Annihilators vs. Superman (prereboot)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
I don't want to derail the ownage thread any further with disagreements so I created the appropriate thread. Same lineup that faced Thanos. Who wins ?

Bentley
Do they fight stupid like they did against Thanos?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Bentley
Do they fight stupid like they did against Thanos? how did they fight stupid?

quanchi112
Do they fight stupid like they did against Thanos? Does Superman have the same powers that Thanos has ?

laughing out loud

You can't really argue since they use different methods and react differently in battles.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman beats BRB and Ronan. check

Bait thread. check

Pathetic. check

Butthurt. check

Quan. check

I am 100% sure you expected more, something like Thanos beating them as a team, you are disappointed but you shouldn't disgrace Thanos with your childish behaviour.

Bentley
Originally posted by Insane Titan
how did they fight stupid?

BRB fell for Thanos's taunts and threw his hammer instead of using exotic powers (which he could use according to forum rules). Instead of using transmutation or fancy energies, Ronan used his hammer like a club. If we are counting Surfer's brief blast, then the difference with a Surfer using his abilities to his best it's ginormous.

Keep in mind that while there is no way in hell either Ronan or BRB beat Thanos, if they fought at their best they could prove enough of a hindrance to Kal to matter quite a bit in the end result. If they are in their jobbers mindset, you can probably find showings of Kal beating similar line ups.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman beats BRB and Ronan. check

Bait thread. check

Pathetic. check

Butthurt. check

Quan. check

I am 100% sure you expected more, something like Thanos beating them as a team, you are disappointed but you shouldn't disgrace Thanos with your childish behaviour. I created a thread after I disagreed with another poster in the ownage thread.

I don't believe he can beat Bill and if he does he will be in a lot of pain. I think the others easily defeat him at that point even if he manages to ko Bill.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Does Superman have the same powers that Thanos has ?

I thought making other characters stupid wasn't an actual super power mmm

Insane Titan
BRB fell for Thanos's taunts and threw his hammer instead of using exotic powers (which he could use according to forum rules). Instead of using transmutation or fancy energies, Ronan used his hammer like a club. If we are counting Surfer's brief blast, then the difference with a Surfer using his abilities to his best it's ginormous.

Keep in mind that while there is no way in hell either Ronan or BRB beat Thanos, if they fought at their best they could prove enough of a hindrance to Kal to matter quite a bit in the end result. If they are in their jobbers mindset, you can probably find showings of Kal beating similar line ups. so because they fought like they do most of the time in COMICS they fought stupid! Lol

carver9
Superman can beat both Bill and Ronan one on one.

Bentley
I created a thread after I disagreed with another poster in the ownage thread.

The very definition of a bait thread?

Let me backseat mod and tell you to take it to PMs next time thumb up

One of these days backseat modding will get me banned sad

quanchi112
I thought making other characters stupid wasn't an actual super power mmm They weren't stupid but compared to Thanos most characters end up looking stupid IMO. It's what happens when geniuses who can fight with tactics meet for the most part brawlers.

Bentley
so because they fought like they do most of the time in COMICS they fought stupid! Lol

Well... Yes? I mean, we have a rule that states they fight to the best of their abilities which is almost unheard of in comics, and certainly is not featured in your average showing. BRB and Ronan have a few smart showings but they fight stupid most of the time, so your argument is pertinent.

Insane Titan
Well... Yes? I mean, we have a rule that states they fight to the best of their abilities which is almost unheard of in comics, and certainly is not featured in your average showing. BRB and Ronan have a few smart showings but they fight stupid most of the time, so your argument is pertinent. so they fought in character then and not stupid, gotcha.

quanchi112
The very definition of a bait thread?

Let me backseat mod and tell you to take it to PMs next time thumb up

One of these days backseat modding will get me banned sad I did it to save that thread being derailed. When you think about it I'm quite heroic.

Bentley
so they fought in character then and not stupid, gotcha.

Again, there is the in-character rule and then there is the "to the best of their abilities" rule. Take Thanos as an example, he's a genius and a famed tactician but most of the time he just stands there taking hits. Does this means he fights stupid in the forums? It's not a part of his personality/character, I've always assumed that Thanos would fight like an strategist in any forum battle he's in.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by carver9
Superman can beat both Bill and Ronan one on one.

