Juggernaut vs Xmen Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
1. Wolverine
2. Colossus
3. Iceman
4. Cyclops
5. Magneto (can't control or manipulate his armor)

Arena Fight

KingD19
He beats all of them. Colossus and Wolverine get ko'd because I'm not sure movie Cain is quite strong enough to kill them(Adamantium skeleton and Colossus is pretty damn durable going by Last Stand and DoFP), but the rest die when he gets his hands on them.

juggerman
Iceman and Magneto can win if they fight smart. Which they often do

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
He beats all of them. Colossus and Wolverine get ko'd because I'm not sure movie Cain is quite strong enough to kill them(Adamantium skeleton and Colossus is pretty damn durable going by Last Stand and DoFP), but the rest die when he gets his hands on them.

What about Cyclops Optic Blast?

Rao Kal El
Wait, was Juggs invulnerable in the movies the same as in the comics?

I remember they said something about his momentum, but I don't recall him being completely invulnerable

Movie Jugg was not impressive at all, imo

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Wait, was Juggs invulnerable in the movies the same as in the comics?

I remember they said something about his momentum, but I don't recall him being completely invulnerable

Movie Jugg was not impressive at all, imo He never got hurt, so there isn't any way to know. You have to have some durability to be able to repeatedly go head first through think cement walls though. His momentum power was intact though. None of them stop him from reaching them and tearing them apart.

Magneto can go airborne for a stalemate. And if this is an arena fight, what does Magneto have to hurt him with? Any kind of metals in this arena? If there are, Magneto can at lease get a weapon. On the other hand, Cain will get something to throw at him too, so that might lose it for Mags.

I'm gonna have to go with Cain on all of them except possible Mags.

Silent Master
3-5 could likely at least stalemate.

KingD19
He crushed an APC like it was made of cardboard. If he touches any of them, they're dead. And we see Iceman can be broken and that kills him. As for Cyclops, his optic beam would probably slow him down but not stop him if he's actually running for him.

Silent Master
Right, but Iceman/Cyke could keep icing/destroying the ground and other parts of the area making it hard if not impossible for Juggernaut to ever reach them.

Not saying that either could beat him, but they can certainly make him work for the win.

BruceSkywalker
aEYViV8p-Ow

that being said Juggs gets past Logan and Piotr, buts stalemates the rest

God Cloth Seiya
Juggs beats everyone except magneto.

juggerman
Iceman can freeze him stopping his momentum. Same with Mags except instead of freezing him he'd cover him in metal if there is any around.

Time Immemorial

TheVaultDweller
No one on this list can hurt him. He takes no damage at all throughout the film. And even if we include the extended fight with Wolverine where his claws pierced Cain's arm, Cain's arm healed literally instantly. No blood, no marks, nothing. The moment the claws exited his arm it was like they had never been in there to begin with. So no one can hurt him in any meaningful way, even if they can actually do damage to begin with.

We have already seen how well Logan does against him (not well at all). So Logan loses.

Based on their actual shown feats, he beats Colossus too.

Iceman won't stop him, and if he runs into him in his ice form, Bobby will probably shatter.

Cyclops' blast might slow him down, but ultimately can't stop him or do any damage. So if Cain gets his hands on Scott, it's over.

Only person I can see beating him is Magneto, via BFR. And this is only if he can wrap enough metal around him, while Cain is standing still, to lift and BFR him, like he did to Wolverine in DoFP. If Cain builds any momentum, he will just charge through anything Mags throws at him. But Magneto can still stalemate by staying airborne.

KingD19
Even if the claws had been used. He's been fully molecularly phased through concrete and broke out without it even piercing his body.

Time Immemorial
Even if the claws had been used. He's been fully molecularly phased through concrete and broke out without it even piercing his body.

I noted that above as well, glad someone else got that part toosmile

TheVaultDweller

As both you and Time noted, this is also true. I was just pointing out that even if we consider a bit of extra footage that wasn't even in the cinematic release, there isn't shit anyone can do to hurt him. It will either not affect him, like the concrete, or he will heal instantly, like the claws. Only way to beat Cain in this scenario is via BFR, and only Magneto has any chance of doing so.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by juggerman
Iceman and Magneto can win if they fight smart. Which they often do This.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
This.

I see Mag having the best chance but how would Ice Man outdo him iyo?

