Michael Lane (Azrael) Vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Lane with the Suit of Sorrows vs current Panther's suit. Which one wins and why?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BP_zps4078da17.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ML_zpsf76062d7.jpg

Zack M
Go!

leonidas
i'd say this was very close, with the one issue being the anti-metal claws. with them, bp should be able to deal easily with the sword and armor. i'm just not sure if he currently makes use of the anti-metal. without this would be pretty close imo. i'll assume no teleporting for bp since i still don't believe it is a standard tactic for him. he does have some tech obviously that can come into play, but i still see this as being close. a good thread. thumb up

Zack M
Yeah, pretty close, but I'm unsure if BP toys could actually harm Azrael.

BruceSkywalker
armbar ftw lol

Zack M
Arm bar would just annoy Lane.

RadZoa
Lane is probably faster and stronger, definitely more durable. But the anti metal claws could get through his armor, but if Panther is that close he'll be in range of getting hit by one of Lane's swords which can bypass Panthers armor.

deathslash
Originally posted by RadZoa
Lane is probably faster and stronger, definitely more durable. But the anti metal claws could get through his armor, but if Panther is that close he'll be in range of getting hit by one of Lane's swords which can bypass Panthers armor. what are lane's best strength and durability feats? Let's also not forget about t'challa's energy daggers, mini bombs, and energy shield.

Zack M
I've showed you earlier. He withstood a rocket launcher point blank with no problem and easily withstood fireball 's attack.

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
I've showed you earlier. He withstood a rocket launcher point blank with no problem and easily withstood fireball 's attack. alright then. Panther has gotten punched in the face by namor, survived an energy blast from Phoenix force namor, and survived getting blasted in the face by dr. Doom.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
alright then. Panther has gotten punched in the face by namor, survived an energy blast from Phoenix force namor, and survived getting blasted in the face by dr. Doom.

Those swords will pass right through his armor, me thinks. Not only does lanes armor protect the user from any harm, but it gives lane the past users strength, speed, and skills. And one of those users was Batman himself.

RadZoa
what are lane's best strength and durability feats? Let's also not forget about t'challa's energy daggers, mini bombs, and energy shield. His best durability feat that I know of is when he no sold an RPG to the face without a scratch, as far as speed feats go he's been stated to be stronger and faster than 100 men.

deathslash
Those swords will pass right through his armor, me thinks. Not only does lanes armor protect the user from any harm, but it gives lane the past users strength, speed, and skills. And one of those users was Batman himself. cool. As the king of the dead, t'challa has all of the knowledge of the past panthers and his speed and strength seems to have been enhanced even further. Do you have scans of the swords passing through energy shields though? Also, did lane ever display the skills of batman? Also, the swords are mystical in nature right? What do they do?

RadZoa
alright then. Panther has gotten punched in the face by namor, survived an energy blast from Phoenix force namor, and survived getting blasted in the face by dr. Doom. And yet he still would need to avoid an RPG if someone shot at Panther with one.

Anyway I don't think durability would matter because both have weapons that can subdue the other regardless of durability. Anti Metal Claws would eat through Lane's armor most likely and Lane's swords would bypass Panthers armor

But where Lane could probably survive initial attacks from Anti Metal Claws, Panther can be hit anywhere with Lane's sword and be one shotted

RadZoa
cool. As the king of the dead, t'challa has all of the knowledge of the past panthers and his speed and strength seems to have been enhanced even further. Do you have scans of the swords passing through energy shields though? Also, did lane ever display the skills of batman? Also, the swords are mystical in nature right? What do they do? Think of the Sword of Sin like Ghost Riders Penance stare in the form of a sword

Zack M
cool. As the king of the dead, t'challa has all of the knowledge of the past panthers and his speed and strength seems to have been enhanced even further. Do you have scans of the swords passing through energy shields though? Also, did lane ever display the skills of batman? Also, the swords are mystical in nature right? What do they do?

Lane's swords can bypass solids. It went straight through Dick Grayson and Lane commented that he was way too slow. He basically one-shotted Grayson when he was Batman (who took on Cassandra Cain).

deathslash
And yet he still would need to avoid an RPG if someone shot at Panther with one.

Anyway I don't think durability would matter because both have weapons that can subdue the other regardless of durability. Anti Metal Claws would eat through Lane's armor most likely and Lane's swords would bypass Panthers armor

But where Lane could probably survive initial attacks from Anti Metal Claws, Panther can be hit anywhere with Lane's sword and be one shotted alright then. The question still remains though, the sword can go through solids, but does it have any feats that show it going through an energy shield? Also, is azrael fast enough to dodge panther's daggers when they're thrown at him, Dodge the mini bombs, and detect panther when he goes invisible.?

Zack M
Azrael is fast enough, no doubt. As for the energy shields, that's up in the air. I wouldn't put it past it, I believe they are mystic forces, same as his armor, which is why it can take as much punishment as it can.

Zack M
Btw, Azrael doesn't really need to dodge most of his attacks. They won't even bother Lane.

deathslash
Btw, Azrael doesn't really need to dodge most of his attacks. They won't even bother Lane. he kind of does though. If panther chooses to use his gauntlets, lane's gonna get a hole punched though his body.

