Dc buckles under pressure and moves Sup/Bat release date

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/06/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-moves-to-march-2016-release

Cap 3 stood its ground. Release date for other dc films as well.

juggerman
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
laughing out loud Glorious.

laughing out loud

Impediment
As much as I want to see this, I think that it's gonna fail.

Inhuman
Originally posted by quanchi112
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/06/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-moves-to-march-2016-release

http://i.imgur.com/1qZ51xg.jpg

"this isn't freedom, this is fear"

quanchi112
Originally posted by Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/1qZ51xg.jpg

"this isn't freedom, this is fear" thumb up

Firefly218
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120804/3858941-1401478575483.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120804/3858941-1401478575483.gif Awesome.

playa1258
Yeah, DC moving to March is smart. It avoids direct competition, gives it pretty much one month to make as much coin as it can. Not to mention Easter and Spring break to help with box-office.

Based

Spin. What glorious spin. Thanks for proving the point bud.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Based
Spin. What glorious spin. Thanks for proving the point bud. Dc buckled under the pressure and didn't want to chance losing to one marvel hero. Marvel punked two icons with one far less popular hero.

playa1258
Marvel did not punk a damn thing. I swear Quan you are the second biggest troll I have ever seen on any comic board.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Marvel did not punk a damn thing. I swear Quan you are the second biggest troll I have ever seen on any comic board. Watch the ign clip in which they both speculate as to why they changed their date. They blinked and marvel stood their ground. Huge marvel win over two icons.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Another "I hate DC" thread in the movies section from quan. *shocking*

Firefly218
DC was just being smart. Why compete directly with a Marvel movie? It'll just eat into potential profits.

quanchi112
DC was just being smart. Why compete directly with a Marvel movie? It'll just eat into potential profits. Taken from the ign link I provided.

The Batman v Superman move by Warners obviously avoids a face-off with Marvel's increasingly seemingly unbeatable properties. It had long been assumed that either BvS or Cap 3 would move, and now we have our answer as to who blinked first.

playa1258
Yep. Smart business move by DC.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Another "I hate DC" thread in the movies section from quan. *shocking* Hey, respond to the thread as in dc moving two icons as to avoid a showdown with a marvel property not your personal humiliations and backing down from me.

Robtard

quanchi112

playa1258
Cap will be lucky to open to over $120 million. The Hunger Games March opening weekend record of $152 million is going to be nuked by Batman/Superman.

quanchi112
Cap will be lucky to open to over $120 million. The Hunger Games March opening weekend record of $152 million is going to be nuked by Batman/Superman. We shall see.

One thing we won't see is the two movies facing off because dc backed down.

Robtard
That is what they'd say but that isn't the reality. Everyone knew it was likely one company would change the date and dc buckled.

Cap bucked 'em.

You're using IGN to "prove" your stance while ignoring that IGN agreed with Warner's assessment that is was a smart move. You're a silly man.

quanchi112
You're using IGN to "prove" your stance while ignoring that IGN agreed with Warner's assessment that is was a smart move. It is a smart move not to take marvel on. I agree but it is cowardly and something I wouldn't do myself. They flinched and backed down to marvel.

Very beta.

Robtard
Good, you agree that Warner was smart here. Your whole premise has now been killed and it only took me 2 post. thumb up /thread

quanchi112
Good, you agree that Warner was smart here. Your whole premise has now been killed and it only took me 2 post. thumb up /thread They are smart to back down. Marvel is clearly superior. I have said it for a while.

You are the champion of backing down so of course you love it.

Two icons backing down to Cap is right up Rob's alley.

wakkawakkawakka
The Disney Overlords be praised....no expression

WhiteWitchKing
Yup, WB blinked. The fans keep saying it's not because they're chicken but about being smart. Yes it's a smart move, but they didn't want to do that. They wanted to pick a fight to show fans that their movie was so much more epic that it would force Marvel to move their movie that they had scheduled first. WB picked the same week as that of Marvel's movie knowing full well that it would take some revenue from both movies since they share the same audiences. They did anyways. But now that Guardians of the Galaxy has been a hit, WB is shaking and chickened out. They couldn't finish the fight they started and ran. DC fanboys: No! It's a smart business decision, not chicken move! LMAO

-Pr-
Another "I hate DC" thread in the movies section from quan. *shocking*

Yeah; no idea why anyone is really that surprised.

dat insecurity.

BruceSkywalker
Cap will be lucky to open to over $120 million. The Hunger Games March opening weekend record of $152 million is going to be nuked by Batman/Superman.

well with cap 3 being powered by age of ultron, the likelihood of chris evans' final time as Cap and Winter Soldier opening up to $95 million, one can reasonably assume that Cap 3 can and very well could have an opening weekend of $120 million ,if not more

-Pr-
cap could be an absolute steaming pile of shit, and it will still make money. it would take a lot to make it anything less than a sure thing.

Inhuman
Originally posted by -Pr-
cap could be an absolute steaming pile of shit, and it will still make money. it would take a lot to make it anything less than a sure thing.

To be fair. You can say the same for bat vs supes

-Pr-

To an extent, maybe, but not to the same extent. Not closely, imo.

Cap has enough backing it up that it will survive either way.

SVB needs to be good to build this shared universe.

quanchi112
Two icons vs cap and all of a sudden cap is a sure thing. Two icons on the heels of the success of Man of Steel and it is more of a gamble.

Robtard
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Yup, WB blinked. The fans keep saying it's not because they're chicken but about being smart. Yes it's a smart move, but they didn't want to do that. They wanted to pick a fight to show fans that their movie was so much more epic that it would force Marvel to move their movie that they had scheduled first. WB picked the same week as that of Marvel's movie knowing full well that it would take some revenue from both movies since they share the same audiences. They did anyways. But now that Guardians of the Galaxy has been a hit, WB is shaking and chickened out. They couldn't finish the fight they started and ran. DC fanboys: No! It's a smart business decision, not chicken move! LMAO

"WB picked the same week as that of Marvel's movie knowing full well that it would take some revenue from both movies since they share the same audiences.", this is a very odd statement.

Do you really think there's a sizable amount of people (that would make a difference) who absolutely wouldn't go see Batman Vs Superman in the theater just because they previously watched Cap3?

ares834
laughing out loud

BvS is a sure thing. Now whether or not it is good enough or makes enough to launch a DC movie verse is the question.

quanchi112
"WB picked the same week as that of Marvel's movie knowing full well that it would take some revenue from both movies since they share the same audiences.", this is a very odd statement.

Do you really think there's a sizable amount of people (that would make a difference) who absolutely wouldn't go see Batman Vs Superman in the theater just because they previously watched Cap3? Dc blinked and were punked by marvel and cap. No biggie.

Robtard
Dc blinked and were punked by marvel and cap. No biggie.

I'm not a silly "I love one franchise so I have to hate the other" guy like you. I like both, so even if that were true, it would be irrelevant to me. /denied

BruceSkywalker

thumb up

Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

BvS is a sure thing. Now whether or not it is good enough or makes enough to launch a DC movie verse is the question.

let us all hope it makes enough money to justify them copying Marvel, ya know the whole thing of them putting out dates and then saying what film occupys said date..

