Revan, Surik and Jace Malcom vs Corran Horn, Saba and Chewbacca

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Selenial
All out, Sever force is viable.

Surik and Revan maintain their force Bond.

/Discuss

I need your help in my Kaggath stick out tongue

Nephthys
Team 1 all the way. Revan could beat Horn and Saba by himself, Surik would take either too and Malcom is better than Chewbacca considering he's basically the greatest soldier alive in his time.

Sinious
Team 1 even though Surik is on that team. bunny

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1, IMO

Selenial
Originally posted by Sinious

Oh you stick out tongue

smokin'

Emperordmb

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
Oh you stick out tongue

smokin'

rolling on floor laughing

Seriously tough, team 1 wins for sure.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm pretty sure she's asking for an analysis rather than opinions. Which I may get to later. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

S_W_LeGenD
If Revan and Surik share a bond, this may enhance their effectiveness or team-work during combat situation. In addition, both are battle-hardened, powerful and proven Jedi warriors and legends independently.

Horn and Saba have talents and Saba is seemingly not a pushover but I think this duo is outgunned by Revan and Surik.

And Jace Malcom > Chewbacca

S_W_LeGenD
You make is sound like as if Surik is not a heavyweight. She is.

Selenial
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm pretty sure she's asking for an analysis rather than opinions. Which I may get to later. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Either really, I need a morale boost seeing as Putting Revan as my head of state auto makes me public enemy number 1.

Though an analysis would be great big grin

Sinious
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You make is sound like as if Surik is not a heavyweight. She is.

You didn't get it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Simply put, Sinious is spiting Selenial to fuel his power. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2710164634.png

Sinious
Simply put, Sinious is spiting Selenial to fuel his power. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2710164634.png

OH YEAH evil face

cool

Selenial

Q99

Horn and Saba have talents and Saba is seemingly not a pushover but I think this duo is outgunned by Revan and Surik.

I am agreed. The Horn/Saba duo is dangerous, but Revan certainly outmatches either of them.

Nephthys
Either really, I need a morale boost seeing as Putting Revan as my head of state auto makes me public enemy number 1.

Though an analysis would be great big grin

That's so bizarre to me. You'd think the swtor forums would be the place these guys are celebrated most. But you all seem to rather hate old republic material and tend towards the newer era's more.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
I am agreed. The Horn/Saba duo is dangerous, but Revan certainly outmatches either of them.
Thank you

Nalaniel
Definitely team 1.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
That's so bizarre to me. You'd think the swtor forums would be the place these guys are celebrated most. But you all seem to rather hate old republic material and tend towards the newer era's more.

We all deal with Fanboys too much, it makes us hate the characters everyone else sucks off sad

Though I know a lot of us still enjoy the characters themselves, we have an automatic tendency to underrate characters on purpose....

Nephthys
Yeah no kidding. I'm reading your battlezone and peeps seen to be hating on Revan quite a lot. Suggesting that Horn can beat Revan mentally when even Vitiate couldn't is frankly ridiculous.

S_W_LeGenD
Fans of TOR era content are shunned and reviled everywhere.

And yes, it is unlikely that Revan can be telepathically dominated.

NewGuy01
I do find it strange that supposedly in their fight, Revan had to break Vitiate's concentration to keep himself from being dominated, and yet he could hold him off for 300 years afterward.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I do find it strange that supposedly in their fight, Revan had to break Vitiate's concentration to keep himself from being dominated, and yet he could hold him off for 300 years afterward.
#SurikGhost

Selenial
Yeah no kidding. I'm reading your battlezone and peeps seen to be hating on Revan quite a lot. Suggesting that Horn can beat Revan mentally when even Vitiate couldn't is frankly ridiculous.

Not to mention that literally no one other than Beni is even willing to read most arguments on Revan, or other force users.

But alas, people's attitudes to Revan in this Kaggath have made me seriously contemplate leaving those forums for good, in fact I even wrote up a goodbye message to send to a few of the members....

:/

Nephthys
Wow, that's bad. I'm sure you're just depressed. These are probably friends of yours, so I think it would just make you more sad to leave them over that.

Selenial
Wow, that's bad. I'm sure you're just depressed. These are probably friends of yours, so I think it would just make you more sad to leave them over that.

