Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma vs Darth Sidious (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
who wins who dies?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Siddy ftw.

Emperordmb
The team has a legitimate shot at this IMO. Not really sure.

carthage
Sidious, really dude?

carthage
Sidious fought evenly with Yoda and defeated Windu who are both a tier above Kun and Ulic as duelists. They wouldn't be able to react against the Emperors speed let alone hold their own in a duel. Theyre outclassed

Trocity
Team takes it. Sidious is good, but come on, Kun AND Uliq? I'm pretty sure they were the two best duelists of their time. That's a little much.

Based
Originally posted by carthage
They wouldn't be able to react against the Emperors speed let alone hold their own in a duel. Theyre outclassed

Calling this hyperbole is an insult to all things hyperbole. The Maul brothers were able to react and duel Sidious for a decent amount of time before failing. Ulic and Kun will be just fine.

Fine enough to win in some cases.

carthage
Sidious took it easy on Maul in both occasions, when Sidious got serious Maul saw more sabers than he could possibly defend against and went down. In the duel with the brothers Sidious easily dominated both with TK, and blocked all of their attacks with casual ease.

Please show me speed feats for Ulic and Kun that suggest they can outduel he Emperor when superior duelists like Windu, Maul, and Yoda failed?

NewGuy01
Sidious, and solidly.

carthage
^ thumb up

AncientPower
Kun was the best Niman practitioner of all time, Ulic is stated to be the best Form V duellist of his era, the fact that spirit Kun calls Luke's duelling abilities 'quaint' says a lot.

Kun and Droma take this after a damn hard fight.

Q99
Sidious fought evenly with Yoda and defeated Windu who are both a tier above Kun and Ulic as duelists.

He fought them individually, not at the same time or anything. Big difference.

Fisto reacted to the Emperor's speed, and I'd say they're a tier higher than him.

They're stronger than Maul + Savage for that matter, and the saber portions was where the brothers were doing all right.

Blitzes are a rare thing in SW, and even Sidious isn't going to pull them off against people stronger than the ones he did manage it on.

NewGuy01
A tier higher than Fisto in terms of speed? I'm not so positive about that one, friend.

Yeah, the only way I could see this battle ending up like that is that if he catches them off guard with his speed and ferocity and is able to cheapshot one of them before the other can react. Then it's one on one, and neither of these two are lasting against Palps.

Assuming that something like that doesn't happen, though, these two could probably stand their ground but still wouldn't really be able to gain an advantage against Palpatine whatsoever. They'd, in the end, fare little different from the brothers--Except this time, Sids is serious.

Q99
Do they need to be much higher in speed? Fisto was able to keep up in speed he just wasn't skilled enough.

Also I wouldn't think these two would be far off from Dooku, and he can hold off a Yoda/Sidious level foe in sabers.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Q99
Do they need to be much higher in speed? Fisto was able to keep up in speed he just wasn't skilled enough.

That's not what I picked up from the encounter. He was fast enough to counter a few blows, yeah, but ultimately the faster opponent's blade will reach it's mark faster than the slower can defend, and that's what happened there.

Hell, even in Shadow Conspiracy, Maul's own loss is largely attributed to Sidious's speed accelerating so high that Maul couldn't even count how many directions he appeared to be coming from.

In terms of skill, after all, Sidious isn't really *that* far ahead of the likes of Maul, he's simply too powerful for them to compete.

NewGuy01
Neither is Maul, and he still didn't last very long when singled out by Palpatine.

Besides, Sidious is faster than Yoda is.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Neither is Maul, and he still didn't last very long when singled out by Palpatine.

Yea, key phrase, when singled out.

There's no force to single them out very well, and they can work together well. Combined, they're a lot more dangerous than the brothers were.

And these two... well, at least Exar, is more powerful in the force than Maul. Plus, two on one!

red8
I think Sidious takes this one, but it wouldn't be a stomp.

NewGuy01
Not really. Neither of them are particularly more skilled than Maul as far as dueling goes, and their coordination and experience working together is nonexistent in comparison to the brothers. I could see them being more formidable due to Ulic being more controlled and refined than Savage, but far more dangerous? Not really, not without Exar's sorcery.

More masterful? Absolutely. More powerful? Possible, but not necessarily. Regardless, in terms of force enhanced physicality, Maul trumps Exar and Ulic, so it doesn't really matter either way for this match exclusively.

Q99
Not really. Neither of them are particularly more skilled than Maul as far as dueling goes, and their coordination and experience working together is nonexistent in comparison to the brothers. I could see them being more formidable due to Ulic being more controlled and refined than Savage, but far more dangerous? Not really, not without Exar's sorcery.

They're master and apprentice, they should be pretty darn good together.