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

I don't think it's nearly as sure a thing as cap is, and I think it's relying more on it's own quality than cap is by a far extent.

Two icons vs cap and all of a sudden cap is a sure thing. Two icons on the heels of the success of Man of Steel and it is more of a gamble.

you couldn't be any more transparent if you were made of glass.

Esau Cairn
At the end of the day a major factor is the amount of screens each cinema complex has.

Major blockbusters can have up to 4 screens showing the same feature...then you have the sessions broken into 2D & 3D screenings.

No theatre complex is going to show just 2 features (Cap3 & Supes/Bat) on all their screens for x amount of weeks.

quanchi112
I don't think it's nearly as sure a thing as cap is, and I think it's relying more on it's own quality than cap is by a far extent.

you couldn't be any more transparent if you were made of glass. I just posted a link. I didn't write the story, brah.

Dc buckled, brah.

I'm not a silly "I love one franchise so I have to hate the other" guy like you. I like both, so even if that were true, it would be irrelevant to me. /denied I do not hate dc I just prefer marvel. I see why you resonate so much with dc being such a coward yourself and all.

#Sandorrocks

Robtard
I do not hate dc I just prefer marvel. I see why you resonate so much with dc being such a coward yourself and all.

#Sandorrocks

You're embarrassing yourself again with nonsense like this, quan.

quanchi112
You're embarrassing yourself again with nonsense like this, quan. Says the guy ashamed of himself. Irony.

Dc buckled and everyone knows it. The dc fanboys say otherwise. Cap pushed both batman and superman around showing weakness.

-Pr-
I just posted a link. I didn't write the story, brah.

Dc buckled, brah.

I do not hate dc I just prefer marvel. I see why you resonate so much with dc being such a coward yourself and all.

#Sandorrocks

you wrote the title of the thread, brah.

Says the guy ashamed of himself. Irony.

Dc buckled and everyone knows it. The dc fanboys say otherwise. Cap pushed both batman and superman around showing weakness.

lol, you can lie as much as you like, it doesn't make it true.

juggerman
"They buckled and are cowards"

"They are just being smart"

I honestly don't care either way, I'm just happy I get to see it sooner!!!

quanchi112
you wrote the title of the thread, brah.

lol, you can lie as much as you like, it doesn't make it true. They did buckle under the pressure. We all waited to see which company would change and it wasn't mighty marvel. Two dc icons look weak to just Cap.

DARTH POWER
They did buckle under the pressure. We all waited to see which company would change and it wasn't mighty marvel. Two dc icons look weak to just Cap.

We'll see in 2016 which film makes more money. Cap has a chance if B V S sucks, and Cap 3 rocks.

But really B V S doesn't want to compete with Cap. It (ideally) wants Avengers type business.

But a film like Cap could take B V S down a couple hundred million. And vice versa. And whilst Marvel could afford the hit with just one of it's big properties- Cap. WB can not afford to take a hit on B V S, as it's their potential biggest hit to date and is going to kick off their Shared Cinematic Universe.

Put simply B V S is far more important to WB than CAP 3 is to Marvel.

"They buckled and are cowards"

"They are just being smart"

I honestly don't care either way, I'm just happy I get to see it sooner!!!

Lol same here! thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
We'll see in 2016 which film makes more money. Cap has a chance if B V S sucks, and Cap 3 rocks.

But really B V S doesn't want to compete with Cap. It (ideally) wants Avengers type business.

But a film like Cap could take B V S down a couple hundred million. And vice versa. And whilst Marvel could afford the hit with just one of it's big properties- Cap. WB can not afford to take a hit on B V S, as it's their potential biggest hit to date and is going to kick off their Shared Cinematic Universe.

Put simply B V S is far more important to WB than CAP 3 is to Marvel.

Lol same here! thumb up The two icons should clearly make more money than cap 3. That is what is so funny with dc backing down from their powerhouse movie to cap 3.

Dc looked weak up against marvel in the same release date. Hilariously weak.

-Pr-
They did buckle under the pressure. We all waited to see which company would change and it wasn't mighty marvel. Two dc icons look weak to just Cap.

Except that it isn't just Cap. It's tied in to the Avengers and the Marvel shared universe. If Cap 3 bombs, Marvel won't take a hard hit.

WB has far more to lose if this movie bombs than Marvel/Disney does with Cap.

Should they have gone against Cap and the MCU in the first place? No, as they aren't direct competition right now, and are well behind in developing their universe. They were right to move, and I'm sure WB will have trouble consoling themselves with all the extra money they'll be making now that they're unopposed.

The two icons should clearly make more money than cap 3. That is what is so funny with dc backing down from their powerhouse movie to cap 3.

Dc looked weak up against marvel in the same release date. Hilariously weak.

Not at all.

If you could get over your hate, you'd see that.

quanchi112
Except that it isn't just Cap. It's tied in to the Avengers and the Marvel shared universe. If Cap 3 bombs, Marvel won't take a hard hit.

WB has far more to lose if this movie bombs than Marvel/Disney does with Cap.

Should they have gone against Cap and the MCU in the first place? No, as they aren't direct competition right now, and are well behind in developing their universe. They were right to move, and I'm sure WB will have trouble consoling themselves with all the extra money they'll be making now that they're unopposed.

Not at all.

If you could get over your hate, you'd see that. It is just cap. It isn't an avengers film and just because marvel has built an on screen empire don't hold their success against them.

I agree dc has more to lose and fault it to poor planning and shitty execution.

Dc backed down whether you want to admit it or not. We all waited and dc buckled first.

Hatred makes me strong.

-Pr-
It is just cap. It isn't an avengers film and just because marvel has built an on screen empire don't hold their success against them.

I agree dc has more to lose and fault it to poor planning and shitty execution.

Dc backed down whether you want to admit it or not. We all waited and dc buckled first.

Hatred makes me strong.

It isn't just Cap though; it's part of a franchise. A franchise that backs it up.

They get a date wrong and suddenly they plan badly and execute badly. Don't be silly.

Changing a date, which is a smart move, to make more money... Yes, those silly, silly people.

Not a word I'd use.

quanchi112
It isn't just Cap though; it's part of a franchise. A franchise that backs it up.

They get a date wrong and suddenly they plan badly and execute badly. Don't be silly.

Changing a date, which is a smart move, to make more money... Yes, those silly, silly people.

Not a word I'd use. Not every dc character comes along with Batman and Superman but in this case a lot of heroes are being established. This is a film which features two icons against one marvel hero in one outing and they back down.

Who had the date first ?

Rao Kal El
Lol @ this thread

quanchi112
http://i.imgur.com/FLXH8x4.jpg

laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Lol @ the pic

The thread is still retarded though, IMO.

Business decisions are based on money, this is no exception as much as you will like to troll dc fans.

I am happy with the superhero movies so far, something that was lacking on previous decades

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Lol @ the pic

The thread is still retarded though, IMO.

Business decisions are based on money, this is no exception as much as you will like to troll dc fans.

