Superpower Mutation: Less Sleep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-discover-why-thrive-less-sleep-others-163712171.html

Other than lactose intolerance, I have another super power: I don't need much sleep.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Robtard
Are you just forcing yourself to wake up earlier and claiming super-genetics?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by dadudemon
http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-discover-why-thrive-less-sleep-others-163712171.html

Other than lactose intolerance, I have another super power: I don't need much sleep.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I look forward to destroying you.

It's xyz!
Watch out dadudemon, more trolls!

Oneness
I'm thinkin' that smaller brains have that gene activated.

The brain is less powerful overall, so being awake more and using more energy from less sleep must have a negative intelligence correlation.

I say that, because I need on average of 10 hours a night to function optimally. That's almost half my life spent sleeping. I'm a terrible, terrible person without sleep. I'm also very VERY easily addicted to anything that relates to dopamine. Food even.

Autistic brains are 45% more active at rest, that further goes into me needing more sleep to get less quality.

rudester
Everytime i eat i feel sleepy, but i eat a lot. I sleep a lot to and take naps when i can. I also take vitamins before bed and sometimes have to use sleeping pills but try not to.

Oneness
Originally posted by rudester
Everytime i eat i feel sleepy, but i eat a lot. I sleep a lot to and take naps when i can. I also take vitamins before bed and sometimes have to use sleeping pills but try not to. Get drunk and you'll get sleepy, too.

In both cases, your sleep quality is compromised.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you just forcing yourself to wake up earlier and claiming super-genetics?

How about going to be later and getting up at the same time as everyone else? big grin big grin big grin

Originally posted by Oneness
I'm thinkin' that smaller brains have that gene activated.

The brain is less powerful overall, so being awake more and using more energy from less sleep must have a negative intelligence correlation.

I say that, because I need on average of 10 hours a night to function optimally. That's almost half my life spent sleeping. I'm a terrible, terrible person without sleep. I'm also very VERY easily addicted to anything that relates to dopamine. Food even.

Autistic brains are 45% more active at rest, that further goes into me needing more sleep to get less quality.

Well, a well-documented problem with people that have high-IQs is insomnia (lack of sleep) so your theory is the exact opposite of what generally happens in reality.

Robtard
How about going to be later and getting up at the same time as everyone else? big grin big grin big grin

I do that too, ergo, I'm super too.

Oneness
Well, a well-documented problem with people that have high-IQs is insomnia (lack of sleep) so your theory is the exact opposite of what generally happens in reality. I have insomnia, I just need more rest than normal. Not saying geniuses don't get even a normal amount of sleep. If geniuses got the rest they needed, along with meditation and a super-food diet that they cannot properly regiment and afford from day-to-day, they'd be peak human in multiple fields of science and athletics.

I mean super-perfects, not the phony Leonardo Davinci type polymath. These people have certain genetic overrides that allow them to utilize more energy and this superior nucleotide sequence often does more harm than good due to the stresses and restraints set upon the less-than-spoiled individuals within a capitalistic society.

Although potentially superior, what makes them genius cripples them when not bottle-fed, basically. They get strung out too early in life to even be normally successful.

rudester
I just woke up at 430 today...cut my hair and shaved my beard. Now i feel like sleeping. Im ****ed, got to be in by 9am at work.

Bardock42
I need about 7 hours and 28 minutes. I, too, consider this a superpower.

Unrelated:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/superm_n.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.