How many times would Wolverine would have died. ..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Letters
...if he didn't have his healing factor?

Im thinking on average, about once an appearance, if not more.

-K-M-
Many. If it wasn't for his "deal" with Azrael, the Angel of Death he would have been dead countless times

Magnon
Originally posted by Letters
...if he didn't have his healing factor?

Im thinking on average, about once an appearance, if not more.

Not many, if at all. They just have him take horrible damage from every source imaginable to showcase his HF. If he didn't have it, they wouldn't have him take damage either. He would be more like Daredevil or Cap.

That's how it worked back in the day when his healing factor took days to heal a wound which would normally take weeks to heal (i.e. when his HF was too slow to be truly helpful during combat and it just helped him recover faster afterwards).

Letters
Originally posted by JavaTheHot
wolverine is one of the most trained fighters marvel has to offer. he lets himself get hurt because he doesnt give a crap. he knows his HF will save him. why wont you read some wolverine comics junior, and see how he operated without his healing factor. without the healing factor he took on an enhanced sabretooth, omega red and lady deathstrike. Failed attempt at trolling.

That's not exactly true. Did Wolverine let himself get captured and tortured by the Reavers?

Or when he gets shot and "dies" and the badguy gets away? He lets that happen?

Or how about now that he is responsible for youngsters. He lets himself get incinerated putting his students in danger? Because he doesn't care about them?

Well I disagree. It seems to me if he was so skilled he would die a lot less often.

Letters
Originally posted by Magnon
Not many, if at all. They just have him take horrible damage from every source imaginable to showcase his HF. If he didn't have it, they wouldn't have him take damage either. He would be more like Daredevil or Cap.

That's how it worked back in the day when his healing factor took days to heal a wound which would normally take weeks to heal (i.e. when his HF was too slow to be truly helpful during combat and it just helped him recover faster afterwards).

We shouldn't speculate on what would have happened if blah blah blah. We should focus on what actually has happened.

Letters
its not about wolverine its about the writers. for over 20 years they find it cool the slaughter wolverine and show what an amazing healing factor he has. the moment he doesnt have a healing factor he is taking names left and right.

So now do we not count Wolverines hf feats because of "writers!"?

We should accept what actually happens on the printed page. Don't you think?

Blaming all writers who have written Wolverine opposite the way you would prefer is not an option. Especially since there are so many for so long.
This is the character Wolverine has become whether you like it or not.

If you don't like that character or what he has become that's fine, but it doesn't change what has happened. I'm just trying to figure out how many times he would have died. Is it toi many to even count at this point?

Letters
you are the one speculating in the first place. what happened was wolverine taking this and that because he doesnt give a shit he knows he will recover very fast.

I asked you a few questions about this in the third post. Would you care to answer or keep misrepresenting the character without any proof.

Letters
Actually he defeated Shang Chi when he had bone claws and his hf was skyrocketing at the time due to not being constantly poisoned by the adamantium.

Logan even mentions his hf during the fight so you can't say it didn't play a factor.

Is there another time they fought where Wolverine didn't have his HF?

When did he fight lady deathstrike and Omega Red without his HF? Id like to see those.

Also, it doesn't matter what the focus has been for Wolverine. These things happened in the comics. Is it a habit of yours to ignore feats?

Don't be mad at me that Wolverine has become a walking unskilled powerset whose only "skill" is damage soaking his way through battle.

Letters
Are you going to answer these questions java? Or just ignore them again proving your argument is completely false?

Originally posted by Letters
That's not exactly true. Did Wolverine let himself get captured and tortured by the Reavers?

Or how about now that he is responsible for youngsters. He lets himself get incinerated putting his students in danger? Because he doesn't care about them?

Well I disagree. It seems to me if he was so skilled he would die a lot less often.

Letters
Did Wolverine let himself get captured and tortured by the Reavers?

Or when Silver Samurai 2 nails him to a tree then set off a nuke in his face, he lets that happen?

riv6672
Um...people. The correct answer to the OP is, ONCE. wink

Letters
So, Wolverine doesn't give a shit about his students. When he gets taken out of a fught, he willingly puts his students and teammates in danger for 2 minutes while he's taking a rest. What a scumbag. And this guy is suposed to be a hero that helps people? How can anyone like this guy when he willingly puts students and team members in danger?

And what does that say about his overall formidability? I guess Wolverine without hf is greater than Wolvie with hf.

Letters
Originally posted by riv6672
Um...people. The correct answer to the OP is, ONCE. wink

And we have a winner! Lol

Letters
Did Java delete all of his posts? Whats up with that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.