Interstellar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
UXchuwKcGg0

if there was a thread made in this section then merge it, I did do a search.

Lestov16
I am really looking forward to this. Probably a potential Oscar winner, which is why it's getting a winter release (besides the draw of a winter box office (ex. Avatar)).

Robtard
Yeah, saw this preview a few months back (forget which film I was watching); it piqued my interest; looking forward to it.

quanchi112
Another possible huge victory to my actor, Matt M. Called it.

BruceSkywalker
can't wait to see this Nov. 7th.

Kazenji
The hell.... from Warner Bro's with that trailer, No longer available

they're the ones who released it, Stop trolling people WB

Rt2LHkSwdPQ

jinXed by JaNx
didn't they already make this movie with Dennis Quad and Martin Short?

Kazenji
Can see you didn't bother to watch the trailer or even up on the movie.

Quincy
Early reviews are coming out, buzz seems pretty lackluster.

Robtard
Well that's disappointing. Still watching this opening night or weekend.

Quincy
A buddy of mine picked up tickets for the IMAX crazy bonkers wild theater. Hopefully that makes up for the film potentially being subpar

Lestov16
Based on what I read, we get to see wormholes, black holes, and light speed. In Imax 3D. I can't wait to see this. Even if the plot is below expectations (although it seems to be exactly what I expected) the visuals will be satisfactory enough.

jaden101
Depends on what reviews you read.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/11174967/Interstellar-first-look-review-close-to-a-masterpiece.html

Time Immemorial
I'm gonna see it, it looks moving.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
Depends on what reviews you read.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/11174967/Interstellar-first-look-review-close-to-a-masterpiece.html

Nipple hardening.

Time Immemorial
Movie is gonna be great, I don't care what Kaz says.

BruceSkywalker
i couldn't care less wat dumb ass ignorant critics say.. will be seeing this..

Quincy
Seems to be pretty polarizing in the sense that Nolan's directing is wonderful and it's gorgeous but the story itself just like blahhhhhhhhhh

Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case. But even for the trailers released I haven't been excited for this as I have his last flicks.

Time Immemorial
Looks better then gravity at least.

Quincy
Did you see Gravity?

Robtard
I did; it was meh. The very beginning was great visually, the first two action-disaster scenes were good; then it turned into: 'Oh look, she has yet another obstacle in her way but she's a strong woman despite her personal losses and we will hear her roar. Damn it. We. Will. Hear. Her. Roar!', nonsense marathon.

By the 3rd act of the film, I was rooting for space to win.

Quincy
Yeah I can't imagine it being as enjoyable without the 3D and being in the theater.

Robtard
I did see it at home and while a theater would have definitely enhanced the visuals, the story after about 40-45mins was just more-of-the-same.

No 3-D though, don't care for it at all.

If it makes you feel better, Bullock was still sexy and I'd enjoy having sexy-time with her. I don't feel the same about McConaughey.

Quincy
Right right, I think what raised the stakes about the plot itself were indeed the visuals and being shot for 3D and all that. It actually took some time to get used to, really scary feeling like you're floating there all unhinged. My girlfriend was almost having a panic attack.

But I haven't seen it since so

Robtard
Silly girlfriend

jaden101
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Looks better then gravity at least.

For me, that's not difficult. I thought Gravity was terrible. Visually good but otherwise utter shit. Baffles me why it was as lauded as it was.

This seems more the antithesis of Prometheus. More about where humanity is going than where it began. Hopefully it tackles the big themes far more effectively than that did though.

Patient_Leech
Looking forward to seeing this, but trying not to get too caught up on the hype, because I really wasn't all that crazy about Inception or The Dark Knight Rises. But like jaden said, hopefully it will be a good antithesis to Prometheus. I certainly don't expect it to be as dark and foreboding..

Lestov16
Prometheus sucked massive ass, and Gravity was just a lame excuse "survival" plot so we could get an hour-and-a-half shot of Earth from orbit. At least the space shots in Interstellar will definitely be more mind-blowing, even if the plot is flat.

dynamix
thank god my KMC fam can see Gravity for what it is. I too can't understand the acclaim it got besides the pretty cinematography.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Can see you didn't bother to watch the trailer or even up on the movie.

