What if every electron is a parallel universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

It's xyz!
Wrap your head around THAT one!

Astner
So what would the other leptons be?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Astner
So what would the other leptons be? Perpendicular universes.

Mindship
"There is an idea -- strange, haunting, evocative -- one of the most exquisite conjectures in science or religion. It is entirely undemonstrated; it may never be proved. But it stirs the blood. There is, we are told, an infinite hierarchy of universes, so that an elementary particle, such as an electron, in our universe would, if penetrated, reveal itself to be an entire closed universe. Within it, organized into the local equivalent of galaxies and smaller structures, are an immense number of other, much tinier elementary particles, which are themselves universes at the next level, and so on forever -- an infinite downward regression, universes within universes, endlessly. And upward as well. Our familiar universe of galaxies and stars, planets, and people, would be a single elementary particle in the next universe up, the first step of another infinite regress."
-- Carl Sagan, "Cosmos"

Lord Lucien
It's an extremely appealing notion.

Oneness
Originally posted by Mindship
"There is an idea -- strange, haunting, evocative -- one of the most exquisite conjectures in science or religion. It is entirely undemonstrated; it may never be proved. But it stirs the blood. There is, we are told, an infinite hierarchy of universes, so that an elementary particle, such as an electron, in our universe would, if penetrated, reveal itself to be an entire closed universe. Within it, organized into the local equivalent of galaxies and smaller structures, are an immense number of other, much tinier elementary particles, which are themselves universes at the next level, and so on forever -- an infinite downward regression, universes within universes, endlessly. And upward as well. Our familiar universe of galaxies and stars, planets, and people, would be a single elementary particle in the next universe up, the first step of another infinite regress."
-- Carl Sagan, "Cosmos" I believe this idea of infinite cosmic hierarchies is true, but not in such a non-cathartic way.

I believe that the events occurring to whatever free-thinking species evolved in one cosmic time-frame - dictates how their descendant computers write the next, artificial universe to attempt to correct many issues as the inhabitants inherit a perfected, VR program of their ancestor's lives.

The "what could have been" society.

This cosmic hierarchy is cathartic because the more artificial universes are more perfected - and therefore more geared towards life. Being an infinite hierarchy, we have infinite realities in which ours is based upon so each level is; in its own way, at the top of the hierarchy of perfected realities - being ultimately geared to suit the needs of the self-perceiving minds within.

The notion that cosmoses with higher dimension hold more possibilities and less physical restraints is also appealing, especially when you consider that there are possibly infinite dimensions that could be added. Imagine life in some extremely vast extra-dimensional reality - with so few restraints on them that they can open up, penetrate, observe, and effectively manipulate life in this reality. Perhaps realities with different dimensional quantities aren't closed off to each other in the first place, but as open for observation as stars or galaxies.

Most appealing of all, is that all of this is true.

If anything is possible, how does that glorify the universe when Murphy's law; that anything that can happen will happen, is put into consideration?

Lord Lucien
Someone's been getting prepped for Interstellar.

Oneness
It means that not only are all miracles possible, but that every possible miracle is occurring, invisibly or visibly, at every second in every reality - one needs only select them and they'll be there.

"Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20

RaventheOnly
This makes me think of the end of Men in Black when the marble they were saving the whole time was a universe and the universe they were in was a marble in another aliens collection stick out tongue

Oneness
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
This makes me think of the end of Men in Black when the marble they were saving the whole time was a universe and the universe they were in was a marble in another aliens collection stick out tongue I first saw that movie when I was 6 years old, in the last house that my late Grandma lived at independently.

It's xyz!
-- Carl Sagan, "Cosmos" Yeah, THAT one.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oneness
If anything is possible, how does that glorify the universe when Murphy's law; that anything that can happen will happen, is put into consideration? I don't know about the physical reality of Murphy's Law ("Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"wink: it always struck me more as people griping when things don't go their way, from over-expectation of results and/or under-appreciation of the complexities of a given situation. If one's going to talk about "things going wrong," better to discuss entropy, which, generally speaking, is an isolated system's tendency toward/degree of disorder.

Secondly, in "glorifying the universe," what do you mean by "glorify" and "universe"? Regarding the latter, do you mean our particular Hubble volume or a (still) theoretical multiverse?

Having said this: afaik, quantum mechanics states that anything that is possible (ie, anything that is internally consistent with a given set of physical laws) will happen, given sufficient time. I remember reading years ago an article about QM that, as an example, said it was entirely possible for a person to suddenly be teleported to the surface of the Sun, as a mouse, and survive there for a week. But the time required to allow this possibility: the universe would have to be like a trillion to the trillionth power times its current age. Basically, don't hold your breath.

I do find quantum mechanics, and concepts like chaotic inflation or a Universal Wavefunction utterly fascinating. In that sense, yeah, I could see the "glory" of the universe. But then, one doesn't have to involve the cosmically large or subatomically small to get that sense of mystery and awe.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Someone's been getting prepped for Interstellar.

I lol'd

Robtard
-- Carl Sagan, "Cosmos"

QTOBxlFjgc0

Mindship
Originally posted by Robtard
QTOBxlFjgc0 Grokworthy.

Oneness
Having said this: afaik, quantum mechanics states that anything that is possible (ie, anything that is internally consistent with a given set of physical laws) will happen, given sufficient time. I remember reading years ago an article about QM that, as an example, said it was entirely possible for a person to suddenly be teleported to the surface of the Sun, as a mouse, and survive there for a week. But the time required to allow this possibility: the universe would have to be like a trillion to the trillionth power times its current age. Basically, don't hold your breath.

I do find quantum mechanics, and concepts like chaotic inflation or a Universal Wavefunction utterly fascinating. In that sense, yeah, I could see the "glory" of the universe. But then, one doesn't have to involve the cosmically large or subatomically small to get that sense of mystery and awe. Yes.

This is going on my page.

Oneness

Secondly, in "glorifying the universe," what do you mean by "glorify" and "universe"? Regarding the latter, do you mean our particular Hubble volume or a (still) theoretical multiverse? More than just multiverse.

Infinite abstracts more cumbersome than what can be imagined, and the multiverse is in the realm of the imaginable.

Imagine that what is happening now is and isn't happening simultaneously, if you could reach out and select it, anything is happening as future complexities of what exist inter-lap with the past as linear time fades away...eventually.

Only what can happen does happen, so apparently it's already happened, even if it takes time for it to happen - time will eventually be altered, because any event can happen.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oneness
Infinite abstracts more cumbersome than what can be imagined, and the multiverse is in the realm of the imaginable. Platonic forms?

Laurie
A BBC documentary on Parallel Universes from 2002

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/paralleluni.shtml

Revanchiste
Yhea I have heard and read many thing about the link between yoctoscopic particle and parrallelle universe... Th fact than yoctoscopic particlescould in certain condition be at different instance in the space time continium as prooven since the 30's is a strong argument for this theory....

So now you have a real excuse to don't understand what I say. This voccabulary combined with my obssession to stop writting in the middle of a sentnce to begin an other + the fact I right really fast and make many mistaken + The over use of epithĂȘtes adjectifs and other qualificativs elements with an anarchic ponctuation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.