I am happy with the superhero movies so far, something that was lacking on previous decades Who had the date first ?

Batman and Superman is a sure thing and if Cap originally had the date and they moved it onto the same date as Cap and then changed it they just made themselves look like bigger jackasses.

Rao Kal El
It was perfectly explained on the video.

From a business point of view is a good move, since DC is on an uphill battle.

It makes perfect sense if you want to maximize profits.

quanchi112
It was perfectly explained on the video.

From a business point of view is a good move, since DC is on an uphill battle.

It makes perfect sense if you want to maximize profits. Dc first set the stage for the battle. Huge blunder on their end because lots of different sources feel they backed down after the GOTG success.

Don't pick a fight you can't finish. They set up the date as the same weekend marvel originally slotted Cap three for then backed down showing trepidation.

Once again, the Marvel brand has asserted its dominance over DC. Warner Bros. just announed that the highly anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been moved. The film will no longer go head to head with Marvel's Captain America 3 on May 6, 2016. Instead, the former will open March 25, way ahead of the summer rush.

The March release date will give Batman v Superman plenty of breathing room at the box office. When Warner Bros. first staked its claim on May 6, it seemed adamant about not budging. Perhaps Guardians of the Galaxy's stellar performance last weekend reiterated that even Marvel's lesser-known properties can bring in the big bucks. They're a studio that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Not my words yet another sources.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-8-6/wb-moves-batman-v-superman-cap-3-release-date-claims-dc-dates-through-2020

Rao Kal El
And?

I am trying to see your point, but all I see is a decision based on business

quanchi112
And?

I am trying to see your point, but all I see is a decision based on business

Dc only looks bad because they backed down from a release date they had up against just Cap. They need to worry about establishing their own universe and not taking on the big bad bully known as marvel in the first place.

Marvel asserted its dominance once again.

Rao Kal El
Nope DC look smart by moving the release date where there is less competition so they can profit more and there is less risk of flopping.

Smart move by DC thumb up

quanchi112
Nope DC look smart by moving the release date where there is less competition so they can profit more and there is less risk of flopping.

Smart move by DC thumb up I think it makes them look scared of marvel as do others. So to each his own.

Zack Fair
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120804/3858941-1401478575483.gif crylaugh

-Pr-
Not every dc character comes along with Batman and Superman but in this case a lot of heroes are being established. This is a film which features two icons against one marvel hero in one outing and they back down.

Who had the date first ?

What? Cap is more a sure thing than SvB, as it has the Avengers behind it. SvB has more to lose. So they moved to a period where they'd make a shit-load more money. Struggling to see how that's a bad decision.

I don't know who had it first.

I think it makes them look scared of marvel as do others. So to each his own.

Scared of what? All the extra money they'll make?

And it's still WB v Disney, not Marvel v DC, no matter how much you want to make it so.

WB execs are terrified i'm sure:

"What, they called us cowards? How will we ever go on?"

http://i.imgur.com/YuMlL9W.gif

DARTH POWER

Marvel had it first. But it was an unknown/untitled film when WB announced B v S was moving to the same date.

I guess WB assumed it was going to be some new title like Dr. Strange or Black Panther. Still putting it on the same date as any Marvel film was silly to begin with. On that much I agree with the Troll/DC Hater.

Rao Kal El

http://i.imgur.com/YuMlL9W.gif

I wish I could wipe my tears with $100.00 dollar bills big grin

zeel
This was a smart move for D.C. actually if the 2 had to compete at the same time im sure The D.C. movie would win out but at the same time take a huge knock on the head from cap 3 and this they do not need.

I firmly believe D.C. needs to slow down and start with one franchise at a time. They had success with MOS now work on a solo wonderwoman franchise mabey flash,GL,shazam and aquaman. Rushing things to play catch up is not a good idea. I also feel D.C. needs to stop catering to the 15- 30 year olds. Cater to everyone. Till they do this marvel will destroy them.

There are only so many teenagers and young adults out there. Catering to one age group is not a good tactic.

abhilegend
Yeah, WB has made some smart decisions. Like using marvel studio's hard work in establishing a general awareness of superhero movies to their advantage. The general public would see nearly any Superhero movie nowadays. When you look back to the earnings of Batman Begins, Cap 1, Thor 1, IM1 and to GOTG, there is a huge amount of difference. That's marvel studio's hard work and now that general awareness would help DC movies too. Bravo marvel.

What in internet terms is "Marvel left DC behind" is actually "DC is going to make huge profits without risking anything of their own movies while taking advantage of marvel's hard work."

Sure, they are behind some years but that's neither here nor there. I'm just happy to see some quality superhero movies.

thumb up

playa1258
WB was very smart in moving this film up. It gets basically 6 weeks to itself and should make some serious cash in that time. WB is going to market the hell out of this film(WB has arguably the best marketing in Hollywood) which will increase hype leading to a massive weekend.

This release date avoids one of the mistakes made with MOS namely, opening the week before two big openers that tore into it's audience(Monster's University,WWZ). I'm expecting this to be WB/DC's highest grossing comic film ever.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, WB has made some smart decisions. Like using marvel studio's hard work in establishing a general awareness of superhero movies to their advantage. The general public would see nearly any Superhero movie nowadays. When you look back to the earnings of Batman Begins, Cap 1, Thor 1, IM1 and to GOTG, there is a huge amount of difference. That's marvel studio's hard work and now that general awareness would help DC movies too. Bravo marvel.

What in internet terms is "Marvel left DC behind" is actually "DC is going to make huge profits without risking anything of their own movies while taking advantage of marvel's hard work."

Sure, they are behind some years but that's neither here nor there. I'm just happy to see some quality superhero movies.

thumb up thumb up

Great time to be a comic book fan. Keep it up Marvel & DC

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by zeel

I firmly believe D.C. needs to slow down and start with one franchise at a time. They had success with MOS now work on a solo wonderwoman franchise mabey flash,GL,shazam and aquaman. Rushing things to play catch up is not a good idea.

Funny thing is they actually are really taking their time but without giving us any new solo franchises. I mean Marvel got from IM1 to Avengers in 4 years. DC are going from MOS to just B v S in 3 years. So it will be at least 4 years from MOS to JL anyway LOL.

But yes, they do need some solo franchises first. But I don't think they need to make ALL of the above before JL. I mean Avengers only gave us 3 solo franchises before Avengers (well 4 if you include Hulk but that seemed to have finished after TIH).

So considering everyone knows who Batman and Superman are after decades of solo movies for them, new solo franchises for them are not really a necessity before JL. But the fact that we do have one for Superman and getting another for both of them with B v S, that will more than suffice for those 2 Pre-JL.

So really they just need 1 or 2 other solo franchises. I'd personally go for Wonder Woman and The Flash. Because there already is a GL movie- I know it was bad, but it would be suicide trying that again before gaining more popularity for the character through JL. But fact is that solo movie is out there. And I think you can introduce a couple of them (like Cyborg, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter) in the JL or in B v S. That's not too bad. Iron Man introduced us to BLack Widow and Nick Fury. Avengers will introduce us to Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Vision next year.

