Why do they leave some of their best work inside the manga?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I'm beginning to discover that a lot of the anime produced often left their best work inside the manga. After reading the material it would be great to see it produced as an anime. Some examples are Trigun, Berserk, Shigurui, Kenshin and Samurai Deeper Kyo. These manga had a lot of good material but it just takes them along time if ever to produce it as an anime and I always wondered why.

NemeBro
Money.

atv2
Originally posted by NemeBro
Money.

You'd think that the manga would be appealing enough for them convert the content into anime. The financial support would be reasonable for the in debt stories they put on the manga. I just feel like they have been getting lazy with it in just leaving the viewers with incomplete content when it comes to the anime.

Q99
Keep in mind, most shows are 26 episodes, and don't have the budget to do too much fancy with much of it.

Additionally, often a manga is popular enough to get an anime while the manga's not yet done, so the anime has to go solo.

Bentley
Kenshin? Are you implying that the Enishi saga is among the best of the series? mmm

atv2
Originally posted by Bentley
Kenshin? Are you implying that the Enishi saga is among the best of the series? mmm

I'm not sure about that but it would be really good to see it. The Jinchuu Arc has been the rage of Kenshin since the Kyoto Arc and the only thing we've seen of it is the scene from Samurai X Reflection where Kenshin fights Enishi. It would have been well worth seeing as an Anime.

atv2
Originally posted by Q99
Keep in mind, most shows are 26 episodes, and don't have the budget to do too much fancy with much of it.

Additionally, often a manga is popular enough to get an anime while the manga's not yet done, so the anime has to go solo.

Then there's DBZ which went for more than 200 episodes and went hand and hand with the manga. There has been so many editions of DBZ by many of them balanced out with the manga if not better and that's rare and at the same time DBZ is a very powerful series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.