbrem123
hahahaha

well that proves it

sentry is wayyyy stronger then every hero on earth

bbrem123
i wonder what is going trough exitar's head during all of this

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by bbrem123
i wonder what is going trough exitar's head during all of this

Right now he is sitting in the White Hot Room (well his life energies.)

He might be p'd off with his body being desecrated.

bbrem123
so did that issue just come out?

how did he get to the white hot room?

One_Angry_Scot
so did that issue just come out?

how did he get to the white hot room?

Yeah it was released just today. No idea how he travelled to the White Hot Room though, only going off of what Robert said.

bbrem123
ahh ok gotcha thumb up

Board Walker
Odin would have never been abld to do that.

bee14ish
Jesus, this guy just keeps on getting more powerful. What's next, mind-raping Galactus?

The Sorrow
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't he basically just pushing the Celestials lifeless body? What makes that so impressive? I could see Thor or Hyperion doing that.

krisblaze
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't he basically just pushing the Celestials lifeless body? What makes that so impressive? I could see Thor or Hyperion doing that.
I know right? It's dead!

Be it Hulk or Hyperion, anyone should be able to do that.

bbrem123
yea would like to see the pages leading up to that feat.

What happened to everybody not being able to stop exitar?

was every marvel hero unable to stop a dead celestial's movement?

Enzeru
yea would like to see the pages leading up to that feat.
What happened to everybody not being able to stop exitar?
was every marvel hero unable to stop a dead celestial's movement?

This is literally the only page Sentry appeared on in UNCANNY AVENGERS #22:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108566/3996963-uncanny+avengers+022-015.jpg

He flew the body of a dead celestial into space. That's the feat. People were smaller than ants in comparison to Exitar and Sentry moved that mass easily up.

But that's not even the stuff people should be concentrating on, when it comes to that showing.
What's far more interesting is that the Sentry says that Exitar's energies went to the White Hot Room. He said the same for the Void, which opens so many questions:

1. With Sentry feeling / sensing Exitar's energy in the White Hot Room, does that now mean that the Sentry is capable of sensing energies across dimensions / universes?
2. Is the Void a separate entity again like in the Sentry Volumes 1 + 2?
3. Did the Void enter the White Hot Room (which is the dimension Phoenix and its host live in) under his own power for the jiggles?
4. Is all of the White Hot Room talk really a thing, or is it just a part of Sentry's crazyness?

One_Angry_Scot

Pushing a lifeless body yes, but it's still Exitar body and it's weight still stands. Regardless of whether he "died" or not. And I doubt Thor or Hyperion could do it. Wasn't it originally the idea that they needed the power of every hero on Earth to lift Exitar? If Thor or Hyperion could do that why not send them? I don't see any difference in how his body suddenly loses weight because he is dead. The feat still stands in my opinion and is an amazing one at that.

iceman24567
Odins wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Pushing a lifeless body yes, but it's still Exitar body and it's weight still stands. Regardless of whether he "died" or not. And I doubt Thor or Hyperion could do it. Wasn't it originally the idea that they needed the power of every hero on Earth to lift Exitar? If Thor or Hyperion could do that why not send them? I don't see any difference in how his body suddenly loses weight because he is dead. The feat still stands in my opinion and is an amazing one at that.

erm

No one is saying that Exitar no longer weights a lot, I'm sure he does, his body is the size of a planet but there's no need to be dumb.

They didn't need the power of every hero on Earth and then some to stop Exitar because he's very big and thus very heavy. They needed it because he's a f*cking Celestial. Any of the more stronger characters should be more capable of Sentry's feat such Thor/Hulk/Hyperion. Maybe not so effortlessly and at such speeds but whatever.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

No one is saying that Exitar no longer weights a lot, I'm sure he does, his body is the size of a planet but there's no need to be dumb.

They didn't need the power of every hero on Earth and then some to stop Exitar because he's very big and thus very heavy. They needed it because he's a f*cking Celestial. Any of the more stronger characters should be more capable of Sentry's feat such Thor/Hulk/Hyperion. Maybe not so effortlessly and at such speeds but whatever.

True, perhaps I was a bit forthright with what I said to be honest. It was more because the way he wrote his message seemed to belittle the feat. When Sentry has been in UA #22 described as the one along with Rogue temporarily to stop Exitar. Also in that scan Sentry was glowing so perhaps he absorbed a tiny bit of power? Who knows.

celeyhyga17
Odin would have never been abld to do that.
Do what exactly?

Branlor Swift
It can be assumed Exitar is a planetary mass dead. However Sentry doing that to his dead body has no bearing on when Exitar was alive descending. Sentry didn't suddenly get over twice as strong.