Zack M
he kind of does though. If panther chooses to use his gauntlets, lane's gonna get a hole punched though his body.

Lane's armor can protect him from physical harm. It might not work.

RadZoa
alright then. The question still remains though, the sword can go through solids, but does it have any feats that show it going through an energy shield? Also, is azrael fast enough to dodge panther's daggers when they're thrown at him, Dodge the mini bombs, and detect panther when he goes invisible.? Yes. they're pure energy and can go through solids, if they couldn't then someone would have to be entirely naked for the swords to affect them.

The only thing we know about Lane's speed is that he's 100x faster than an average human, based on that he could probably avoid most projectiles, and even if he couldn't it's unlikely that T'Challa is gonna bomb him before he goes into close quarters.

Stealth might work, but again T'Challa would have to subdue Lane before Lane lands a single hit with the Swords

deathslash
Yes. they're pure energy and can go through solids, if they couldn't then someone would have to be entirely naked for the swords to affect them.

The only thing we know about Lane's speed is that he's 100x faster than an average human, based on that he could probably avoid most projectiles, and even if he couldn't it's unlikely that T'Challa is gonna bomb him before he goes into close quarters.

Stealth might work, but again T'Challa would have to subdue Lane before Lane lands a single hit with the Swords the swords are pure energy? Has anybody every tried to absorb or redirect the energy? I know that panther's suit is capable of absorbing and redirecting energy so the question should be asked.

That kind of sounds like hyperbole. Does he have any showings that demonstrate such a thing?

Likewise, if Lane's best durability feats include no selling a rocket launcher, then it's very likely that T'challa using the gauntlets could punch a hole in him. Seriously, he's made name bleed with a normal punch and then almost killed him with his gauntlets.

abhilegend
Nobody can beat Panther, don't you get the memo?

Obviously he has never lost a fight to another MA, right deathslash?

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nobody can beat Panther, don't you get the memo?

Obviously he has never lost a fight to another MA, right deathslash? or perhaps he has enough damage output to currently punch through a man? Unless you think that azrael has durability that's on par with namor then it should be obvious what will happen when he gets hit with the gauntlets.

You're entitled to your own opinions, but it's pretty easy to see that you think your opinions are facts.

abhilegend
Well of course, anybody lower than Namor gets killed.

That includes that Batman clone from Great Society too, right?

deathslash
Well of course, anybody lower than Namor gets killed.

That includes that Batman clone from Great Society too, right? panther didn't use the gauntlets in that fight and you know it. You also can't judge him just because he was a clone of batman. He might share similarities, but he's still a different character and could be (and most likely was) above batman.

abhilegend
panther didn't use the gauntlets in that fight and you know it. You also can't judge him just because he was a clone of batman. He might share similarities, but he's still a different character and could be (and most likely was) above batman.
Well of course, he fought Panther so he was Above batman.

What a great logic.

Zack M
the swords are pure energy? Has anybody every tried to absorb or redirect the energy? I know that panther's suit is capable of absorbing and redirecting energy so the question should be asked.

That kind of sounds like hyperbole. Does he have any showings that demonstrate such a thing?

Likewise, if Lane's best durability feats include no selling a rocket launcher, then it's very likely that T'challa using the gauntlets could punch a hole in him. Seriously, he's made name bleed with a normal punch and then almost killed him with his gauntlets.

It might be enduring Fireballs attacks, which said they felt as hot as the sun. Probably not that hot, but fireball was pretty powerful.

deathslash
Well of course, he fought Panther so he was Above batman.

What a great logic. your logic is the one that's broken here, not mine. You're talking in absolutes and acting like it's the truth. I said that he could be above batman, not that he absolutely was. He and the rest of the society were veterans of several incursions (meaning that they had defeated several different versions of earth's best line of defense) and he was clearly a skilled martial artist and tactician. Lastly, he was fighting a version of panther that had previously shown the ability to punch a cyborg in half, defeated black swan with one punch, survived getting hit in the face by terrax, and had teleportation, cloaking, energy shields, and energy daggers. We don't know for sure how powerful wayne was through, so it's all left up to conjecture.

Zack M
Panther and Batman are likely really close in HTH. When 2 characters are extremely skilled, it's hard to say who's above the other. Guys like Batman, Shiva, Cassandra, Richard, Iron Fist, Cap, Panther are top tiers.

Guys like Karate Kid are universal tier or whatever you want to call it.

deathslash
Panther and Batman are likely really close in HTH. When 2 characters are extremely skilled, it's hard to say who's above the other. Guys like Batman, Shiva, Cassandra, Richard, Iron Fist, Cap, Panther are top tiers.

Guys like Karate Kid are universal tier or whatever you want to call it. yeah, they're really close in h2h but let's not forget about physical stats either. Panther is a legitimate superhuman while batman is still only a peak human.

Zack M
yeah, they're really close in h2h but let's not forget about physical stats either. Panther is a legitimate superhuman while batman is still only a peak human.

I'm not talking about physical stats. Just pure skills. Batman is probably slightly above Panther. DC has guys that are physically on par with Panther and Cap. Deathstroke, Midnighter, Zealot, Azrael, Bane, etc...

Zack M
Bump for Supermutant! He's sporting a new Michael Lane sig.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.