Most Impressive Strength Cheese Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Feel free to discuss using comic and real world science to state your case. Have fun everybody. And remember, time down the bashing. Let's just have fun with this one.
big grin

cdtm
Shang taking on a giant mantis, big enough to try swallowing him whole. Pulls himself free of the mantis's mouth by grabbing the hand of a giant statue, then he gets behind the statue's head, which is bigger then a his body and like a giant boulder, and he kicks the head free, crushing the mantis.

marwash22
lifting a book with infinite pages and closing a black hole with your hands... dumbest things to ever happen in any form of media.

nothing is more impressive than doing the impossible.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by marwash22
lifting a book with infinite pages and closing a black hole with your hands... dumbest things to ever happen in any form of media.

nothing is more impressive than doing the impossible.
Unquantifiables need not apply.

Mindship
I think the first time I saw a Curt Swan Superman pushing a planet: this struck me as silly/absurd, not so much the feat itself, just how it was drawn. It showed Superman in typical, horizontal, flying position, with the planet (ie, its surface) depicted vertically, like a wall (I think the sky was blue and there was a tree in the background). It was like, y'know, pushing any other object: just place a hand on it and shove. That simple, like if I myself pushed against the soil. Just seemed...too calm and ordinary.

Of course, I could never take seriously those Cosmic Depot planet-towing chains.

riv6672
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Unquantifiables need not apply.
1. You didnt say that in the OP.

2. This is KMC, people are gonna post what they want regardless.stick out tongue

My choice: that planet pushing is damn good. I second it. Like Chuck Norris not doing a push UP, but pushing the earth DOWN. laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Pym tanking Eternity's punch.
raver

Hyperion pushing back 2 universes, Supes & Mannolongerajobber pushing brainiac's avenger's space whale-ship, & Thor ripping apart multiple planets are close though.

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
Like Chuck Norris not doing a push UP, but pushing the earth DOWN. laughing out loud Something about this feels right.

carver9
Hulk holding up the weight of the sun.

Bentley
Thanos escaping a weaponized black hole is a good one.

LordofBrooklyn
1.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
2.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
3.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
4.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
5.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos escaping a weaponized black hole is a good one. he actually survived it closing on him.

LOL No
Superman holding a black hole in his hand.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9

LIES!

Do not force me to expose you!

carver9
Hulk strength nearly overpowering an abstract.

LOL No
This

Supermutant
PC Supes sneezing away a galaxy. lol

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19660110_3229961-9225886974-3225..jpg

leonidas
hulk smashing an asteroid 2x as big as earth is a classic. that superboy scan is the most famous one i think. thumb up

eaebiakuya

This never happened.

He was overpowered by the weight of the sun.

Galan007
Originally posted by Supermutant
PC Supes sneezing away a galaxy. lol

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19660110_3229961-9225886974-3225..jpg *solar system

still a top contender, though. thumb up

leonidas
didn't he inhale some magic dust there or something like that? still a classic, but i thought there was more to it than just superman sneezing....

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
This never happened.

He was overpowered by the weight of the sun.

Again, holding up the weight of the sun.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
didn't he inhale some magic dust there or something like that? still a classic, but i thought there was more to it than just superman sneezing.... yeah, he inhaled mxy's sneezing powder moments beforehand. here's the whole scan:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19660213_Action_Comics-273-04.jpg

also, lol @ supes flying to another universe in the space of a single panel. g007-psyduck

eaebiakuya
But this dust dont give him any power up. The power up thing is a internet myth.

Galan007
well, it made him sneeze harder than he ever would have without inhaling the magical powder--but no, it didn't 'amp' him in the literal sense.

leonidas
lol great stuff... thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
Something about this feels right. big grin

Prof. T.C McAbe
What Jonn and Sups did, given the size of that ship it was more impressive than the shared Red She Hulk - WBH feat in the Dark dimension.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
What Jonn and Sups did, given the size of that ship it was more impressive than the shared Red She Hulk - WBH feat in the Dark dimension. No way.

Golgo13
What Jonn and Sups did, given the size of that ship it was more impressive than the shared Red She Hulk - WBH feat in the Dark dimension.

It was insane, yes.

pym-ftw
But this dust dont give him any power up. The power up thing is a internet myth. actually unless he does it without the amped, it's fair to assume he was amped.

h1a8
Feel free to discuss using comic and real world science to state your case. Have fun everybody. And remember, time down the bashing. Let's just have fun with this one.
big grin

Superman holding a black hole =minimum of 3 solar masses (which is 666,000 Earth weights)
Superman moving the Earth back against Starbreaker = minimum of 50 Earth weights of force.
Superman moving Mageddon = minimum of 1000 Earth weights (1321 Earths can fit inside Jupiter).
Superman benchpressing an Earth weight = 1 Earth weight
Superboy prime moving planets ftl like chess pieces = minimum of millions of Earth weights.
WBH feat = minimum of millions of Earth weights
Pre Crisis Superboy moving dozens of planets ftl with a smile on his face = minimum of quadrillions of Earth weights.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman holding a black hole =minimum of 3 solar masses (which is 666,000 Earth weights)
Superman moving the Earth back against Starbreaker = minimum of 50 Earth weights of force.
Superman moving Mageddon = minimum of 1000 Earth weights (1321 Earths can fit inside Jupiter).
Superman benchpressing an Earth weight = 1 Earth weight
Superboy prime moving planets ftl like chess pieces = minimum of millions of Earth weights.
Pre Crisis Superboy moving dozens of planets ftl with a smile on his face = minimum of quadrillions of Earth weights. thumb up

This is more like it. H1 actually captured the spirit of the thread. Melding comic book and real world science is teh funzorz..