Not that they overpowered Exitar or anything but at least then he was actively descending while levitating. Also what Rage said.

And holy shit is Remender's Avengers books retarded. He's pretty much Bendising over everything

tkitna
Don't really know if this is relevant to thread as such but Sentry has gained a new feat in UA #22 (showing he can lift Exitar himself without aid) and manage to fly pretty fast while doing so.

http://gyazo.com/e2139da21566bbdec6ee79f0e96e5624

I think that's a pretty beastly feat. Its true Exitar is just dead weight now, but he's still as big as the planet. Sentry just flew him away at speed with barely to no effort at all. Not a beat all feat, but still pretty cool.

Odin wins by the way.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It can be assumed Exitar is a planetary mass dead. However Sentry doing that to his dead body has no bearing on when Exitar was alive descending. Sentry didn't suddenly get over twice as strong.

Not that they overpowered Exitar or anything but at least then he was actively descending while levitating. Also what Rage said.

And holy shit is Remender's Avengers books retarded. He's pretty much Bendising over everything

Like I said to Rage I did go a bit overboard. But anyway I never mentioned it making him twice as stronger. It was already stated on panel that Sentry either equalled or exceeded the strength of every hero on Earth by stopping Exitar when he was descending.

Branlor Swift
Like I said to Rage I did go a bit overboard. But anyway I never mentioned it making him twice as stronger. It was already stated on panel that Sentry either equalled or exceeded the strength of every hero on Earth by stopping Exitar when he was descending.

If you assume it was the same type of "weight" then Sentry would have needed to be like twice as strong at least to pull that off. He can't just go from barely halting Exitar with someone his equal or greater to just flying him at extreme speeds without a care in the world if we assume equal "mass", unless you're saying he got an extreme bump in strength.
Is what I meant by saying he didn't get twice as strong.

Though it'd be a neat game to play to figure out his weight in that arc considering his size and him being far denser than anything in the solar system.

And on another note oddly enough Sentry is somehow the most interesting thing in Uncanny Avengers.

One_Angry_Scot
If you assume it was the same type of "weight" then Sentry would have needed to be like twice as strong at least to pull that off. He can't just go from barely halting Exitar with someone his equal or greater to just flying him at extreme speeds without a care in the world if we assume equal "mass", unless you're saying he got an extreme bump in strength.
Is what I meant by saying he didn't get twice as strong.

And on another note oddly enough Sentry is somehow the most interesting thing in Uncanny Avengers.

This was how I was figuring it, when Rogue found out she was absorbing everyone's powers and she went up there to "stop" Exitar she was under the impression that she was the sole person who was going to be there to do that. So when she tries in vain and she shouts "It's not enough Steve" that kind of gives the impression that she had no idea.

You then get Stark saying how the plan has failed and that Exitar is still sinking (which again shows that Cap didn't tell everyone except form Thor and Wasp, who when they went back in time would be in the Akkaba nebula like in UA #15). So when Cap says he knew that's obviously implying he knew Rogue wasn't there to stop Exitar in anyway she was a placeholder until someone who could stop Exitar i.e Sentry arrived.

So when he came along and he stopped Exitar Stark says "whoever Wasp has holding that other foot "They've stopped the celestial's descent" so he isn't referring to Rogue obviously the person who arrived was capable as Stark just stated it.

If it was Rogue+Sentry propping up Exitar he would've said "Whoever Wasp has holding that other foot that person and Rogue have stopped the Celestial" which he obviously didn't say, which gives more credence to the fact that the Sentry was the one to stop him.

So I don't think he received a jump in power at all. Combined with the fact when at the time Exitar was descending and if you remember last time that happened not even Hulk could hold him back. So if anything Sentry holding Exitar when he descended again proves his strength.

Or alternatively when he was glowing orange he may have absorbed some power from Exitar but that's just a theory to chuck around.

Branlor Swift
Are you implying Sentry could have stopped/did stop Exitar by himself?

Also I'm not going to explain again the "Twice the strength" thing. So... yeah.

carver9
This was how I was figuring it, when Rogue found out she was absorbing everyone's powers and she went up there to "stop" Exitar she was under the impression that she was the sole person who was going to be there to do that. So when she tries in vain and she shouts "It's not enough Steve" that kind of gives the impression that she had no idea.

You then get Stark saying how the plan has failed and that Exitar is still sinking (which again shows that Cap didn't tell everyone except form Thor and Wasp, who when they went back in time would be in the Akkaba nebula like in UA #15). So when Cap says he knew that's obviously implying he knew Rogue wasn't there to stop Exitar in anyway she was a placeholder until someone who could stop Exitar i.e Sentry arrived.