Come on man, you know how i like to roll, by now wink

To be honest though, i'm excited to see the movie but it's not one that has peaked my interest more than any other movies as of late. Wooderson is the man but i'm calling it now...,this performance will luster in the presence of a Dicaprios', Wolf of Wall Street or Keatons, Birdman. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but i've been burned on sci-fi flicks so much and with the inundation of, Wooderson,as of late it just looks like more of the same to me. I'll reserve my final judgement until viewing though. I plan on seeing this and gone girl this weekend along with, Wick.

Darth Martin
Well.....I thought this sucked. Thus is coming from someone who considers Nolan probably the best director at the moment. The story is as bad as some of the critics are saying, there isn't anything that is visually mindblowing here either. Only reason to see this are sone of the dramatic scenes with McConaughey. The sound was so loud that I had trouble hearing the dialogue. Just a very, very poor movie-going experience overall.

And yes, Gravity and Prometheus were alot(emphasis on this) better.

Patient_Leech
^ damn

I might start lowering expectations.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Well.....I thought this sucked. Thus is coming from someone who considers Nolan probably the best director at the moment. The story is as bad as some of the critics are saying, there isn't anything that is visually mindblowing here either. Only reason to see this are sone of the dramatic scenes with McConaughey. The sound was so loud that I had trouble hearing the dialogue. Just a very, very poor movie-going experience overall.

And yes, Gravity and Prometheus were alot(emphasis on this) better.

Well I was never too excited about the story. Just want to know if the black hole/wormhole scenes are worth the Imax price

Patient_Leech
I just like a solid space adventure.. is it at least that?

Quincy
Jokes on me, I'm stuck going to see this tomorrow

dadudemon
I can't wait to see this. I love serious space exploration sci-fi!!!!! big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

As long as the effects are good, the acting is passable, and the story is average, I'll probably love it. I'm like the KMC poster, Evil Face (his thing is old B-horror movies from the 50s-90s), when it comes to serious space exploration sci-fi stuff: I even enjoy the bad ones.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
when it comes to serious space exploration sci-fi stuff: I even enjoy the bad ones.

I'm kind of the same... I love sci-fi space adventure.

BruceSkywalker
Im seeing this in imax so cannot wait.. I know Nolan will not disappoint.. he hasn't yet and most likely never will

Time Immemorial
I blame Kaz for this movie sucking. Seems every movie he previews ends up bad for us, and the ones he previews for himself, he don't even like.

Placidity
Saw the trailer a while ago, didn't see the appeal.

Nolan overrated.

Time to leave the thread, ha!

Kazenji
I blame Kaz for this movie sucking. Seems every movie he previews ends up bad for us, and the ones he previews for himself, he don't even like.

Keep trying, Douchebag.

Time Immemorial
Keep trying, Douchebag.

Why are you mad bro?

Kazenji
Why have you got such a Fascination for me?, Supra the second coming.

Time Immemorial
Why have you got such a Fascination for me?, Supra the second coming.

Because I find you interesting. Is that so hard to believe.

Kazenji
Yeah....go on, Keep playing dumb when all the instances you've trolled me randomly in threads.

Time Immemorial
Yeah....go on, Keep playing dumb when all the instances you've trolled me randomly in threads.

You take it to personal, it is possible to just have a good time without getting hussy. After all why not have fun?

Kazenji
Yeah...keep going, Keep playing dumb about it.

Patient_Leech
^ Grow up, kids.

I saw this tonight and it sucked pretty goddamn hard. Sucked in just about every way possible. There are some good ideas in it, which is what's frustrating, but it was dragged out too long with too much unnecessary fluff and shaky cam. As much as Nolan tries to make you care about the characters, I just didn't really. I just felt like all the fun of sci-fi space exploration was zapped out of it, probably largely due to the style of cinematography, which I thought sucked.

Highly disappointing. I'd say 4/10.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Grow up, kids.

erm

Seriously?

can't help it if that douchbag is trolling me on this forum.

Time Immemorial
erm

Seriously?

can't help it if that douchbag is trolling me on this forum.

No one is trolling you, quit being paranoid.

Time Immemorial
^ Grow up, kids.

I saw this tonight and it sucked pretty goddamn hard. Sucked in just about every way possible. There are some good ideas in it, which is what's frustrating, but it was dragged out too long with too much unnecessary fluff and shaky cam. As much as Nolan tries to make you care about the characters, I just didn't really. I just felt like all the fun of sci-fi space exploration was zapped out of it, probably largely due to the style of cinematography, which I thought sucked.