Epicurus
RL-world science is the only way we can quantify comic book feats though.erm

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Epicurus
RL-world science is the only way we can quantify comic book feats though.erm
Exactly. The point is he's not just saying someone pushing this or someone hitting this. H1 provided numbers(though I wish he provided calculations) as opposed to the other posts.

riv6672

golem370
Drax ripping a Sun into

-K-M-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
actually unless he does it without the amped, it's fair to assume he was amped.

Why? Not like the humans were sneezing were amped in anyway. It was just sneezing powder, that's it. The amount he inhaled made him sneeze like he has never done before but there was no amp involved.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superboy Prime changing the Center of the Universe with his bare hands. To see how impressive it is we need just to know how many years/days he needed and if Earth was the new Center, before that it was OA.

golem370
How about Nth Man/Mysterium- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/mysteriu.htm

Mindship
Exactly. The point is he's not just saying someone pushing this or someone hitting this. H1 provided numbers(though I wish he provided calculations) as opposed to the other posts. Well, then, let me recount one of my favorite annoyances: one-shot planetbusting. From a prior thread (and modified)...
It has recently come to my attention the following about planetbusting (with the Earth as the standard)...

To really destroy the Earth, ie, to make an explosion big enough to not only blow it up, but to fling the pieces away from each other fast enough so that gravity doesn't take hold and pull the chunks back together: the explosion would have to overcome the Earth's gravitational binding energy, which is about 2x10^32 joules.

The Sun puts out about 4x10^26 joules/second. This means, that in one second, when busts a world with one punch, they're generating about 500,000x the power of the entire Sun (2x10^32 divided by 4x10^26 = 5x10^5).

My feeling now about planetbusting is the same as withstanding black holes or basking at the Sun's core: save it for the most powerful characters, eg, Galactus.

krisblaze
Most impressive? That has to be some of the old Supercheese.

My favourite?
- Hulk throwing FFF to the Moon
- Sasquatch lifting the X-Jet
- Ultimate Colossus standing up to Magneto

golem370
Nth man?

abhilegend
Whoah. No one is downplaying the feat. It's just a fact that J'onn was there with him every step of the way. That doesn't means much since we know under Pak Superman is stronger. That's like arguing Wonder Woman and J'onn are as strong as preboot Superman because they helped him move earth briefly. By saying he is weaker than Superman? Really? I posted a picture. Look it up.
That was just ribbing on my part. Don't pretend you don't do that.
Lulz.

thumb up

Originally posted by Fifthchild
Hyperion stopped an Earth sized planet solo that was moving at 500,000 miles an hour on a dime. I dont think trying to apply a lot of math/physics to this sort of thing but they are actually probably pretty comparable feats. And theres also that holding 2 universes apart thing...

Still - a massive Superman feat & theres no taking away from that.
Superman and J'onn stopped a ship that was dwarfing Earth and redirected it. That's just above Hyperion stopping a planet even if it was moving 17 times the speed. The ship was much larger than earth, probably 100 times or such. Stopping AND moving it away makes it so much more impressive.

Branlor Swift
The Hyperion Bullet, and the recent Superman/MM feat are ridiculous. I was thinking on Tuesday of how much MM is pushed to the side and going down the preboot path and then...

The Sentry/Rogue one was crazy too. More so because of the power needed than the feat but I guess it is Exitar.

Those are the 3 recent ones that stick out.

golem370
Enslaver owning a heros team with ease

zopzop
Well, then, let me recount one of my favorite annoyances: one-shot planetbusting. From a prior thread (and modified)...
thumb up
LoM and I have been saying this for years.

As to the thread, Surfer has to be Marvel's King of Space Cheese feats. The most impressive aren't even the planet busting ones, it's the planetary level matter manipulation................on the fly! That Enslavers feat is ridiculously impressive.

Then there was that recent feat Bran mentioned involving an abstract being and Surfer.

This guy defines "Space Cheese".

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Galan007
yeah, he inhaled mxy's sneezing powder moments beforehand. here's the whole scan:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19660213_Action_Comics-273-04.jpg

also, lol @ supes flying to another universe in the space of a single panel. g007-psyduck

This one will be the equivalent to a Super nova, so yes a super sneeze is equal-ish to a Supernova.

I wonder what would happen with a fart?

Mindship
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up
LoM and I have been saying this for years.

As to the thread, Surfer has to be Marvel's King of Space Cheese feats. The most impressive aren't even the planet busting ones, it's the planetary level matter manipulation................on the fly! That Enslavers feat is ridiculously impressive.

Then there was that recent feat Bran mentioned involving an abstract being and Surfer.

This guy defines "Space Cheese". Oddly enough, Surfer turning himself into snow...does not sit well with me...though, technically, any type of matter/self manipulation is not a "strength" feat. But that aside for the moment, I always felt Surfer was waayyy too overpowered, certainly versatility-wise. And as for blowing up a planet (by anyone)...this should be done in stages, or over a certain length of time (a few hours?) to make the feat more palatable.

I see the source of cheesey strength feats being one-upmanship within companies and certainly between them. Same thing with characters constantly "saving the multiverse/omniverse." Soon, comic companies will have to invent all new (and likely meaningless) terms to raise the stakes.

tkitna
Sentry holding the power of a cosmic cube in his hand.

AsbestosFlaygon
Squirrel Girl beating Thanos has to be the most impressive, considering the disparity of strength level.

eaebiakuya
/B]

This was calced in narutoforums and dont was anywhere close to this number. If i remember well it was not enough energy to destroy a sun.