So yeah all they need to do is to give us 1 Flash movie and 1 Wonder Woman movie before JL. Which they could easily give us in the next 2-3 years before JL!

Unfortunately the fact that Wonder Woman is being introduced in B v S, and they've opted for a Flash tv series, instead of a solo movie, means that's not going to happen.

We can just hope that whatever the Rock is involved with will be at least 1 other Solo franchise Pre-JL that will be part of JL too.

Yeah, WB has made some smart decisions. Like using marvel studio's hard work in establishing a general awareness of superhero movies to their advantage.

Urmmm... Yeah... Genius move by WB confused

quanchi112
What? Cap is more a sure thing than SvB, as it has the Avengers behind it. SvB has more to lose. So they moved to a period where they'd make a shit-load more money. Struggling to see how that's a bad decision.

Scared of what? All the extra money they'll make?

And it's still WB v Disney, not Marvel v DC, no matter how much you want to make it so.

WB execs are terrified i'm sure:

"What, they called us cowards? How will we ever go on?"

http://i.imgur.com/YuMlL9W.gif Cap 3 isn't avengers so quit acting like it has that behind it.

Marvel had the date first from what I hear making Dc's movie dumb since they picked a fight they didn't have the balls to finish.

It is the marvel characters vs the dc characters and will always be compared as such.

Dc backed down and they picked the fight. Dumb move.

quanchi112

thumb up Marvel made an ass ton of money you dummy. They saw how successful marvel has been and are trying to make their own gains from this. Acting like the boat ton of money marvel made is dc taking advantage if pretty dumb even from you. This is why no one takes you seriously with a scan to save your life. You're a moron.

laughing out loud

Dc backed from marvel just like you backed down from me in our battle of the Supermen.

laughing out loud

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by zeel

I firmly believe D.C. needs to slow down and start with one franchise at a time. They had success with MOS now work on a solo wonderwoman franchise mabey flash,GL,shazam and aquaman. Rushing things to play catch up is not a good idea. I also feel D.C. needs to stop catering to the 15- 30 year olds. Cater to everyone. Till they do this marvel will destroy them.

But the point is everyone is used to (maybe even fed up with?) the same formula that's always been used.
The first movie always having to be the hero's Origins story followed by the multiple villain story line.

I'd honestly like to see DC go straight to the Justice League & then maybe down the track do some simple flash-backs relating to each members' Origins.
Break the formula.

DARTH POWER
Cap 3 isn't avengers so quit acting like it has that behind it.

Cap is an Avenger. BW is an Avenger. Nick Fury and SHIELD were the ones who put the Avengers together. And ALL those characters made up Cap2. So of course it had Avengers behind it. As did IM3 being the first direct sequel to the Avengers and starring the Avengers and MCU's poster boy.

Fact is Avengers massively increased the popularity and demand for these characters.

That being said Cap2 was an awesome movie. Thor 2- not so much. Which is why Cap 2 beat Thor 2 at the box office.

-Pr-
Cap 3 isn't avengers so quit acting like it has that behind it.

Marvel had the date first from what I hear making Dc's movie dumb since they picked a fight they didn't have the balls to finish.

It is the marvel characters vs the dc characters and will always be compared as such.

Dc backed down and they picked the fight. Dumb move.

Cap 3 is an Avengers movie. It has that backing. You pretending it doesn't, doesn't magically make it not one.

lol, so angry.

only if you're petty enough that you pick one company over the other, rather than just trying to enjoy the wide selection of movies we've been given.

they moved, and will make more money. being smart is better than being prideful.

shahbazzz
gud keep it up

quanchi112
Cap is an Avenger. BW is an Avenger. Nick Fury and SHIELD were the ones who put the Avengers together. And ALL those characters made up Cap2. So of course it had Avengers behind it. As did IM3 being the first direct sequel to the Avengers and starring the Avengers and MCU's poster boy.

Fact is Avengers massively increased the popularity and demand for these characters.

That being said Cap2 was an awesome movie. Thor 2- not so much. Which is why Cap 2 beat Thor 2 at the box office. That isn't all of the avengers nor the most popular ones.

Avengers did increase the popularity of the characters but it doesn't give every marvel property a guaranteed blockbuster.

So you agree with me in the end.

quanchi112
Cap 3 is an Avengers movie. It has that backing. You pretending it doesn't, doesn't magically make it not one.

lol, so angry.

only if you're petty enough that you pick one company over the other, rather than just trying to enjoy the wide selection of movies we've been given.

they moved, and will make more money. being smart is better than being prideful. Cap 3 isn't an avengers movie just like Superman won't be a Jla movie on his solo adventures after the fact.

You need to calm down.

They picked the date and then pussed out. Weak. Stupid.

-Pr-
Cap 3 isn't an avengers movie just like Superman won't be a Jla movie on his solo adventures after the fact.

You need to calm down.

They picked the date and then pussed out. Weak. Stupid.

Yes it is. It's part of the Avengers shared universe, and part of the franchise.

lol, funny. You're the one getting all angry about Superman possibly being a box office success.

Call it what you want. I'm sure all those extra dollars will comfort them.

DARTH POWER
That isn't all of the avengers nor the most popular ones.

Actually Cap is the biggest Icon on the Avengers.

Avengers did increase the popularity of the characters but it doesn't give every marvel property a guaranteed blockbuster.

It makes every movie starring an Avenger a guaranteed blockbuster.

Much more so than a character being an "Icon" Lol. No one cares about that anymore.

So you agree with me in the end.

That all the Solo Avenger movies have a massive box office advantage due to the success and popularity of the Avengers? Yeah of course they do.

quanchi112
Yes it is. It's part of the Avengers shared universe, and part of the franchise.

lol, funny. You're the one getting all angry about Superman possibly being a box office success.

Call it what you want. I'm sure all those extra dollars will comfort them. It is a cap movie. Ironman, Thor, Hulk are nowhere to be found.

Not at all. They will make money on the film but were stupid to set it on the same date of a marvel movie only to back down and look even dumber.

Dc cowered to mighty Marvel.

big grin

quanchi112
Actually Cap is the biggest Icon on the Avengers.

It makes every movie starring an Avenger a guaranteed blockbuster.

Much more so than a character being an "Icon" Lol. No one cares about that anymore.

That all the Solo Avenger movies have a massive box office advantage due to the success and popularity of the Avengers? Yeah of course they do. He isn't anywhere near the most popular and that is why I said, dummy.

Ironman, Hulk shit on him.

No, it doesn't. It makes them a likely success but not a sure thing.

People care about great movies and the reason man of steel underperformed is because it sucked.

Read what I say and try to comprehend it for a change. K. Thanks.

DARTH POWER
He isn't anywhere near the most popular and that is why I said, dummy.

Most Popular? Wtf? I said Most ICONIC.

LOL So let me get this straight... You've been throwing around this "Superman is an Icon" line to big up Marvel's success against WB/DC's. And yet you don't even know what an Icon is?

HAHAHA You're such a dumb ass troll!