So when he came along and he stopped Exitar Stark says "whoever Wasp has holding that other foot "They've stopped the celestial's descent" so he isn't referring to Rogue obviously the person who arrived was capable as Stark just stated it.

If it was Rogue+Sentry propping up Exitar he would've said "Whoever Wasp has holding that other foot that person and Rogue have stopped the Celestial" which he obviously didn't say, which gives more credence to the fact that the Sentry was the one to stop him.

So I don't think he received a jump in power at all. Combined with the fact when at the time Exitar was descending and if you remember last time that happened not even Hulk could hold him back. So if anything Sentry holding Exitar when he descended again proves his strength.

Or alternatively when he was glowing orange he may have absorbed some power from Exitar but that's just a theory to chuck around.

The machine went out before Hulk did. Exitar was temporarily stopped. Doesn't matter though since neither Hulk or Sentry could fully stop Exitar on their own.

Branlor Swift
Hulk wasn't even the power source of the machine anyway. All he did was hold a sparking plug in into a socket. Literally nothing Hulk did supplied power in anyway to halt Exitar. He just kept it "on"

And then he died by Exitar indirectly killing him. So... yeah use that timeline of events.

carver9
Yeah...I honestly didn't understand that showing. A lot of people have different interpretation of it.

Branlor Swift
A lot of people understood it while you admittedly don't have the slightest clue about it.

So keep bringing it up and discussing it at every chance.

quanchi112
A lot of people understood it while you admittedly don't have the slightest clue about it.

So keep bringing it up and discussing it at every chance. laughing out loud

One_Angry_Scot
Hulk wasn't even the power source of the machine anyway. All he did was hold a sparking plug in into a socket. Literally nothing Hulk did supplied power in anyway to halt Exitar. He just kept it "on"

And then he died by Exitar indirectly killing him. So... yeah use that timeline of events.

The second feat is not I have to say as good. I mean it was empty and no force was being put down onto Sentry so perhaps it was easier for him to do lift Exitar the 2nd time although you have to admit it was still a decent showing how he can fly around carrying him like that.

I have to say after the point you made about the 1st feat I am kind of conflicted, I'll explain why. I fully accept that Rogue took a part in stopping him in some shape or form temporarily. But my problem is whether Rogue was just a placeholder or did she assist and how much so, the only reason I am in 2 minds is because in UA 22 Rogue crashes to the ground while the Sentry was holding the celestial still. But I do agree with the premise of what you said.

psycho gundam

So keep bringing it up and discussing it at every chance. rolling on floor laughing

carver9

So keep bringing it up and discussing it at every chance.

Reread the thread and see who brought it up. Like I've stated, people have different interpretation of the showing...Bran, you broadcasted yours. You can have the last word buddy. I'm done with this topic.

As for the thread. Odin stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Reread the thread and see who brought it up. Like I've stated, people have different interpretation of the showing...Bran, you broadcasted yours. You can have the last word buddy. I'm done with this topic.

As for the thread. Odin stomps. How does Odin win ?

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does Odin win ?

By being more powerful.

quanchi112
By being more powerful. Void can reform and defeat him. I also disagree that Odin is more powerful than the Sentry.

carver9
Void can reform and defeat him. I also disagree that Odin is more powerful than the Sentry.

So you have proof that Sentry can reform from attacks on Odin level?

What has Sentry done that puts him on Odin level?

quanchi112
So you have proof that Sentry can reform from attacks on Odin level?

What has Sentry done that puts him on Odin level? I have proof he can reform after being completely destroyed. Odin can't do worse than that.

Overpowered the MM, resurrected the dead, reality warping, etc.

Odin grows weak and needs the obi sleep whereas the Sentry doesn't have this weakness and unlike Odin can reform from complete destruction.

the Darkone
Odin wins easily

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin wins easily How ?

Branlor Swift
The second feat is not I have to say as good. I mean it was empty and no force was being put down onto Sentry so perhaps it was easier for him to do lift Exitar the 2nd time although you have to admit it was still a decent showing how he can fly around carrying him like that.

I have to say after the point you made about the 1st feat I am kind of conflicted, I'll explain why. I fully accept that Rogue took a part in stopping him in some shape or form temporarily. But my problem is whether Rogue was just a placeholder or did she assist and how much so, the only reason I am in 2 minds is because in UA 22 Rogue crashes to the ground while the Sentry was holding the celestial still. But I do agree with the premise of what you said. I never said it wasn't a decent feat. Exitar is still a planetary sized being with ultra dense armor. The problem is that he did not stop Exitar by himself and it isn't as good of feat flying a dead weight Exitar around as it is stopping Exitar.

Why would we do anything but assume that Rogue contributed at least half of the force needed? Like, what could you even twist to come to this conclusion?
And Rogue crashed into the ground after Sentry flew off. That's not indicative that suddenly Sentry solely accomplished this after Exitar died and because she flew off after he died and Sentry flew off.