And Solar mass is "only" 332,946 earths.

cdtm
Superman solar system sneeze works as speed feat, too. Racing out to a distant solar system in the time it takes him to sneeze.

Edit: Galan mentioned it already.

I like the Superboy planet towing feat, but never could find the source on it.

celeyhyga17
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319504_Avengers_v524.NOW-024.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319505_Avengers_v524.NOW-025.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319506_Avengers_v524.NOW-026.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319509_Avengers_v524.NOW-027.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319511_Avengers_v524.NOW-028.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319514_Avengers_v524.NOW-029.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319521_Avengers_v524.NOW-030.jpg
The planet was traveling at 500,000mph, by the way Alright you mathletes.. Saw this on comicvine. How good are these calculations?

(by killemall)
And Hyperion doesnt even need to stop the planet, if he even remotely slows down the rogue planet at that speed its not as hard to pull it off.

Lets see, what would it mean if Hyperion actually outright stopped the planet (I am not saying Hyperion did in fact stop the planet, he didnt, but how much power would it require to stop a planet).

Remember the planet is accelerating at 500,000 miles per hours but science requires you to used meters per seconds.

So thats 2,235,200 meters per seconds.

Lets assume the weight of the planet is represented as "Weight"

The Force at which the planet is being propelled is given by a simple equation F= m x acceleration

in this case its = 2,235,200 x Weight.

how much force would it require to stop the planet, at the very least just as much as its moving at, iin fact a little but higher.

But its force, how doe it translates to weight lifted.

Remember under earth's gravity, it takes 9 N to lift a kilogram, and hence in order to outright Stop the planet the amount of force involved is equivalient to lifting 2,235,200/ 9 = 248,355.55 times the weight.

In short, if Hyperion stopped the rogue planet outright, the feat would be equivalent to lifting 248 thousands times the weight of the said planet.

Remember we dont know how heavy the Rogue planet is, but it is still a planet, lets say its 1/1000 the time of Earth (honest it cant get any smaller.

Outright stopping the planet would still have been as impressive as lifting 248 times the weight of the earth.

Heck even if he slowed it down by 2%, instead of outright stop him, its still as impressive as lifting 5 planets together.

That assuming Earth is somehow 1000 times bigger than the rogue planet in question, and Hyperion only slowed the planet by 2%.

Hence if you are willing to look at it with a reasonable side, Hyperion feat is just as impressive, its just that we dont have numerical value unless you are telling me the planet is somehow more than 1/1000 the size of the Earth or Hyperion didnt even slow him down by 2%.

There is the caculation with extremely generous variable if you are interested.

dmills
Good Lord. That's nearly as bad as trying to calculate how many times faster than light speed somebody is. At a certain point it becomes redundant. Certain dudes are ridiculously fast. Certain dudes are ridiculously strong Lol.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
I like the Superboy planet towing feat, but never could find the source on it. Whole scan:
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19665254_superboy140002.jpg
-Superboy v1 #140.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
Good Lord. That's nearly as bad as trying to calculate how many times faster than light speed somebody is. At a certain point it becomes redundant. Certain dudes are ridiculously fast. Certain dudes are ridiculously strong Lol.
dmills man... Just go with the flow you hater.. stick out tongue

carver9
@Celey...

Hyperion did stop the planet though. Also, the planet WAS Earth, everything was similar except the size. The Rogue planet was bigger.

celeyhyga17
@Celey...

Hyperion did stop the planet though. Also, the planet WAS Earth, everything was similar except the size. The Rogue planet was bigger.
So what are you trying to tell me here?

carver9
That your calculations are right. Now calculate that Superman and Martian Manhunter showing. Then you have to include Martian Manhunter arms being abnormally large and Superman being sun amped to the equation. This should be a hard one for ya.

smile

ares834
Alright you mathletes.. Saw this on comicvine. How good are these calculations?

(by killemall)
And Hyperion doesnt even need to stop the planet, if he even remotely slows down the rogue planet at that speed its not as hard to pull it off.

Lets see, what would it mean if Hyperion actually outright stopped the planet (I am not saying Hyperion did in fact stop the planet, he didnt, but how much power would it require to stop a planet).

Remember the planet is accelerating at 500,000 miles per hours but science requires you to used meters per seconds.

The Force at which the planet is being propelled is given by a simple equation F= m x acceleration

how much force would it require to stop the planet, at the very least just as much as its moving at, iin fact a little but higher.

Remember under earth's gravity, it takes 9 N to lift a kilogram, and hence in order to outright Stop the planet the amount of force involved is equivalient to lifting 2,235,200/ 9 = 248,355.55 times the weight.

In short, if Hyperion stopped the rogue planet outright, the feat would be equivalent to lifting 248 thousands times the weight of the said planet.

Remember we dont know how heavy the Rogue planet is, but it is still a planet, lets say its 1/1000 the time of Earth (honest it cant get any smaller.

Outright stopping the planet would still have been as impressive as lifting 248 times the weight of the earth.

Heck even if he slowed it down by 2%, instead of outright stop him, its still as impressive as lifting 5 planets together.

That assuming Earth is somehow 1000 times bigger than the rogue planet in question, and Hyperion only slowed the planet by 2%.

Hence if you are willing to look at it with a reasonable side, Hyperion feat is just as impressive, its just that we dont have numerical value unless you are telling me the planet is somehow more than 1/1000 the size of the Earth or Hyperion didnt even slow him down by 2%.

