Ground realities of One Sith Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenD
DISCLAIMER: This thread is dedicated to explain how One Sith Order gained prominence and what are its ground realities.

Rise of One Sith Order:-

Following events paved way for Sith led by Darth Krayt to gain prominence:

1. Lack of vigilance of the Jedi Order and a plan of Kol Skywalker to restore some worlds, devastated by Yuuzhan Vong in a war, with use of terraforming biotechnology of Yuuzhan Vong, which is perceived to be risky and not advisable by many.

2. Treachery of Moff Council serving Emperor Roan Fel.

For (1.):

Nearly a century after the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong and the establishment of the Galactic Alliance, a powerful and influential Jedi named Kol Skywalker champions a cause that many see as risky, even dangerous. What Skywalker proposes comes to be called the Ossus Project, and its premise is bold: to take Yuuzhan Vong terraforming biotechnology and use it to rebuild devastated worlds. Skywalker advocates allowing the Yuuzhan Vong - many of whom coexist in the galaxy among those that they once sought to conquer - to develop terraforming methods to restore ravaged worlds Caamas, Honoghr, and Ossus.

Collaborating with Yuuzhan Vong shapers, Alliance and Jedi scientists develop a plan to transform dead worlds into vibrant, livable planets similar to the way that the Yuuzhan Vong transformed Coruscant during their galactic invasion.

The first terraforming test is conducted on Ossus. In a short amount of time, Yuuzhan Vong restores Ossus to its state as a lush jungle world. After this rousing success, other worlds vie for a chance to be restored. A small number are chosen for the second phase of Ossus Project. However, efforts to revitalize these worlds are sabotaged by resurgent Sith, whose existence is still unknown to both the Jedi and the galaxy at large. As a mysterious disease ravages the inhabitants of these worlds, the galaxy's mistrust of the Yuuzhan Vong surges once more. The Yuuzhan Vong are blamed for the sabotage, Kol Skywalker and the Jedi are accused for complicity, and the Sith divide the galaxy once more.

So how did resurgent Sith emerged and pulled this off?

With the deaths of Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, it seemed by many as though the Sith had finally been extinguished from the galaxy. However, forces of darkness are not so easily dispatched. A former Emperor's Hand, Lumiya, helped carry on the Sith tradition for a while, but the true resurrection begins on the planet Korriban, where a devotee named A'Sharad Hett learns the ways of Sith tradition and discovers a group of Sith cultists planting the seeds of their eventual return. Hett proves to be the catalyst for this event, and his ascension to the rank of Sith Lord seals the galaxy's fate.

OBSERVATION: It surprises me that Jedi Order did not monitor Korriban for such a long time, allowing the Sith cultists to grow in strength and plot their ascension.

For (2.):

Shortly after the apparent Yuuzhan Vong sabotage becomes public knowledge, worlds and sectors begin seceding from the Galactic Alliance. The Galactic Empire, still prominent and powerful, withdraws from the Alliance. Anger toward Alliance and hatred for the Yuuzhan Vong causes many worlds, some prominent and powerful, to flock to the Empire for protection. With newfound resources and a tide for support, the Empire grows in power and size, allowing it to challenge the Galactic Alliance militarily.

War between the Galactic Alliance and Galactic Empire rages for some time, with both sides trading victories and defeats, until a new faction enters the scene. The Moff Council, unbeknownst to Emperor Roan Fel, had been working behind the scenes to reach an agreement with the Sith. The Sith emerge as a fighting force on the side of the Empire, openly opposing the Galactic Alliance and the Jedi Order. With aid of these dark Force-users, the revitalized Empire sweeps across the Galaxy.

One Sith Order internal mechanisms:-

The situation of Sith acolytes:

Though the Sith rule the galaxy from the Imperial throne on Coruscant, not all those who serve Darth Krayt are Sith Lords. The Sith maintain a cadre of students, sycophants, and aspirants who are collectively called acolytes. These acolytes mostly serve on Coruscant where they act as aides and assistants to the Sith Lords. Darth Maladi has the largest collection of acolytes at her disposal, which is not surprising given her penchant for using agents outside Sith Order (including her Sith spies). The acolytes serves much the same purpose as Darth Sidious's Imperial advisors; they are semi-trusted confidents who serve alongside Sith as they rule the galaxy, providing them with advice, service and loyalty.