TheVaultDweller
Hard to see a scenario where Bobby can pull off a win. Unless Cain is standing completely still while Iceman encases him from head to toe in ice, he won't stop him. And if Cain gets his hands on Bobby, Iceman dies. Even if Bobby ices the ground and causes Cain to slip or slide, Cain still has momentum, which means he won't be halted. If it was comics, there could be a case for Bobby ****ing with his insides, but considering Cain's floor feat, and the fact that movie Iceman has never shown that ability, I just don't see him stopping Cain.

KingD19
Even if he freezes him head to toe, him breaking out of several feet of concrete with a hard shrug leads me to believe he could do a good flex and break the ice.

TheVaultDweller
Even if he freezes him head to toe, him breaking out of several feet of concrete with a hard shrug leads me to believe he could do a good flex and break the ice.

Well, what I drew from the film was that he needs to be allowed some level of motion to use his momentum power. Like you said, he was able to give a shrug and bust out of the concrete, and that is because he was only partly submerged in the floor.

But then take the transport sequence where Mags busted him out. He had restraints preventing any part of his body from moving at all, and therefore needed Magneto to break them open to free him.

Which is why I still think encasing his entire body in metal or very thick ice could stop him, but this will only work if he is completely motionless while it occurs. And that is extremely unlikely.

It does make me wonder how the hell they captured him in the first place. I somehow doubt that he would have submitted passively.

KingD19
They could have gotten him while he was asleep. Or he was in the water.

Time Immemorial
The cure was present on the guards already, prolly didn't want to get his powers neutralized and just surrendered.

juggerman

Time Immemorial
He was also held in place in that prison truck. Iceman freezes his entire body making him immobile ftw.

Thats if he is not moving at all. This fight he will be moving. Him being imprisioned is unknown factors but as I mentioned earlier the cute was present on the guards. He prolly surrendered due to fear of getting neutralized.

juggerman
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Thats if he is not moving at all. This fight he will be moving. Him being imprisioned is unknown factors but as I mentioned earlier the cute was present on the guards. He prolly surrendered due to fear of getting neutralized.

That's a speculation but I get your point. Bobby simply has to ice the floor causing Juggs to slip and fall. Once down he could immobilize him with ice.

KingD19
As heavy as he is he'd just break any ice he's stepping on.

juggerman
Doubtful

Silent Master
I don't seem to recall the Juggernaut damaging the ground every time he took a step, I mean sure he is strong enough to break the ice if he stomps on the ground with every step, but that would massively slow him down.

KingD19
He literally shook the ground as he walked and him jumping on an AC crumpled it like it was nothing. He could step hard enough while running to crush ice beneath him.

FrothByte
Iceman can ice over whatever Juggs is walking on and make him slide every which way. Not exactly a win for Iceman, but he'd make a fool out of Juggernaut and that gets him extra points.

Silent Master
He literally shook the ground as he walked and him jumping on an AC crumpled it like it was nothing. He could step hard enough while running to crush ice beneath him.

I still don't recall him doing that when he was running after Kitty through the building.

Time Immemorial
Iceman got cracked in half by the sentinels. An easy feat Juggs could reproduce as well.

TheVaultDweller
That's a speculation but I get your point. Bobby simply has to ice the floor causing Juggs to slip and fall. Once down he could immobilize him with ice.

When has anyone ever been rendered totally immobile by slipping on ice of all things? Last time I went ice skating and slipped at high speeds, the thing that stopped me was the friggin' wall I crashed into. Juggs would smash right through it. Juggernaut has to be completely immobile to be encased. Any body movement whatsoever creates momentum. This is shown when he busts out of the concrete with a mere shrug from his upper body. So even if he slips, he'd have to remain dead still while Iceman ices him for your strategy to work.

I have been thinking though... none of his opponents can stop his momentum, but what if they used his own momentum to BFR him, like Hulk did when they fought during the World War Hulk comic arc? For example, say Iceman does ice the floor and Cain slips and crashes through the arena and out of it, would that count as a win via BFR for Iceman?

As for the cure being the reason he got caught, I have a hard time seeing that. Based on his durability, those cure needles wouldn't have even penetrated his skin.

juggerman

That was when he was running. Even still it's highly unlikely he would just break through the ice by stepping on it.

juggerman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
When has anyone ever been rendered totally immobile by slipping on ice of all things? Last time I went ice skating and slipped at high speeds, the thing that stopped me was the friggin' wall I crashed into. Juggs would smash right through it. Juggernaut has to be completely immobile to be encased. Any body movement whatsoever creates momentum. This is shown when he busts out of the concrete with a mere shrug from his upper body. So even if he slips, he'd have to remain dead still while Iceman ices him for your strategy to work.