The guy has no clue what he is talking about... lol

But stopping the planet in a second (assuming it's 1/1000 the mass of the Earth) would take about 230 times the force to hold (not lift or move) the weight of the Earth.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ares834

But stopping the planet in a second (assuming it's 1/1000 the mass of the Earth) would take about 230 times the force to hold (not lift or move) the weight of the Earth.
Please explain.

Philosophía

But stopping the planet in a second (assuming it's 1/1000 the mass of the Earth) would take about 230 times the force to hold (not lift or move) the weight of the Earth. It's funny how you say that guy has no clue what he's talking about (and he doesn't, as he can't even make the difference between acceleration and velocity), when you're not any better.

"Stopping the planet" by itself does not imply how much energy is exerted, since that depends on the planet's velocity, so an unknown variable value being 230 smaller than a fixed value is pretty hilarious.

Mindship
I used a different formula, one for kinetic energy (K): K = 1/2mv^2.
- K is in joules
- m (mass) is in kilograms
- v (velocity) is in meters/second.

Let's assume this is the smallest planet possible (to get a minimum figure). This means one of its requirements to be called a planet is that it still has to be large enough to achieve "hydrostatic equilibrium." In planetary terms, this means the body has to be large enough so that its gravity is strong enough to compress it into a sphere. An astronomically well-known example is Ceres. It is the largest asteroid known (in the belt between Mars and Jupiter), and represents the minimum "planetary size": about 600 miles in diameter (the reason Ceres is not considered a planet is because it fails to meet one of the three requirements established by the International Astronomical Union: Ceres has not cleared its orbital path of debris, ie, other asteroids; but I digress).

So: the Hyperion-targeted planet (henceforth, simply called, the Planet) has a mass (like Ceres) of 9x10^20 (900 billion billion) kg. And it is moving at 500,000 mph, or (roughly) 140 miles/sec, or about 225,000 meters/sec. We now have figures we can plug into K=1/2mv^2.

K = 1/2(9x10^20) x (225,000x225,000)
K = (4.5x10^20) x (5x10^10)
K = 22.5x10^30, or 2.25x10^31 joules

By comparison, Earth's kinetic orbital energy is 2.7x10^33 joules, or roughly 100x greater. As stated from the onset, Planet's stopping energy would be a minimum figure.

By another comparison, the Sun's annual energy output per second is 3.8x10^26 joules.

According to these calculations (I strongly advise someone check my figures), this means Hyperion put out about 100,000x the power of the Sun, each second, to stop that Planet (I'm assuming it would take an amount of power equivalent to its kinetic energy).

Essentially, between what it takes to blow up a planet, and/or stop it from moving: the lesson is, rocky worlds may be small compared to a star or gas giant, but there's still a god-awful amount of matter that has to be reckoned with, far more than its mere/comparative size would suggest. This also completely ignores tidal forces, any tectonic repercussions, loss of any atmosphere, etc. It also ignores the fact that a Superman-calibre/sized being pushing against a planet would be like a BB shooting through a cake, rather than a BB pushing the whole cake.

(Also, for those interested, google "orders of magnitude joules" to see where I got some of my figures from).

ares834
Please explain.

I'll just run through the "calc".

Force = mass * acceleration

So to stop the rouge planet you need to put a force on it which is dependent on time. When you hold up an object you have to apply a force equal to its weight. Weight = mass * acceleration of gravity. Acceleration of gravity on the surface of the earth is about 9.8 m/s so the "weight" of the Earth would be 9.8 Earth masses (although using Earth gravity there is weird).

You can use that same equation to figure out how much force to stop the rouge planet. It's traveling at 2,235,200 m/s so how much deceleration would it require to go from that speed to 0 m/s in a second (I have no clue how long it took Hyperion to stop it but it certainly seems longer than a second). Well the acceleration to do so would be rater obviously 2,235,200 m/s^2. So you take that number and multiply it by the mass of the Rouge Planet (which we assumed to be 1/1000 of the Earth for whatever reason) so that's 1/1000 Earth masses * 2,235,200 which comes out to be 2,235 Earth masses.

2,235 Earth masses/9.8 earth masses comes out to be a bit less than 230. So it takes roughly 230 times as much force.

But yeah, a lot of incorrect assumptions on my part. The mass of the planet is obviously far more than 1/1000 of the Earth. Hyperion also seemed to take a bit longer than a second. Regardless, the guy who initially did the calc had no clue what he was doing.

Philosophía
It's traveling at 2,235,200 m/s Originally posted by ares834
so that's 1/1000 Earth masses * 2,235,200 which comes out to be 2,235 Earth masses. Check again.

According to these calculations (I strongly advise someone check my figures) Checks out. thumb up

ares834

Rao Kal El
- K is in joules

Let's assume this is the smallest planet possible (to get a minimum figure). This means one of its requirements to be called a planet is that it still has to be large enough to achieve "hydrostatic equilibrium." In planetary terms, this means the body has to be large enough so that its gravity is strong enough to compress it into a sphere. An astronomically well-known example is Ceres. It is the largest asteroid known (in the belt between Mars and Jupiter), and represents the minimum "planetary size": about 600 miles in diameter (the reason Ceres is not considered a planet is because it fails to meet one of the three requirements established by the International Astronomical Union: Ceres has not cleared its orbital path of debris, ie, other asteroids; but I digress).

So: the Hyperion-targeted planet (henceforth, simply called, the Planet) has a mass (like Ceres) of 9x10^20 (900 billion billion) kg. And it is moving at 500,000 mph, or (roughly) 140 miles/sec, or about 225,000 meters/sec. We now have figures we can plug into K=1/2mv^2.

By comparison, Earth's kinetic orbital energy is 2.7x10^33 joules, or roughly 100x greater. As stated from the onset, Planet's stopping energy would be a minimum figure.