Let me explain it to you. An Icon is a Symbol, a person or thing who represents something. In the case of Marvel comics, Captain America represents the Leader of all the Superheroes. Just like Superman does in DC Comics.

Where popularity changes from time to time, an Iconic status tends to be much longer lived in status.

And btw Cap's also just proven himself to also be the 2nd Most Popular Avenger after IM. So as far as the MCU goes IM and Cap are it's 2 Icons AND also happen to be the 2 most popular superheroes in the MCU as of now.

Ironman, Hulk shit on him.

You might want to re-check the box office figures for the last Hulk film. Hulk is the one whose been shat on.

No, it doesn't. It makes them a likely success but not a sure thing.

Clearly it's a sure thing. As proven by the Ultra Mega box office success of the crap that was IM3. Simply because IM was the star and poster boy of the Avengers. Cap 2 was a far better film. Heck Thor 2 was better, but neither came close to IM3's box office.

People care about great movies and the reason man of steel underperformed is because it sucked.

Man of Steel Underperformed? LOL What planet are you living on? Superman Returns underperformed which is why it got the reboot. The Incredible Hulk by Marvel studios BADLY Underperformed which is why they've never attempted another Hulk movie, despite how famous and well recognized that character is.

MOS lead straight to the announcement of Batman V Superman with Superman being the MOS Superman. Proving without a doubt MOS Performed.

(Of course that should have been obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense considering it almost tripled it's budget, made back most it's marketing costs with sponsorships and the fact that there was no guarantee of it performing after the bad taste Superman Returns left).

Read what I say and try to comprehend it for a change. K. Thanks.

LOL Says the guy who uses words for which he has Zero clue to the meaning laughing

quanchi112
Most Popular? Wtf? I said Most ICONIC.

LOL So let me get this straight... You've been throwing around this "Superman is an Icon" line to big up Marvel's success against WB/DC's. And yet you don't even know what an Icon is?

HAHAHA You're such a dumb ass troll!

Let me explain it to you. An Icon is a Symbol, a person or thing who represents something. In the case of Marvel comics, Captain America represents the Leader of all the Superheroes. Just like Superman does in DC Comics.

Where popularity changes from time to time, an Iconic status tends to be much longer lived in status.

And btw Cap's also just proven himself to also be the 2nd Most Popular Avenger after IM. So as far as the MCU goes IM and Cap are it's 2 Icons AND also happen to be the 2 most popular superheroes in the MCU as of now.

You might want to re-check the box office figures for the last Hulk film. Hulk is the one whose been shat on.

Clearly it's a sure thing. As proven by the Ultra Mega box office success of the crap that was IM3. Simply because IM was the star and poster boy of the Avengers. Cap 2 was a far better film. Heck Thor 2 was better, but neither came close to IM3's box office.

Man of Steel Underperformed? LOL What planet are you living on? Superman Returns underperformed which is why it got the reboot. The Incredible Hulk by Marvel studios BADLY Underperformed which is why they've never attempted another Hulk movie, despite how famous and well recognized that character is.

MOS lead straight to the announcement of Batman V Superman with Superman being the MOS Superman. Proving without a doubt MOS Performed.

(Of course that should have been obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense considering it almost tripled it's budget, made back most it's marketing costs with sponsorships and the fact that there was no guarantee of it performing after the bad taste Superman Returns left).

LOL Says the guy who uses words for which he has Zero clue to the meaning laughing Yes, I understood that and I repeat popularity doesn't mean popularity, dummy. You admit Iron Man is more popular thereby defeating your earlier point yourself, dummy. Cap isn't a worldwide icon either. Quit embarrassing yourself.

In terms of popularity not box office appeal.

People love Tony stark so they seem to forgive a horrible film IMO as they have a love for the character.

It underperformed. Failed to live up to expectations but still made a profit just below.

Irony.

Lestov16
I think the fact that DC has more famous characters is what's actually hurting them. When the Mandarin's character got butchered in IM3, I recall many film reviewers saying they didn't mind it because they were not familiar with the character. Same with GoTG, where Gamora and many others are vastly underpowered compared to her comic book counterparts, and nobody in the audience really cares because the movie is fun.

But when Supes does something OOC like fight Zod in a populated area, people get up in arms because it defies what they know about the character. Marvel has more leeway to alter their characters to make the story more interesting, whereas DC's big names, such as Supes, Bats, WW, etc. must keep their characters static to the comics, which restricts the amount of plots they can use.

DARTH POWER
Yes, I understood that and I repeat popularity doesn't mean popularity, dummy.

What are talking about now?

It would help if you quote me paragraph by paragraph like I do you. Or have you not figured out how to do that yet after years of Trolling these boards?

You admit Iron Man is more popular thereby defeating your earlier point yourself, dummy.

Which point? Quote me paragraph to paragraph because you're not making any sense.

Cap isn't a worldwide icon either. Quit embarrassing yourself.

laughing

You're a disgrace to all Marvel fans everywhere.

Cap's not an Iconic worldwide known superhero? Seriously you're the one embarrassing yourself. Just like you did when you ran away from my Obi-Wan vs Khan challenge laughing

In terms of popularity not box office appeal.

And what stats have you got for this claim?

Box office is the only Objective stat we have to go by for Popularity. And it's a pretty good one.

IM makes the most box office dollars of all the Avengers because he's by far the most popular.

People love Tony stark so they seem to forgive a horrible film IMO as they have a love for the character.

You've just proven my last point.

It underperformed. Failed to live up to expectations but still made a profit just below.

What expectations? Bring proof of your claim. I've got proof of it's success through figures, the franchise's history, and the next month's announcement of Batman V Superman.

Bring your proof of your claim or I'll accept your concession.

-Pr-
It is a cap movie. Ironman, Thor, Hulk are nowhere to be found.

Not at all. They will make money on the film but were stupid to set it on the same date of a marvel movie only to back down and look even dumber.

Dc cowered to mighty Marvel.

big grin

We both know that's not what I meant, but if you want to keep up your lies, that's fine.

Dumb for making more money? Don't see how. They picked the wrong date to start, but they fixed their mistake.

No it didn't. I know you really want that to be true, but it isn't.

quanchi112
What are talking about now?

It would help if you quote me paragraph by paragraph like I do you. Or have you not figured out how to do that yet after years of Trolling these boards?

Which point? Quote me paragraph to paragraph because you're not making any sense.

laughing

You're a disgrace to all Marvel fans everywhere.

Cap's not an Iconic worldwide known superhero? Seriously you're the one embarrassing yourself. Just like you did when you ran away from my Obi-Wan vs Khan challenge laughing

And what stats have you got for this claim?

Box office is the only Objective stat we have to go by for Popularity. And it's a pretty good one.

IM makes the most box office dollars of all the Avengers because he's by far the most popular.

You've just proven my last point.

What expectations? Bring proof of your claim. I've got proof of it's success through figures, the franchise's history, and the next month's announcement of Batman V Superman.

Bring your proof of your claim or I'll accept your concession. You are taking. Y words out of context. What they predicated it would make, dummy.