Also this. As you can tell, I started playing with the editing tools.
http://i62.tinypic.com/ohn4ft.jpg

Basically Sentry times two stopped Exitar's descent. That's what was needed there. Sentry himself could lift the weight if that's all it was, but it wasn't.

As for the thread. Odin stomps. "So stop bringing it up and discussing it at every chance"

Those are separate things. Because apparently you think I'm simple enough to not understand that you didn't bring it up, but you figure you should just ignore that you were discussing it. You know Question mark should follow.

Though the "last word" thing is retarded. This isn't some sort of debate here that I need to get the last word in, because I'd surely need that to pull the wool over anyone's eyes who read a debate between you and me. This is just you admitting that out of all the things on the planet, the Hulk/Exitar thing is the thing you understand the least of all, and me saying you should probably stop talking about it.

"After all this time, I don't have a ****ing clue about this feat when I should be at the height of understanding due to the time lapsed between then and now. Also, here I am currently talking about said feat, and here's some other times - when I somehow had less understanding about it - where I talked about it.

Hulk was involved I know that, so naturally it was a great feat relevant to Exitar himself... so I'll go with that."

One_Angry_Scot
I never said it wasn't a decent feat. Exitar is still a planetary sized being with ultra dense armor. The problem is that he did not stop Exitar by himself and it isn't as good of feat flying a dead weight Exitar around as it is stopping Exitar.

Why would we do anything but assume that Rogue contributed at least half of the force needed? Like, what could you even twist to come to this conclusion?
And Rogue crashed into the ground after Sentry flew off. That's not indicative that suddenly Sentry solely accomplished this after Exitar died and because she flew off after he died and Sentry flew off.

Also this. As you can tell, I started playing with the editing tools.
http://i62.tinypic.com/ohn4ft.jpg

Basically Sentry times two stopped Exitar's descent. That's what was needed there. Sentry himself could lift the weight if that's all it was, but it wasn't.

"So stop bringing it up and discussing it at every chance"

Those are separate things. Because apparently you think I'm simple enough to not understand that you didn't bring it up, but you figure you should just ignore that you were discussing it. You know Question mark should follow.

Though the "last word" thing is retarded. This isn't some sort of debate here that I need to get the last word in, because I'd surely need that to pull the wool over anyone's eyes who read a debate between you and me. This is just you admitting that out of all the things on the planet, the Hulk/Exitar thing is the thing you understand the least of all, and me saying you should probably stop talking about it.

"After all this time, I don't have a ****ing clue about this feat when I should be at the height of understanding due to the time lapsed between then and now. Also, here I am currently talking about said feat, and here's some other times - when I somehow had less understanding about it - where I talked about it.

Hulk was involved I know that, so naturally it was a great feat relevant to Exitar himself... so I'll go with that."

I never said that you said it was not a good feat, in fact I admitted that it wasn't as good a feat as the 1st one. So we agree there no need to continue that point.

This is where we disagree. Again like I said I am not saying Sentry entirely helped and Rogue didn't but I was just questioning Rogues involvement. Like I said before there was a cabal of 3 (Thor,Wasp and Cap) who knew of the Sentry assisting while nobody else did. That's why Rogue was half the equation. She was there to slow down not stop Exitar till Sentry arrived (but Cap didn't tell Rogue that) so that's why when Rogue failed she said it wasn't enough as she believed her objective was to stop Exitar when it wasn't. The fact that Cap said he knew Rogue was going to fail kind of shows they were waiting for some muscle to actually stop him. So Sentry arrived and Exitar was stopped completely. I am of the belief that Sentry contributed more to stopping Exitar than Rogue did. Not to say she had no involvement either as like I said she was slowing him down not stopping him. The only thing to say is I am not sure if Rogue contributed hugely, medium amount or small amount.

Yet again you are making an assumption. I never said that Rogue crashing to the ground was indicative of her having no involvement. Just not as much as Robert did. If they made up both the same strength as you say to hold Exitar. Why wasn't Sentry at least showing a sign of exhaustion.

Branlor Swift
I never said that you said it was not a good feat, in fact I admitted that it wasn't as good a feat as the 1st one. So we agree there no need to continue that point.