By another comparison, the Sun's annual energy output per second is 3.8x10^26 joules.

According to these calculations (I strongly advise someone check my figures), this means Hyperion put out about 100,000x the power of the Sun, each second, to stop that Planet (I'm assuming it would take an amount of power equivalent to its kinetic energy).

Essentially, between what it takes to blow up a planet, and/or stop it from moving: the lesson is, rocky worlds may be small compared to a star or gas giant, but there's still a god-awful amount of matter that has to be reckoned with, far more than its mere/comparative size would suggest. This also completely ignores tidal forces, any tectonic repercussions, loss of any atmosphere, etc. It also ignores the fact that a Superman-calibre/sized being pushing against a planet would be like a BB shooting through a cake, rather than a BB pushing the whole cake.

(Also, for those interested, google "orders of magnitude joules" to see where I got some of my figures from).

Nice thumb up

ares834

Philosophía
I'll give it a try for the Superman/J'onn feat.

I'm going to assume Jupiter mass, despite all evidence pointing to blatantly more (most of the ship is in the background of the Earth, skewering perspective, it hadn't yet completely showed its entire size as it was still exiting the portal, the densities of the materials for the ship have have to be ridiculously higher than Jupiter's density etc.)
The speed is 36,000 mph = 10 miles per second = 16,000 m/s
The mass if 2 * 10^27 kg.
So the kinetic energy is (m*v^2)/2 = 10^27 * 16 * 16 * 10^6

2,5 * 10^35 J
Assuming J'onn (on fire) and Superman have equal strength (yeah) that means Superman can use just 1/500 of his strength and he could stop the Earth from orbiting the sun.

But more importantly..
Even if J'onn is only 1/5 as strong as Superman, he could stop the Earth from moving around the sun with just 1/100 of his strength.

Go J'onn.

Galan007
^ way off, bruh. thumb down

Philosophía
^ way off, bruh. thumb down Yeah, I forgot they didn't just stop the ship, they straight up pushed it away from Earth.

Add some more zeros, bro. uhuh

Galan007
gotta add this:
http://s28.postimg.org/le5ulft19/Lobo_Auth_39.jpg

...not because i think it compares to the other ridiculousness mentioned in this thread, but because i think it's fuking badass. thumb up

Philosophía
Superboy Prime changing the Center of the Universe with his bare hands. To see how impressive it is we need just to know how many years/days he needed and if Earth was the new Center, before that it was OA. Well, in the real world, we've discovered planets with as much as 50 times Jupiter's mass. Let's assume (on a low end) that in the DC Universe, the biggest planet Superboy Prime has moved has a mass of 100 Jupiter masses.

So that's mass of 100 * 2 * 10^27 = 2 * 10^29.

Now, Superboy Prime had to have moved ridiculous, incalculable amount of planets to shift the center of the Universe, so he had to have moved them fast. Let's not go into FTL, and assume 0.9c. That's 270,000,000 m/s.

So the total amount of kinetic energy Superboy Prime had to have exerted is:
1/2 * 2 * 10^29 * 27^2 * 10^14
That's:
7 * 10^45 J

In short, Superboy exerted 10,000,000,000 or 10 billion times more kinetic energy to move just one of the planets in his multi-galactical planet-moving crusade, than Superman and J'onn did in arguably the biggest strength feat in either Marvel/DC ever, with the cap at high herald.

Let that sink in.

Math.

---

Ok. Now...imagine this is PC Superboy, whose feat is so much above Prime's the zeros would look ridiculous:

Whole scan:
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19665254_superboy140002.jpg
-Superboy v1 #140.
no expression

Mindship
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Nice thumb up *bows*

Diesldude
Mass doesn't increase with velocity.

A baseball weights the same when thrown at 5mph and when thrown at 100mph.

But comic book logic it probably does.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude

Mass should increase velocity if something is falling though.

DTM
gotta add this:
http://s28.postimg.org/le5ulft19/Lobo_Auth_39.jpg

...not because i think it compares to the other ridiculousness mentioned in this thread, but because i think it's fuking badass. thumb up

Funny, I was waiting all thread for this pic (as going to mention it myself if no one else did), only where you think its badass, I personally think its utterly stupidity, and fits the title of this thread to a T. smile

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude

Well it certainly does not remain a constant.

https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Einstein%27s_Mass-Velocity_Equation

abhilegend
That your calculations are right. Now calculate that Superman and Martian Manhunter showing. Then you have to include Martian Manhunter arms being abnormally large and Superman being sun amped to the equation. This should be a hard one for ya.

smile
facepalm

Epicurus

pym-ftw
Actually movement increases mass, its just at slow speed its very minimum.

Epicurus
@Celey...

No it wasn't. Artistically the Earth and the rogue were portrayed as being complete equals.

Epicurus
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Actually movement increases mass, its just at slow speed its very minimum.
Yes, only at normal velocities the change in mass is so small as to be considered negligible. It is only at very high velocities(double digit percentages of the lightspeed), that the difference becomes considerably noticeable.

carver9
No it wasn't. Artistically the Earth and the rogue were portrayed as being complete equals.

I disagree. The Rogue planet looks larger as shown here.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17319521/Avengers_v524.NOW-030.jpg.html

pym-ftw
Yes, only at normal velocities the change in mass is so small as to be considered negligible. It is only at very high velocities(double digit percentages of the lightspeed), that the difference becomes considerably noticeable. if by noticeable you mean a piece of early morning eye crust could easily galaxy bust lol.

Prof. T.C McAbe

smile

Just...stop...