I'm not suggesting that him slipping would leave him immobile. But once down it allows Iceman to freeze his entire body and that's what would render him unable to move.He froze the sentinel in DofP pretty damn quickly and that thing was much bigger than Cain. he should be able to coat Juggernaut before Juggs has the opportunity to do anything about it.

As for him slipping and just sliding uncontrollably forever; well that wouldn't happen. I was thinking he would just slam into the ground but if he did slide then the would slow down and stop eventually. If you believe his body just goes in any direction without him putting any effort into is then by that logic if he ever falls down, the momentum should take him straight through the ground and out the other side of the planet. There are limits to his momentum thing.

Time Immemorial
He seemed uber strong without the momentum. Tossing Wolverine around like a rag doll though floors of houses like it was nothing, wo happens to weigh alot. There is more to his skill set then just momentum. He is extremely huge, heavy, pretty agile in H2H when fighting as well as durable, the claws didn't do anything to him.

wallman77
encasing him with ice is nothing if he can break out of cement. he didn't have any momentum when he did that. his arms were under. legs under. only thing he had above it was his head and neck. most of his shoulders were under as well. he has super strength even without the momentum boost. anyway he stops at mags.

juggerman
Originally posted by wallman77
encasing him with ice is nothing if he can break out of cement. he didn't have any momentum when he did that. his arms were under. legs under. only thing he had above it was his head and neck. most of his shoulders were under as well. he has super strength even without the momentum boost. anyway he stops at mags.

Yet he was held in the truck....

Time Immemorial
He was also held in place in that prison truck. Iceman freezes his entire body making him immobile ftw.

Way to root for your guy, juggs.

juggerman
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Way to root for your guy, juggs.

laughing out loud

I'm no quan. I will not blindly root for my fav against all reason. If Bobby fights smart he wins

wallman77
Yet he was held in the truck....

umm..clearly the metal in the truck was stronger than the cement?? nobody was stating other wise..merely that the ice isn't....
lol like what are you even getting at? are you lost? are young saying ice>cement? or are challenging that he is only super strong when moving? cause clearly...that isn't the case either. nonsense.

juggerman
Originally posted by wallman77
umm..clearly the metal in the truck was stronger than the cement?? nobody was stating other wise..merely that the ice isn't....
lol like what are you even getting at? are you lost? are young saying ice>cement? or are challenging that he is only super strong when moving? cause clearly...that isn't the case either. nonsense.

You've completely missed the point...

Inhuman
Just want to point out that movie juggs was a mutant. He didnt have Cytorak powering him. So his powers were not limitless.
Did they ever mention what his mutation was?
super strong, check
super durable, check
healing factor, check
the momentum thing...is that a mutant power? affecting the force of gravity?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Inhuman
Just want to point out that movie juggs was a mutant. He didnt have Cytorak powering him. So his powers were not limitless.
Did they ever mention what his mutation was?
super strong, check
super durable, check
healing factor, check
the momentum thing...is that a mutant power? affecting the force of gravity?

Not all his powers were stated, but from the fight with wolverine we see them come out. The momentum thing is what is says it was. If he gains momentum nothing can stop him, so that could be cause he was uber strong and heavy or his mutant gene won't allow him to stop once he gains momentum.

KingD19
He wouldn't stop unless he felt like it. Otherwise he'd end up just going in whatever direction he started in. But he appeared to have watered down, but essentially the same abilities as his magical counterpart. And while his momentum and super strength are separate, they work best together.

Inhuman
Yeah but when kitty phased him into the floor he was stopped. Even if he broke out afterwards, the point is he was stopped. He broke free because of his strength.
What about if Magneto encases him in steel?
Movie Juggernaut's momentum can be stopped in certain conditions.

KingD19
He was stopped because he stopped when she jumped on him. He had just started walking and when she jumped on his legs, he just stopped moving entirely. Also he was molecularly phased into the floor, but that clearly didn't trouble him any.

Inhuman
here is the scene

zE5KXlg4iUY

seems he stopped after he was getting phased into the floor. Also youll notice he was moving around trying to get free after he was phased into the floor. he couldnt UNTIL he got angry and used his strength to bust out.
If his momentum was unstoppable like in the comics then he would have walked through all that. He wouldnt have been wriggling while phased into the floor trying to free himself.

