Toph vs. Ghazan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
Takes place on a wide rock landscape.

This is Toph as of Book 3 in ATLA.

yungz22
We have to wait to see the rest of ghazaans feats

Based Kez
Ghazan takes it.
Earthbending + Lavabending.
(Btw I'm new here, nice to meet you guys)

King Joker
Originally posted by Based Kez
Ghazan takes it.
Earthbending + Lavabending.
(Btw I'm new here, nice to meet you guys)
I agree. And nice to meet you too!

yungz22
You guys are being Prisoners of the moment at least let the season be over first

Think about it what has ghazaan done except beat bolin who by the way pales in comparison to toph

socool8520
Is the Korra anime good? I have not gotten around to seeing it yet? I was a big fan of the 1st one.

yungz22
Originally posted by socool8520
Is the Korra anime good? I have not gotten around to seeing it yet? I was a big fan of the 1st one.

First season = ok

Second season = was good just didnt like the last fight

Third season= still goin on now but so far in my opinion i think its the best one because its the first time we ever see a violent airbender

socool8520
I will definitely have to watch this then. Hopefully there is a Toph like character in this one. She was by far my favorite in Aang Series

yungz22
Originally posted by socool8520
I will definitely have to watch this then. Hopefully there is a Toph like character in this one. She was by far my favorite in Aang Series

Toph is still alive and is actually seen as a legendary bender during korra's time theres statues of her and she taught many ppl the metalbending style and founded a police force full of them. She also has 2 daughters that are very adept at bending although of course probably still not as good as toph.

Hope that didnt spoil much

King Joker
Thoughts?

NemeBro
Ghazan, without a single doubt in my mind.

He's one of the single most powerful benders in the entire series, and probably the most powerful member of the Red Lotus in terms of just bending (So not combustion and without taking Zaheer's flight into account).

Most importantly, Earthbenders do little more than give him fuel. Toph isn't a lavabender as far as we know, so unless she wants to fuel Ghazan's power she will have to use metalbending, and that isn't enough.

King Joker
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ghazan, without a single doubt in my mind.

He's one of the single most powerful benders in the entire series, and probably the most powerful member of the Red Lotus in terms of just bending (So not combustion and without taking Zaheer's flight into account).

Most importantly, Earthbenders do little more than give him fuel. Toph isn't a lavabender as far as we know, so unless she wants to fuel Ghazan's power she will have to use metalbending, and that isn't enough.
I totally agree. thumb up

Rikudo sennin
He was terrible in the final episode.

pym-ftw
How so, he was blind sided by Mako and then thinking there was no way to escape he destroyed a mountain.

Ghazan wins with ease.

Vensai
Ghazan could take advantage of Toph giving him ammo if she has no knowledge of his powers.

pym-ftw
Even with Full Knowledge, what could she do? He heats the ground up she goes blind and he drops her with a pebble.

Nephthys
Toph still wins.

NemeBro
How does she do that?

Ghazan is more powerful, his bending takes away her super senses, she is forced to use only metalbending because earth is just turned into fuel for his own bending, and also Toph is fat.

King Joker
Toph has basically no way to beat Ghazan, for the reasons Nemo listed.

Nephthys
How does she do that?

Ghazan is more powerful, his bending takes away her super senses, she is forced to use only metalbending because earth is just turned into fuel for his own bending, and also Toph is fat.

No way is Ghazan more powerful than her. Toph has bent insane amounts of earth, developed a new form of bending before she developed breasts and stalemated freaking Bumi in the comics. By feats her bending is more powerful and advanced than his. Just like is usual when comparing TLA to Korra, the former generally eclipses the later in scale of bending. She'd beat him through being more powerful and more skilled than him, combining her almost unmatched precision with force he can't handle. And he'd only take away her vision if he turned the whole arena into lava, which wouldn't really help him much either and she has ways to get around that.

wakkawakkawakka
Toph has no way of actually dealing blows with just earthbending due to the whole lava thing. Then again if Mako could catch him off guard anything is possible no expression

AuraAngel
Toph would last longer than Bolin simply because she has better timing and reaction skills due to her earth sense. But Ghazan will win because she can't really do much to him. Sooner or later she'll be surrounded by lava and that will be that lol.