Zack Fair
That cover of PC Superboy towing planets with the giant chain will alwyas be my #1 WTF space cheese feat.

DarkSaint85
Where's Lobo easily throwing stellar mass?

Stellar mass means about 75 times the mass of Jupiter AT minimum.

And he was throwing that around, easily. Whilst the sentient star presumably was resisting it.

That kinda sh!ts on the other feats, tbh.

Insane Titan
The h1 virus is spreading like wild fire.

DarkSaint85
Well its the space cheese feat thread!

h1a8
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
2.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
3.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
4.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang
5.Superman pushing Warworld which equaled the power of a Big Bang this is actually the greatest strength feat of all time

Mindship

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Insane Titan
The h1 virus is spreading like wild fire.
That was the plan.
big grin

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well its the space cheese feat thread! I know, but in reality all it does is fuel h1's view that his nonsense means something.

LordofBrooklyn
this is actually the greatest strength feat of all time

Your wisdom is a gift to us all!

h1a8
Typo

h1a8
I know, but in reality all it does is fuel h1's view that his nonsense means something. laughing I love you Titan. This nonsense is the only way we can quantify feats. This is a must for comparing characters across different companies (where no direct comparison could be made).

Zack Fair
ugh

Insane Titan
laughing I love you Titan. This nonsense is the only way we can quantify feats. This is a must for comparing characters across different companies (where no direct comparison could be made). you think the writers take in account real world physics when writing comics ? No they don't so stop talking shite to try and justify your lack of real comic book knowledge.

DarkSaint85
Course they do, shut the phuck up.

Lobo's chains have the tensile strength necessary to hurl suns around. And have a high enough melting point you can hook suns with them.

Despite being made of iron.

h1a8
you think the writers take in account real world physics when writing comics ? No they don't so stop talking shite to try and justify your lack of real comic book knowledge. doesn't matter, as we have nothing else to compare characters across different companies. How do we know that Thor is stronger than Aquaman? What do you propose?

h1a8
This was calced in narutoforums and dont was anywhere close to this number. If i remember well it was not enough energy to destroy a sun.

And Solar mass is "only" 332,946 earths. I rounded. To the laymen 330,000 is a better number big grin

Anyway. Destroying something from hundreds of yards without touching it takes more than billions of times more force than destroying it through contact.

This means that WBH exerted more than billions of times more force than someone destroying a planet with a single blow. It takes a little less than 1 earth weight to destroy the earth.

Zack Fair
aw shit nigga

Insane Titan
doesn't matter, as we have nothing else to compare characters across different companies. How do we know that Thor is stronger than Aquaman? What do you propose? by feats and showings on average. Tell me how you exactly calculate a blast from someone lik Odin hand when he wants to Chanel energy better.

Philosophía

Lobo's chains have the tensile strength necessary to hurl suns around. And have a high enough melting point you can hook suns with them.

Despite being made of iron. Everything Lobo touches ignores physics, the same way everyone Thanos engages ignores intelligent thought, or everyone Batman stares at instantly regrets ever having been born.

Superpowers.

That said, assuming 'stellar mass' doesn't mean matter/energy type composition, and instead the actual Sun's mass - and assuming Lobo accelerated its movement like, say, 20 m/s, the kinetic energy necessary to do that is 1/2 * 2 * 10^30 * 400 i.e. 4 * 10^32. It takes about 2*10^32 to vaporize Earth, so he has enough strength to do that two times over.

What I'm trying to say is Lobo > Gladiator's biggest space cheese feat.

h1a8

(by killemall)

To calculate average force we go to its definition F= change in momentum over change in time.

Or F= m(Vf-Vi)/t where m is the mass of the planet, Vf is the final velocity of the planet, Vi is the initial velocity, and t is the stopping time.

Assuming m=1/1000 of Earth, Vi = 223,520, Vf=0, and t=6 seconds maybe, we get a stopping force of about 37 Earth weights.

This is also assuming that Hyperion didn't slow the planet to match the Earths velocity (Vf= 67,000 mph) which would make the feat even less.

h1a8
by feats and showings on average. Tell me how you exactly calculate a blast from someone lik Odin hand when he wants to Chanel energy better. by feats? How do we judge the feats? And I'm talking about strength feats. How can we know that Thor is stronger than Aquaman without quantifying their fears?

Insane Titan
by feats? How do we judge the feats? And I'm talking about strength feats. How can we know that Thor is stronger than Aquaman without quantifying their fears? we don't have to quantify things we use showing what regulate what a character can and can't constantly do to attain what lvl they are at.

h1a8
- K is in joules

Well, then, let me recount one of my favorite annoyances: one-shot planetbusting. From a prior thread (and modified)...

quote: (post)
It has recently come to my attention the following about planetbusting (with the Earth as the standard)...

To really destroy the Earth, ie, to make an explosion big enough to not only blow it up, but to fling the pieces away from each other fast enough so that gravity doesn't take hold and pull the chunks back together: the explosion would have to overcome the Earth's gravitational binding energy, which is about 2x10^32 joules.

The Sun puts out about 4x10^26 joules/second. This means, that in one second, when busts a world with one punch, they're generating about 500,000x the power of the entire Sun (2x10^32 divided by 4x10^26 = 5x10^5).

My feeling now about planetbusting is the same as withstanding black holes or basking at the Sun's core: save it for the most powerful characters, eg, Galactus.
that's quite impressive. But the power the sun puts out (radiation energy) is rather small in comparison to other things like supernovae, gamma bursts from black holes, or even planet striking destroying power. There is astronomically more power in the inside of the sun (especially the core) in the form of crushing pressure.