Cap isn't the most popular.

Get mad that dc backed down.

quanchi112
We both know that's not what I meant, but if you want to keep up your lies, that's fine.

Dumb for making more money? Don't see how. They picked the wrong date to start, but they fixed their mistake.

No it didn't. I know you really want that to be true, but it isn't. You said it now want to backpedal. I'm great at what I do.

Dumb for picking a date to clash with marvel. They should have picked this date to begin with. Now everyone waited to see who'd back down first and it was dc which makes them look weak.

-Pr-
You said it now want to backpedal. I'm great at what I do.

Dumb for picking a date to clash with marvel. They should have picked this date to begin with. Now everyone waited to see who'd back down first and it was dc which makes them look weak.

I haven't backpedalled at all. You're just trying to twist my words, as usual. lol @ you being great though. At what? Flip-flopping? Bandwagoning? Maybe.

I don't see how it makes them look weak at all. Especially seeing as it's WB, not DC. WB are years behind in creating a shared universe. They aren't competing with Disney, nor are Disney competing with them. They're in no position to. They made a blunder, and they owned up to it, and now plan to make substantial profits. Sounds like they fixed their mistake.

quanchi112
I haven't backpedalled at all. You're just trying to twist my words, as usual. lol @ you being great though. At what? Flip-flopping? Bandwagoning? Maybe.

I don't see how it makes them look weak at all. Especially seeing as it's WB, not DC. WB are years behind in creating a shared universe. They aren't competing with Disney, nor are Disney competing with them. They're in no position to. They made a blunder, and they owned up to it, and now plan to make substantial profits. Sounds like they fixed their mistake. Debating. One minute you're an xmen fan but in reality you adore Superman. I am not fooled.

Backing down is looking weak and I gave other links to other sites reporting the same. They were foolish and backed down.

-Pr-
Debating. One minute you're an xmen fan but in reality you adore Superman. I am not fooled.

Backing down is looking weak and I gave other links to other sites reporting the same. They were foolish and backed down.

Sure. When you have to lie to try to help your cause, you're already in a weakened position, and you do it often. At least I'm honest about my likes and dislikes.

Even if it did make them look weak, I doubt they care. The movie will make more money. How is that a bad decision?

quanchi112
Sure. When you have to lie to try to help your cause, you're already in a weakened position, and you do it often. At least I'm honest about my likes and dislikes.

Even if it did make them look weak, I doubt they care. The movie will make more money. How is that a bad decision? I am one of the only few honest ones here.

That is even worse if they don't care how they are perceived. Beta males.

Rao Kal El
Sometimes I wonder what DC did to Quan

But I understand his point of view, people tend to make fun of BETA MALES

quanchi112
Sometimes I wonder what DC did to Quan

But I understand his point of view, people tend to make fun of BETA MALES They are a company of betas who picked a fight and then backed down when they didn't need to pick a fight in the first place.

-Pr-
I am one of the only few honest ones here.

That is even worse if they don't care how they are perceived. Beta males.

lol, sure you are.

You're really obsessed with the whole "beta" thing. Overcompensating?

Rao Kal El
They are a company of betas who picked a fight and then backed down when they didn't need to pick a fight in the first place.

I agree Beta Males try to pick up fights with real Alphas and they back down

In order to not look bad they made up a bunch of sh1t in an effort trying to disguise their lack of GUTS thumb up

tkitna
I don't care about the date change, but BvS seems like the surer thing to me then Cap 3. It wouldn't matter how bad BvS would be, the fact that it has Batman and Superman in it will get the crowds.

DARTH POWER
You are taking. Y words out of context. What they predicated it would make, dummy.

Cap isn't the most popular.

Get mad that dc backed down.

Cap and IM are Marvel's Icons. And their most popular. Incredible Hulk solo films are down the toilet right now because the last one wad a failure.

I'm glad they've moved it forward. Means I get to watch it sooner. While the rest of us are all excited watching it, you're going to be sat at home crying when it's out. Crying at how everyone loves it. And crying at how much money is making laughing out loud

Bardock42
I hope this movie is good, but cause Man of Steel was so bad I don't have much hope.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Bardock42
I hope this movie is good, but cause Man of Steel was so bad I don't have much hope.

IYO

But they're not out to satisfy you personally, which seems like a pretty impossible task anyway.

They care what the majority think. And the majority liked/loved it as proven by the box office success, reasonably high fan ratings followed by the huge DVD/Blu-Ray sales for the movie.

Bentley
MoS was objectively mediocre. But as long as there is money DC will bend over and take it, quality be damned thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Bentley
MoS was objectively mediocre.

LOL But your comment is very subjective.

Originally posted by Bentley
But as long as there is money DC will bend over and take it, quality be damned thumb up

Which is pretty much the whole of Hollywood, including Marvel studios. Most decisions are made by box office figures. That's why Marvel never made another Hulk movie.

Bardock42
IYO

Y-yea?

But they're not out to satisfy you personally, which seems like a pretty impossible task anyway.

I think you are getting the wrong impression of me, I am actually quite easy to please. The Amazing Spider Man 2 and Man of Steel were just turds.

Nor do I claim that these filmmakers are out to please me personally.

They care what the majority think. And the majority liked/loved it as proven by the box office success, reasonably high fan ratings followed by the huge DVD/Blu-Ray sales for the movie.

While they were obvious box office successes, I just don't see what that has to do with the artistic quality of their offerings. At any rate, I am happy when comic book movies do well, even shitty ones like the two I mentioned, because I am generally a fan of them, and love to see new ones made.

DARTH POWER

While they were obvious box office successes, I just don't see what that has to do with the artistic quality of their offerings.

Because very few people care about "artistic quality" when the majority of people like/love the film. It's not just box office, look at IMDB scores and other movie fan ratings. It's not getting below 70% anywhere apart from by Critics. DVD/Blu-Ray sales are also important, because people generally only buy a movie they enjoyed. And despite IM3 having double the box office success of MOS, MOS outsold it on DVD/Blu-Ray sales. So that gives pretty good clues as to how many people enjoyed the movie.

Superman Returns was said to have great "artistic quality.." But that didn't matter because most people found the movie pretty boring.

Bardock42
Superman Returns was pretty shit, too.

Still, I don't understand why you keep bringing up that people enjoyed the movie in regards to me not enjoying the movie.....

Like obviously I would want the movie to be good in my opinion, right?

Mindset
LOL But your comment is very subjective.

Which is pretty much the whole of Hollywood, including Marvel studios. Most decisions are made by box office figures. That's why Marvel never made another Hulk movie. Then it was objectively below mediocre. smile

Marvel is making another Hulk movie though.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Mindset

Marvel is making another Hulk movie though.

10 years after the original don't count as a sequel though. More like a reboot, a long time later to have a chance at a fresh start.

Firefly218
Man of Steel was steaming shit. Lots of people did like it though, confused1

I would prefer to now forget about the shit that was MoS, and look forward to BvS. I think WB may have learned their lesson with MoS, considering they actually hired a competent writer.