Can I hire you as my therapist? I pay well, but I warn you, I'm pretty ****ed up....

stick out tongue

But yeh, I know, it's just annoying. confused

S_W_LeGenD
Not to mention that literally no one other than Beni is even willing to read most arguments on Revan, or other force users.

But alas, people's attitudes to Revan in this Kaggath have made me seriously contemplate leaving those forums for good, in fact I even wrote up a goodbye message to send to a few of the members....

:/
Do you need my help in that Kaggath? I am subscribed to official SWTOR forums.

Selenial
Do you need my help in that Kaggath? I am subscribed to official SWTOR forums.

They'd probably kill me a thousand times over for summoning you.

It's a tempting offer, believe me, but I think I've got it handled.

Outnumbered 5-1 (pretty much) but I wouldn't be surprised if I still won.

I might call you next time though big grin
This ones nearly over.

S_W_LeGenD
Oh god, member tunewalker of SWTOR official forums believes that Horn is better at Tutaminis then Luke Skywalker and would defeat Darth Nyriss and even Emperor Vitiate in single combat. Mind blowing.

S_W_LeGenD
They'd probably kill me a thousand times over for summoning you.

It's a tempting offer, believe me, but I think I've got it handled.

Outnumbered 5-1 (pretty much) but I wouldn't be surprised if I still won.

I might call you next time though big grin
This ones nearly over.
Fair enough smile

NewGuy01
He probably is. confused

He probably would, Revan style. cool

lolwut laughing

Selenial
I don't think he meant it like that.

Granted he did say horns illusions were better than Vitiates, which I promptly laughed at.

S_W_LeGenD
Have Horn ever tanked and deflected Force lightning like Revan and Yoda?

Selenial
He probably is. confused

He probably would, Revan style. cool

lolwut laughing

Not sure, Disagree, Agree.

Skywalker has better feats at redirecting, but not at getting amps from it. I'd put Luke on top though.

He wouldn't defeat her, Surik and Scourge weren't in a state to tutaminis her, she wouldn't be stupid enough to unleash like that on someone who was in a state to fight back.

And yeh, I know. But I don't think he actually said that...

NewGuy01
What are top feats from both, from the top of your head? I remember Neeja Halycon caused a lightsaber blade to short out, and Corran is supposedly a head and shoulders above him.

She unleashed it at Revan, though.

Nephthys
He wouldn't defeat her, Surik and Scourge weren't in a state to tutaminis her, she wouldn't be stupid enough to unleash like that on someone who was in a state to fight back.

Agreed. She'd focus on beating him with lightsaber skill, TK and lower level lightning before chancing everything on an all-out lightning attack. You can only pull that off with ample time to build it up.

Selenial
What are top feats from both, from the top of your head? I remember Neeja Halycon caused a lightsaber blade to short out, and Corran is supposedly a head and shoulders above him.

No, she didn't, she unleashed it at Surik and Scourge, Revan saved them from it.

Top of my head? Eww.

Horn: He's absorbed Lightsaber strikes and used the power to unleash raw power in the force that he doesn't actually have sans Tutaminis, it's like a nexus for him.

Skywalker: At-At fired at him, he didn't move and just casually absorbed the blast, with the flick of a wrist sent it back and obliterated the AT-AT, suggesting he actually put more power into it as a single shot usually wouldn't destroy it. Then there's the usual absorbing force attacks, that sort of stuff.

S_W_LeGenD
It is not the same thing as tanking and deflecting Force lightning with bare hands which stresses even the most powerful of the Jedi.

Force lightning causes excruciating pain to any living being, weakens the being's resolve and strength, and powerful barrages can outright burn a living being beyond recognition.

Nyriss unleashed her signature lightning on Lord Scourge and Meetra to destroy them but Revan stepped-in at the right moment and intercepted her attack. Prior to this, Nyriss unleashed normal bursts of lightning on Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik to prevent them from charging her and took advantage of these developments to overwhelm them.

NewGuy01
The energy of a single blaster bolt is enough to convert into a blast of lightning that could turn bones to dust. Absorbing a lightsaber is, in most cases, more impressive than absorbing lightning.

Selenial
The energy of a single blaster bolt is enough to convert into a blast of lightning that could turn bones to dust. Absorbing a lightsaber is, in most cases, more impressive than absorbing lightning.

Bones to dust < Force Barriers.

Force lightning is malevolent and targeted, designed to strike at your very life Essence, it's actually similar to force drain in that regard.