Nephthys
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Toph has no way of actually dealing blows with just earthbending due to the whole lava thing. Then again if Mako could catch him off guard anything is possible no expression

Ghazan can be overwhelmed, like he was against Mako and Bolin. Not to mention that if he tries turning her attacks into lava she can just keep pushing it at him while he's doing that, kind of like what Korra did.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
No way is Ghazan more powerful than her. Toph has bent insane amounts of earth,

Ghazan wombo-combo'd a Ba Sing Se wall by himself, destroyed the Northern Air Temple by himself, and later collapsed the cave they were fighting in with one attack. He's more powerful.

So?

Ghazan would also beat Bumi. He'd beat him even harder.

A bunch of fluff, no substance.

More skilled is arguable. More powerful? She struggled just to hold the library. Ghazan could level it in one or two shots.

Does she now? So she has ways of bending earth she can't "see" now? Because she'd be blind and surrounded by lava. Also dead.

Ghazan wins. thumb up

His ability is so overpowered that previously only avatars were shown to do it for a reason.

NemeBro
Ghazan can be overwhelmed, like he was against Mako and Bolin.

Toph can't cheap-shot him because she's just one person, and unlike Bolin she can't cancel out his own lavabending with his own.

Oh, so she's going to airbend it away? I didn't know Toph could do that.

yungz22
Prisonersof the moment

pym-ftw
Originally posted by King Joker
Toph has basically no way to beat Ghazan, for the reasons Nemo listed. what about my point...Originally posted by pym-ftw
Even with Full Knowledge, what could she do? He heats the ground up she goes blind and he drops her with a pebble.

NemeBro
Originally posted by yungz22
Prisonersof the moment Go on.

Nephthys
Ghazan wombo-combo'd a Ba Sing Se wall by himself, destroyed the Northern Air Temple by himself, and later collapsed the cave they were fighting in with one attack. He's more powerful.

So? Four random Earthbenders alone could pull a section of that wall down in TLA. Ghazan did nothing more than turn the base into lava, that's not exactly wow-ing me with his power. And he didn't destroy the Northern Air Temple flat-out, he turned one room into lava which spread out and continued doing damage after he'd already left. Collapsing the cave was his big suicide move, he never showed that amount of power before that.

So?

So it shows her natural talent.

Ghazan would also beat Bumi. He'd beat him even harder.

Lolno. Go watch Bumi retake Omashu, you seem to be forgetting some things. He was tossing multiple houses at once at one point, not to mention when he pushes over that massive statue. He's much more powerful than Ghazan. And in her fight with him Toph was tearing apart the side of a cliff, ripping it apart it enough to cause a mini-quake.

A bunch of fluff, no substance.

How's this for substance? Watch when Ghazan turns the hall into lava and Bolin puts up those tiny walls one after the other in response. Now go watch Bitter Work and look at Toph casually pulling up two 15 feet tall walls in Aang's training. She regularly does shit like that too. Even Aang, a weaker Earthbender than her obliterated an Appa-sized boulder without even looking at it when they assault the Earth palace.

More skilled is arguable. More powerful? She struggled just to hold the library. Ghazan could level it in one or two shots.

Lmao, what? That library was enormous. There's no way Ghazan could destroy it that easily. Plus holding something up is a lot harder than destroying the foundations like Ghazan did to that wall. Toph holding up the library is one of the best feats of bending in the series.

Does she now? So she has ways of bending earth she can't "see" now? Because she'd be blind and surrounded by lava. Also dead.

Ghazan wins. thumb up

His ability is so overpowered that previously only avatars were shown to do it for a reason.

Um, yes? Toph has bent earth she can't "see" multiple times, grabbed or blocked boulders out of the air, blocked attacks from the walls or ceiling etc etc. And she won't be put into that position. He won't be able to pull that shit while she's throwing house-sized rocks at him.

Fated Xtasy
No way is Ghazan more powerful than her. Toph has bent insane amounts of earth, developed a new form of bending before she developed breasts and stalemated freaking Bumi in the comics. By feats her bending is more powerful and advanced than his. Just like is usual when comparing TLA to Korra, the former generally eclipses the later in scale of bending. She'd beat him through being more powerful and more skilled than him, combining her almost unmatched precision with force he can't handle. And he'd only take away her vision if he turned the whole arena into lava, which wouldn't really help him much either and she has ways to get around that.

thumb up Neph is right, Toph is considered a master Earthbender, can't really compare her to Bolin who isn't her level stick out tongue not to mention she's a master metalbender as well.

She takes this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.