This is where we disagree. Again like I said I am not saying Sentry entirely helped and Rogue didn't but I was just questioning Rogues involvement. Like I said before there was a cabal of 3 (Thor,Wasp and Cap) who knew of the Sentry assisting while nobody else did. That's why Rogue was half the equation. She was there to slow down not stop Exitar till Sentry arrived (but Cap didn't tell Rogue that) so that's why when Rogue failed she said it wasn't enough as she believed her objective was to stop Exitar when it wasn't. The fact that Cap said he knew Rogue was going to fail kind of shows they were waiting for some muscle to actually stop him. So Sentry arrived and Exitar was stopped completely. I am of the belief that Sentry contributed more to stopping Exitar than Rogue did. Not to say she had no involvement either as like I said she was slowing him down not stopping him. The only thing to say is I am not sure if Rogue contributed hugely, medium amount or small amount.

Yet again you are making an assumption. I never said that Rogue crashing to the ground was indicative of her having no involvement. Just not as much as Robert did. If they made up both the same strength as you say to hold Exitar. Why wasn't Sentry at least showing a sign of exhaustion. I don't get what Rogue being ignorant is supposed to prove. All it means is that she gives it everything she's got. She was left in the dark, that's all.

It's literally stated that she's half the equation. How about we start at her doing half?

And Rogue failed because she was only half strong enough to stop Exitar while she was trying the full feat by herself. Sentry would have failed just as spectacularly. Rogue was fighting against the entire force for a time. Sentry was only ever wrassling with half the force. If you somehow want to cut out Rogue's involvement.

Her crashing to the ground is absolutely meaningless though. It's a completely irrelevant observation that has no bearing on anything.
And Rogue didn't show exhaustion either, she just tried really hard. Just like Sentry did. As soon as they weren't needed, no more exertion was needed since nothing was actively fighting them. And apparently the equal of Rogue at the time was capable of easily lifting said dead weight.

And Rogue crashed to the ground because their were hundreds of voices in her head anyway. And again, this happened after Exitar was dealt with.
http://i61.tinypic.com/2qsqmah.jpg

This reminds me so much of Superman fans though. It's not enough that a feat is ridiculous on its own. No, twists and turns and off panel "never said" statements have to be applied as well to dress it up.
It's not enough that Sentry is as strong as almost every hero rolled up into one being, no, it has to go beyond that. Sentry is stronger than that being, maybe by far. Let's diminish the involvement of the person with Hyperion, Wonder Man, and Hulk's strength and hundreds of others because Sentry was shown in three pages in two comics.
And this is also funny considering this is far and away Sentry's best strength feat of its own merits, yet it's being dressed up to be better than it actually is.

Just take the feat for what it is. Sentry being equal to hundreds of heroes. That's good enough right there. erm

One_Angry_Scot
I don't get what Rogue being ignorant is supposed to prove. All it means is that she gives it everything she's got. She was left in the dark, that's all.

It's literally stated that she's half the equation. How about we start at her doing half?

And Rogue failed because she was only half strong enough to stop Exitar while she was trying the full feat by herself. Sentry would have failed just as spectacularly. Rogue was fighting against the entire force for a time. Sentry was only ever wrassling with half the force. If you somehow want to cut out Rogue's involvement.

Her crashing to the ground is absolutely meaningless though. It's a completely irrelevant observation that has no bearing on anything.
And Rogue didn't show exhaustion either, she just tried really hard. Just like Sentry did. As soon as they weren't needed, no more exertion was needed since nothing was actively fighting them.

And Rogue crashed to the ground because their were hundreds of voices in her head anyway. And again, this happened after Exitar was dealt with.
http://i61.tinypic.com/2qsqmah.jpg

This reminds me so much of Superman fans though. It's not enough that a feat is ridiculous on its own. No, twists and turns and off panel "never said" statements have to be applied as well to dress it up.
It's not enough that Sentry is as strong as almost every hero rolled up into one being, no, it has to go beyond that. Sentry is stronger than that being, maybe by far. Let's diminish the involvement of the person with Hyperion, Wonder Man, and Hulk's strength and hundreds of others because Sentry was shown in three pages in two comics.

I was just making some points about my opinion about what happened on a page of a comic book. And you continuously seem to accuse me of belittling Rogue. I don't know if you harbour a vendetta against people who disagree with things you say but I am just making my point. Every time I say something you overblow it and make out as if I am saying Rogue done nothing in UA which to the contrary is completely wrong.

Yes she was left in the dark like I mentioned and explained. Sure she was half the equation when I offered my opinion on that you compare me to Superman fanboys (wonder if you would care to mention which Superman fans you are speaking of) because you don't like what I am saying. I don't see the need for you to resort to that to be honest. If you that vehemently disagree fine that's it we move on, but don't resort to ad hominem attacks because you disagree with someone else's opinion.

psycho gundam
Exitar was moving itself down with a lot of force (not falling) and that's the difference here

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Exitar was moving itself down with a lot of force (not falling) and that's the difference here

Sure like I said to Branlor, the 1st feat was more impressive. The 2nd one was not as much but still quite good. But he seems to be accusing me of saying Rogue had absolutely no involvement which wasn't what I said.