Highly disappointing. I'd say 4/10.

I'm sad to hear this, I'm still gonna go see it to try and give it a positive review.

Kazenji
Reported.

Time Immemorial
Reported.

Oh god

Esau Cairn
Oh god

You're getting a spanking!

I just don't know if u consider that a treat or a punishment? smokin'

Esau Cairn
I just felt like all the fun of sci-fi space exploration was zapped out of it, probably largely due to the style of cinematography, which I thought sucked.

How much of the movie focussed on the space exploration?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You're getting a spanking!

I just don't know if u consider that a treat or a punishment? smokin'

Well from Kaz its both evil face

I think well break him one day to join in on the laughs, he's still being a dandy though.

Esau Cairn
Well from Kaz its both evil face

German film crew on standby.

Time Immemorial
Have you seen the Op movie? Im gonna see it tomorrow, I really hope to be impressed.

Esau Cairn

I think well break him one day to join in on the laughs, he's still being a dandy though.

Robots can't laugh.
They can only post links, point out human's mistakes & rate things out of 10.

Time Immemorial
Robots can't laugh.
They can only post links, point out human's mistakes & rate things out of 10.

Damn, I never thought about that.

He sent me a trashy PM today as well.

Scythe
I'm kinda surprised to hear this sucked. Still plannin' on renting it at one point.

Patient_Leech
How much of the movie focussed on the space exploration?

Just an estimation, but maybe about 40-50% of the movie takes place in space. But even the "space exploration" is pretty dull because they actually focus more on relativity and the passage of time difference due to the black hole, which becomes integral to the plot. A really stupid thing about the plot: NASA is perfectly capable of finding out about a planet's capacity to support life without landing on the planet.That's a big part of the plot.

He cuts back and forth all the time between space and a mundane corn field and somehow we're supposed to care about saving earth and the people on it. Jessica Chastain is not a particularly likeable actress to me and there really were not any impressive visuals. But then again I never have thought of Nolan as much of a visual direction. More of a conceptual director. His cinematography on this blows: zoom in too close and shake the camera. Not many good establishing shots to help orient you, which then makes it difficult to get absorbed into the film.

But hey, don't let me ruin it for ya. Some people might still enjoy it. But it definitely ain't my cup of tea.

dadudemon
Just an estimation, but maybe about 40-50% of the movie takes place in space. But even the "space exploration" is pretty dull because they actually focus more on relativity and the passage of time difference due to the black hole, which becomes integral to the plot. A really stupid thing about the plot: NASA is perfectly capable of finding out about a planet's capacity to support life without landing on the planet.That's a big part of the plot.

He cuts back and forth all the time between space and a mundane corn field and somehow we're supposed to care about saving earth and the people on it. Jessica Chastain is not a particularly likeable actress to me and there really were not any impressive visuals. But then again I never have thought of Nolan as much of a visual direction. More of a conceptual director. His cinematography on this blows: zoom in too close and shake the camera. Not many good establishing shots to help orient you, which then makes it difficult to get absorbed into the film.

But hey, don't let me ruin it for ya. Some people might still enjoy it. But it definitely ain't my cup of tea.

I'm going to see this, tonight. We haven't disagreed on a movie, yet. But if you're wrong about this and I love the shit out of it, I'm going to go straight to your house and punch you in the taint.

Robtard
But even the "space exploration" is pretty dull because they actually focus more on relativity and the passage of time difference due to the black hole, which becomes integral to the plot.

So time dilation?

Reminds me a little of "The Forever War", where the protagonist leaves earth and travels faster-than-light; to him, only a handful of years has passed, but on Earth decades or sometimes centuries have ticked away by the time he returns.

Patient_Leech
...if you're wrong about this and I love the shit out of it, I'm going to go straight to your house and punch you in the taint.

laughing

I would suggest saving your money for later and cheaper showings, but hey, do as you must. stick out tongue I would also suggest seeing John Wick instead. It's a much more focused and enjoyable piece of entertainment.

Oh, btw: it's almost 3 hours long and a pacing nightmare. I'm sure there is a much better 2-hour version of this movie somewhere on the editing room floor.

Quincy
This was not good.