It's not the same as literal energy, absorbing a lightning field is better than lightsaber strikes IMO.

Though I'm not saying Revans Tutaminis >Horns.

There's no doubt that horn is good, Tutaminis is his entire specialty.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wait....

Doesn't the majority of TOR forums put Meetra on par with Revan? Well then, how does team 2 not get stomped?

Nephthys
They hate Revan.

NewGuy01
Because even if she were (and she's not), their opponents are still high level Jedi Councillors.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Because even if she were (and she's not), their opponents are still high level Jedi Councillors.

Revan was beyond the council even as of the mando wars bro. wink

NewGuy01
NJO Council >>> wink

Also, his improvement since that point is overrated IMO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's canonically far stronger in his novel incarnation.

NewGuy01
That's hardly quantifiable. DE Sidious is considered far more powerful than RotJ Sidious, but the gap between them in practical combat is hardly what it's made out to be.

The case is the same here. It's unquestionable that Revan grew considerably between his meetings with Vitiate, but I'd argue it's not as significant as it's made out to be.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
When is DE Sidious stated as far more powerful? And it's in combative context anyways (I.e. Revan vs. Viti)

NewGuy01
He himself states something similar pretty early on in the first issue.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I thought that it wasn't really solid to take a sith's words at face value, regarding their depth of power. :/

Anyways, Revan can potentially solo Saba and Horn.

NewGuy01
Only if he can dismiss Horn with TK from the start, which is plausible considering how Kyp and Exar can do it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
if we're to take into consideration his fight against the strike team, he ragdolls them frequently. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Edit: Revan probably wouldn't fair too bad in sabers either. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3388927884.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I don't think he meant it like that.

"I have said it and will continue to say it, the "most powerful lists" are great for judging "overall" force power, HOWEVER they are not good for Judging 1v1 or 2v2 capabilities. For example Corran would never even be considered for the list yet his level of Tutaminis Rivals if not beats Grand Master Luke's. Ask how they would fair against Nyriss, well Corran would pull the same thing against her as Revan did. He would likely be able to even Tutaminis the Sith emperor's lightning and turn it into a powerful TK attack and with his blade work I believe Corran may be able to take Vitiate in 1v1 Combat."

lmfao. How egregious.

Selenial
Oh lord....

Sinious
Oh lord....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's official: Corran Horn solo's. stick out tongue

"I simply see Revan''s superior strength, skill and speed negating all this possibilities. And if the going gets tough Revan will break off and then dominate them with his Force Powers."

Good Beni. Gooooooooooooooooood. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3249242080.gif

Arhael
Team 2. Revan got stomped by Vitiate, while Saba defeated Abeloth, who is > Vitiate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
U win http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2710164634.png

Selenial
U win http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2710164634.png

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
"Corran likely could defeat Vitiate, Vitiate lost to a saber jokie and usually overpowers people with force powers. Using Lightning on Corran would likely back fire and his skills with illusions likely means the mental abilities wouldnt work, which would pretty much mean it would come down to blade which Corran would win...."

I quit.

carthage
To be fair Vitiate really did tenderly embrace that lightsaber

FreshestSlice
Yeah, can't really get past the fact he walked right into it.

DarthAnt66
Team 1 all the way. Revan could beat Horn and Saba by himself, Surik would take either too and Malcom is better than Chewbacca considering he's basically the greatest soldier alive in his time.
thumb up I'm on vacation without my computer, hence why I can't engage in this Revan discussion.

Based
Fans of TOR era content are shunned and reviled everywhere.

And yes, it is unlikely that Revan can be telepathically dominated.

I'd take this statement more seriously but even the official TOR forums even grow tired of statements on the caliber of Skotia =~ Dooku.

carthage
Who is Darth Skotia?

carthage
Originally posted by carthage
Who is darth Skotia?

Emperordmb
Some random Darth who you fight during the first act of Nox's story IIRC.

NewGuy01
He's a rival of Zash's.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He is not random, he is important to the story and a BOSS character to contend with.

Random are the thugs that you meet in streets.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
Who is Darth Skotia?
For starters: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Skotia

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Not even the first act. You fight him in the prologue.

Selenial
Not even the first act. You fight him in the prologue.