DARTH POWER
LOL What lesson? You don't need to learn lessons when things go well. However continually trying to improve your product until it's near perfect is always a good route to take ; )

Lestov16
Man of Steel was steaming shit. Lots of people did like it though, confused1

I would prefer to now forget about the shit that was MoS, and look forward to BvS. I think WB may have learned their lesson with MoS, considering they actually hired a competent writer.

iyo wink

quanchi112
Cap and IM are Marvel's Icons. And their most popular. Incredible Hulk solo films are down the toilet right now because the last one wad a failure.

I'm glad they've moved it forward. Means I get to watch it sooner. While the rest of us are all excited watching it, you're going to be sat at home crying when it's out. Crying at how everyone loves it. And crying at how much money is making laughing out loud Hulk is a bigger icon than Cap. Always has been.

I don't judge a movie until I see it. You have already made up your mind thus proving you're biased and stupid. They usually go together, mongoloid.

quanchi112
10 years after the original don't count as a sequel though. More like a reboot, a long time later to have a chance at a fresh start. Oh stfu. It does count but you're so biased you are trying to ignore it. Cry more, dc bandwagon boi.

Firefly218
LOL What lesson? You don't need to learn lessons when things go well. However continually trying to improve your product until it's near perfect is always a good route to take ; )

The MoS script/writing by Goyer was dreadfully awful. WB brought in someone much better to rewrite Goyer's script for BvS. Looks like a lesson learned to me.

Also, having Ben Affleck involved is a big plus. He can assist and guide Zack Snyder.

BvS should be an improvement on paper. My only apprehensions now are with Gadot as WW and Eisenberg as Lex

DARTH POWER
Hulk is a bigger icon than Cap. Always has been.

Nah.

I don't judge a movie until I see it. You have already made up your mind thus proving you're biased and stupid. They usually go together, mongoloid.

LOL Says the DC Hating Marvel fanboy.

Oh stfu. It does count but you're so biased you are trying to ignore it. Cry more, dc bandwagon boi.

LOL YES LET THE BUTTHURT FLOW THROUGH YOU!

You go on about the so called failure of MOS which was clearly a success. Whilst Marvel with Hulk, whose according to you is their biggest Icon, really did fail with TIH.

Give me a release date for TIH Sequel, or shut your fanboy trap. Marvel failed their Icon laughing out loud (Icon was your own description of him laughing out loud )

Only hope for that now is waiting 10 years after TIH for a reboot laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
The MoS script/writing by Goyer was dreadfully awful. WB brought in someone much better to rewrite Goyer's script for BvS. Looks like a lesson learned to me.

Like I said they seem to be doing everything they can to improve on it, and make it as perfect a movie as possible. Nothing wrong with that. Especially since there's a lot riding on this. B v S will make or break the future of DC Movies.

But you seem to be making out they've had some failure which they need to learn from. That was the case with Superman Returns. But MOS was exactly what they were banking on, except for the critic reviews. But those were the same critics who gave Superman Returns great reviews and that actually was a failure they had to learn from.

Also, having Ben Affleck involved is a big plus. He can assist and guide Zack Snyder.

BvS should be an improvement on paper. My only apprehensions now are with Gadot as WW and Eisenberg as Lex

Eisenberg's a great actor, so I'm not worried there. Gadot is worrying though, not actually being a proper actress. But then I guess we could have said the same thing about The Rock when he first came into the movie industry. And at least she looked good in the photo they released.

juggerman
10 years after the original don't count as a sequel though. More like a reboot, a long time later to have a chance at a fresh start.

Except for Bad Boys stick out tongue

DARTH POWER
Except for Bad Boys stick out tongue

Of course with Bad Boys they weren't waiting and delaying due to the lack of success of the first one.

Bardock42
I think whether something is a sequel or a reboot has nothing to do with the length of time that has passed, it's just based on what in universe time-line is accepted. Hence Superman Returns being a (somewhat loose) sequel of Superman 2.

Firefly218
I think whether something is a sequel or a reboot has nothing to do with the length of time that has passed, it's just based on what in universe time-line is accepted. Hence Superman Returns being a (somewhat loose) sequel of Superman 2.

thumb up

Star Wars 7 will be a sequel to Return of the Jedi

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah point you all seem to be missing is there's no Hulk sequel announced 6 years after the Original due to it's lack of financial success.

If Hulk did as well as the first Thor or Captain America you we would have had 2 sequels by now. 1 Minimum.

Star Wars and Bad Boys were not delayed due to financial failures of the previous films. Hulk has been delayed for exactly that reason.

Firefly218
^ Yeah point you all seem to be missing is there's no Hulk sequel announced 6 years after the Original due to it's lack of financial success.

If Hulk did as well as the first Thor or Captain America you we would have had 2 sequels by now. 1 Minimum.

Star Wars and Bad Boys were not delayed due to financial failures of the previous films. Hulk has been delayed for exactly that reason.

That's an assumption.

From the news I've heard, Avengers 2 will be a very hulk centric movie. For all we know, a hulk solo movie could have been delayed for Avengers 2 to come first. It could all be part of Marvel's plan. Maybe Marvel had a plan, which regardless of TIHs financial success, called for a solo hulk movie much later.

Hulk is also a very hard movie to do. Maybe, Marvel is still working on the script. Trying to perfect it.

DARTH POWER
That's an assumption.

From the news I've heard, Avengers 2 will be a very hulk centric movie. For all we know, a hulk solo movie could have been delayed for Avengers 2 to come first. It could all be part of Marvel's plan. Maybe Marvel had a plan, which regardless of TIHs financial success, called for a solo hulk movie much later.

Hulk is also a very hard movie to do. Maybe, Marvel is still working on the script. Trying to perfect it.

It's not an assumption. The whole idea of "Hulk is a difficult movie to do on his own and get right" started due to the lack of financial success of his solo movies. And Marvel execs have been openly saying that since TIH and were even saying that after Avengers.

And LOL @ Trying to perfect it. That's what I said about B v S. With TIH they have to make it just work first, before they can perfect it.

But yeah because he worked well in the first Avengers and because he's getting no solo movies, they will give him a larger role in AOU.

Lestov16
I liked TIH. More than IM.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lestov16
I liked TIH. More than IM.

I like it as well. But mine and your opinions don't count. It's the box office dollars and DVD Sales that do the real talking.

Some people liked Green Lantern. Doesn't matter because in the end it was deemed a financial failure.

Bardock42
Green Lantern was so ridiculously bad. Probably even worse than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Lestov16
MOS was awesome. You have no taste no expression

Firefly218
It's not an assumption. The whole idea of "Hulk is a difficult movie to do on his own and get right" started due to the lack of financial success of his solo movies. And Marvel execs have been openly saying that since TIH and were even saying that after Avengers.

And LOL @ Trying to perfect it. That's what I said about B v S. With TIH they have to make it just work first, before they can perfect it.

But yeah because he worked well in the first Avengers and because he's getting no solo movies, they will give him a larger role in AOU.

It is an assumption, and remains an assumption until a Marvel representative officially confirms it.

The reason Marvel is waiting, imo, is because they have a plan.