So it's a little misleading to think the power output (radiation energy) of the Sun as the Totality power of the sun.

Average power = F^2*t/(2m) where F is the applied force, t is the total time the force is acts, m is the mass of the object that the force is acting upon)

Letting time be 1 second and then Solving for force we get F= sqrt (2*average power*m).

Substituting 2x10^32 for average power and 5.9x10^24 for the mass of the Earth then we get an applied force of 4.9x19^28 newtons = 5.5 x10 ^24 tons of force. Which is about 840 earth weights. Seems right? No it isn't.

The problem is when someone busts a planet through striking, their fist stays in contact for far less than 1 second. Their fist has a tiny mass and so must generate a large velocity in order to achieve The necessary force. The time would actually be under a microsecond and Hence making the applied force less than 1 earth weight.

That's why I always said that destroying an earth like planet with a strike takes less than 1 earth weight of Force.

So planet moving (higher than g) is greater than planet bashing.

P.S. I can derive for you the average power formula is used above if you want.

h1a8
we don't have to quantify things we use showing what regulate what a character can and can't constantly do to attain what lvl they are at. you are arguing in circles. How do we know what a character can or can't do if we don't quantify somehow what they did?

DarkSaint85

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
XVIII. WORLD WAR HULK STRENGTH (cont'd)

SHOCKWAVES

So what happens when he finally meets an opponent who can match his physical strength and he stops holding back? The shockwaves produced from their collision annihilates an entire planet. From Incredible Hulks #634:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/WWHShockwave10634.jpg

Next up for you H1.

h1a8
Next up for you H1. I kinda did already above. But you will need to put several of the posts together to figure it out.

In one post (reply to mindship) I showed that it takes less than 1 earth weight of force to destroy the earth with a blow.

In another post, I said that it takes more than a billion times the force to destroy something from hundreds of yards away than to destroy it through direct impact.

So a fraction between .1 and .6 times a billion is in the millions of Earth weights.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Rao Kal El
It also depends on how matter behaves on different dimension evil face

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
It also depends on how matter behaves on different dimension evil face
You just had to stick that in there did you?
laughing out loud

Insane Titan
you are arguing in circles. How do we know what a character can or can't do if we don't quantify somehow what they did? easy, if have done that sort of thing before or if they regularly do these sort I things.

Delta1938
you think the writers take in account real world physics when writing comics ? No they don't so stop talking shite to try and justify your lack of real comic book knowledge.

Someone needs a midol this morning.

Despite being made of iron.

I believe Superman broke them. Superman>The Sun. Superman, greater than his power source. eek!

Rao Kal El
You just had to stick that in there did you?
laughing out loud

big grin just trolling Carver

h1a8
easy, if have done that sort of thing before or if they regularly do these sort I things. no one is talking about only high end feats. Any feat used to gauge, whether it is regularly done or not, must be quantified.

How do we know if Thor's regularly done strength feats are above Aqauman's regularly done strength feats without quantifying them?

h1a8
Originally posted by Delta1938
Someone needs a midol this morning.

I believe Superman broke them. Superman>The Sun. Superman, greater than his power source. eek! someone once asked a writer how is Superman able to perform feats beyond the energy he absorbs from the sun. from one writers interview (I can't remember) actually Superman gets his power from another source or dimension in addition to the sun. The more solar energy he absorbs the more energy he can channel from the other dimension or source.
The solar energy either helps him draw this energy in at a faster rate. stick out tongue

Mindship
So it's a little misleading to think the power output (radiation energy) of the Sun as the Totality power of the sun. I'm just going by what the Orders of Magnitude chart says: "total energy output of the Sun each second".

So planet moving (higher than g) is greater than planet bashing.An uncritical glance of Chart numbers appears to support this. To permanently smash the Earth, you have to overcome its gravitational binding energy: about 2x10^32 joules. However, to match its kinetic orbital energy, you would need about 2.7x10^33 joules, nearly 10x the GBE.

Delta1938
from one writers interview (I can't remember) actually Superman gets his power from another source or dimension in addition to the sun. The more solar energy he absorbs the more energy he can channel from the other dimension or source.
The solar energy either helps him draw this energy in at a faster rate. stick out tongue

Interesting, but I wouldn't accept it if it hadn't been in a comic.

Insane Titan
no one is talking about only high end feats. Any feat used to gauge, whether it is regularly done or not, must be quantified.

How do we know if Thor's regularly done strength feats are above Aqauman's regularly done strength feats without quantifying them? by reading the god damn comics and knowing their history.

You're basically looking excuses because you don't read comics

Rao Kal El
And by reading comics you come across feats and then you gauge them mmm

h1a8

Delta1938
by reading the god damn comics and knowing their history.

You're basically looking excuses because you don't read comics

The ONE thread that's actually made for what he does. Go take something for the bloating and cramping and let H1 have his fun.

Insane Titan
The ONE thread that's actually made for what he does. Go take something for the bloating and cramping and let H1 have his fun. he gets to say his thing in every thread he posts in lol.

Delta1938
he gets to say his thing in every thread he posts in lol.

And the ONE thread that's MADE for it!! He should be able to without ridicule!! It's like a rescued chicken has now become free range!! Let him spread his wings, peck the ground, feel the Sun on his back and proudly cluck as if he thinks he's an eagle!! Until he goes back to threads where everybody tells him to shut the **** up.