Stop the Skotia discussion and halp mehz! sad

Nephthys
What do you need? I can't post on the swtor forums, I'm not subscribed. But I can get you more scans or quotes if you need them.

Also you should tell everyone about Legend thinking Skotia is Dooku level, maybe they'll laugh themselves to unconsciousness.

Selenial
Trust me, Aurbere has Dooku as his Head of State, I'm totally making that argument.

But eh, doesn't matter actually, I think I've got this in the bag. If you see anything you think I missed (or have anything on the Revanchists) I'm all ears wink

Selenial
For those wondering....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7588725&postcount=969

I won bitches.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm not surprised. Were you up against Tune?

Selenial
Yup, but I was basically 5v1'd (Until the leadership battle) because I had Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The scourging of the Revanites all those years ago is still fresh in their minds, I see. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3388927884.gif

Arhael
For those wondering....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7588725&postcount=969

I won bitches.
"Horn off, but then when he fell too, he unleashed his full might and destroyed the remaining Revanchists and brought the palace down on all of them."

Replace Horn name with Vitiate. Horn cannot use telekinesis, while Vitiate brought down a palace. cool

Selenial
Originally posted by Arhael
"Horn off, but then when he fell too, he unleashed his full might and destroyed the remaining Revanchists and brought the palace down on all of them."

Replace Horn name with Vitiate. Horn cannot use telekinesis, while Vitiate brought down a palace. cool

I don't think it was TK, Horn can absorb blades and boasters and just unleash pure devastation, he had to die to pull something like that off but he could still probably do it....

AncientPower
Saba & Horn win out IMO, Revan and Surik get quite over-rated because of game mechanics, but Saba and Horn are powerhouses in their own right.

Selenial
Originally posted by AncientPower
Saba & Horn win out IMO, Revan and Surik get quite over-rated because of game mechanics, but Saba and Horn are powerhouses in their own right. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s1VgBUWfRmg/Uwx2fjJ_aYI/AAAAAAAAHFE/wtty9HFppo4/s1600/and-the-winner-is.jpg

Congratulations!

First person on these forums to have this opinion!

I'm happy we finally have some diversity stick out tongue

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Correctness>Diversity, in this particular situation. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Selenial
Correctness>Diversity, in this particular situation. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Well, agreed.

It's just nice to see someone who isn't constantly giving a handjob to every TOR/Banite/Kotor era character in sight.

No offence, you know I love you guys, but I'm right stick out tongue

carthage
I see no evidence Revan can outduel Chewbacca.

Team 2 wins

S_W_LeGenD
I don't think it was TK, Horn can absorb blades and boasters and just unleash pure devastation, he had to die to pull something like that off but he could still probably do it....
It was telekinetic action, Emperor pulled that chamber apart in an attempt to crush HoT beneath tons of rock.

Selenial
It was telekinetic action, Emperor pulled that chamber apart in an attempt to crush HoT beneath tons of rock.

Oh I know, I'm just saying, Palaces aren't exactly built to the same extent as the Dark Temple, a simple burst of energy, or a grenade, or an Auto-Canon in the wrong place could bring down a roof...

S_W_LeGenD
Oh I know, I'm just saying, Palaces aren't exactly built to the same extent as the Dark Temple, a simple burst of energy, or a grenade, or an Auto-Canon in the wrong place could bring down a roof...
You have a point.

Arhael

For your information, he can't unleash pure devastation. He can burn out only if he absorbs energy and keeps it in himself without releasing. He has shown to be able to release energy in two forms: TK or Illusions. Yes, he can't normally use TK but with help of absorbing energy he can but the fanfic did not state anything about him absorbing that much energy

Selenial
Originally posted by Arhael
For your information, he can't unleash pure devastation. He can burn out only if he absorbs energy and keeps it in himself without releasing. He has shown to be able to release energy in two forms: TK or Illusions. Yes, he can't normally use TK but with help of absorbing energy he can but the fanfic did not state anything about him absorbing that much energy

What fanfic?

And he absorbed a lightsaber... Y'know, the one he was stabbed with.

Arhael
What fanfic?

And he absorbed a lightsaber... Y'know, the one he was stabbed with.
No he didn't. It was Nejaa Halcyon - Corran Horn's grandfather. He got stabbed, absorbed energy, killed his opponent with TK and died as result of his wound. Corran Horn instead absorbed multiple explosions from detonators and used energy to produce a powerful illusion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.