Most Sith acolytes are hangers - on who walk the path of the dark side of the Force but who, for whatever reason, do not have the capacity to master the mysteries that the Force presents to all the students. They might know a few tricks, but rarely do their Sith masters allow them to attain anything approaching true power. They serve their chosen Sith Lord for as long they are considered useful, after which point they are disposed of. Some acolytes have managed to survive many years in the service of their Sith masters, and many believe that, as a reward for their faithful service, they will be taken on as a true Sith apprentice to be taught the ways of the dark side.

Sith acolytes are not considered part of Darth Krayt's Sith Order per se, though some of them pick up bits of lore culled from the teachings of the Sith. Although they seldom qualify for Sith apprentice prestige class, Gamemasters who wish to create Sith acolytes for their own games can waive the requirement that the character must be a member of Sith tradition. However, Sith acolytes can have no more then one or two talents from the Sith apprentice prestige class, and even that should represent most elder acolytes.

OSBERVATION:

Emphasis upon developing quality Sith within the One Sith Order is surprisingly strongly lacking. Existing Sith Lords do recruit acolytes but do not properly train them in the ways of the dark side, they restrict their capabilities instead, and mostly dispose them off after using them for personal matters. It is rare for a acolyte to earn the privilege of becoming a Sith apprentice but this is entirely dependent upon the personal choice of a Sith Lord and luck factors such as survival. In the nutshell, it is rare for an acolyte to become a proper Sith apprentice due to philosophical problems of One Sith Order and chosen ones are not necessarily based on merit.

The situation of Imperial citizens:

The citizens of Coruscant live constantly in the freighting shadow of Sith. Sith Lords come and go on daily basis, and whispers among the citizenry claim that some of the more sadistic Sith come down from Krayt's temple to practice their lightsabers on innocent individuals, hunting the people of Coruscant through the darkened alleyways with sadistic pleasure. The Imperial nobles and bureaucrats who live on Coruscant are not immune to these fears, and only the foolish or forsaken dare walk alone on the streets at night.

OBSERVATION:

The situation of Imperial citizens is not good either, they are mostly expendable and some Sith Lords kill them for the sake of pleasure.

I understand that caution is advised while dealing with a Sith Lord but what to do about a Sith Lord who kills simply for personal pleasure and without any reason?

---

ADDITIONAL OBSERVATIONS:-

No concept of Kaggath system:

Darth Krayt did oversee creation of new Sith but he expected his followers to be subservient to him, nothing wrong with this but this restricts the progress of Sith at its APEX. Since all Sith were monitored, it was risky for any Sith to challenge Darth Krayt for supremacy. Their was no concept of Kaggath system in this Empire.

---

The Council of Moffs:

This Council plays the role of Dark Council in the Empire of Darth Krayt, however, it does not contains Sith Lords, its members are the most senior Imperial officers of the Empire.

---

Notable Sith Lords:

Sith Lords are logically the strongest individuals of the Empire. Training procedure is harsh to become a Sith Lord in accordance with Sith tradition. Darth Krayt created a Sith order comprising of multiple Sith Lords and apprentices and monitored Sith development matters.

List adjusted according to power and statistics:

- Darth Krayt (10, 20, +22)
- Darth Wyyrlok (8, 16, 20)
- Darth Nihl (8, 14, 15)
- Darth Maladi (7, 14, 19)
- Darth Talon (6, 14, 14) / Darth Maleval (6, 16, 13)

List adjusted according to dueling abilities:

- Darth Krayt (+24, +20, +22) -> Master swordsman
- Darth Nihl (+21, +19) -> Acknowledged as master swordsman
- Darth Malewal (+18, +17) -> Acknowledged as skilled swordsman
- Darth Talon (+18, +16) -> Acknowledged as skilled swordsman
- Darth Wyyrlok (+16)
- Darth Maladi (+14)

NOTE: Effectiveness in dueling is dependent upon both martial expertise and command of the Force aspects.