KingD19
He was more confused than anything about what was happening. That's why he stopped as soon as she popped back up through the floor. And as I pointed out, he just stopped walking and let her phase him. It's clear from how easily he broke out that it wouldn't have slowed him down if he'd just kept going. But they had to do the line so he just let her.

Inhuman
Well I saw it differently. He can bust through walls and such when running, but while walking kitty stopped him. He was even wiggling to get free. He used his strength to get free not his momentum. He could have just started walking while encased if it would have been that easy for him. It was clear he needed his strength to get free.

That's how I saw it. Shrug. erm

TheVaultDweller

As for him slipping and just sliding uncontrollably forever; well that wouldn't happen. I was thinking he would just slam into the ground but if he did slide then the would slow down and stop eventually. If you believe his body just goes in any direction without him putting any effort into is then by that logic if he ever falls down, the momentum should take him straight through the ground and out the other side of the planet. There are limits to his momentum thing.

Firstly, to literally fall through the planet he'd have to displace millions (if not billions) of tons of earth, when there is nowhere to displace it to, so that doesn't really work.

But that's wasn't what I meant in anyways. I should have made it clearer. The scenario I was picturing was more like Iceman standing with his back to the arena wall. Cain charges him (which does seem to be his go to strategy), thereby focusing his momentum in that direction. When Cain gets close, Iceman ices the ground and then sidesteps. I am thinking that the ice might make him slip, destabilizing his footing long enough to prevent him from halting his momentum before crashing through the side of the arena. Hence a win via BFR for Iceman.

KingD19
BFR only counts if you can't make it back to the battlefield under your own power in a reasonable amount of time. If by some miracle he slips and falls and doesn't just crush the ice under foot, he could easily get back up and come right back.

TheVaultDweller
BFR only counts if you can't make it back to the battlefield under your own power in a reasonable amount of time. If by some miracle he slips and falls and doesn't just crush the ice under foot, he could easily get back up and come right back.

Ah ok. That's why I asked whether it would count as a BFR or not. Guess this answers my question. So Iceman cannot BFR him. At least not that way (Or any way I can think of).

juggerman
Firstly, to literally fall through the planet he'd have to displace millions (if not billions) of tons of earth, when there is nowhere to displace it to, so that doesn't really work.

The point was his momentum isn't always unstoppable. It's under his control as to when his movement is unstoppable and when it's just regular movement.

TheVaultDweller
The point was his momentum isn't always unstoppable. It's under his control as to when his movement is unstoppable and when it's just regular movement.

Yeah, I also believe he directs his momentum. Which is why I said I should have been clearer with my initial post with regards to the sliding thing. I reread it and realised that what I said was somewhat ambiguous, but was hopefully explained better in my more fleshed out scenario.

juggerman
Yeah, I also believe he directs his momentum. Which is why I said I should have been clearer with my initial post with regards to the sliding thing. I reread it and realised that what I said was somewhat ambiguous, but was hopefully explained better in my more fleshed out scenario.

It's cool. So you think Bobby can freeze him or no? I think he can but only by using specific tactics like something similar to what I described earlier. Other than that I don't see Bobby being able to beat Cain

Time Immemorial
It's cool. So you think Bobby can freeze him or no? I think he can but only by using specific tactics like something similar to what I described earlier. Other than that I don't see Bobby being able to beat Cain

Sure he could freeze him but its nothing he could not break out of with his strength . If he wants to be moving while trying to be froze I see him laughing it off.

TheVaultDweller

It's really hard to say. Personally, based on Cain's strength and powerset, I think he'd literally have to completely encase him in at least 2 feet of solid ice all over (as in the ice needs to extend at least 2 feet in every direction from his body), before Cain can react and start moving, to stand a chance. So the questions is whether Bobby can dump that much ice on Juggs before he starts reacting. If he can he has a shot at winning. If he can't, he dies.

juggerman
It's really hard to say. Personally, based on Cain's strength and powerset, I think he'd literally have to completely encase him in at least 2 feet of solid ice all over (as in the ice needs to extend at least 2 feet in every direction from his body), before Cain can react and start moving, to stand a chance. So the questions is whether Bobby can dump that much ice on Juggs before he starts reacting. If he can he has a shot at winning. If he can't, he dies.

Well the way Booby was shown to react to an opponent bigger and stronger than himself(Sentinel) was to try to freeze it and keep his distance. He would never try to take Cain in close combat

KingD19
But that's exactly what he did in Last Stand. Got right up on Phat(the guy he froze and Colossus broke) and froze him.

juggerman
That was only in the deleted/extended scene iirc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.