Bill would give him a hell of a great fight though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Bill would give him a hell of a great fight though. Imo those who give Superman the win over Bill don't see it as a relative stomp but a hard earned victory. I personally give Bill the slight majority over Kal.

Bentley
I did it to save that thread being derailed. When you think about it I'm quite heroic.

I'll give that to you, you're prone to spontaneous heroism.

quanchi112
I'll give that to you, you're prone to spontaneous heroism. Sometimes I'm too benevolent for my own good.

zopzop
Annihilators demolish him.

Blue Area Vet
I created a thread after I disagreed with another poster in the ownage thread.

I don't believe he can beat Bill and if he does he will be in a lot of pain. I think the others easily defeat him at that point even if he manages to ko Bill.

Quan, this is a HORRIBLE thread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Quan, this is a HORRIBLE thread. What makes you say so ?

Blue Area Vet
What makes you say so ?

Think about that for a second. First of all, it's complete spite. Second of all, you are inviting the Superman zealots to banned together at the water hole and start an orgy. Luckily it hasn't happene for the most part. Third, why the HELL are you indirectly comparing Thanos to Superman?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Think about that for a second. First of all, it's complete spite. Second of all, you are inviting the Superman zealots to banned together at the water hole and start an orgy. Luckily it hasn't happene for the most part. Third, why the HELL are you indirectly comparing Thanos to Superman? One disagreed with me and I gave him the appropriate platform to convince me. He obviously didn't believe what he said. Just because I disagree with another's viewpoints that doesn't mean I can't at least try to understand where they are coming from.

carver9
Bill would give Superman hell and it's debatable imo on who would pull the majority, but, Superman can beat him. Ronan would be somewhat of a fight until Superman got serious. If the question is who would win between Superman and Thanos, then that answer is obvious.

h1a8
So Glads, Ronan, and Bill against Superman?

See characters fight dumb in a comic but not so dumb in a forum fight. People judge how characters will fight in a forum based off them fighting dumb in a comic.

Superman would easily beat any of these characters one on one. But by Glads being on the team, I don't see Superman winning this at all. Superman would give a hell of a fight though, especially if he is fighting to the best of abilities AS SHOWN BEFORE IN COMICS.
Superman can use freeze breath, hv, speed, intangibility, etc. and will put up a decent fight.
Glads and Bill together is a little too much. Ronan is a chump IMO, but he does add a little to the team if Superman gets slowed down some, I must admit.

carver9
Gladiator has ice breath, heat vision, and speed as well. Don't get your point in bringing that up. Either Glads or Bills can pull wins against Superman. The majority is based on your opinion. Also, if current Superman is being debated here, Gladiator speed out classes him since he has nanoseconds second combat showings.

Rao Kal El
So is Superman actually facing the team?

or He gets to BFR Gladiator, take away stormbreaker from brb, while Ronan just stands up there and when he is about face Quasar, Warlock jumps in, then Surfer comes in and when he is about face Surfer also warlock jumps in?

Yeah Superman wins the second scenario with that much help smile

Now, can we make a thread where Thanos bench presses earth for 5 days?

quanchi112
Superman can attempt to fight as tactically as Thanos did in this instance. Keep in mind that Superman can't create shields and what not or portals so he can try to bfr Gladiator under his own powers. He can't do so in the same manner. He can also try to keep Bill's hammer away from him and attempt to destroy Ronan's weapon as well as laugh off Surfer's blasts. It's isn't bloody likely.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator has ice breath, heat vision, and speed as well. Don't get your point in bringing that up. Either Glads or Bills can pull wins against Superman. The majority is based on your opinion. Also, if current Superman is being debated here, Gladiator speed out classes him since he has nanoseconds second combat showings. Notice that I said

But by Glads being on the team, I don't see Superman winning this at all.

Bill is not beating Superman one on one and neither is Glads. Superman uses his powers far more efficiently and skilled that Glads and is arguably stronger. Plus Superman is much smarter.

Rao Kal El
But Superman is fighting with the advantage of remembering and using his other powers right? While the others won't use and won't remember their other powers, right?