For explanation purposes: Darth Wyyrlok is likely to outduel Darth Talon in a strict lightsaber duel on the basis of his superior command of the Force and nearly comparable skills with a lightsaber.

---

Sources:-

- Star Wars: Legacy Era Campaign Guide

The_Tempest
This was really good work well done man

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Thank you smile

S_W_LeGenD
I overlooked Darth Azard's entry.

Darth Azard (7, 14, 18)
Darth Azad (+21, +16, +21, +16)

List adjusted according to power and statistics (revised):

- Darth Krayt (10, 20, +22)
- Darth Wyyrlok (8, 16, +20)
- Darth Nihl (8, 14, +15)
- Darth Maladi (7, 14, +19)
- Darth Azard (7, 14, +18)
- Darth Talon (6, 14, +14) / Darth Maleval (6, 16, +13)

List adjusted according to dueling abilities (revised):

- Darth Krayt (+24, +20, +22) -> Master swordsman
- Darth Nihl (+21, +19) -> Acknowledged as master swordsman
- Darth Azad (+21, +16, +21, +16) -> Acknowledged as master swordsman
- Darth Malewal (+18, +17) -> Acknowledged as skilled swordsman
- Darth Talon (+18, +16) -> Acknowledged as skilled swordsman
- Darth Wyyrlok (+16)
- Darth Maladi (+14)

Fated Xtasy
Are you this intent on proving your TOR sith > All sith? that you'll go as far as making a disrespect thread lmao. wow what a new low you've reached LeGenD. lmfao seriously dude.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The_Tempest

http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

NewGuy01
Azard > Maleval > Talon?

Wat

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Are you this intent on proving your TOR sith > All sith? that you'll go as far as making a disrespect thread lmao. wow what a new low you've reached LeGenD. lmfao seriously dude.
Excuse me! This work is dedicated to a different era then TOR era, some references have been made about ancient aspects/practices of Sith but I didn't make a detailed comparison because I kept maximum focus on Legacy era content.

Q: If an ancient Sith Order is superior to the One Sith Order, this bugs you?

I presented information in this thread with impartiality and fairness. I just want fellow members to know the ground realities of known Sith Orders of the mythos.

I have plans for creating threads for other Sith Orders as well.

B/W Star Wars: Legacy Era Campaign Guide is very informative read. It contains lot of information and helped me gain new perspective about Sith of legacy era. At-least, Sith (Lords) are quality individuals. Though emphasis upon specializations and quality of Sith development processes have been lacking in this era/Order.

Darth Krayt have very impressive stats in particular.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Azard > Maleval > Talon?

Wat
Seems to be the case according to stats. Though characters do have specific talents that I have not considered for rankings otherwise the ranking process would have been too difficult.

Talon and Maleval seem to be on par with each other in raw power aspect and skills with a lightsaber, in the same league perhaps. Azard is above them.

Nephthys
You shouldn't take gameplay stats as valid imo. According to the Kotor CG, Malak was just as smart and more charismatic than Revan, which is lawlsworthy.

Emperordmb
It does support Nihl>Talon though thumb up

psmith81992
When did this happen, lol?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Seems to be the case according to stats. Though characters do have specific talents that I have not considered for rankings otherwise the ranking process would have been too difficult.

Still, Azard lost to a guy that Talon convincingly stomped.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
B/W Star Wars: Legacy Era Campaign Guide is very informative read. It contains lot of information and helped me gain new perspective about Sith of legacy era. At-least, Sith (Lords) are quality individuals. Though emphasis upon specializations and quality of Sith development processes have been lacking in this era/Order.

Is there a Campaign Guide for the LOTF-FOTJ era?

Emperordmb
I never really took roleplay statistics too seriously.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yeah, but stats don't always stack outside of a RP setting, for which they are made.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I never really took roleplay statistics too seriously.

Nor do I- some of the stats are just bad, based on preliminary information (this was put out a few years before Wyyrlok got to duel Krayt), or so on.

View: Maleval being anything special. He's a stormtrooper division political officer. Basically, while not rank and file, he has some importance (divisions are fairly big), but he's well below any of the other sith in the book in importance or shown power.