Branlor Swift
To put a couple feats in perspective though, Rogue had Hyperion's strength stacked on top of many other beings.

Hyperion alone stopped a planet bigger than Earth moving at half of lightspeed, instantly.
Exitar's force being exerted was too much for Rogue. Who not only had Hyperion's strength, but Hulk's as well, as well as Hulk's amping abilities. Nothing more needs to be stated of Hulk.

So it was evidentially far more than planetary force they were pushing against, since for all of the power Rogue acquired, it was only half of the force necessary to accomplish the goal.

Sentry flying off Exitar's likely way more than planetary weight body is completely minor in comparison to stopping his descent considering Hyperion alone should be capable of just flying him off. Though that's not to say that's a minor feat, just nothing to compare to the stopping.

Also, Exitar alone is enough to say the feat was grand. But the added benefits of all the heroes raises the bar.

Branlor Swift
I was just making some points about my opinion about what happened on a page of a comic book. And you continuously seem to accuse me of belittling Rogue. I don't know if you harbour a vendetta against people who disagree with things you say but I am just making my point. Every time I say something you overblow it and make out as if I am saying Rogue done nothing in UA which to the contrary is completely wrong.

Yes she was left in the dark like I mentioned and explained. Sure she was half the equation when I offered my opinion on that you compare me to Superman fanboys (wonder if you would care to mention which Superman fans you are speaking of) because you don't like what I am saying. I don't see the need for you to resort to that to be honest. If you that vehemently disagree fine that's it we move on, but don't resort to ad hominem attacks because you disagree with someone else's opinion. Meh.

I'm not under the assumption that you think Rogue had no involvement. I'm under the assumption that you're downplaying Rogue's involvement to pump up Sentry when nothing would indicate that in the comics. Sentry did half. Rogue did half. To assume otherwise would be falling into a dangerous game.

I'm not comparing you to Superman fanboys. Though nothing needs to be said of who. I'm comparing your overblowing the feat and subsequent logic to what they do.

Basically:
"It's not enough"

The feat doesn't need to be better in other words. There's no need to argue that it is even if their were strong implications or a statement about a PC planet.

Are you yourself better than Superman fanboys IYO? If yes, then there's no need to use their logic. That statements only as offensive as you wish it to be.

It really seems as if you're reading more than what's being said here. If I had something to say, believe me it'd be quotable.

One_Angry_Scot
Meh.

I'm not under the assumption that you think Rogue had no involvement. I'm under the assumption that you're downplaying Rogue's involvement to pump up Sentry when nothing would indicate that in the comics. Sentry did half. Rogue did half. To assume otherwise would be falling into a dangerous game.

I'm not comparing you to Superman fanboys. Though nothing needs to be said of who. I'm comparing your overblowing the feat to what they do.

Basically:
"It's not enough"

The feat doesn't need to be better in other words. There's no need to argue that it is even if their were strong implications or a statement about a PC planet.

Believe me I'm not pumping up the Sentry to make a point. If I wanted to I could have done so by saying Sentry done the lifting and Rogue was just there to look good. Perhaps through my wording it may seem that way. But like you said in the post above this one I am replying to (not sure if it was to me or not) Hyperion strength was used along with Hulks perhaps not all considering his abilities. I was just saying that the Sentry may have had more sway due to how the comic was written and how Remender put emphasis on parts of the comic. Believe me it was never my intention to do either of the things you mention there. If it comes across that way it's purely through the wording of the comment.

In my opinion if I were to big up a character to make him/her more impressionable that wouldn't be a honourable debating technique, it's dishonest and would indicate you have no evidence. Again apologies if it came off incorrectly.

bbrem123
So in the end Sentry is no less then equal to all of those heroes combined.

It was not clearly shown what happen during that feat so we cant really dismiss rogue involvement.

eaebiakuya
I have proof he can reform after being completely destroyed. Odin can't do worse than that.

He can affect his mind and his soul. He can win without using phisical powers.

krisblaze
We don't know how super-strength stacks for Rogue. She was definitely powerful, but I don't see how this would put her anywhere near Odin's class.

Stacking the high feats of the characters that rogue absorbed and then putting that as equal to Sentry's power is a hell of a slipperly slope.

bbrem123
im just going by the context. They make it quite obvious that she is every hero combined.

Sentry matched that at the least. That is all im saying.

krisblaze
im just going by the context. They make it quite obvious that she is every hero combined.

Sentry matched that at the least. That is all im saying.

Yes, but having the power of every hero isn't the same as having all of their highest feats stacked on top of eachother.

We also don't know how those powers stack.