And the fact that Marvel is having Hulk as a central character in the biggest and most expensive movie they have ever made in their history... That fact really discounts your notion that Marvel isn't confident in the financial efficacy of Hulk.

And before you say Avengers 2 also has Iron Man, Thor and Captain America - Marvel would still have to have high confidence in Hulk to give him the narrative focus.

Anyways, the next Hulk movie will technically be a sequel. In the MCU timeline, TIH, then Avengers, then Avengers 2, then Hulk solo movie.

Firefly218

IYRFO - In Your Retarded Fuc*ing Opinion stick out tongue

Lestov16
My opinion is never wrong. You're just mad because they didn't focus on Superman's underwear as much as you wanted

Bardock42

If it was awesome, then why was it so shit?

Can't explain that.

Lestov16
Was it shit....or is your taste shit? blink

Bardock42
Was it shit....or is your taste shit? blink

The former, but thank you for inquiring.

Firefly218
My opinion is never wrong. You're just mad because they didn't focus on Superman's underwear as much as you wanted

Nah. I'd bet you loved it when supes went shirtless though. You swooned, didn't you?

btw, a 2 hour superman underwear commercial would've been more entertaining then shitty MoS

DARTH POWER
It is an assumption, and remains an assumption until a Marvel representative officially confirms it.

The reason Marvel is waiting, imo, is because they have a plan.

They have done in the past saying he's a tricky character to tackle. They only said that after TIH didn't perform.

You expect them to outright state "we're too scared to take the risk with him again.." Come on man, be real. I get your a gigantic Marvel fan, but seriously be real.

TIH failed to perform. Hulk is the only Avenger not to get a sequel. And still doesn't even have one announced.

Do the math, and don't just suck up to Marvel for the sake of it.

And the fact that Marvel is having Hulk as a central character in the biggest and most expensive movie they have ever made in their history... That fact really discounts your notion that Marvel isn't confident in the financial efficacy of Hulk.

And before you say Avengers 2 also has Iron Man, Thor and Captain America - Marvel would still have to have high confidence in Hulk to give him the narrative focus.

No because they decided after Avengers he works with a team, but still even after the Gigantic success of Avengers didn't have the confidence to give him another Solo movie yet.

They might now seeing as they've seen all the Individual Avengers have had huge box office boosts since the Avengers. And yet still no announcement or release date for another Hulk movie. I don't think TIH2 will even make it to Phase III at this rate.

Anyways, the next Hulk movie will technically be a sequel. In the MCU timeline, TIH, then Avengers, then Avengers 2, then Hulk solo movie.

Superman Returns was also in the same timeline as the Reeve Superman, but it was still essentially a reboot. But fact is they already gave us a reboot version of the Hulk (but in the same timeline) with the Avengers.

If they do ever make a Hulk solo movie again it will most likely be Mark Ruffalo's take on it.

Bardock42
A change of actor does not mean that something is a reboot, though.

DARTH POWER
A change of actor does not mean that something is a reboot, though.

No but changing the actors, the look and powerset of the Hulk, the tone and the general characterisation is essentially a reboot even if it is technically in the same Universe/Timeline.

quanchi112
Nah.

LOL Says the DC Hating Marvel fanboy.

LOL YES LET THE BUTTHURT FLOW THROUGH YOU!

You go on about the so called failure of MOS which was clearly a success. Whilst Marvel with Hulk, whose according to you is their biggest Icon, really did fail with TIH.

Give me a release date for TIH Sequel, or shut your fanboy trap. Marvel failed their Icon laughing out loud (Icon was your own description of him laughing out loud )

Only hope for that now is waiting 10 years after TIH for a reboot laughing out loud Yeah.

I do not hate dc I pity them.

Mos wasn't the success they originally predicted. Not all good movies are huge successes.

I don't need to shut my trap. You're upset that marvel is handing them their asses. People recognize your double standards and are calling you on them.

Make mine marvel.

DARTH POWER

Mos wasn't the success they originally predicted. Not all good movies are huge successes.

Show me where it's stated what they originally predicted. Otherwise I'll assume that's another one of Quanchi's typical lies and BS. All the evidence is against you. Mos lead to the announcement of B v S. That means the studio was more than happy with it. MOS tripled it's budget and made its marketing costs back through sponsorships. After Superman Returns bombed MOS' s kind of financial success is only going to mean a very happy studio. Heck even without a previous bomb that would make any studio high on success and happiness. Mos' s high DVD/BLU-RAY Sales shows movie fans have given their thumbs up to it.

So yeah MOS was a Massive success. Show me this Insane and BS prediction figures after SR Bombed so we can all see the Quanchi jealousy and lies in action.

MOS was a frigging Awesome movie. Between MOS, B v S and JL this is going to be one bad ass DC trilogy Zack Synder's giving us but your going to hate every second of it. The jealousy will just burn you up.

Bardock42
MoS was a successful, but terrible movie.

DARTH POWER

IYO which film producers don't really care about. They care about the majority who showed the love for the movie at the box office first and later backed it with by buying the DVD/Blu-Ray's.

Bardock42
Why do you keep insisting on telling me that something is my opinion. I mean this is clear, I didn't have to do this:

MOS was a frigging Awesome movie.

IYO

Everyone knows that opinions on movies are the person's alone...

DARTH POWER
Why do you keep insisting on telling me that something is my opinion. I mean this is clear, I didn't have to do this:

Because you keep insisting on repeating your opinion over and over. Your clearly a DC hater.

Bardock42
That's not even true tho....

DARTH POWER

Green Lantern was so ridiculously bad. Probably even worse than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man 2

If it was awesome, then why was it so shit?

Can't explain that.

That's 4 times you've said it now in the last 3 pages. Even reacting to Lestov saying it was Awesome. So don't give me that "I'm not a hater," and "Everyone's entitiled to their opinion" crap. Because clearly you are a hater, and clearly you weren't letting Lestov just sit with his opinion of MOS being awesome. And clearly you felt you needed to step in every time it was mentioned that the movie was a success and most people liked/loved it.

So yeah no hate from you... Sure buddy thumb up

Bardock42
That's 4 times you've said it now in the last 3 pages. Even reacting to Lestov saying it was Awesome. So don't give me that "I'm not a hater," and "Everyone's entitiled to their opinion" crap. Because clearly you are a hater, and clearly you weren't letting Lestov just sit with his opinion of MOS being awesome. And clearly you felt you needed to step in every time it was mentioned that the movie was a success and most people liked/loved it.

So yeah no hate from you... Sure buddy thumb up

I didn't deny hating Man of Steel (and the Green Lantern movie, and Amazing Spider-Man 2), I've been vocal about that. You accused me of hating DC, which is just not the case.

Lestov16
I'll definitely say that between the Marvel and DC films released in 2013, DC definitely had the better film. I'll take MOS over IM3 and T:TDW any day.

DARTH POWER
I'll definitely say that between the Marvel and DC films released in 2013, DC definitely had the better film. I'll take MOS over IM3 and T:TDW any day.

Oh yeah without a doubt.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>