Lestov16
Wow. Only got a 74% on RT (Inception got 86%). I was expecting this film to be far, far better, especially since this was originally a Spielberg film. I'll still give it a shot.

Also I am extremely surprised that Big Hero 6 got a bigger opening BO. I thought Interstellar would be this year's Avatar.

jaden101
So. Interstellar.

It's an interesting concept but you get the distinct feeling Nolan bit off more than he can chew from a scientific point of view. I understand the weak reviews as I'm not sure many will grasp even the rudimentary physics of the film but if you do you can follow it reasonably well. It falls down when it, inevitably, has to simply make stuff up regarding black holes. In this case the one in the film appears to have either been constructed for the purpose of allowing Cooper and TARS to understand gravity and time enough to relay the understanding back to the past to allow Murphy to have humanity or its a natural black hole but the future 'people' have gotten to the point where they can overcome the black hole anyway and save Cooper and TARS from it after they've crossed the event horizon and gotten the data they need to reconcile gravity and quantum mechanics. But if you're going to base and film in scientific fact then have the ultimate explanation something that isn't understood in reality you're gonna have a hard time making it believable.

In the end it seems to me it's a film that the more you understand of it the less you'll enjoy it. Because thematically its relatively weak. Simple motivations of love and survival etc.

Visually it has its moments but like PL says the closeness of the shots diminishes the experience. It only partly succeeds in showing the vastness of space. It fails miserably in making the time dilation feel as impactful as it should. It failed in showing the plight of humanity with any kind of impending dread as nothing seemed much worse when Murphy was older than when she was still a kid. It didn't convey how much of humanity survived, simply that it did.

I don't. Maybe I'm wrong cos physics was never my strong point. Maybe I just never understood the black hole bit enough. Time dilation and worm holes are easy enough. I was never good at the whole brane/bulk extra dimensions stuff though. Maybe you get less enjoyment from it if you only know some of the physics and you'd be better off either knowing nothing and thinking it's a brain busting work of genius or knowing a lot about physics and seeing it as a decent attempt and conveying ththeoretical concepts in a film.

Overall it gets a 5 from me.

I might read up on it a bit and watch it again with a better understanding of some the stuff.

jaden101
Another way to look at it is likel the triangle of traits in a woman. Intelligent, emotionally stable, good looking. Pick 2.

Well Nolan doesn't want to pick 2. He wants realistic science, engrossing narrative and emotional connection to the audience. He ends up in some middle ground where you end up not satisfied with any of them.

zeel
Almost fell asleep during this movie. My buddy steve passed out bout 40 minutes into it hehe. The movie was more on the lines of 2001 a space odessy, it wasn't a thriller like avatar or Independence day. It was basically a cross between the movie Ghost and a sci-fi exploration flick. Movie was unique but nothing special.

this movie is a renter in my book.

ares834
Originally posted by zeel
The movie was more on the lines of 2001 a space odessy, it wasn't a thriller like avatar or Independence day.

Sounds like a good thing.

ericjames
Going to Watch interstellar today....

jaden101
About the closest comparison you can make is the film 'Contact' but that was more successful in marrying a coherent plot, realistic science and emotional resonance than Interstellar is.

Esau Cairn
Sounds like Nolan trying to be M Night Shyamalan?

dadudemon
laughing

I would suggest saving your money for later and cheaper showings, but hey, do as you must. stick out tongue I would also suggest seeing John Wick instead. It's a much more focused and enjoyable piece of entertainment.

Oh, btw: it's almost 3 hours long and a pacing nightmare. I'm sure there is a much better 2-hour version of this movie somewhere on the editing room floor.

I've already seen John Wick. Also, I didn't see this movie, this weekend. We had too much stuff to do. big grin

Quincy
I shit you not, there is a line in this movie where Michael Caine puts on serious face, looks dead into the camera and says "I promise...I will solve Gravity."

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Quincy
I shit you not, there is a line in this movie where Michael Caine puts on serious face, looks dead into the camera and says "I promise...I will solve Gravity."

Uh....daphuq? no expression

It looks like I'm going to pass this up.

Robtard
So. Interstellar.