Tony Stark
I have proof he can reform after being completely destroyed. Odin can't do worse than that.

Overpowered the MM, resurrected the dead, reality warping, etc.

Odin grows weak and needs the obi sleep whereas the Sentry doesn't have this weakness and unlike Odin can reform from complete destruction.

yes

Odin dies

The Sorrow
Wasn't it stated that they basically used Sentry to get him off planet? Also I thought most of the heroes were killed by Exitar? Sentry was basically pushing dead weight in that scan, not an active descent and Exitar seemed to be nearly planetary size. Good feat but not amazing or beyond other top strong guys.

Sentry has always been hax, but even the first feat of him helping Rogue slow Exitars descent has been made to be more than what it was imo.

bbrem123
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes, but having the power of every hero isn't the same as having all of their highest feats stacked on top of eachother.

We also don't know how those powers stack.

What?

go by the context man. That is all that needs to be done here.

bbrem123
Wasn't it stated that they basically used Sentry to get him off planet? Also I thought most of the heroes were killed by Exitar? Sentry was basically pushing dead weight in that scan, not an active descent and Exitar seemed to be nearly planetary size. Good feat but not amazing or beyond other top strong guys.

Sentry has always been hax, but even the first feat of him helping Rogue slow Exitars descent has been made to be more than what it was imo.

As of now all we can chalk it up to is that Sentry is at least equal to every hero combined. As describe and shown in the comics.

I dont see how you anything else can be taken from that feat. People are reaching if they do.

krisblaze
What? go by the context man. That is all that needs to be done here.
My comment was mainly in response to Bran's about Rogue having Hyperion's strength, and how that included the whole pushing back planets/universes.

The comic says that Rogue absorbs the powers of the remaining heroes and does half the work, deathry does the other half.

I still don't think this is grounds for equaling deathry's powers with all of earth's remaining heroes.

To me it seemed like the discussion was going something along the lines of "Deathry stopped half a celestial/is as powerful as all the heroes on earth, and half a celestial is more powerful than Odin, so deathry wins."

One_Angry_Scot

Now I have to say after having a look at the comic again I was wrong to suggest Rogue had no involvement. It is true that even though Rogue wasn't told about Sentry she was still there to make up half of the power needed. I will admit that. One point I will make is that to stop Exitar Sentry either needed to equal the power of every hero on Earth or exceed it (now I am not suggesting which is which just making the observation) as if he hadn't equalled Rgue having the power of every hero then Exitar would have sunk.

With the 2nd feat I agree with you there as well. Like I was saying to Branlor lifting a lifeless wreck is a good feat but not as good as defending against something of Exitars size descending on you. But I will admit after rereading the comic I do agree with you. The 1st feat hey had was much more impressive.

Killemall
Sentry is very strong but Odin is way more powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
He can affect his mind and his soul. He can win without using phisical powers. Based on ?

This is going to get very physical and Sentry's powers coupled with his ability to survive complete destruction makes this unquestionably his fight.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by krisblaze
My comment was mainly in response to Bran's about Rogue having Hyperion's strength, and how that included the whole pushing back planets/universes.

The comic says that Rogue absorbs the powers of the remaining heroes and does half the work, deathry does the other half.

I still don't think this is grounds for equaling deathry's powers with all of earth's remaining heroes.

To me it seemed like the discussion was going something along the lines of "Deathry stopped half a celestial/is as powerful as all the heroes on earth, and half a celestial is more powerful than Odin, so deathry wins." I never stated anything about universes.

Just that with the casualness of "yeah I'll stop this planet two feet from Earth" then simply stopping a planet moving slowly should be within reach for Rogue.

All they did was halt his descent. Although huge that doesn't amount to being half of his actual power. Hell both Rogue and Sentry initially rammed Exitar's foot at high speeds and did no damage in the least. If Exitar would have say did something offensive like threw a downwards punch I've no doubt both Sentry and Rogue together would have been shattered by it had they chose to ram it.

krisblaze
I never stated anything about universes.

Just that with the casualness of "yeah I'll stop this planet two feet from Earth" then simply stopping a planet moving slowly should be within reach for Rogue.

All they did was halt his descent. Although huge that doesn't amount to being half of his actual power. Hell both Rogue and Sentry initially rammed Exitar's foot at high speeds and did no damage in the least. If Exitar would have say did something offensive like threw a downwards punch I've no doubt both Sentry and Rogue together would have been shattered by it had they chose to ram it.

I'm not trying to accuse you of fronting that terrible argument, I just wanted to call it out because it looked like that's where the sentry-gang was going smile

psycho gundam
As of now all we can chalk it up to is that Sentry is at least equal to every hero combined. As describe and shown in the comics.