And Sidious didn't separate the brothers due to his saber work, he used the force for that. No force here, this is a saber work. Meaning, taking them individually is not likely to happen, not for any significantly exploitable period.

Remove the force and Maul+Savage would've been a much longer, trickier fight for Sidious, and this is higher difficulty than that.

The_Tempest
While I agree that Kun is more powerful than either Zabrak, I question whether either Kun or Uliq is a more skilled duelist than Maul, who is regularly and consistently touted as one of the most skilled warriors in Sith history and a high end master of multiple forms, or at least to the extent to challenge Sidious.

Without the Force, Q is right, this is a much harder contest given that Kun is considerably more powerful (if not more skilled) than the Jedi Sidious blitzed and faced.

Nephthys
Do they need to be more skilled than Maul? There is two of them after all, and with their power they'd represent a bigger threat than Maul did, surely.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Do they need to be more skilled than Maul? There is two of them after all, and with their power they'd represent a bigger threat than Maul did, surely.

I don't believe Uliq is as powerful as Maul or Kun. Either way, though, none of them can draw on the Force offensively here so it's a moot point.

I think this is a fairly close contest: Kun is powerful enough in the Force that Sidious can't blitz him and perhaps Uliq is too. But Sidious is unquestionably the greater fighter imho.

I'm inclined to say the team takes it but Uliq dies in the attempt.

Nephthys
Uliq might not be as powerful as Kun would eventually become, but he was his equal with a lightsaber when they fought. And he has some beastly feats like powering through Ommin's sorcery and deflected cannon-fire. And power in the Force does effect your lightsaber ability, remember. So I'm not bring it up with regards to their offensive powers, but in how it'll effect their dueling capabilities.

The_Tempest
Yeah, but I still don't think Uliq is as powerful as Maul. I could believe that he's powerful enough to not get blitzed by Sidious like Tiin or Kolar, but he's not in Palpatine's league remotely.

I say Uliq's sacrifice enables Kun to get the victory.

Nephthys
I definitely think he's powerful enough to be on Maul's level at least in terms of saber ability. I mean, Obi-Wan was and Ulic is likely much more powerful than him. I think you're underestimating Ulic, he was the second most powerful person of the era (barring Vitiate from the equation duh). Maul was like, tenth?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tenth? Wat?

Yoda/Sidious/Anakin/Talzin/Dooku/Mace......

who else?

Nephthys
I wasn't thinking too hard about it.

Kar Vastor and maybe the Dark Woman (considering her fight with Vader).

I think Ventress could have eclipsed him in time too btw.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
I definitely think he's powerful enough to be on Maul's level at least in terms of saber ability. I mean, Obi-Wan was and Ulic is likely much more powerful than him. I think you're underestimating Ulic, he was the second most powerful person of the era (barring Vitiate from the equation duh). Maul was like, tenth?

Nah, I think (as usual), you're underestimating Maul, who has Uliq by the balls with respect to both feats and accolades. I'm sure Uliq is a comparable swordsman to Maul, but I'd still give Maul the edge overall.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Q99
They're master and apprentice, they should be pretty darn good together.

That status doesn't mean anything. They've only actually met once.

NewGuy01
Wat

Nephthys
That status doesn't mean anything. They've only actually met once.

Its a few more than that, actually.

Arhael
They have a chance against Sidious only if Qel-Droma is cut off the Force.

Zett
Sidious, easily.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Oron Garfeln
Either would solo this pretty easily
LOL

Emperordmb
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/4023720293.gif

Marco1907
Sidious with high difficulty.

Emperordmb
Nothing I said was facepalm worthy bro.
Ulic or Kun "easily" defeating Sidious in a lightsaber duel is completely facepalm worthy.

carthage
To be fair they could both stomp Darth Bane

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
LOL

Emperordmb
To be fair they could both stomp Darth Bane
That has nothing to do with this Carthage, and I am sick and tired of your trolling.

Why you feel the need to bring up Bane in topics that have nothing to do with him, just to shit on him, completely baffles me. It is pointless, immature, and annoying.

DarthAnt66
Reported for trolling.
thumb up I hope the mods handle you quickly.

carthage
Why do you feel the need to facepalm another use for his opinion?

DarthAnt66
Because it makes yours look somewhat realistic.

carthage
He wasnt facepalming mine he was talking to Astor's new account

Emperordmb
That opinion and my opinion of his opinion had something to do with this topic. You just brought up Bane randomly for the sole intent of pissing me off. That is called trolling Carthage, and you are a troll.

DarthAnt66
Reported for socking, Oron.
I never did like you, Astor. erm

carthage
Back to the topic Sidious kills both of them. He's too fast, too skilled, and neither of them could handle him when he goes all out.

Emperordmb
From what I have seen so far, Carthage is a respectful user of fine character
Then you obviously have not seen very much of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.