It's an interesting concept but you get the distinct feeling Nolan bit off more than he can chew from a scientific point of view. I understand the weak reviews as I'm not sure many will grasp even the rudimentary physics of the film but if you do you can follow it reasonably well. It falls down when it, inevitably, has to simply make stuff up regarding black holes. In this case the one in the film appears to have either been constructed for the purpose of allowing Cooper and TARS to understand gravity and time enough to relay the understanding back to the past to allow Murphy to have humanity or its a natural black hole but the future 'people' have gotten to the point where they can overcome the black hole anyway and save Cooper and TARS from it after they've crossed the event horizon and gotten the data they need to reconcile gravity and quantum mechanics. But if you're going to base and film in scientific fact then have the ultimate explanation something that isn't understood in reality you're gonna have a hard time making it believable.

In the end it seems to me it's a film that the more you understand of it the less you'll enjoy it. Because thematically its relatively weak. Simple motivations of love and survival etc.

Visually it has its moments but like PL says the closeness of the shots diminishes the experience. It only partly succeeds in showing the vastness of space. It fails miserably in making the time dilation feel as impactful as it should. It failed in showing the plight of humanity with any kind of impending dread as nothing seemed much worse when Murphy was older than when she was still a kid. It didn't convey how much of humanity survived, simply that it did.

I don't. Maybe I'm wrong cos physics was never my strong point. Maybe I just never understood the black hole bit enough. Time dilation and worm holes are easy enough. I was never good at the whole brane/bulk extra dimensions stuff though. Maybe you get less enjoyment from it if you only know some of the physics and you'd be better off either knowing nothing and thinking it's a brain busting work of genius or knowing a lot about physics and seeing it as a decent attempt and conveying ththeoretical concepts in a film.

Overall it gets a 5 from me.

I might read up on it a bit and watch it again with a better understanding of some the stuff.

Getting the feeling that McConaughey's kid when she's older is the one helping him in the present, or his present.

Like multiple time-lines being shown all at once?

Disappointed you gave it a 5, as we're usually very close in which films we like. Was hoping this was going to be stellar.

Quincy
The movie starts with something so bizarre and out of place that the "twist" at the end is telegraphed 3 hours in advance, and the rest of the movie you just wait for the "reveal."

It's BONKERS.

And then robots show up. All of a sudden, Rust Cohle is talking to a giant black metallic pair of pants.

The film also contains quite possibly the worst monologue this year, in which Anne Hathaway waxes philosophic about love.

Patient_Leech
And then robots show up. All of a sudden, Rust Cohle is talking to a giant black metallic pair of pants.

Lol, yeah, I couldn't take that thing seriously either. It's actually pretty hard to find things that worked well in this movie. I'm trying to, but I can't.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
Getting the feeling that McConaughey's kid when she's older is the one helping him in the present, or his present.

Like multiple time-lines being shown all at once?

Disappointed you gave it a 5, as we're usually very close in which films we like. Was hoping this was going to be stellar.

There is multiple timelines happening at once but it's the opposite of that. Cooper and TARS end passing through an event horizon and in doing so gather the final data needed by the humans on earth to overcome gravity and allow them to more easily get into space in large numbers. They end up in a tesseract constructed by unseen presumably humans from the future. This allows Cooper to pass the information to his young daughter in binary which she thinks is a ghost knocking books off her shelf but is actually Cooper manipulating gravity through time and only realises the significance of when she grows up. Then he gets returned through the worm hole near the end of the film and sees the mission he's part of on its way through the worm hole and attempts to make contact with Anne Hathaway's on the outward bound mission you see earlier in the film and which she thinks is a hand shake. There's a few other details in there about watches and extra dimensions and stuff.

Robtard
Seems almost paradox-like. The only way humanity(if it is humans) survived into that far future where they advanced enough to manipulate space-time was due to Cooper's past actions, but Cooper was only able to survive and pass along the data because of said future humans helping him do so. Though I guess I'm viewing time as a moment-by-moment even and not as if where a film reel where one can look at past, present and future all at once.

Still want to see this, just not dying to anymore. I might even wait until I can watch it at home in a month of so.

Quincy
I saw the film on an IMAX screen, and though it looks really high definition, there was nothing that occured that was like "WOAH IMAX SPACE IS CRAZY."

The standout moment of that was obviously going through the wormhole, which unfortunately was interspered with (non)reaction shots of the astronauts, instead of letting us really see full on.

Weirdly, such crazy stuff is happening to these astronauts and they barely register that they are OUT IN SPACE IN UNCHARTED PLANETS AND GALAXIES.

