Grievous vs. Savage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nalaniel
Who wins?

carthage
Peak Grievous takes Savage out

Emperordmb
I'd side with Grievous here. Faster and more skilled than Savage.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb

thumb up

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Lord Stark
Probably the General given he can dodge Savage's TK.

DARTH POWER
Savage >/= Ventress > Fisto > Grievous.

Savage wrecks Grievous with one of his Beastly Force TK Waves.

King Joker
Savage.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Ok Fisto's respective performance against Ventress and Grievous had largely to do with his fighting style, and Grievous has improved noticeably since the beginning of the Clone Wars.

Fated Xtasy

Meanwhile Savage had trouble with Obi and got his arm cut off by Obi-Wan who was using two sabers, Grevious has the advantage of four sabers and if this is ROTS Grevious then he's already dueled on par Mace Windu. Grevious takes this with some difficulty

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Meanwhile Savage had trouble with Obi and got his arm cut off by Obi-Wan who was using two sabers, Grevious has the advantage of four sabers and if this is ROTS Grevious then he's already dueled on par Mace Windu. Grevious takes this with some difficulty

Nope. Savage beat Adi Gallia, Plo Koon and Ventress. As for having trouble with Obi-Wan, he's also beaten Obi-Wan. Whilst ROTS Grievous got really stomped by Obi-Wan. Plus the time Obi-Wan beat Opress, Opress couldn't use his Beast ly Force Wave without hitting Maul. Grievous can have as many lightsaber as he wants, One mean Force wave and he's floored and disarmed of all of them.

Fated Xtasy
Nope. Savage beat Adi Gallia, Plo Koon and Ventress. As for having trouble with Obi-Wan, he's also beaten Obi-Wan. Whilst ROTS Grievous got really stomped by Obi-Wan. Plus the time Obi-Wan beat Opress, Opress couldn't use his Beast ly Force Wave without hitting Maul. Grievous can have as many lightsaber as he wants, One mean Force wave and he's floored and disarmed of all of them.

Lol. First off didn't Savage have to be extremely pissed to do that Force wave? Second off Neither Gallia or koon can be compared to Windu - remember Grievous managed to combat Mace's Vaapad. If Savage has had trouble with Kenobi with the help of Maul. How is he going to best someone whose dueled on Par with Kenobi in the TCW series and nearly killed him in ROTS? Which is a superior version of Obi-Wan.

DARTH POWER
Lol. First off didn't Savage have to be extremely pissed to do that Force wave?

LOL He must be "Extremely Pissed" in almost every fight he's in then.

Second off Neither Gallia or koon can be compared to Windu -

Can Fisto? Because he stomped Grievous.

Greivous is no match for Windu. LOL In fact every time Windu has had space he's stomped Grievous in one Force TK Move- Obsession and Clone War Mini cartoon.

remember Grievous managed to combat Mace's Vaapad.

LOL Mimicking Vapaad won't help him when he's being Force crushed.

If Savage has had trouble with Kenobi with the help of Maul.

LOL Kenobi STOMPED ROTS Grievous. Don't know what kind of argument you're trying to make here but it's failing on all levels.

How is he going to best someone whose dueled on Par with Kenobi in the TCW series and nearly killed him in ROTS? Which is a superior version of Obi-Wan.

Firstly I highly doubt ROTS Kenobi is better than the Kenobi who took on Maul and Opress. Secondly Opress has beaten Kenobi, and taken on Kenobi and Skywalker together in the past.

Next- Almost killed Kenobi in ROTS? LOL Talk about fanboyism. Kenobi completely stomped ROTS Grievous in Sabers and then Force smacked him so hard Grievous ran like a b****

In fact every time Kenobi uses the Force on Griveous in TCW, Grievous runs like a B****

And Opress has displayed Force Waves far beyond Kenobi. I might give Grievous a pure Saber fight. Maybe... But even that I'm not confident in doing considering Grievous lost a pure Saber fight to Ventress, and was clearly losing to Fisto.

Opress wins 8-9/10. Grievous might get lucky in Sabers by surprising Opress once or twice.

NewGuy01
Scan.

Also, the miniseries was retconned by LoE.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Scan.

Also, the miniseries was retconned by LoE.

LOE has been retconned by the new canon laws. Or didn't you hear about the whole Legends vs Official Canon thing.

So either talk about all previous canon sources, or just stick to Official.

Mace chucked a fighter on Grievous crushing him in Obsession. He also crushed Grievous chest in 1 move in the clone war mini.

In TCW Grievous gets defeated every time Kenobi force pushes him. He also got floored by Koth force pushing him. So no way he's standing up to a TK Beast like Opress.

NewGuy01
That makes no sense, though. I am inclusive of all Legends material, but when faced with contradicting content the newest comes first, that's how it's always been.

Otherwise, Old Wounds would also be taken into consideration.

Fated Xtasy
I'll post my response tommorow. DARTH POWER.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That makes no sense, though. I am inclusive of all Legends material, but when faced with contradicting content the newest comes first, that's how it's always been.

Otherwise, Old Wounds would also be taken into consideration.

Legends includes all previously C-Canon material. Contradictions were a big part of old canon which is why Legends has been scrapped from official canon.

And your the first person I've heard arguing that the CW Mini is rendered non canon by LOE. I've heard people arguing the CW Mini was exaggerated or contradicts TCW show slightly, but I never heard anyone say it was outright Non-Canon in the old canon rules.

Besides if there is a contradiction, the cw mini series would take precedent as Lucas was involved with that one. It's not always a case of newer means better. Plus your completely ignoring the other time Mace crushed Grievous with TK in Obsession without even engaging Grievous in Saber combat. You're also ignoring the point that much less powerful Jedi have defeated Grievous via TK.

Oh and "Old Wounds" was never C-Canon even in the old rules. It was N-Canon, as in Non Continuity Canon, as in not in continuity even with the old canon.

And besdies if you want to chuck out the clone war mini series, then you certainly are not doing Grievous any favors, considering that's where all his best feats were from. Without the mini series Grevious has never defeated any Jedi Council Members (as far as I'm aware) whilst Opress has, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that Greivous can Tank and/or Dodge Force attacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.