Zack Fair
And the ONE thread that's MADE for it!! He should be able to without ridicule!! It's like a rescued chicken has now become free range!! Let him spread his wings, peck the ground, feel the Sun on his back and proudly cluck as if he thinks he's an eagle!! Until he goes back to threads where everybody tells him to shut the **** up. Let Titan indulge on hostility. Its kind of his thing and yet I see no thread for him That's just racist uhuh

h1a8
by reading the god damn comics and knowing their history.

You're basically looking excuses because you don't read comics laughing

There is no winning here with you. I still love you though. Always believe that.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Let Titan indulge on hostility. Its kind of his thing and yet I see no thread for him That's just racist uhuh

It's racist he doesn't have his own thread, and yet you make him none? huhu "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Delta1938
laughing

There is no winning here with you. I still love you though. Always believe that.

-7hjdC8-jbw

Zack Fair
Fight me IRL Mother ****er!!!

http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/4331812+_cb0315386378c1b5472397ddb8790321.png

Delta1938
Fight me IRL Mother ****er!!!

http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/4331812+_cb0315386378c1b5472397ddb8790321.png

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/960040704/h36F35714/

Insane Titan
Let Titan indulge on hostility. Its kind of his thing and yet I see no thread for him That's just racist uhuh lmao true

celeyhyga17
And the ONE thread that's MADE for it!! He should be able to without ridicule!! It's like a rescued chicken has now become free range!! Let him spread his wings, peck the ground, feel the Sun on his back and proudly cluck as if he thinks he's an eagle!! Until he goes back to threads where everybody tells him to shut the **** up. laughing out loud

Silent Master
someone once asked a writer how is Superman able to perform feats beyond the energy he absorbs from the sun. from one writers interview (I can't remember) actually Superman gets his power from another source or dimension in addition to the sun. The more solar energy he absorbs the more energy he can channel from the other dimension or source.

IOW, the writer is an X-men fan and decided to rip off Cyclops.

carver9
Can someone calculate this.

Hulk pushed a matter and anti matter bombs away from each other and not only did he do that, he actually punched one into orbit. It was stated to have the weight of a neutron star. A star was actually created when the bombs went off.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023139-7717630020-Marve_zps5a93f618.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023141-0847512808-Marve_zpsd1b22d82.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023143-6123049636-Marve_zpseacbbfd1.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023144-9622022042-Marve_zpsa8556231.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023146-2487299103-Marve_zpsf312a643.jpeg.html

Math geniuses, where are you?

carver9
Hulk powering through an attack capable of knocking a planet out of orbit (Galaxy Master has actually done that). Hulk is only stopped when Galaxy increase said energies past that.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3016286-1589538323-hulk__zps2ec85988.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3016287-3280596398-15684_zps1e3d9b56.png.html

LordofBrooklyn
Can someone calculate this.

Hulk pushed a matter and anti matter bombs away from each other and not only did he do that, he actually punched one into orbit. It was stated to have the weight of a neutron star. A star was actually created when the bombs went off.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023139-7717630020-Marve_zps5a93f618.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023141-0847512808-Marve_zpsd1b22d82.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023143-6123049636-Marve_zpseacbbfd1.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023144-9622022042-Marve_zpsa8556231.jpeg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3023146-2487299103-Marve_zpsf312a643.jpeg.html

Math geniuses, where are you?

I'll handle this.

If you use the rule of 9 and divide by 12 you get..

-3 Earth unit weight of force.

Any Superman feat>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk pushing anti-matter/Matter bombs away from each other.

carver9
I'll handle this.

Any Superman feat>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk pushing anti-matter/Matter bombs away from each other.

laughing out loud love this guy (no homo)

Back on topic. Chernobog, an extremely powerful demon tries to sap Hulk of his strength and is nearly overloaded while Hulk remained the same.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3072754-9312880590-Savag_zpsf0d378de.jpg.html

I know I know, this can't be calculated...I just wanted to post this anyways.

Zack Fair
I'll handle this.

Any Superman feat>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk pushing anti-matter/Matter bombs away from each other. thumb up

GG Carvster.

Surrender now while you still can. Pledge your loyalty.

Delta1938
laughing out loud love this guy (no homo)

Back on topic. Chernobog, an extremely powerful demon tries to sap Hulk of his strength and is nearly overloaded while Hulk remained the same.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3072754-9312880590-Savag_zpsf0d378de.jpg.html

I know I know, this can't be calculated...I just wanted to post this anyways.

Impressive for Hulk. That's comparable, but inferior, to a powerless Clark Kent grabbing an SD card for Jimmy Olsen. In DC's world the dials go to 11. And each dial is equal to 17*937^739 of Marvel's dial level 10.

Zack Fair
Impressive for Hulk. That's comparable, but inferior, to a powerless Clark Kent grabbing an SD card for Jimmy Olsen. In DC's world the dials go to 11. And each dial is equal to 17*937^739 of Marvel's dial level 10. LMAO

carver9
Impressive for Hulk. That's comparable, but inferior, to a powerless Clark Kent grabbing an SD card for Jimmy Olsen. In DC's world the dials go to 11. And each dial is equal to 17*937^739 of Marvel's dial level 10.

Huh?

Delta1938
Huh?

http://i.imgur.com/EKYc4Wd.gif

carver9
"This is the power of the Hulk. And there is no force stronger than the Hulk"...as he rips through a device designed to fight the Celestials.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3016298-6195832248-Savag-1_zps60af4cc2.jpg.html

carver9
Modok adamantium hard body gets ripped to shreds by Hulk to the point that Modok thinks Hulk could destroy anything.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3113227-3899726439-Hulk__zps89dfb7e2.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3113229-6179939998-Hulk__zps7cda392b.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/3113230-5822574525-Hulk__zps9db0545e.jpg.html

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>