It's like "Hm...look at that."

wakkawakkawakka
This movie sounds more unimpressive by the hour.

Lestov16
My journalism professor (who occasionally writes reviews) said this movie SUCKED (her words and emphasis exactly).

dynamix

The film also contains quite possibly the worst monologue this year, in which Anne Hathaway waxes philosophic about love.

when i heard that i was like "is this really happening? Is this really part of the script?" definitely one of the corniest thing i've ever heard on film

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
My journalism professor (who occasionally writes reviews) said this movie SUCKED (her words and emphasis exactly).

What do women know though?

#takethatfeminist

Patient_Leech
Christopher Nolan thinks that the Haters Need to Watch The Movie Again.

Well, Mr. Nolan, if you hadn't filmed it so shittily and made it 3 hours long, then perhaps I would consider that, but since it's more of a concept for a book and not a film (a very visual medium mind you), then maybe you should just release a novelization of it. The story and concepts would no doubt play out much better in book form.

Wow. Only got a 74% on RT (Inception got 86%). I was expecting this film to be far, far better, especially since this was originally a Spielberg film. I'll still give it a shot.

74% (or 73%, what it's at now) is WAAAYY too high. That's extremely generous and deceptive quite frankly. When so few of the elements of the film work, that is a ridiculously high score. I tend to agree with jaden in giving it about a 5/10. I'd say it's closer to about 50% success.

About the closest comparison you can make is the film 'Contact' but that was more successful in marrying a coherent plot, realistic science and emotional resonance than Interstellar is.

Contact is a MUCH better film. One of my favorite books, too, btw.

I've already seen John Wick.

See it again. I wish I had, haha.. especially since Interstellar was sort of a birthday gift movie for me.

The movie starts with something so bizarre and out of place that the "twist" at the end is telegraphed 3 hours in advance, and the rest of the movie you just wait for the "reveal."

I don't really fault it for that. That's kind of a common film or literary device. Something else that bothered my friends that I didn't really mind, but I can see where they are coming from was Matt Damon's character doing the whole "crazed space man cliche". And that was actually another problem with the movie: there were too many familiar faces. I mean shit, put a couple relatively unknown people in there. I like Matt Damon actually, but seeing him was just irritating and took me out of that whole sequence, quite frankly.

Yeah, that was poorly done.. an interesting idea, but bad direction.

My opinion: Nolan shouldn't do this kind of visual spectacle science fiction because his style is so conceptual and bland visually. I got really bored with cutting back and forth to the mundane corn field (almost thought I was watching Signs or Field of Dreams), and I was extremely disappointed that most of the space and alternate planet stuff wasn't properly filmed. The great excitement came from docking f#cking space ships like this was Gravity all over again. Oh, that and huge f#cking waves that they stupidly mistook for mountains. That was some really stupid shit.

Lestov16
Wow. I'm just beyond shocked at

A) How bad the reviews are for this thing (I honest to God thought, with Nolan and previously Spielberg attached, that this would be the next 2001 or at least on the level of Contact; it may not even be better than shitty-ass Gravity)

and

B) The fact that Big Hero 6 whooped this film at the box office (as the last space adventure released by a big-name director, Avatar, became the highest grossing film of all time; I was expecting this film to break some kind of BO record).

I am going to be beyond pissed if out of my 4 most anticipated films of the year (Lucy, Transcendence, Godzilla, and Interstellar), Lucy, and not the Nolan space epic, ends up being the best out of them, and it's starting to seem like that will be the case.

Patient_Leech
When was Spielberg attached? It would have been much better had he directed it. Spielberg is at least great with camera movements and visual competence.

Jupiter Ascending is the next space epic I'm excited about. Even though it was delayed, I honestly highly doubt it will disappoint the way this did. But then again I'm also a Wachowsis fan.

Lestov16
From Wikipedia:

I was really looking forward to essentially an IMAX 3D version of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. I'm dumbfounded that that's not what was delivered.

I'm not too excited for Jupiter Ascending, but not because I think it'll be bad, just not my cup of tea. I also enjoy the Wachowski Bros. and I think I'm one of the few who absolutely loved Ninja Assassin.

jaden101
I'm going to see it again tomorrow and now that I have what happens in the final half hour clear in my head I might enjoy it a bit more. It'll still suffer from not being able to tie the separate elements of the film together that I mentioned previously. It could be made better by giving more focus to the context of humanity's peril by showing some world wide problems and showing the huge numbers of deaths caused by the food shortages.