I dont see how you anything else can be taken from that feat. People are reaching if they do. Not exactly. He could have supplied just enough to overcome it's decent with Rogue providing possibly like 90% of the load or whatever.

Just cause it looked like it was equal isn't so cause Celestials can remain balanced when they concentrate, and just like when they're not concentrating or dead, they can fall or be counted as dead weight.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials05.jpg

Mr Master
So Exitar's body weighs as much as a planet?

I thought Gladiator could move planets out of their orbital system?

Is that the same thing? I don't know much about cats on this level.

eaebiakuya
Based on ?

This is going to get very physical and Sentry's powers coupled with his ability to survive complete destruction makes this unquestionably his fight.

Based on him having enough TP power to give a fight to Galactus in that plane.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Mr Master
So Exitar's body weighs as much as a planet?

I thought Gladiator could move planets out of their orbital system?

Is that the same thing? I don't know much about cats on this level. His dead weight body alone should weigh at the very least as much as a planet considering that's the Earth he's in:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2e14n51.jpg

Considering how dense his armor is, it stands to reason he'd weigh a lot more.

Gladiator could probably move Exitar's body. But he couldn't stop Exitar if Exitar was descending under his own power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Based on him having enough TP power to give a fight to Galactus in that plane. That wasn't enough to beat Galactus either. Void wins. Odin can't put him down. Void has the power to defeat him.

Board Walker
Odin has no solution for putting Dsentry/Voidtry down, Sentry is just going to keep coming back. Odin will eventually tire while the sentry will not, and the Sentry could arguably demolecularize Odin.

Sentry manipulated Molecule Man's molecules, it could be argued that Sentry could also manipulate Odin's molecules and in turn demolecularize him.

krisblaze
Odin has no solution for putting Dsentry/Voidtry down, Sentry is just going to keep coming back. Odin will eventually tire while the sentry will not, and the Sentry could arguably demolecularize Odin.

Sentry manipulated Molecule Man's molecules, it could be argued that Sentry could also manipulate Odin's molecules and in turn demolecularize him.

Why could it be argued that he could manipulate Odin's molecules? Odin's different from Molecule Man, and he certainly doesn't suffer the same weak mentality as Dark Reign Owe smile

Could Odin also not kill Wolverine because he regenerates?

He certainly defeated the enchanters even though they can exist without bodies.

bbrem123
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Not exactly. He could have supplied just enough to overcome it's decent with Rogue providing possibly like 90% of the load or whatever.

Just cause it looked like it was equal isn't so cause Celestials can remain balanced when they concentrate, and just like when they're not concentrating or dead, they can fall or be counted as dead weight.

So going by that it could be the other way around as well. Sentry could have been pushing 90% and Rogue 10%.

The context made it pretty clear he was at least rogues equal.

Sentry didn't seem to be staining to badly with the weight either.

krisblaze
So going by that it could be the other way around as well. Sentry could have been pushing 90% and Rogue 10%.

The context made it pretty clear he was at least rogues equal.

Sentry didn't seem to be staining to badly with the weight either.

He was smiling when Thor bashed his brains to smithereens.

I don't think Sentry feels much of anything anymore xD

Mr Master

His dead weight body alone should weigh at the very least as much as a planet considering that's the Earth he's in:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2e14n51.jpg
Holy! So, everyone on Earth is dead in Marvel? I'm out the loop.

Considering how dense his armor is, it stands to reason he'd weigh a lot more.
How dense is it? It seemed pretty empty when Thor was flying around in it, or have things' changed? (remember, I'm kinda lost)

The outer layer was hard to crack though I recall.

Gladiator could probably move Exitar's body.
But he couldn't stop Exitar if Exitar was descending under his own power.
thumb up

One_Angry_Scot

How dense is it? It seemed pretty empty when Thor was flying around in it, or have things' changed? (remember, I'm kinda lost)

The outer layer was hard to crack though I recall.

thumb up

Nah that part was retconned with time travel with Thor cutting Exitars neck with assistance of Sentry and Rogue. All back to normal now.

Branlor Swift

How dense is it? It seemed pretty empty when Thor was flying around in it, or have things' changed?

The outer layer was hard to crack though I remember.

thumb up Time travel shenanigans means it never happened.

Sentry/Rogue rammed it at high speeds and didn't put a dent in it. It stands to reason that something that durable/hard/dense would weigh more than conventional matter like rock or shit comparatively sized.
Rogue at the time had the power of hundreds of heroes (Hulk, Wonder Man, Hyperion, etc), and Sentry was around as powerful apparently.

But anyway, Exitar was no less empty than a normal human is.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic/FF400_28.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic/FF400_33.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic/FF400_34.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic/FF400_37.jpg

Seems all this shit would add up in weight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.