And Shado Vao, Jedi Master often commented on by others like Ganner Krieg as really skilled, is level *10*. A fight between Maleval and Shado should last maybe 3 seconds... Shado's favor!

Kol Skywalker is below Darth Azard as well, at level 14- rather blatant sith bias here ^^

Though as Roan Fel is an emperor, he gets to be level 20!

About the only thing I'll use the numbers for is if it says someone has a force power, then they do, but it's not good for saying who's better than whom.

I don't think so, I think this RPG ended before that point.

There is a NJO one, but it's poorly organized, about the Vong war and with the character info spread all over.

S_W_LeGenD
I agree that statistics are tricky to consider.

I am not sure what exactly Force value represents since Cade Skywalker have Force value of 5 and yet he is identified to be strong in the Force independently both in the lore and in statistics.

However, I find "Use the Force" value helpful, it likely represents Force manipulation potential or capability.

List in order of "Use the Force" value is this:

- Darth Krayt (+22)
- Darth Wyyrlok (+20)
- Darth Maladi (+19)
- Darth Azard (+18)
- Darth Nihl (+15)
- Darth Talon (+14)
- Darth Maleval (+13)

Still, Azard lost to a guy that Talon convincingly stomped.
Wolf Sazen?

Actually Azard was distracted during the duel by some development and Sazen got the opportunity to kill him during this moment.

In addition, Sazen did not had an arm when he confronted Darth Talon, so wasn't in good shape for this duel.

Force abilities wise, Azard did tank an explosion with his defensive abilities.

Originally posted by Nephthys
You shouldn't take gameplay stats as valid imo. According to the Kotor CG, Malak was just as smart and more charismatic than Revan, which is lawlsworthy.
KoTOR-CG provides statistics of (Darth) Malak, who is possibly on par with (Darth) Revan or close in capabilities.

Darth Malak even claimed that he surpassed his master during the game upon first meeting with him.

No, I don't think so.

You can check related stuff here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Roleplaying_Game_(Wizards_of_the_Coast)

NewGuy01
Sazen had still fought Azard to a stalemate beforehand. On the other hand, Talon casually crushed him and his ally, Shado Vao.

The fact that he only had one arm isn't exactly of much importance. He uses a one-handed style, and he had been without an arm since he was a Padawan. (A decade earlier)

Q99

The fact that he only had one arm isn't exactly of much importance. He uses a one-handed style, and he had been without an arm since he was a Padawan. (A decade earlier)

Wolf was still a master (specifically Cade's master, and a close ally of Kol's) back then- Shado's the one who was a padawan who advanced.

And yea, two-hands gives him a bit more muscle, but it really doesn't affect him much at all, not with so much time used to not having it. He was still able to fight with Nihl with one, after all (implied to be minor disadvantage, but good enough to hold him off for awhile).

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys

They're not canon, per Che.

Only the Strength/Dex/Con stats are ever used.

Q99
Having Azard, ultimately more of an admiral/field leader, above Nihl, who was a Fist, *top* military commander, and Talon, who's a Hand and has shown extensive force ability, doesn't really fit, even with Azard being fairly significant in his own right (it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the potential list of Fists if something happened to Stryfe).

Judging by their performances against Sazen, Azard and Stryfe should be pretty similar, Stryfe's edge.

With Nihl and Talon above them.

Selenial

I've got:

Legacy era CG
And
Jedi Academy training manual

That could be called LOTF/FOTJ Era, but in terms of literally coinciding with the things you want, I doubt it.

Nephthys
I have a site where I can read a ton of sourcebooks and another where I can download almost all the novels. So if you wanna read the Legacy CG click here.

Selenial
Does it have the TORE?

I need that so bad stick out tongue

NewGuy01
Sadly not.

Q99
Btw, a list of some notable Sith outside the inner circle:

Azard, Havok, Wredd's Master (surprisingly unnamed), Darth Luft. It's implied there's a number of others of that level, but those are significant ranking ones we know.

Saarai's arguably in that level too, not for current position, but basically being the 'Wyyrlok-in-waiting' and as strong as a Hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.