And he gets to fight them almost one by one still with adam warlock taking the last two.

Still Superman

pym-ftw
The whole team vs Superman? Lol

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
But Superman is fighting with the advantage of remembering and using his other powers right? While the others won't use and won't remember their other powers, right?

And he gets to fight them almost one by one still with adam warlock taking the last two.

Still Superman haha cry some more.

You act like their others powers would actually take Thanos down.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Still Superman I don't really see an argument that they jobbed out to Thanos, Bill got in a couple good shots and then got pummeled while Ronan snuck up on Thanos even if it was in vain... i mean had it worked people would have praised their teamwork, as far as Quasar goes he was busy restraining Warlock during the fight and it was made perfectly clear Thanos didn't need Warlocks help.

Just my opinion.

Prof. T.C McAbe
If the Annihilators have the same members and fight the same way I see Supes winning or if he is in the OWAW Mindset. DCnU Supes gets a lot of hype and feats now.

Funny if you think about it. Marvel brings Exitar, slowed down by DeathSentry and Rogue with the strength of all Heroes on Earth. DC brings a similar feat but bigger where you also have a big gun and a girl stopping something.
That means.
DS = Rogue = Every Hero on earth
Martian Manhunter >= Rogue = every hero on marvel earth = both are girls
Superman >= DeathSentry = every hero on marvel earth

More than this.

SunGod (Marvels xth Superman) beats Hulk and tells him that he is only the strongest one in his own Universe.
Angela (Marvels WonderWoman) beats a weakened Thor which still wouldn't matter because she is a lot faster, an argument made by the WW fans more than once.

Thanos stating two times that he doesn't want to face Gladiator (the Prime Superman clone in the 616 Universe) and giving him too much props...

That makes no sense.... except!

Disney is buying DC! Glads will be revealed as a Kryptonian baby and Thanos as Darkseids Avatar! Angela is indeed Marvels WW.

And comics will soon turn to shit.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
If the Annihilators have the same members and fight the same way I see Supes winning or if he is in the OWAW Mindset. DCnU Supes gets a lot of hype and feats now.

Funny if you think about it. Marvel brings Exitar, slowed down by DeathSentry and Rogue with the strength of all Heroes on Earth. DC brings a similar feat but bigger where you also have a big gun and a girl stopping something.
That means.
DS = Rogue = Every Hero on earth
Martian Manhunter >= Rogue = every hero on marvel earth = both are girls
Superman >= DeathSentry = every hero on marvel earth

More than this.

SunGod (Marvels xth Superman) beats Hulk and tells him that he is only the strongest one in his own Universe.
Angela (Marvels WonderWoman) beats a weakened Thor which still wouldn't matter because she is a lot faster, an argument made by the WW fans more than once.

Thanos stating two times that he doesn't want to face Gladiator (the Prime Superman clone in the 616 Universe) and giving him too much props...

That makes no sense.... except!

Disney is buying DC! Glads will be revealed as a Kryptonian baby and Thanos as Darkseids Avatar! Angela is indeed Marvels WW.

And comics will soon turn to shit.
Are you trying to about everyone here?

Anyway Supes gets eviscerates

CatL18
Many people say that Superman is vulnerable to telepathy, so Character with strong teleparthy can easily mindrape superman.
So, can Silver Surfer mindrape Superman?
But, I know that Superman has many resistant feat against very strong telepathy, Superman has resisted Despero,Mageddon,Hammond,Dominus,Arion,etc.
In DCnU, Superman resisted Helspont.
Is it true that Superman is very vulnerable to telepathy?
what do you think?

eaebiakuya
Bill was more dumb than a average comics charachter. Come on...toss the hammer because...Thanos said him to do that ? lol

Ronan waited Bill be defeated to act ? Using a regular hit after seeing what Thanos did to Bill (he know he is the weaker member of Annihilators).

About the thread, Superman loses.

Rao Kal El
haha cry some more.

You act like their others powers would actually take Thanos down.

laughing out loud And you act as if Thanos can't be hurt

If you want WE can compare UNDER Starlin what can hust Thanos vs what can hurt Superman smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.