There is some irreconcilable issues though. The planet with the waves. 1. Why would the ever think a planet on the edge of a black hole would be remotely suitable to save humanity? 2. A planet next to a black hole would be ripped apart. 3. Even forgoing that fact, if it managed to not be destroyed then it would be in a locked orbit much like our moon is and 1 side would constantly face the black hole so you wouldn't get waves moving across the planet as it rotated cos it wouldn't be rotating. 4. They know that gravity makes time relative so time on one side of the planet would pass differently than on the other so they couldn't settle there in any large numbers anyway.

Patient_Leech
...I also enjoy the Wachowski Bros. and I think I'm one of the few who absolutely loved Ninja Assassin.
That wasn't the Wachowskis.

Time Immemorial
Im going to see this today, I can't wait to write a good review and piss all yall haters off!smile

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-prepare-for-war-11.png

Lestov16
That wasn't the Wachowskis.

Yeah, you're right. They only produced the film. The advertising mentioned them a lot so that's why I was mistaken.

Time Immemorial
I heard this movie was so loud and the audio was so bad, you cant hear what the fck the cast is saying.

Robtard
What?

ares834
I enjoyed it. Wasn't a perfect movie or anything but was very unique. Well worth my dollars and time. And like Inception, if you actually pay attention to the movie you should have no problem following it.

Matt Damon's character was easily the worse part of the film IMO.

BackFire
I liked this movie very much. I think it's Nolan's best film and was much more emotionally resonant than I was expecting.

I also liked the somber and bleak tone that the movie had throughout.

Even though it was 3 hours long I felt that overall the pacing was pretty good and so the running time was justified. Perhaps a bit too much time spent going back to the corn fields, but that wasn't a very big deal.

I also really liked the robots in the film.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
What?

Somone told me the voice audio was hard to hear, but maybe it was just that theater. Still waiting to see this movie later this week, was gonna see it last night but it was not in IMAX and Fury was free so saw that instead.

Quincy
The score of the film is easily the best part. However, it seems the crew knew this and covered some of the poor dialogue with the music, to avoid hearing "Rage against the dying of the light" for the 19th time.

draxx_tOfU
TARS running made me lmao in the theater.

Time Immemorial
TARS and CASE made the movie enjoyable.

If only the Robot here known as Kaz had a sense of humor like them.

The action sequences where amazing.

It was a good film.

BruceSkywalker
I just got back from seeing this.. I loved it a lot.. Very well written. Well acted. wonderful, repeat wonderful score by Hans Zimmer.. The science is very easy to understand... I figured out a few things very early on.. I am glad that their is such a director like Nolan who makes you listen and thank when viewing a lot of his films..

zeel
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I just got back from seeing this.. I loved it a lot.. Very well written. Well acted. wonderful, repeat wonderful score by Hans Zimmer.. The science is very easy to understand... I figured out a few things very early on.. I am glad that their is such a director like Nolan who makes you listen and thank when viewing a lot of his films..

One nice thing I liked about the film is it was unique, it flirted with something different. Even though it wasn't what I wanted to see it still took a chance at trying something different. I would like to see more movies like this.

Personally tired of remakes, spin offs and prequels enough is enough. If I had to rate it from 1 to 10 id give it at least a solid 7-8.

On a side note the robot in the movie was completely wild and as unrealistic as it was it my book it added a sense of humor to the movie.

Time Immemorial

Glad to hear you liked it.

I will be buying it on Blue Ray.

BruceSkywalker
Glad to hear you liked it.

I will be buying it on Blue Ray.

after you buy it then you shall send it to me... stick out tongue

Time Immemorial
after you buy it then you shall send it to me... stick out tongue

Do you require popcorn as well?

BruceSkywalker
Do you require popcorn as well?

no..nachos big grin

Patient_Leech
Get a room, you two. sick

Quincy
I just got back from seeing this.. I loved it a lot.. Very well written.

Beg pardon?

You thought this movie was not just written well, but VERY well?

Bardock42
I enjoyed the movie.

BruceSkywalker
Get a room, you two. sick

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.